PDA

View Full Version : Question about Yestertoys

Paul-Kenobi
01-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I don't know if this belongs here or not, but I just have a question regarding yestertoys. My anut got me durge with swoop bike from yestertoys about two weeks ago and I don't know weather they used a credit card or check but it's been like I said two weeks, and it hasnt arived. Today I tryed calling them up and there phone was really screwd up found out they where closed for the evening, when it's only like 3 PM :ermm: and dispite I allways see collector sites advertiseing yestertoys, you know I thought it was a well trusted website to buy SW toys from, but you know it's been two weeks. Somethings up and i'm just wondering if people have had this type of problem before, or they do take a long time to ship there orders or what.

thanks

Dr Zoltar
01-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I have ordered from them twice, and both times there were errors with my order. But they did correct them. The first time I called them and the second time I emailed them. Took the owner about 48 hours to respond to my email.

Paul-Kenobi
01-05-2004, 05:09 PM
hmmmm *rubs chin* thats weird .......anyone elase have simmler problems ?

Val Da Car
01-05-2004, 05:49 PM
I have ordered from them in the past and had correctly shipped orders and one incorrect order.

I pickup army building figures there since their freight is reasonable.

I sent an letter with the incorrect items and after the owner (I forgot his name) repackaged the order it arrived without any issue.

Old Fossil
01-05-2004, 11:33 PM
My last order from Yestertoys, back in September/October, took over three weeks to arrive... and they were not even new items I ordered (several Sneak Preview R3-T7's, nonmint). I will only order from them again if I am desperate.

Paul-Kenobi
01-06-2004, 01:29 AM
that sucks the same thing is happening with me just hope he doesnt screw up my order

mtriv73
01-08-2004, 02:43 PM
They are very slow to fill orders, but I've (luckily) never had a problem with them. I ordered 2 figures on Christmas eve and they arrived this tuesday (1/6)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Sometimes they're fast, sometimes they're slow. It's just the luck of the draw, I guess.

New orders can take anywhere from two weeks to over a month. Older things usually (not always) ship faster.

OC47150
01-13-2004, 04:46 PM
I've ordered several times from Yestertoys the last couple of years with no problem. Late summer or early fall was the last time I ordered from them.

Paul-Kenobi
01-17-2004, 10:18 PM
well ill be happy to report ( just for the hell of it) that I got my Durge and i must say he was worth the wait and am happy i might order from yestertoys again ( sense i can't find asajj ventress)

Val Da Car
01-18-2004, 01:08 AM
I thought I saw the Asajj on their site recently?

Scackmgackm
01-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I have ordered from this place many times.

Most of my orders have been either late or screwed up. I have spoken with the owner on several occaisions, and I have heard about his divorce, his "moving to a new warehouse' (his new garage), and other such things.

Yet, I would order from him again. His prices are decent, and he usually can provide the figures from more modern-day lines such as PotJ that I need.

You just need to be patient with this guy, and expect errors.

JangoFart
01-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Yestertoys used to be my on-line retailer of choice. USED to be....

During the past year, I had 3 orders totally screwed up by them. The last order was the worst and will surely be the last time they see money from me. First, FOUR weeks after placing my order, I made my 10th or so call to them. ("Tom's doing [fill in the blank] and will contact you" was what I was told every time before that.) Come to find out the reason I didn't have my order was because it wasn't shipped. The reason it wasn't shipped, and here's the kicker, is because THEY messed up inserting my name on my credit card and therefore were unable to charge me. Did they call me? No. Did they email me? No. Did they return my calls? No. Once I FINALLY got ahold of Tom (I think his name is), the problem was solved. Or so I thought. I got the SUPPOSED to be mint figures and they were really beat up.

I did not call them to complain. I did not return the figures. I chalked it up as a learning experience, came here and *****ed about it, and moved on.

I recommend you all do the same.

"Expect errors" - what kind of crap is THAT?!? I don't expect anything other than: (a) buyer pays for items & (b) seller sends items. Nothing more. Nothing less.

J

Here's thread I started on the topic:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19889&page=1&pp=10&highlight=yestertoys

Paul-Kenobi
02-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Jango, thats really screwd up! It sucks becuase Yestertoys is the ONLY ( well that I know of ) SW retailer that sell's there stuff cheep, (besides amizon when they ever or IF they do get new stuff) the rest allways charge a arm and a leg for a something you can find for 4$ at retail. but we all know the problem with retail,(or atleast sometimes) eather; A someone buys all the stuff and they move to the next wave, or B they have old stock and never get rid of it. And as a Non Ebay user it becomes harder to keep up.

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 10:23 AM
IMO, eBay is a great invention if you can manage to find that good deal that is a Buy it Now auction. Beats the hassle of outbidding someone every 20 minutes until the auction is over with. It can get frustrating.

-Matt