PDA

View Full Version : Clearance Sales!

tgr3328
01-05-2004, 04:11 PM
A local target had select saga figures on clearance for $3.35. I got Padme Lars Homestead and an Imperial dignitary. There other figures that I already had, so I passed. I later found the Droid Army and Destroyer Droid Launcher for $4.99 (half price) at another Target.

I have seen enough of the Ultra sets to hope that they too will go on clearance, though Walmart usually takes forever with such things. I have similar hopes for the Geonisis War Chamber and Jedi High Council sets.

Any other clearance sale stories out there? Everyone loves a bargain and we all love Star Wars. This is the best of both worlds!

Silent Chazz
01-05-2004, 04:22 PM
I was at a Walmart Supercenter in a town an hour from where I live on Tuesday. They had a TON of Saga figures on clearance for $2 each. I didn't have much money so I only bought $12 worth (6 figures).

tgr3328
01-05-2004, 04:29 PM
I was at a Walmart Supercenter in a town an hour from where I live on Tuesday. They had a TON of Saga figures on clearance for $2 each. I didn't have much money so I only bought $12 worth (6 figures).

Old figures or more recent stuff? All my Walmart has in the basic figures is 20-odd Zam Wesells. Who knows how that happened!

Silent Chazz
01-05-2004, 04:35 PM
It was 2002 Saga stuff that they probably had sitting back in Storage. Luckily for me though I needed some of the stuff they had out on Clearance for my Diorama Im building of the Geonosis Arena battle.

thespar
01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Target cleance sell is the where Padme Home Stead, Impreial Digtainy, Obi Nightclub, Avi, and the guy with the deathsticks.

Silent Chazz
01-05-2004, 11:18 PM
and the guy with the deathsticks.

I believe that would be Elan Sleezebaggano. :D

fishyfett
01-06-2004, 01:24 AM
I hear ya, gang. I almost bought a Deluxe Durge at TRU when I decided I don't need him that bad. Then, I went to a nearby Target and I found him at half the price from TRU. I suddenly felt that I need him after all to complete my CW line. Me very happy!!! :D

Ohio Jedi
01-06-2004, 06:04 AM
I went to Meijer and picked up Anthony Daniels, Wat Tambor, and WA7 for $1.10 each!!! I also got Aayla and Barriss for the same amount since they were not coming up in the computers. 5 figures for $6.00 isn't bad.

CrossWizard
01-06-2004, 10:10 AM
I went to Meijer and picked up Anthony Daniels, Wat Tambor, and WA7 for $1.10 each!!! I also got Aayla and Barriss for the same amount since they were not coming up in the computers. 5 figures for $6.00 isn't bad.

Almost reminds me of when the last few figures in the vintage line came out, especially the POTF ones, all figures were around $1-$2.

Beast
01-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Just remember, there is a bad thing if you don't support the lines until the figures go on clearance. The stores don't see a profit at all from clearancing out the figures. So may be less likely to order figures in the future. Since they can't make a profit on them, and every figure that gets sold for a loss is another nail in the Star Wars coffin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2004, 12:04 PM
At a Target in Minnesota, they had several figures for $2. I finally got a second Lama Su for my tall Taun We custom. :D

Turbowars
01-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I got 45 bucks back from Target the other day because they price matched all the figures I bought in the last 2 weeks from them. I scored the Hoth wave, Concept wave and a few extra's here or there, when I shop for other stuff. I do total agree with JJB on the clearance deals. When I see something I aways buy it because I figure I will not see it again, so I usually never benefit from sales. I bought 2 12" speeders at full price and I'm sure they will hit clearance shelve soon.

What I don't like to hear is comments like this, "Oh a can't wait to get a shuttle, man when it comes out I'm going to buy 3 or 4 Hasbro! Please make one." They get released and they say, Wow, they are so cool, but I'm going to wait for it to go on clearance":dead:

Silent Chazz
01-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Well the deal with the WalMart Supercenter I was at was that the Clearanced SW was 2002 Saga figures that were probably sitting in cases in a back storeroom for a long time.

bobafrett
01-06-2004, 04:51 PM
I buy everything I really want at full price, and that is just about everything I own. I'll pick up second figures to open when they go on clearance. I have paid full price for a second figure like the concept Stormtrooper, since I doubt there will be any around when the wave does eventually go on clearance.

I think of it this way, I never know which figures are going to be around at retail just one time, and which will be left warming the pegs, and eventually go on clearance.

tgr3328
01-06-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't just wait around for the clearance sales. I will buy what I want when I find it and if I can afford it.

However, I sure like finding a bargain!

Silent Chazz
01-06-2004, 04:59 PM
bobafrett,
Thats actually opposite for me in a way, lol. I originally bought Obi-Wan (Coruscant Chase) for full price and opened it. This past Tuesday when I found the Clearanced SW figures 2002 Saga, I found Obi-Wan and now have it carded. I'm a little upset because my Opened Obi-wan's Lightsaber is a paint error and the carded one is correct.

fishyfett
01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm the same way with buying my stuff for a full price. It's not that easy to tell which ones are gonna be pegwarmers set for clearance. I get it when I see it. However, since I only buy one figure of each character, I wanna make sure that I get the best my money can buy. For the longest time, I couldn't find a decent carded Deluxe Durge, not to mention he's kinda hard to find in my area for awhile. I've seen some beat up Durges and I'll be damn if I have to pay the retail price for some damaged goods. Now, if its mint or near mint, sure I don't mind. I've even bought slightly dented or creased items if I know for sure it will be hard to find and I really like it. But its even better if its MOC on clearance. Hey, that's just the facts of life. :D

thespar
01-08-2004, 07:23 AM
For the figures i bought on clearance i bought a figrue at full price a differnt store.

jedi master sal
01-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Last night I bought three of the 12inch Leia's w/speederbike.

They were 75% off for a sale of $12.48+tax. I did buy one at the full price, so that one will stay in the box. I bought the other three for a large diorama later and will replace two of the Leia's with one Luke and a Bikerscout.

I'm selling the Leia's for $6 each.

Anyway, that was a tremedous deal and I couldn't pass it up.

Also, I got two 3pack of clones (White) for $5 a set! 50% off whoo-hoo!

Jayspawn
01-08-2004, 10:30 AM
One of my Targets marked their 12" Leia and Speederbikes down to $12.48. Now thats a deal! I might pick it up for that price.

bobafrett
01-08-2004, 02:46 PM
One of my Targets marked their 12" Leia and Speederbikes down to $12.48. Now thats a deal! I might pick it up for that price.

After reading about this, I made a run to my local Target. They had about 10 of these on an endcap, no red markdown stickers anywhere. I checked it under the price scanner........$12.48, so I bought 2 of em. One will be opened to display the Leia, and the second speederbike will be saved if I ever find the 12" biker scout. I also bought one at full price several months ago, so it's staying boxed up.

Ohio Jedi
01-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Well not as good as a deal you might want to check your Walmart's. The two near me have marked down "some" of the Saga figures to $3.00. I picked Aay Vida and Padme wedding. I tried the Imperial Dignitary #2 but he still rang up at $4.77.