PDA

View Full Version : EA's Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup. Anyone else?

jjreason
01-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Okay, so my coworker lent this to me to return the favour of me lending him a bunch of games for PS2. His kids got it for Xmas but have been stuck on Return of the King, so JJ gets a crack. I figured I'd toss it in, have a look, play a couple of games and sit on it until my games get back.

Well about 9 hrs later (should've known, I really do like Harry Potter stuff) I've got the extra difficult level unlocked and am well on my way to winning the world cup with the Nordic Team. I've been having a lot of fun with this game: playing Quid, earning the cards, etc. Anyone else checked this out? I was surprised at how well this was translated from the books/movies into the video game realm.

dustrho
01-07-2004, 09:22 AM
I haven't played this yet, but it is a game that I have been really thinking about renting first (trying it out then possibly buying it). Is it really that good? It looks like it could be a lot of fun, but how does it compare to playing NFL, NBA, NHL games? Is there a season or dynasty mode on the game? The graphics look really good, I love the Harry Potter story, but I'm just afraid I might get bored with this one.

jjreason
01-16-2004, 12:30 AM
There isn't much story there. The only driving hook is collecting the cards, which really motivates me (in any game where that's a feature, sadly enough) to play. The game is fun, but it suffers a little bit from lack of AI. If you can beat the game at the easiest level, all the same types of things work at the hardest level once you catch up to the increased speed. I don't think I'd buy it, but It's definitely worth the rental. Im dying to play head to head with someone else who's put in time on the game, to see if I'm as good as I think I am!!!! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Is it any different than the Quidditch in the other HP games? If it isn't then I'll just wait till POA this summer for GameCube (have the first two on PSone).

jjreason
01-20-2004, 08:39 AM
It's actually pretty advanced - special moves, bludger play, chasing the snitch, you name it. Check it out, a rental won't cost too much.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2004, 07:00 PM
It's actually pretty advanced - special moves, bludger play, chasing the snitch, you name it. Check it out, a rental won't cost too much.
Nice. I may get it soon (I have Enter the Matrix on rental now). I also want to rent the first two regular Harry Potter games for GC, the first two on PSone pretty much blow in comparison to te PS2 version I played at my friend's house.

jjreason
01-21-2004, 01:33 AM
I have earned 96 out of 104 Quidditch cards so far, and will have 98 as soon as I finish up winning the World Cup with England on the "Firebolt" (hardest) difficulty level. Likely time to find a different game to play!!! :D