PDA

View Full Version : Target "glasses" figures - new sculpts or repackaged

JCPZero
01-07-2004, 09:07 PM
I have yet to see the Target exclusive figures with the glasses. To anyone who has them or seen them in person, are these new figures or simply repackaged figures. I personally don't want the glasses or repackaged figures - new sculpts would be OK.

JCPZero

Beast
01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
The search function is a handy thing. Or just looking down the page a few posts. As is the news on the front page. 4 of the 5 figures are nothing new. The Luke: Snowspeeder Gear is made up of a couple other figures. Follow the links. :)

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29866
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22261
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=301747&postcount=28

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

vulcantouch
01-07-2004, 10:53 PM
not sure why our resident knowitall jjb didn't just Answer your quextion, instead sending you on a hyperlink goose-chase, but the short answer is these're apparently just re-packaged sculpts from ye bygoen daes of olde :rolleyes: i understand cuz this is the kind of thing to which i too would prefer the quick, uninvolved answer you clearly sought since, while i similarly procure u.s.-exclusive characters & sculpts for a tokyo pal, i don't wanna spend my Life memorizing all variant-vagary minutiae of 3&3/4 figs (i reserve That level of fanaticism for scifimm ships, thank you very much :cool: ), so no problemo :cheeky:
vt
p.s. to jjb: i trust you don't mind my checking to see if your sense of humor's as. . . Healthy as ever lol ;) :nerv: :dev: :kiss: :silly: :rambo: :ko:

Beast
01-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Why I didn't just answer it, is because people are supposed to look and use the search feature, before posting. Especially when all he had to do was look down a few posts to the thread. And I linked right to the picture, what the figures were, and the thread that was discussing them. To keep the forums from being cluttrered from a ton of threads, about the same thing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

vulcantouch
01-07-2004, 11:38 PM
you mean this ain't the first thred axing this specific quextion? why, i didn't know that (so, do i get to be our resident knowNuthing? :stupid: )! in that case let's hope one of our trusty mods uses that spiffy "merge" function, cuz i too am a believer in minimizing thred redundanduncy :D

Beast
01-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Heh. Don't worry, I know I get a bit snappy. But I know how the admins and such like things kept clean. And since the thread and the post I linked to, answered his question, there was no sense to repost it here. So don't worry. I'm cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar JAr Binks

SirSteve
01-08-2004, 02:21 AM
The Search feature is a very handy thing... ;)

JCPZero
01-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the answers, I did finally find the answer buried in another thread and agree my original post was redundant. Yes I saw the pictures also (which prompted the question in the first place). I am not an expert in the varations as others here are, and wanted more expert analysis if the figures were something new (or repackaged as I suspected.)

JCPZero

Jayspawn
01-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Well anyway, I thing the figures and glasses look cool. I like the vintage-style glasses even though they will be plastic. Cant wait to see what the packaging looks like. The only figure I'm looking forward to is Snowspeeder Luke w/ removable helmet.

TheDarthVader
01-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Oh can't you see? Can't you see? What ol Hasbro has been doin' to me! They took the sail barge cannon from the sail barge Leia deluxe figure and through it in the Skirmish at Carkoon set. Then they took the Leia figure with pike and are throwing it into a glass and calling it a figure. Tricky Hasbro!

SirSteve
01-08-2004, 01:40 PM
I agree... these rehashes are really starting to tick me off...

Kidhuman
01-08-2004, 02:09 PM

Understatemnet of the century so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :dead:

Turbowars
01-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Oh God, Will It Ever End!!!!!!!!!!!!:ermm:

bobafrett
01-10-2004, 11:38 AM

Try rehashed hash browns sometime, blech! I'm thinking the plastic glassware will probably have the figure inside the glass sealed with some plastic. I can't imagine them making an elaborate package for these. I'd also like to know what department these are going to be sold in. I mean other than Toys and Music, I rarely shop the other departments at Target, not that I don't want to, just have very single minded focus when I go shopping.