PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into scary games....Silent Hill 4: The Room info

AmanaMatt
01-10-2004, 09:32 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/461/461798p1.html

This pretty much sums up the upcoming game - this fall. For those into these types, I recommend Silent Hill 2 - which an original story - the original game and it's sequel, Silent Hill 3, hold up real nice. This fourth will be an original story ala part 2.

Unique characters, bad guys, great music and trippy sound effects really get me everytime, and I am not really a gamer.

James Boba Fettfield
01-10-2004, 02:47 PM
I've only seen Silent Hill 3 played, and it really wasn't my thing. The monsters weren't scary, I think it's because of their outraegeous designs, like this giant fat man and these hamburger people with long arms. I think the scariest thing I saw was this nurse.

They are original games, though, and I can understand the being scared thing. Resident Evil always does the same to me.

AmanaMatt
01-11-2004, 04:35 PM
You may want to try Silent Hill 2 (it is an independent story too)- you can get this for $20 in either PS2 or XBOX - shock to say this, but the PS2 actually runs better (I love XBOX, so this is not a rib on it).

As to the monsters in SH3, they are 'out there' - the fat one is not a fan fav, so your instincts seem pretty on. The ones in part 2 are are probably more disturbing then scary, but I live off this stuff, and really just have fun with it....if I ever truly jump at any 'scary' movie or book, I would be amazed in this day and age, though some Dean Koontz books (Phantoms - not the movie) are pretty good.

James Boba Fettfield
01-11-2004, 05:10 PM
I'd really like to give them all a try in order. Playing the third in the series and never really playing the others left me confused, since I really had no idea what Silent Hill was all about. A friend of mine raved about how great 2 was, but I've yet to play it.

Let me finish up on Dragon Warrior 7, then I'll give the previous 2 SH's a shot.

AmanaMatt
01-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes, it is a good one. Personally, I played part 2, then the original - had to warm myself up to this given the older graphics, but after playing two, I had a much better appreciation for the original, which is great - then the third, which is an actual sequel to the first....I am not suprised that checking out the third first kinda lost you. If you go with Part 2 first, you will not have that same problem.

plasticfetish
01-15-2004, 10:23 PM
"Anyone into scary games..."

You know, it's funny, but I've never played any of the Silent Hill games. I've always been really into Resident Evil (just went back the other night to play RE1 on the GC again) so I'm not sure why I've passed on Silent Hill. I've had friends tell me that it's great... maybe I'll have to catch up with 2 and 3 before 4 comes out.

AmanaMatt
01-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Just keep in mind that Silent Hill is more psychological than action oriented - like Resident Evil - there is some action of course, but these games are quite different. I actually bought the original Resident Evil two weeks ago and just could not get past the voice acting.....yet. I will check this out when in the right mood.