PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!!!

Turbowars
01-10-2004, 05:08 PM
TRU's SW section is packed with the old crap that you can get from KB for a buck or 2. Some are from those Saber packs with the bar code sticker removed and some are the ones that were sent back to hasbro. They even have some POTJ figures like Boshek. These are just going to sit and sit until they put them back in the stock room. I spoke to a TRU employee and he told me that TRU wouldn't get anymore toys until after the 20th of this month because of inventory.

jjreason
01-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Mine too. If you need an extra Tusken Mom or Mace Windu - Geo Constipation, TRU's your place. At least you have BoShek, we have 5 Shmi Skywalkers and maybe a Ketwol if we're on top of things. Just ridiculous. Are you guys lucky enough to get to see Deluxe Geonosian and Force-Flipping Obi Wan as well? Talk about good fortune.

BLOW THEM OUT, PEOPLE. NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY THEM AT REGULAR PRICE. YOU'RE WASTING SPACE, AND IN A TOY STORE SPACE IS MONEY. I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT CRAP ANYMORE, I DIDN'T EVEN LIKE IT WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT. BLOW IT OUT NOW.

Sorry.

TheDarthVader
01-10-2004, 09:12 PM
My TRU sucks too. They have hoards of preview figures for a modest $5.99: the droid, Zam, Clone Trooper, Jango. And they have many POTJ Ketwol, Duros, and Bespin Guards. TRU: GET RID OF THE STUPID ITEMS THAT ARE TWO-THREE YEARS OLD! THANK YOU! :mad:

darthzirock
01-11-2004, 02:43 PM
TRU's SW section is packed with the old crap that you can get from KB for a buck or 2. Some are from those Saber packs with the bar code sticker removed and some are the ones that were sent back to hasbro. They even have some POTJ figures like Boshek. These are just going to sit and sit until they put them back in the stock room. I spoke to a TRU employee and he told me that TRU wouldn't get anymore toys until after the 20th of this month because of inventory.

Hey, I only wish my TRU would get a Bo Shek--it's the only POTJ figure I'm still missing! Say, Turbo, I've got an idea: help clear your TRU of those nasty ol' pegwarmers! Buy me a Bo Shek! :greedy:

Turbowars
01-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey, I only wish my TRU would get a Bo Shek--it's the only POTJ figure I'm still missing! Say, Turbo, I've got an idea: help clear your TRU of those nasty ol' pegwarmers! Buy me a Bo Shek! :greedy:Are you serious?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Are you serious?
Hey! I'd like one too!

Sith Lord 0498
01-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised that so many people have such terrible TRUs. I just picked up the new Hoth Luke Skywalker and Kren Blista-Vanee from my TRU tonight. They have most of that new assortment along with the Ultra assortment, Han Solo Unleashed, and some of the Cinema Scenes and Clone Wars lightsabers.

Granted, their pegs are still clogged with Unleashed Wave 2, about 20 POTJ Zuttons (Snaggletooth), and the Solar Sailor Action Fleet, but they've been getting newer inventory slowly but semi-regularly.

thespar
01-11-2004, 09:23 PM
That is odd i picked up three fig at my local tru right after chirstmas iclude padme wedding and say the rerealse han just last week their.

2-1B
01-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Zutton is the only POTJ figure to haunt my nearest TRU . . . and the POTJ Bespin Guard seems to be doing a fine job of security at the nearest K-Mart. :(

fishyfett
01-11-2004, 11:45 PM
"The boys have NO patience." :dis:

My TRU's are kinda seesawing right now between the old and the new stuff. It's just sad to see all the old items not moving anywhere. It's time to send them to Big Lots and McFrugal's so they can still be sold, albeit at a measley price. But sometimes, TRU's happens to have all the new stuff everyone seems to be looking for. They just go quick. Then, it'll be awhile before the next shipment arrives. Meantime, the pegwarmers are still regularly priced. But even if they lower the prices on these, I don't think they'd move any faster. Sad, just sad. Oh well, always in motion is the future. You'll never know which ones will turn out to be pegwarmers. :frus:

darthzirock
01-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Are you serious?

Sure, why not? It'll clear the pegs of a pegwarmer, and get a toy into my hands that I refused to pay outrageous online retailer prices for! Really! So, buy that figure for me! C'mon, you know you want to!

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 11:19 AM
MAn I havent been to a TRU in months. The last time I went there there were 200 Jango Pilots hanging there, and a line of Zutton figures. Think they monopolized on his species or something.

Turbowars
01-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Sure, why not? It'll clear the pegs of a pegwarmer, and get a toy into my hands that I refused to pay outrageous online retailer prices for! Really! So, buy that figure for me! C'mon, you know you want to!Ummm, you know I want to??? OK. Anyways they were gone when I went back.

Darth_Billy_Jack
01-20-2004, 01:02 AM
the TRU's near me are usually pretty good..although one of them has 3 pegs of bespin guards, they usually have some new stuff as well. the wal-mart on the other hand sucks. they have 4 pegs of AOTC figs and 4 pegs of ellors madak , ketwol and bespin guards.... not to mention the Nation Strategic Reserve of Twelve Inch Wattos(NSRTIW). the ellors,ketwols,and bespins are all priced at $5.88 when the AOTC and saga figs are all $4.79. huh? full price on the 12" wattos and padme barbies as well. makes no sense.
if the TRU near you has a bunch of the KB figs with the bar codes removed its probably because some unscrupulous guy(like ME) retured them for store credit. 3 times i dropped about $100 when KB had the 4 packs of AOTC figs for $7.99. unpacked 'em, peeled the barcodes and dumped 'em on unsuspecting walmarts and TRUs in my area. I caught up on all the figs i was missing, and got new eyeglasses (prescription, lenses and frames) at walmart. Thanks KB!! You deserve it for charging $2 more than everyone else for SW figs.
i know im a jerk.
Not many people know that the NSRTIW serves as our nations back up supply of plastic watto likenesses in case of national emergency such as natural disaster or terrorist attack. lets thank wal-mart for donating shelve space which could have been used for saleable items to help maintain our national watto readiness.