PDA

View Full Version : Re-Released Figs

jedi-cpa
01-12-2004, 04:34 PM
I see there is a C-3PO, and R2 and A Darth Vader that I am not completely clear as to where they were first released. THe Vader looks like it could be the comtech vader, the R2 says Tatooine mission, tell me that is R2 w/ holo leia and I'll spit! And the 3po, is that original from the orange card?

Silent Chazz
01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
The Vader is from the MOTDS set, C-3PO is from the MMC collection, and R2 is the POTJ R2 minus the dirty body.

Beast
01-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Anakin Skywalker: Geonosis Hanger Duel (Saga - Hanger Duel)
C-3PO: Death Star Rescue (POTF2 MMC TRU Figure)
Chewbacca: Escape From Hoth (POTJ Millennium Falcon Mechanic)
Darth Maul: Theed Hanger Duel (Masters of the Darkside 2-Pack)
Darth Vader: Death Star Clash (Masters of the Darkside 2-Pack)
Han Solo: Flight to Alderaan (POTF2 Commtech)
Luke Skywalker: Tatooine Encounter (POTF2 Commtech w/ Saber)
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase (Saga - Coruscant Chase)
Princess Leia: Death Star Captive (POTF2 New Likeness Leia)
R2-D2: Tatooine Mission (POTJ Naboo Escape)
StormTrooper: Death Star Chase (POTF2 Commtech)
Yoda: Battle of Geonosis (Saga - Hanger Duel)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21945

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2004, 05:36 PM
However, that R2 seems to be made up of a few different ones. The body is repainted clean Naboo Escape, though the head is shinier than the POTJ. Maybe the TPM Booster Rockets? Not the holo Leia, that had stickers.

Beast
01-12-2004, 05:40 PM
I think the head is the same. It's just shinier looking due to the flash. Or the paint being slightly shinier then the kind used on the original POTJ version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
01-13-2004, 09:49 AM
It makes you wonder why they didn't reissue the R2-D2 WITH the hologram Leia instead. I think that would have made more people happy (me included, since I still don't have one) and kept it from being a peg warmer like Han and Leia have proven to be around here.

C-3PO was a good choice. The Stormtrooper was a good choice, the others I can take or leave. I actually did pick up the 2 Darths since the 2-pack never showed where I was living at the time, but since we've had so many variations of both characters, I can't see them being big sellers with the audience that Hasbro is aiming these at.

jedi-cpa
01-13-2004, 11:26 AM
The C-3PO is which? MMC? I am not getting the acronym.

Kidhuman
01-13-2004, 11:42 AM
The C-3PO is which? MMC? I am not getting the acronym.

Millenium COin?

I hate all these repacks. I understand its for the newer collectors and all, but it takes up room in a case and time from new figures.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Millenium Minted Coin...MMC

jedi-cpa
01-13-2004, 12:36 PM
"I hate all these repacks. I understand its for the newer collectors and all, but it takes up room in a case and time from new figures."

I actually do not mind the repacks, because I don't feel compelled to buy them. And I could certainly use to save the money. But everytime they put out a reculpted farm boy luke, although it frustrates me, I feel compelled to buy.

I am all for the repacks!!! I regard it just like an old school jawa on ROTJ card, I have it, I don't need it again.

Beast
01-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Doesn't take up any room at all in this case. The Hall of Fame series is being shipped outside of the regular figure assortments. That's why it's a case of 12 figures, one of each. Sure, more Stormies per case would be smarter. And the inclusion of the awful Obi-Wan: Corsurant Chase doesn't make much sense. But most of the choices arn't too awful. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
01-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Wow, we are rather spoiled when it comes to SW figures now. Imagine if this were the late 70's - early 80's and we were discussing collecting those SW figures. After SW, all Kenner did was repack figures and produce a handful of new figures.

It's nice to see Hasbro pull a page from Kenner's book for the new collectors out there instead of just producing another Luke or Han. They probably would have their limitations and that would just be something else to complain about.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2004, 10:11 PM
It's nice to see Hasbro pull a page from Kenner's book for the new collectors out there...

Yeah, they must have pulled that page from Chapter 11!!! LOL

Or was that "How to avoid Chapter 11" either way, we will soon find out.

Don't kid yourself, Hasbro isn't doing this for new collectors. The only reason they are doing it is because stores forced them to take all their yet-again-over-produced figures back. Maybe it's better than seeing hoards of these things warming the pegs at TRU for $1.97 for the next 2 years....maybe, then again...

Think about this...8 of the 12 figures shipping in the HOF assortment have shipped in the last 18 months. I have personally seen every single one of those same 8 on the pegs in the last month or two!

tgr3328
01-16-2004, 12:55 PM
If they are going to re-release, why not re-release the figures that many people could not get? How about Sio Bibble, TC-14, Naboo Royal Guard, Death Star Trooper, Ree-Yees, Oola, or Jabba's band members? Droids, especially the astomechs are very popular. And how about Ephant Mon?

B'Omarr Monkey
01-16-2004, 01:07 PM
The Ephant Mon thing has always boggled me. Why do a fan's choice figure at all if you're going to make them impossible for the fans to find? I have yet to find one for under $20.00. On principal, I would like to avoid paying this much for something that should have been readily available for $5.00. This is why I also don't have the R2 with Leia hologram.

The Sio Bibble wave was when my collecting frustration really began. That was the first wave that never seemed to reach any stores. I was living in L.A. at the time, and checked many stores every day. Now, saddly, this seems to be the standard mode of distribution for Hasbro.

I notice that even though I can never find any of the new waves of figures, I have no problem finding these repackaged figures warming the pegs that could be used for an R1-G4. My Toys R Us has not had anything new since the Lott Dod, Teemto Pagalies wave (which is still on the pegs). Heck, they still have a whole peg full of nothing but Zutton, still at the $4.99 price too.

sigh. Excuse my rant. I originally meant to simply agree that some of the scarcer figures like Ephant Mon should be occassionally cycled back into the case assortments like the repackaged figures are.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2004, 01:14 PM
I think the head is the same. It's just shinier looking due to the flash. Or the paint being slightly shinier then the kind used on the original POTJ version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Yeah, I noticed that on closer inspection of the POTJ figure. The new one also has that littl tube thing on his "face" painted black, unlike the old version. I think I'll pass, I didn't get both versions of Hoth Han, throne Room Luke, Elan, or the Scout Biker, so I won't get this one. :)

tgr3328
01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Exactly! Put them on a new card and the carded collectors who got the HTF ones won't be so upset, but the rest of us who never saw a TC-14 or an Ephant Mon when they originally came out can get one.

Devo
01-16-2004, 05:07 PM
The Ephant Mon thing has always boggled me. Why do a fan's choice figure at all if you're going to make them impossible for the fans to find? I have yet to find one for under $20.00. On principal, I would like to avoid paying this much for something that should have been readily available for $5.00. This is why I also don't have the R2 with Leia hologram.

The Sio Bibble wave was when my collecting frustration really began. That was the first wave that never seemed to reach any stores. I was living in L.A. at the time, and checked many stores every day. Now, saddly, this seems to be the standard mode of distribution for Hasbro.

I notice that even though I can never find any of the new waves of figures, I have no problem finding these repackaged figures warming the pegs that could be used for an R1-G4. My Toys R Us has not had anything new since the Lott Dod, Teemto Pagalies wave (which is still on the pegs). Heck, they still have a whole peg full of nothing but Zutton, still at the $4.99 price too.

sigh. Excuse my rant. I originally meant to simply agree that some of the scarcer figures like Ephant Mon should be occassionally cycled back into the case assortments like the repackaged figures are.

Nothing since Teemto pagalies? That doesn't look good. I presume you travel far and wide to other shops or get them online? Also funny you mention peg-fulls of Zutton, a toy shop in Ireland has these in abundance as well. A shop which up until the pagalies wave appeared to be consistent with new stuff and then stopped at that and everythings being sold off cheap-nothing I'd bother buying unfortunately.

I cannot fathom why Obi wan coruscant chase is being rereleased singly on card. Sh*te figure, serious pegwarmer, already rereleased in the jedi 4 pack. why why why why why.

B'Omarr Monkey
01-16-2004, 06:28 PM
I've had some luck at one out of the way (for me) Wal-Mart, since our local Wal-Mart is little better than our TRU. They still have the Clone Trooper Pilot , Jango Fett Pilot, Zam Wessel and a few of the Clone Wars figures. I've also had some good luch at a Target and its nearby TRU, but it's a serious drive for me to get there, so I'm only able to check sporadically.

I'm a bit further behind than I'd like to be, but I've caught up significantly since last summer when I hadn't seen a new figure in almost a year.

sith_killer_99
01-16-2004, 06:55 PM
If they are going to re-release, why not re-release the figures that many people could not get? How about Sio Bibble, TC-14, Naboo Royal Guard, Death Star Trooper, Ree-Yees, Oola, or Jabba's band members? Droids, especially the astomechs are very popular. And how about Ephant Mon?

Death Star Trooper was re-released in mass at Target with the accessory sets that Target ended up clearancing out.

But I agree with re-releasing the HTF figures if they want to give us re-releases.

Let's face it all of the figures listed there are famous....famous for being hard to find!!! LOL

As for the Ephant Mon, my suspicion is that the thing cost sooo much to make that Hasbro only cranked out the bare minimum and we will never see him again. Have you seem the size of this guy?!?!

BTW, Hasbro is only doing this line to get rid of all their junk, just like the "Jedi Warriors" 4 pack from TRU.

jedi-cpa
01-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Ephant mon was probably expensive (relatively) to produce, the margins aren't there, hasbro is more than likely done with him.