PDA

View Full Version : NEW Pics of the NEW Millennium Falcon!

Battle Droid
01-12-2004, 07:04 PM
http://www.action-figure.com/Article10695.html

aceguide
01-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Was anyone quick enough to capture this before it died? Want to post it?

Thanks! :nerv:

Beast
01-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Don't worry Aceguide. The site is back up now. It looks like the server just went down for a while. The New Falcon looks pretty dang cool, actually. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediBoulton
01-13-2004, 05:07 PM
OH GREAT !! lol --

Will we have to get two of these also so we can get both the blue and brown vest variations of "Hoth Han"??? :crazed:

This looks GREAT. I am even happy about the new Leia figure.

I still would like to see the snowtroopers with their white skirts though... :ermm:

aceguide
01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Yes... Pateince is a virtue - and I do not have it.

I like the looks of this set a lot. I never was able to get the priginal release - anyone care to comment on how it compares? I like how the roof comes off so that you can play with the interior. I am also happy to see that Hoth continues to get its props.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-14-2004, 04:53 PM
I don't have the OG Falcon, so I don't know how they exactly compare. I do believe that the older version had a one or two-piece top that came off -- not like this daisy opening scheme. Plus I don't think the first one had an escape pod. I think the box makes the set look great, but the pictures of the set look...eh. I'm not too excited about it cause I know the price will be around $100 and the way it opens seems like it detracts from the playability. Who knows? By the time 2006 rolls around maybe we'll get the RotJ version with Lando and Nien Nunb and they'll get it perfect.

LTBasker
01-14-2004, 07:04 PM
The first one did have an escape pod, but it was like a little tiny thing for one minifig and had an open angled clear canopy. It really looked sad... This is much better. :cool: I can't wait for this to come out, I gotta have this one! Especially since I didn't get the first one...

I think LEGO did a good move, even though LEGO's hair-do isn't accurate to ESB, the bun piece will make it so people can create the Leia from the original Falcon set. :)

LusiferSam
01-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Very cool. I'm not sure I like the flower petals on the roof. What little I could see of the interior look good.
A quick note on the "escape pod." I don't think the first Falcon had one. It looked more like an odd speeder or speederbike.
And I highly doubt that its possible to do a waste cape for Lego mini figures.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-15-2004, 12:21 PM
And I highly doubt that its possible to do a waste cape for Lego mini figures.

I'm sure they could make one up. It would have to have two pegholes to fit between the torso and legs pieces. I'm not sure how they would have to cut it to get it to wrap around instead of being just a butt-flap.

Hmm, maybe I'll make one for my Slave Leia minifig. She looks pretty cold standing next to Jabba with all the other minifigs ogling her. :crazed:

LusiferSam
01-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm sure they could make one up. It would have to have two pegholes to fit between the torso and legs pieces. I'm not sure how they would have to cut it to get it to wrap around instead of being just a butt-flap.

That's my point. And what do you do when you want them to sit, like in the AT-AT?

JediTricks
01-15-2004, 08:17 PM
LuciferSam, Basker is right, that thing on the original Falcon is indeed an escape pod. Sure, it's tiny and not spaceworthy, but that's indeed what it is.

If the first Leia figure doesn't get a skirt piece, why should Snowtroopers? ;)

ManCan, the way the top opens up also means it comes off very easily when you want it to, so you can just set those panels aside.

This set looks good, perhaps a little smaller than the original Falcon set though. I like the way the set opens up, it fixes the lack of cockpit tunnel enough of the way that I can try to complete the job - there's just no way to do this on the original since it doesn't have the tunnel at all. There is a lot of open space at the hull which detracts from realism, but it looks nice and a lot more accurate on the exterior which is a big plus. I can't imagine how they're going to make it stable though, but the interior - even though smaller - has more detail than that first one. I'm definitely asking for this set for my birthday.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-16-2004, 06:18 PM
That's my point. And what do you do when you want them to sit, like in the AT-AT?

Imperial soldiers should never sit! They're on the job 24/7, er, or whatever the planetary time frame is on Hoth. ;)

LusiferSam
01-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Those are some great new pictures. Again I'm not sure I like the flower petals, but the interior keeps looking better. The alternative model is pretty cool looking too. August is a long time to wait, but that should give me time to catch up on my SW Legos. By the way do we have a piece count yet? For some reason that always more important to me then the physical size.

Battle Droid
01-17-2004, 01:39 AM
985 pieces

Mandalorian Candidat
01-17-2004, 02:38 PM
The AT-AT is just over 1K pieces so this would fit in as the $100 set for 2004. BTW, didn't the AT-AT get released mid-2003 right around the same time (August) as the MF will appear?

Mandalorian Candidat
07-31-2004, 10:56 PM
I was at a TRU yesterday in UT and found three on the Lego aisle. All had the new OTC packaging. Pretty cool but I was disappointed to find out that the whole inside is not totally enclosed. After seeing the up close pictures on the box you can clearly see the gaps between the floor and wall pieces. Also, the walls of the ship towards the back are on hinges to make them curve around. It doesn't seem that the ends connect to anything. I don't know if they couldn't put them at the right angle to enclose or they were meant to swing open for easier access inside.

I'm a little disappointed. I still want to get it, but I don't want it to turn out like the AT-AT...a lot of pieces, a lot of money, but a lot of "I wish they did this better."

mastermatt24
08-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I still want to get it, but I don't want it to turn out like the AT-AT... a lot of pieces, a lot of money, but a lot of "I wish they did this better."
I've always wanted one but it's always been in the expenseive side, and I was going to wait for clearence... but stilll no luck. Is it really that bad?

JediTricks
08-05-2004, 07:41 PM
I really like the AT-AT, but the cockpit could definitely use a little more work.

I spotted the Lego OTC Falcon at Target last night, nice looking but I don't have that kind of scratch right now.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I've always wanted one but it's always been in the expenseive side, and I was going to wait for clearence... but stilll no luck. Is it really that bad?

Maybe I sounded too negative in that post. I wanted to say that while the AT-AT looks great (it really does, Lego did great in this regard) there are some structural issues I have a problem with (the cockpit I wish would have held two figures, the sides are really jacked up with how they stay closed, a lot of wasted space inside the body).

I think the MF looks great, but after seeing the box close up I've noticed the gaps between the interior and the circular portion of the body. Plus the curved engine portion is all hinged and the ends don't appear to be anchored to the rest of the body. Maybe it isn't a big deal, but they are features that make me a little leery. The other thing I noticed is that the roof pieces aren't connected using either the hinges found on the Snowspeeder/X-Wing cockpits or the types used on the TIE cockpits. They appear to be only connected by pieces that hook on to those 1x2 tiles with the little bar that hangs of the longest side (if you have Sebulba's podracer from MEP or the Snowspeeder there they are used to connect 2x2 panels). That seems to be flimsy but may be the best option since the geared hinges may wear down over time.

Hey matt, don't let me discourage you from getting the AT-AT. It is a good set. Lego typically puts in nice extra things and the Hoth speeder bike is a cool little extra as well as the two little troop set things in the body. I got my set at Target last XMas during their clearance for $25. A good deal for that price but there's no way I'd get it for $100. Right now that's my dilemma with the MF and Cloud City. Great looking sets but are they worth it for me at that price?

mastermatt24
08-06-2004, 05:05 PM
I got my set at Target last XMas during their clearance for $25. A good deal for that price but there's no way I'd get it for $100.
Really??? Omg.. cant believe I missed that. And im a Target regular too. :(

JediTricks
08-06-2004, 11:09 PM
ManCan, I like that Lego put a lot of space potential into the AT-AT body, even if they didn't use it to its fullest. With Lego, you get to redesign that interior to fit your needs, there's enough room for 2 levels in there at least.

I have to admit, on this new Falcon, I also noticed that the roof panels are only connected with vertical clips, but those clips are fairly strong when paired together.

LusiferSam
08-08-2004, 11:50 AM
I have to admit, on this new Falcon, I also noticed that the roof panels are only connected with vertical clips, but those clips are fairly strong when paired together.
You stole the words right out of my mouth (or keyboard). Its a design feature I've used in my own creations before. It was a way of making up for a lack of finger hinges, which I think Lego should have used for this set.

I was recently in the Lego Imagination Center in the Mall of America. They had a display with the new Falcon (but I didn't see any for sale at that time). I'm more and more impressed with this set all the time. It's deftly a better set than 7190. The display showed it resting on the Cloud City landing pad. It fit, but just barely. But with all that said I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy it because of the mini-figures.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-09-2004, 06:14 PM
You stole the words right out of my mouth (or keyboard). Its a design feature I've used in my own creations before. It was a way of making up for a lack of finger hinges, which I think Lego should have used for this set.

I was recently in the Lego Imagination Center in the Mall of America. They had a display with the new Falcon (but I didn't see any for sale at that time). I'm more and more impressed with this set all the time. It's deftly a better set than 7190. The display showed it resting on the Cloud City landing pad. It fit, but just barely. But with all that said I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy it because of the mini-figures.

It is because they're kind of repetitive (although the Leia is sort of new) or because of the flesh tone? When I get around to buying this puppy I'm going to call Lego Customer Service, complain about the color, and ask for head replacements. The hands will still be pink, but they're not as noticeable.

I'll keep an eye out about those clips. I didn't think they were that strong.

LusiferSam
08-09-2004, 07:51 PM
It is because they're kind of repetitive (although the Leia is sort of new) or because of the flesh tone? When I get around to buying this puppy I'm going to call Lego Customer Service, complain about the color, and ask for head replacements. The hands will still be pink, but they're not as noticeable.
Flesh tone. I hate the fact Lego has done this. Of all the stupid things and bad business decisions they've made in the last 10 years, this has to be the worst. The set looks great and like I say before better than 7190 (the first Lego Falcon).
For me hands are easy to deal with. I've got a lot of spare mini-figures and yellow hand are cheap on bricklink (avg. 5). It's heads I'm worried about getting. Keep us posted if you have any luck getting any yellow heads out of Lego.

I'll keep an eye out about those clips. I didn't think they were that strong.
Although its not the way I would have designed, I think you'll pleasantly surprised.

JediTricks
08-09-2004, 09:30 PM
The clips are held in place not only on top but also from below, they're anchored in with a smooth curved 2x2 (I don't know the technical term, but whenever you have a ship like the AAT where it needs to "float" on the carpet, they use these things) held to a standard 2x1 plate. Since the panels don't weigh very much, I'm quite confident these will stay on for display no problems yet come off easily when you want them to (like any hinged piece though, they're not load-bearing parts, you can't pick the ship up by 'em of course, just like on the 7190 where you can't rely on the top section between the mandibles to hold up).

I also have been hesitant about getting this set, I have the 7190 already so I wouldn't even have space for this, but more importantly those pink heads and hands really bother me a lot. I wish Lego had not done this, it's going to make Ep 3 sets not as compatable with previous sets, but I guess I need to figure out what is most important to me on this new Falcon.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Flesh tone. I hate the fact Lego has done this. Of all the stupid things and bad business decisions they've made in the last 10 years, this has to be the worst. The set looks great and like I say before better than 7190 (the first Lego Falcon).
For me hands are easy to deal with. I've got a lot of spare mini-figures and yellow hand are cheap on bricklink (avg. 5). It's heads I'm worried about getting. Keep us posted if you have any luck getting any yellow heads out of Lego.

I didn't know the hands could come off without being considered broken. My son has a few figs w/o hands and I thought some plastic piece just broke off inside. Do you just yank them out?

Yeah, JT, I know what piece (round 2x2) you're talking about. So it sounds like the panels are secured pretty well and they're not going to flop around or come unhinged easily like other hinge-type pieces.

Seeing how the 7190 is always $100+ on good old ebay I will probably just get the new one and call it good. I have Han, Chewie, Luke (from the old speeder set), tons of 3POs and R2s. I have an extra Leia ANH hairpiece and can use her head from the JP set. My son has an older minifig that looks close to the 7190 Leia body (all white, some black markings tracing out the tunic, hood) so I'd be set for ANH minifigs. If I could find a way to make a hidden floor piece like the 7190 set then I'd be set. The only thing that bugs me about the new one vs the old is that the old is totally enclosed and not the new one. For some reason that sticks in my craw. I know that the neat-o thing about Legos is creativity, but sometimes I don't have that much time and extra pieces to fiddle around with.

Thanks for posting replies in this forum section guys. I hate going on Lego forums cause I'm not as hardcore as many of those collectors are and sometimes I just get sick of the Hasbro garbage and want to focus on Legos for awhile. Cheers.

LusiferSam
08-10-2004, 10:25 AM
I didn't know the hands could come off without being considered broken. My son has a few figs w/o hands and I thought some plastic piece just broke off inside. Do you just yank them out?
Yeah. Hands come off, arms come off, legs come off. Were they meant to? I'm not sure about that. Hands are pretty to yank off. The hand forms a "U. " Don't hold it so your squeezing the "U" together, but the other way. Give a good firm tug and the hand should come out. Arms and legs are harder, but I've never had a reason to pull arms off and I've changed legs around only once.

Thanks for posting replies in this forum section guys. I hate going on Lego forums cause I'm not as hardcore as many of those collectors are and sometimes I just get sick of the Hasbro garbage and want to focus on Legos for awhile. Cheers.
Your very welcome. I'm almost always up for discussing Lego. So if want to talk shop, so did I.

JediTricks
08-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Like the heads, the hands are meant to come off, they are totally modular and even a specific pin size that occurs in other Lego pieces, I believe.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they're not going to flop around or come off, those vertical clips are quite grabby and definitely not the sloppy floppy stuff you'd get with some other hinges.

7190 Leia had no hood, I'd love to find a white hood to go with her.

I do know what you mean about this one being so exposed, but the 7190 actually has an exposed section around most of the rim of the top piece, it's not very big, only 1 plate thick, but it still bugs me. It's also exposed on the 4 separate panels of the top piece and the escape pod piece.

Please come back and enjoy the Lego section, hardcore or your first set, you are always welcome to post your thoughts. It's not busy enough in here right now unfortunately, but I extend to every newcomer the offer to enjoy this section.

LS, the arms and legs are not made to come out over and over, they suffer breakage when you remove them from the torso and waist section, they have little tabs keeping them in place. Once in a while is usually ok, but nowhere near as common as the waist-to-torso, head, and wrists. I too have only had cause to change legs once, for a Batman custom I did (grey legs on blue waist). :D

LusiferSam
08-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Like the heads, the hands are meant to come off, they are totally modular and even a specific pin size that occurs in other Lego pieces, I believe.
I didn't know that. I always figured it was a "design flaw," but a really good one. Do you have an example of the pin size other than the hands? I tried but couldn't think of any.

LS, the arms and legs are not made to come out over and over, they suffer breakage when you remove them from the torso and waist section, they have little tabs keeping them in place. Once in a while is usually ok, but nowhere near as common as the waist-to-torso, head, and wrists. I too have only had cause to change legs once, for a Batman custom I did (grey legs on blue waist). :D
Oh I'm very aware of that. My one experience as a kid (ok early teen) with the legs left me with that realization. In fact I wouldn't recommend any body trying this less there is 100% no way you can do your custom without the change.

JediTricks
08-12-2004, 03:43 PM
The flowers, I think they are that pin size. The holes in the inside of plates under the studs, those are that pin size. I can feel something else like that, possibly bigger even, creeping behind my brain but I'll have to get back to you on it.

jedi master sal
08-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Wow, was my fiancee good to me or what? She took me to target last night and bought me the Falcon. I had only toyed (yes pun intended) around with the idea of getting this set. Once we got home, I spent the next hour just sorting all of the pieces (I do this with every set, it makes it much easier to find specific pieces-am I the only one who does this?). After that I spent about 1 1/2 hrs building. I did something very different this time. I built out of order... I usually build from page one straight on through to the back. this time I felt like building some of the periphial stuff first, like the cockpit, curved pieces between the top and bottom, escape pod and so on. I might be a little bit more of a challenge as I'll have to remember that some of the piecs on the page as the listing of parts for that page were not part of the section I prebuilt. Maybe this wasn't the best one to try this with, but what the heck, I could always, tear it down and rebuild it exact. That's part of the fun of LEGO!

Am I crazy or what for building "out-of turn"?

BTW, mucho thanks to LusiferSam for the bricklink "link". I never knew of this place before now. Problem is I think you've created a monster.......I see ALOT of minifigs and spare parts in my future! Well they do seem to be a lot better in price than eBay.

Thanks again, though my walet and fiancee might not agree...
-Sal

JediTricks
08-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Congrats on the get Sal! You're certainly not the only Lego builder I know that presorts his pieces, but I myself almost never do this, I like sifting through the pile. You're the only person I've heard of that's ever built out of order before though, at least in major ways, I generally don't build the minifigs until the end but that's about it, I'm too linear. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Dang, JMS. If I wasn't already married I'd try to steal your woman! Pretty cool deal.

Personally, I like going in order cause it doesn't matter in the end and I have enough challenges trying to just spot all the pieces for the next step.

It sounds like Lego has gone away from their EP2 innovation of numbering the bags. I hate rummaging through all the bags to find some dinky part, but it does make the anticipation grow.

So 2.5 hours all together to put this thing up? Freak you're fast. It took me something like 5 hours to get my AT-AT up and that's about in the same category of pieces.

Why don't you give us your opinion on the set? I'd be happy to hear it.

jedi master sal
08-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Congrats on the get Sal! You're certainly not the only Lego builder I know that presorts his pieces, but I myself almost never do this, I like sifting through the pile. You're the only person I've heard of that's ever built out of order before though, at least in major ways, I generally don't build the minifigs until the end but that's about it, I'm too linear. :D

It's only been the past few years that I've presorted. It was even easier when the bags were numbered. I go back and forth on when to build the minifigs. Most times I just can't wait and build them first. On the rare occassion I have enough patience to wait until the end. In this case I builthem first and had them positioned like they were watching the Falcon being put together. I even had Han's arm pointing up as if to tell me, "No no, this one goes here, that one goes there!" (Okay so I'm strange) heh heh

Dang, JMS. If I wasn't already married I'd try to steal your woman! Pretty cool deal.

Personally, I like going in order cause it doesn't matter in the end and I have enough challenges trying to just spot all the pieces for the next step.

It sounds like Lego has gone away from their EP2 innovation of numbering the bags. I hate rummaging through all the bags to find some dinky part, but it does make the anticipation grow.

So 2.5 hours all together to put this thing up? Freak you're fast. It took me something like 5 hours to get my AT-AT up and that's about in the same category of pieces.

Why don't you give us your opinion on the set? I'd be happy to hear it.

MC-Over my dead body would you get my lady, heh heh.
Actually it took me 3.5 hours. What I mentioned was on the day I got it. I didn't build the hull until this Saturday, but it took less than an hour and with all of the other stuff built, I just had to snap them on. I was cool, when I was getting close to being done. It was like "SNAP, SNAP, SNAP" and BAMM, there's the Falcon, completed.

I really like this set. Even though you can see through some of the areas, it ROCKS! My fiancee thinks it's smaller than what she thought it would be. I think it's pretty darn close to scale. It of course isn't movie accurate, but what LEGO set is 100% accurate. I don't mind that the bottom is basically flat and that there are four landing gear, instead of three. Better stability that way anyway.

I found it odd that Han and Leia's head were fleshtone. Is this the first set that LEGO has done this with? I think it looks better, but what about all of the other sets now? It would be nice if we could just buy the fleshtone heads from LEGO itself, to replace all of the yellow ones.

Rating1-5 with 5 being the best:
Size: 5 of 5-great scale, evenly proportioned with minifigs
Playability: 5 of 5-this set has alot of things to open up. All of the upper hull "flowers" out so you can play inside. Gunner area could be better but it's made for stability of the upper hull, so I'm cool with that.
Extra's: 4 of 5 A mini escape pod and the Snowtrooper's E-web cannon. The Pod gets in the way if you're trying to view or play with the inside and the cannon is just a little to flimsy, but still they are both cool extras.
Color Accuracy: 4 of 5 Again, you can't be 100% here, but the colors choosen are accurate enough especially for a toy.
Movie Accuracy: 3 of 5 If you're being critical here, there are some serious accuracy problems, but they make up for it in a stable finished model. As mentioned the bottom is flat and there are 4 "legs" instead of 3. The maintainence "holes" on the mandibles (front prongs) are only sticker covered discs. But Again, it's a model built of building bricks, so no need to be too critical. I can remember 20 years ago, we only had square and rectangular bricks to work with, so LEGO has come a LONG way!

Overall Rating: 5 of 5 This is a must have for SW:LEGO enthusiasts. Don't let the daunting amount of pieces hold you back. The instructions are fairly easy to understand. (I only got stuck once and fixed my mistake in about a minute) This is a great representation of the Falcon in LEGO form.

Last comments. If your on the fence about buying this set, ask yourself why. If it's because of the pricetag, I'll say it's worth it. If it's becuase of the amount of pieces, don't worry about it. Take if slow and easy. Rome wasn't built in a day. IMO, every self respecting SW LEGO fan should own this set. And a good deal other SW fans as well.

Are you still here looking at your computer screen? GO GET IT!

-Sal

LusiferSam
08-16-2004, 09:48 PM
It's only been the past few years that I've presorted.
Presorting is the only way go in my opinion. I've been doing for about 12 years or so now. I had a bad experience with the Black Seas Barracuda (6285). It was the last big set I got and then dumped all the pieces on the flood in one big pile. I figure I spend anywhere from half to three quarters of the build time looking for parts. It cuts mindless searching out of the build.

I found it odd that Han and Leia's head were fleshtone.
Well if you've missed my ranting and raving about this, I'll give it to you in a nutshell.

Is this the first set that LEGO has done this with?
No, it the first SW set to have this. The '04 Harry Potter and Spider-Man sets were the first that I know of.

I think it looks better, but what about all of the other sets now? It would be nice if we could just buy the fleshtone heads from LEGO itself, to replace all of the yellow ones.
Older set will stay the same. All new set with mini-figures that are "real people" will be flesh toned. Now for the ranting and raving. I think you need your head check. I think Lego is making the biggest mistake they possible could. The reason I'm thinking about not buying this set is because of the mini-figures color. I'm on the verge of asking people to boycott the flesh toned sets. I'm not sure it would help, but its the best form of protest I have.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the review, JMS. I'm definitely going to get this set, regardless of the flesh toned minifigs. The price is sort of an issue, though. I'm the type of person who feels the need to get a deal on "want" type items so maybe if someone gives a 10% discount like Target, I'd get it in a heartbeat. My other issue is which set to get first, Cloud City or the new MF since both are $100. I have yet to read/hear a good argument about which one is the better deal.

As for the flesh tones I'm really annoyed at Lego for changing cause that's one of their trademarks, IMO. I'm planning on calling up Lego and asking for replacement Han and Leia yellow heads when I do get the MF. Hopefully it's just a passing thing and they'll return to normal.

JediTricks
08-17-2004, 10:11 PM
The numbered bags from the Ep 1 era felt like cheating to me, it made it far too easy for my tastes. The closest I come to sorting my parts is when I open 1 bag away from the other bags' contents, that works till about halfway through the build when I get too sloppy and parts start going everywhere. ;)

I've seen a lot of Lego comics (including the ones in the older SW sets) that had the minifigs building the vehicles in your sets. :D

What is with Lego and their 4 landing legs? On the 7190 there should be 3 and on this new one there should be 5.

This is the first fleshtone SW Lego set.

Thanks for the review. The current reason I'm not sure if I'm getting it is due to price and the fact that I already have the 7190 version and I barely have space just for that. Oh, and the minifig color. ;)

Slicker
08-18-2004, 12:33 PM
The numbered bags from the Ep 1 era felt like cheating to me, it made it far too easy for my tastes. I remember when I first bought this set and the first thing I did was to immediately dump all of the bags contents right into the box and mix them all up. It's the only way to go when you build LEGO. If you want a real challenge build the Tantive IV (totally awesome) or Star Destroyer (I still want to buy it).
I'm still considering buying the Falcon but I figure I already have the original one and it can't be THAT different from it, right?

Mandalorian Candidat
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
I've seen a lot of Lego comics (including the ones in the older SW sets) that had the minifigs building the vehicles in your sets. :D

Definitely a cool little extra. Not a big deal with me, but I like how Lego did the instructions with the first large sets with the comic portion at the end along with the movie snapshots on the top-center of each page. Kind of a nice touch. Plus the packaging was unique from other sets. Now it's like they are homogonizing everything.

JT, if having the numbered bags is cheating then just open them all and dump them all out and mix em up. I get frustrated trying to find one stupid little piece for a half-hour then find out it was accidentally stuck to another piece or turned over to look like a similar part. I prefer the numbered bags, but to each his own. :)

JediTricks
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm still considering buying the Falcon but I figure I already have the original one and it can't be THAT different from it, right?From the detailed pics I've seen, it looks VERY different. I don't think one sigle thing is shared between them except for generic bricks, but like the quad lasers, the hull design, the cockpit, the radar dish, the boarding ramp, the entire interior, it's all a totally different design.

BTW, anybody who dumps out all the parts for the UCS ships is a madman! :crazed: A madman I admire perhaps, but a madman none the lss. ;)

Definitely a cool little extra. Not a big deal with me, but I like how Lego did the instructions with the first large sets with the comic portion at the end along with the movie snapshots on the top-center of each page. Kind of a nice touch. Plus the packaging was unique from other sets. Now it's like they are homogonizing everything. Absolutely agree, those early sets' instructions had real character, I loved looking at the photos at the top and the wordless comics in the back. I hope now that Lego is done with this reorganization of management, they'll find some more flavor again.

JT, if having the numbered bags is cheating then just open them all and dump them all out and mix em up. The bags are like the dark side, it's too seductive. :p

One thing I always do is to stash all the clear bags inside themselves in case I'm missing a piece and it might be still in the bag.

LusiferSam
08-18-2004, 10:17 PM
If you want a real challenge build the Tantive IV (totally awesome) or Star Destroyer (I still want to buy it).
I don't know about hard the Star Destroyer is to put together, but the real hard sets are the large Technic ones. The Space Shuttle (8480) was about an 8 hour build plus trouble shooting. And the Super Car (8880) was a 7 hour build.

I'm still considering buying the Falcon but I figure I already have the original one and it can't be THAT different from it, right?
I'll also add the first Falcon had about 650 pieces, the new is just short of 1,000. The hull on the first one is made of UFO shells, so the design is radically different. But a quick glance at side-by-side photo will tell all you need know about how different they are.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2004, 01:15 AM
I posted this item in the news section, but I'll give you loyal Lego forumites the heads up first. ShopKo stores have all their nonclearance toys on sale through Aug 28 for 25% off. There's also a mailing flyer going around (it's really huge) with a 10% off toy coupon (any toy). One store I went to (Provo, UT) had almost nothing in their toy dept. Another had several items because they were being clearanced.

The good news (well, for me anyways) is that I managed to snag the 4504 MF today for $65.49 with the discounts. If they don't have any sitting out, then go ask one of the stockers to hunt around in the back. They may not stock them on the floor until they reset the aisles for XMas, which is the reason for the sale.

I'll give my two cents once I get around to build this beast.

JediTricks
08-22-2004, 11:54 PM
NICE SAVINGS!!! Dang, at that price, I would have snatched one up myself (though it looks like I'll be getting it for my birthday). Unfortunately, no local ShopKo. Still, that's a slick savings, puts this sucker well into the "worth it" category.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2004, 09:48 AM
NICE SAVINGS!!! Dang, at that price, I would have snatched one up myself (though it looks like I'll be getting it for my birthday). Unfortunately, no local ShopKo. Still, that's a slick savings, puts this sucker well into the "worth it" category.

Yeah, no ShopKo in SoCal. They're not great stores (I had to wait in line almost 15 minutes to pay for my MF that day) but definitely a nice secondary outlet for SW stuff now and then. My wife and I went back to two other local stores, scavenged a whole bunch of flyer coupons and did tons of XMas shopping for our girls. My son was even able to find his Lego World City Helicopter for around $4 which is now becoming scarcer.

So far I've only put the set together up to the part where you put in the landing ramp and the hyperdrive unit with the blue tubes inside the superstructure. It's a neat set to assemble (hell, what set isn't :) ) and so far I like it waaaay better than the AT-AT. Something else kind of funny is that the peach minifig color doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would. Maybe when I get my other figures populating the set it will, though.

Slicker
08-23-2004, 11:31 AM
It's a neat set to assemble (hell, what set isn't :) ) and so far I like it waaaay better than the AT-AT.It's really that good? I loved the AT-AT and thought it was by far the most accurate Star Wars Lego set yet. I usually don't let myself get influenced by others but I'm hearing alot of good comments on this and even though I have the old Lego Falcon I'm probably gonna have to break down and buy this one. Damn you people for making me spend $100.

LusiferSam
08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Damn you people for making me spend $100.
If you don't spend it on this you're just going to waist the money some where else.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2004, 04:44 PM
It's really that good? I loved the AT-AT and thought it was by far the most accurate Star Wars Lego set yet.

I was just inferring that for me, this set so far has been easier to put together in terms of finding the pieces and putting the larger components on the body. The AT-AT may be more accurate, but I'm liking this MF way better.

Damn you people for making me spend $100.

You're welcome! ;)

jedi master sal
08-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Another minor cool thing about this is that when completed, if you can't display it right away, it can go right back in the box without being taken apart. That's something that not every LEGO set can do. Actually you DO have to take off the quad laser cannon and radar dish, but that's it. Pack the box with some plastic bags or packing material of your choosing and you've got it ready to go when you do find the space to display it.

I was lucky that I had mine out of the box on the dining table for a week before my fiancee "asked" me to put it away (meaning store it).

Dang small apartment. It's a two bedroom and still nowhere near enough room to display my collection.

Anyway, back on topic, your welcome Slicker.

Slicker
08-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Another minor cool thing about this is that when completed, if you can't display it right away, it can go right back in the box without being taken apart. That's something that not every LEGO set can do. Actually you DO have to take off the quad laser cannon and radar dish, but that's it. Pack the box with some plastic bags or packing material of your choosing and you've got it ready to go when you do find the space to display it.That is actually a really good thing about some of the Lego sets. Although the Tantive IV us an exception to the rule. There was no way I was gonna get that thing back in the box without breaking it into about 100 seperate pieces so I just had to break it into the main 3 and store it in plastic bags and hope for the best in my storage shed. It was the same thing with the AT-AT, but I think I managed to break it down into like 20 different sections before I could get it all in the box for storage.
This Falcon deal is getting better all the time.

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 10:30 PM
JMS, thanks for the tip, that just solidified my interest in this set. Poor 7190, I fear its days are indeed numbered.

jedi master sal
08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
No problem, JT. Always willing to help out!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2004, 10:19 AM
I finally finished putting this bad boy together and have to say...WOW! It's pretty impressive. Not too big, yet a nice size for a cool playset. I really dig the extras like the ramp lowering/raising feature, the escape pod, the gun turret, and even the little cannon. It really looks good.

There are a few things that bug me though. The flip-open panels don't quite seem to fit when they are all closed. You have to adjust them so they'll all fit where they come together around the turret. The cockpit and cockpit insert are just kind of oddly made. The insert is on one pivot point so it easily can rotate off horizontal. The cockpit fits onto the backing too loose for my liking but it is pretty easy to remove to swap out minifigs. There also isn't a floor hatch to hide the figures like the 7190 set, but since it is an ESB version I can overlook it.

That being said, I'd still get it even knowing these little weak points exist.

I give it a nine out of ten. Really great set, but I wouldn't shell out $100 for it. Maybe $75 at the most.

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 10:03 AM
I was in Wal-Mart today and it was 55 dollars. Needless to say it went on lay-a-way. By the timre I get it out in a few weeks, the price should have dropped a bit more on it. My only issue is where to put it in my place. I have no room to build it. But I couldnt pass it up for that price.

bobafrett
01-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I picked one up for $50 at Wal-Mart, then I found out that one of my co-workers had laced it on the riser for himself, when it was clearanced for $75 waiting for it to drop a little more in price. I beat him to it, and feel no regrets! After all, he didn't put his name on the box.

Kidhuman
01-18-2005, 08:06 PM
First come first serve. Thats why mine went to Lay-a-way. In a few weeks when I get it out, it should be down to 30 bucks.

Kidhuman
01-18-2005, 09:09 PM
AFter reading through this thread, I have to answer Sal.....

Yes I do sort 50 percent of pieces out. I sort them into colors, and shapes. I take all the rods, missles, etc and put them togethr, and the bricks go into colors.

Slicker, did you ever get this set?

Slicker
01-19-2005, 12:35 AM
No such luck yet KH. I've almost given up on it. I haven't even seen it any stores ina couple of weeks I think. I keep seeing that cool display behind the plastic at TRU and it makes me want it more and more each time.

And I think I've stated it before but I rip open all of the little plastic bags and thoroughly mix them up so it makes it an actual challenge. I hated it when they had those couple of years where they would put individual components in the little bags with it's own instructions.

bobafrett
01-19-2005, 10:08 AM
AFter reading through this thread, I have to answer Sal.....

Yes I do sort 50 percent of pieces out. I sort them into colors, and shapes. I take all the rods, missles, etc and put them togethr, and the bricks go into colors.

Slicker, did you ever get this set?

I also sort about 50% of the pieces out on my coffee table by color and shape. The small pieces that can easily roll off or be knocked and lost under the couch, get placed in a tray box, like the one the Falcon came in. It speeds the time looking for one piece or another.

2-1B
02-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I picked up the Falcon today and I will just say that I didn't get it at a discount. :(

Now I have the Falcon, Cloud City, Anakin's Starfighter, and my 2nd Cantina all lined up, waiting to be built. :D

DarthQuack
02-08-2005, 06:43 PM
I picked up the Falcon today and I will just say that I didn't get it at a discount. :(

Now I have the Falcon, Cloud City, Anakin's Starfighter, and my 2nd Cantina all lined up, waiting to be built. :D

Wanna share your paycheck with the rest of us???:D

2-1B
02-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Welllllll, I won some money on an NFL playoff pool so I figured what the hell, I'll throw that money at the Falcon, pay the difference, and pretend I got it on clearance. :D

Kidhuman
02-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Such an active imagination for a young boy.

bobafrett
02-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Welllllll, I won some money on an NFL playoff pool so I figured what the hell, I'll throw that money at the Falcon, pay the difference, and pretend I got it on clearance. :D

Shoot Caesar, I got my Falcon at half off. I still have yet to pick up the cloud city yet though. Oh, and I won a cool $250.00 on the Super Bowl by playing the squares at $10 a square, of which I bought just one square! Nice profit on that! Hmmmm, I may have to order through Lego.com that cloud city set.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Wanna share your paycheck with the rest of us???:D

Hell, after buying all that stuff I'm surprised he's not hitting the rest of us up for some green.

If I had all that stuff to put together and had to do it in one night, it would take me the length of the whole LOTR EE trilogy to do it.

Dude, you're totally gonna love the MF. It such a good looking ship. I'd get some extra seats in it to stick all the passengers around the Dejarik board and set it up next to the cantina.

DarthQuack
02-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone is seeing any Falcon's in any Wal-Mart's at all? I would be willing to give someone a little extra if they had an extra or if they found one at a decent price, PM me if you need more info, thanks.

MQ

Kidhuman
02-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I havent seen any in about 1 month.

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Me either, I saw 'em at $75 3 weeks ago but after that they dried up, my suspicion is they went on layaway, or they were hidden by employees to wait for lower prices.

Slicker
02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
I still see 'em every time I walk into a TRU but they still have these going for $100. Does TRU ever clearance stuff?

Kidhuman
02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
JT, the only thing about hiding them is that the store willchange on Hands to and they go back to regular price.

SLicker, it will take a year or so and they will go down in price.

DarthQuack
02-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Well I spotted two of them at Target, with the wonderful price tag of 98.99, man that made me wanna just grab both of them and NOT PAY for them.:evil:

Mandalorian Candidat
02-14-2005, 09:52 AM
WM: If they're not there, then they're not going to get any more unless someone stumbles on to a hidden stash.

Target: They'll clearance them out, then bring them back for one last high-priced hurrah. The same thing happened with the AT-AT. I found one for $25 (75% off) then a month or so later they were back at full price. They also did this with the Geonosian Fighter and Jedi Starfighter.

TRU: Worst.clearance.ever. If they do go down it will be for a pittance of a clearance. They had tons of hailfire droids for $30 for the longest time, then one day they were all gone. Mine still has some.

KMart: A total crap shoot. They've had stuff stuck at the same clearance price for ages then one day it's down to $1 or something ridiculous. I don't believe they ever even carried the MF.

ShopKo: Also a total crap shoot. They've been known to clearance one set but not another that were released at the same time and in the middle of the year, not at the end like most places. I got my MF there but only because they had a ridiculous Lego sale one week before it was to be released and I "persuaded" a stocker to fish one out of the back room for me.

Kidhuman
02-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Well I spotted two of them at Target, with the wonderful price tag of 98.99, man that made me wanna just grab both of them and NOT PAY for them.:evil:

Isaw 3 at Traget full price today as well.

Major Karr
02-15-2005, 07:16 AM
You might try Suncoast Movies...I have seen them 25% off (of $99.99) there in the last week.

bobafrett
02-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Me either, I saw 'em at $75 3 weeks ago but after that they dried up, my suspicion is they went on layaway, or they were hidden by employees to wait for lower prices.

The last one we had at my Wal-Mart was marked down to $75, and another employee had placed it on the riser since it wasn't on the mod anymore. I found it, and took it over to the clearance aisle where the toy department manager marked it down to $50, so I bought it. The employee who hid it, found out that I had bought it, and started giving me a hard time. I didn't see his name on the box, and it wasn't out of any customers reach. I win!

Slicker
02-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Yet another classic case of stickin' it to the man. Ya gotta love it.:)

Kidhuman
03-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Well, I picked up my Falcon offlay-a-way today. Great news is the price dropped to25 bucks. :D

Ji'dai
03-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Geez... way to work that layaway! I may have to start doing that with potential clearance items at year end.

moulman
03-05-2005, 09:24 PM
got one for 45 dollars a few days ago at my WM

DarthQuack
03-06-2005, 09:01 PM
DQ is starting to get upset......:mad:

JediTricks
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
A buddy of mine got one for $10, I am mega jealous.

Kidhuman
03-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Me too, I thought I got the best for 25 bucks, now I got topped. :beard:

moulman
03-08-2005, 02:54 PM

wow-makes my deal look like nothing....

JediTricks
03-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah, but I don't have one at all, so it evens out. :D

Kidhuman
03-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, but I don't have one at all, so it evens out. :D

Makes me feel better... :beard: :p

Mandalorian Candidat
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Did you see the receipt or are you going on blind faith? For a $10 boast I gotta have documentation. ;)

DarthQuack
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I just want one at some kind of discount. :cry:

Kidhuman
03-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I just want one at some kind of discount. :cry:

Go for the 5 finger discount....:beard:

DarthQuack
03-10-2005, 12:52 AM
I would in a heartbeat if I didn't have a conscience. Of course I could open the box and take everything out and just buy a 50 gallon container and put it in there with the top and "buy" it that way. :D

JediTricks
03-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Did you see the receipt or are you going on blind faith? For a $10 boast I gotta have documentation. ;)
I have known the guy for a while, he's a solid source.

JediTricks
09-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Well, here it is just after my birthday and I ended up getting the OTC Falcon from my grandparents, and I built it the next day (Monday). The Falcon is very nice and bigger than I thought, it's actually slightly bigger than the original LEGO version. The outer body looks far better than I ever expected - though the oversized and slightly-too-far-forward cockpit are a little off - this is one view that works best in person, yet it's always displayed open when I saw it at retailers and such; the mandibles are smaller than the previous version's but are actually more in scale than the old version. I really hated the big round sticker on the gunner station roof on top, I ended up putting it on slightly askew, but the other stickers were much easier (I didn't end up using the "Hyper Drive" sticker though). I made only a couple changes so far, I reversed the way the quad guns clip on so that they could point forward and be in a more realistic alignment with the central core, and I swapped the bording ramp arm from the front to back sides so that when people use the ramp, it exits into the forward hold rather than the engine room - I love the bording ramp gimmick, very clever and simple. Oh, and I made a change to the cockpit too, the canopy was too heavy and coming off easily so I swapped the vented plates on either side with the middle 2 half-stud plates under where the "hyperdrive" name plate went, the cockpit stays on better and the vents look more interesting on the engine... oh yeah, the engine, the big blue flexi-tube for the engine was too long so I cut it down by 3 rings to fit it nicely. And like the original Falcon, I changed the pattern of the landing legs from 4 to 3 (though I haven't added the 2 smaller extra legs from ESB yet). The peach figures weren't as bad as I expected, and I got a Snowtrooper chest instead of the Clonetrooper chest earlier versions were shipping with. Leia's wig is the ANH one which I think is a mistake, they should have included the Padme TPM wig which is more accurate to Leia's hair shape in this outfit in ESB.

All in all, I'm very glad I got in on this one before it disappeared, it's not the most solid and it is open to space, but it looks great and far more accurate and creative than the original which used big UFO plates for the main hull. The exterior details also include the right shapes for the cockpit tunnel and the tunnels leading to the side bording hatches, as well as the right shapes between the mandibles, it's just all around better.

Kidhuman
09-01-2005, 11:07 PM
I still havent put mine together. Had it for about 9 months now.

Slicker
09-02-2005, 02:27 AM
I'd be willing to take it off yer hands there KH. Whatdya say?:bandit:

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Thats a negative, I am gonna put it together one day along with the 8 other sets I havent put together.

Ji'dai
09-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Man, yer getting as bad as I am about putting sets together. I've got sets I bought five, six years ago I haven't built yet, including a few Episode I sets I just can't stomach to build.

I bought some MISB out-of-production sets in the late 90s I've never built either, some of which date to the 1980s.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Man, yer getting as bad as I am about putting sets together. I've got sets I bought five, six years ago I haven't built yet, including a few Episode I sets I just can't stomach to build.

I bought some MISB out-of-production sets in the late 90s I've never built either, some of which date to the 1980s.

:thumbsup: Yeah, me too. I still have my AT-TE in the box with a bunch of EP1 era sets. I still have to put together my Wookie Attack EP3 set as well.

That MF is pretty nice, isn't it JT. Just wait until you have kids...they'll love dismantling it more than you putting it together. :twisted:

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
The thing is I dont have enough room to dispaly the large stuff. I put together some of the smaller sets because its easier to make room for those. I feel better to leave them sealed up then to lose the pieces on them.

JediTricks
09-03-2005, 03:36 AM
This is one of those things I don't get. You could throw it together and then take it back apart and reseal/rebag the sets if you had no room for it (though I can't imagine taking sets like the AT-AT or Falcon apart, they're too awesome). The only sets I have which I haven't built are duplicate sets that I intend on building into that model rather than parting out, I have 3 or 4 of those.

So KH, what are the other 8 sets awaiting building fun?

See Man Can, that's what corporal punishment is for.:whip:
;) I know me, I would go ape if that happened, then calm down and start building it all over again. Good thing I don't have kids. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
09-03-2005, 10:22 AM
A few years ago I cracked open hundreds of sets, collapsed the boxes, and put the unopened polybags into zip-lock bags to save on storage space.

Out of my SW collection, I've never built the Mos Espa Pod Race, Pod Racing Bucket, MTT, Watto's Junkyard, Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, UCS Yoda, and Darth Maul bust.

Kidhuman
09-03-2005, 10:57 AM
So KH, what are the other 8 sets awaiting building fun?

Its the Falcon
2 Dago/Wing sets
Ewok Attack
Final Duel(with the emperor)
Snowspeeder
and a couple of other ones.

When I move into my place in a few weeks I might stick one or two of these together.

LusiferSam
09-03-2005, 12:02 PM

Oh man, I couldn't do that. When I get a new set (new to me) I'll drop everything else I'm doing to put it together. Want to screw with me went I'm real busy? Get give me a new Lego set. My birthday and Xmas are often marathon building sessions that leave my fingers hurting.

Slicker
09-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh man, I couldn't do that. When I get a new set (new to me) I'll drop everything else I'm doing to put it together. Want to screw with me went I'm real busy? Get give me a new Lego set. My birthday and Xmas are often marathon building sessions that leave my fingers hurting.I'm the exact same way Lusifer. I won't even buy a new set until I have a free day. As soon as I get home from the store I get everything set up, get a pop, and put in one of the movies. I make a date out of it and I love every minute of it. I still have several large sets that I really want (Star Destroyer, AT-TE, Turbo Tank) and I'm looking forward to getting them and making a day out of it.

2-1B
09-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I've got ten sets to build yet, all 6 of the ROTS sets I bought and also my Cloud City set. And 3 extra Cantina sets.

JediTricks
09-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Ji'dai, sounds like a wild collection. I have some of those sets, the Gungan Sub is fun but kinda fragile and takes up a lot of space. The Mos Espa Podrace is a lot of little weird stuff but can be fun if you're into podracers, the whole thing is not impressive as a set but you do get 3 nifty podracers. The Sith Infiltrator is kinda interesting but I'd call it a dud overall. My favorite of your unbuilts is the MTT though, that set kicks arse, it's very solid, lots of interior playspace, plenty of battledroids, several opening doors and gimmicks, so make sure to check it out when you get the chance.

KH, of that list, I'd definitely throw the Dagobah X-wing together if you don't already have another one built, that set is awesome. I like the new snowspeeder too, but I'm a sucker for that vehicle. So, were these clearance items you picked up?

Slicker
09-05-2005, 12:07 AM
For KH I know several if not all of them were clearance items. I too got the Dago/Wing set on clearance for I believe $25.

I totally agree with you JT on the MTT. I love the addition of the battle droid rack that comes out the front lots of battle droids for those army builders.

Kidhuman
09-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Yeah they were all clearance except the Ewok Attack wich I got on ebay for 9 bucks plus shipping.

bobafrett
09-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I also have some sets that I haven't put together, like the Naboo starfighter, I have the nice one with the chrome parts put together, just not the cheaper one, also the Wookie Catamaran which I picked up for half off. Main reason, same as someone else, I believe Kidhuman mentioned, not enough room to display it. I got finished building the Turbo tank the other night, and it is sitting on my coffee table.

I think I may have mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I have both the Falcons, and I must say I do like the newer one much better. :yes:

DarthQuack
09-05-2005, 08:17 PM
I remember I picked up 3 Cantina's for 15 a piece and 3 Dag X-Wings for 13 bucks a piece at WM when they were getting clearanced....I'm just crossing my fingers for the same thing to happen for ROTS....still want a falcon though :(

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 03:08 AM
The '99 Naboo Fighter is a miserable piece of junk IMO, not worth building.

Slicker
09-06-2005, 03:59 AM
The '99 Naboo Fighter is a miserable piece of junk IMO, not worth building.Total agreeance JT. Probably one of the worst if not THE worst Episode I set.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-06-2005, 07:56 PM
The '99 Naboo Fighter is a miserable piece of junk IMO, not worth building.

Day-um, JT. What a playa hater! ;) I love the 99 NF. It's a sweet little set from back when Lego would throw in those cool extras like the Battle Droid Zamboni.

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 10:30 PM
But that thing isn't even a really anything, they can't ride on it, it's not stairs, what is it? Just a few extra pieces to bump up the piece count to get it to $20 I bet. They still include little things, the upcoming B-wing comes with a stand even.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2005, 11:50 PM
If they haven't all been swiped by the Lego Bandit, the MF set may be on sale at Target on Black Friday for $50.

http://www.bf2005.net/target.html