PDA

View Full Version : Saga Accessory Sets

DarkArtist
01-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Was wondering what ever happened to the second set of accessory sets that were to follow the arena conflict,endor victory,hoth attack, and death star. Last I heard they were a jabba's palace set with gamorrean guard, yavin rebel hanger with technician, bespin freeze chamber with bespin guard and a rumored episode I set with a new pod racer.
If anyone has any info please pass on. Still interested in these rumored sets. Thought the first ones were cool. :)

Turbowars
01-12-2004, 10:02 PM
There hasn't been info on those for awhile. I think the word was that target didn't do well with the last sets. It never fails, the cheesier sets get released 1st and then the cool stuff gets rejected, just like the Cantina Bar sets.

Beast
01-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Series II appears to have been cancelled, or atleast permanently on hold. Since the Series I sets didn't sell that well. The much better Series II and Series III sets probably are never coming out. It's a shame too, cause I was hoping for the CZ-3. :(

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19557
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16934
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16411

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-13-2004, 11:19 AM
That sucks, i thought the last sets were okay, with the Scout Trooper, Death Star Trooper, Hoth Rebel Soldier and Battle Droid. It was a way for some people to pick up a hard to find figure (DS Trooper) at a cheaper price than the ebay market price. Hopefully Target will reverse its position and bring these new ones in.

Kidhuman
01-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Maybe Wal-Mart should pick these up, and Target should take the Cantina sets. Or SirSTeve should pick em up and give us all a late X-mas gift. :crazed:

DarkArtist
01-15-2004, 10:44 AM
The problem is just that Stores Exclusives :evil:
How many times are people going to drive to these stores day after day to hunt down a store exclusives only to get there and find the is either sold out or worse has no clue as to what you are talking about. I was in Target of Milltown NJ the other day and was asking the toy dept manager if there were any more of the 12" Leia and speeder sets to which he just basically drooled and had no idea that his store even sold them. I also asked about the Brger King Glasses to which again he drooled and finally was like we don't carry Star Wars. :dead:
Hasbro needs to stop with these lame store exclusives and just open a website for collectors like I have previously mentioned in which all there exclusives can be online and fans from around the world can simply click and order the different exclusives. :frus:
This is also a way for Hasbro to stop cancelling good ideas because of lack of interest. Instead it can ask the fans, just like the fan's choice figures, what we are looking for and produce the desired product. I for one have not been to pleased lately with the pickings of the exclusives. TIE Bomber 2 in general, I was able to find one of the originals and then here comes Walmart yet again with a new batle damaged version for less than the original? :evil: This would have been a prime oppurtunity for Walmart to release perhaps a new Darth Vader TIE Fighter with the Battle Damaged wing or even a brand new ship.
Hasbro wake up before you lose more fans.

Lman316
01-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I like(d) the last sets too. Only problem was what DarkArtist already mentioned. I don't have a Target in this area; closest one's about 2 hours out. I did manage to get a couple of them when my parents went out of town, but they didn't have the Endor set (but I guess I can't complain. 3 out of 4 ain't bad).

I definitely (let me emphasize: definitely) would have bought more of these. I needed more of each of those characters, except maybe for the Hoth Trooper. But even in that case, I would have bought one more. I needed more Battle Droids, and I really needed Death Star Troopers. I only ever had one of the single carded one and I had to pay upwards of $12 or such for it, anyway.

Hasbro seemingly dropped the ball again. These are things I would have purchased if they had only been available in my area.

End...

sith_killer_99
01-15-2004, 11:45 AM
I agree that store exclusives can be a pain, but:

1. It is the only way we will see some of these figures (again).

2. These sets warmed pegs at almost every Target around...as did the Cantina sets. We still have Cantina sets warming pegs near me ($7.00 clearance :rolleyes: at that price they'll never move).

3. Trading seems to be the best bet for getting exclusives if you don't live near one of the stores that carries the exclusive. I lived in Hawaii without a Target for 4 years (1997-2001) and got messed over on the Target Exclusives, but at least they were produced and I managed to trade for 'em later on.

4. When a store has to clearance out an item we all pay in terms of not getting more latter on.

I agree that on-line exclusives would be the best way to go, but then you have to deal with "Mine was sooo messed up when it arrived!" stories. No matter what someone always gets the short end of things.

LTBasker
01-15-2004, 03:09 PM
You know...it probably wouldn't of been as bad if they put them online. Some people who couldn't get to Wal-Marts probably had to order online, but if they had put them on their site then it would've given them the business. Same thing with Target and the accessory packs. The stores that get some of the best lowest priced exclusive are usually the worst to handle them, ya know it? At least with KB, TRU and even FAO they put their exclusives ONLINE.

TheDarthVader
01-15-2004, 05:55 PM
I agree with everyone who said "Put the items online." This Hasbro situation is ridiculous. Don't make the products if you aren't going to distribute them. That is why they loose money. They are focusing too much on the Macro aspects of economics that they are loosing the small profits. Hasbro needs to stop focusing on the "maximum" profits and go back to the basics of economics. They can make money if they just get with the program!

OC47150
01-16-2004, 02:46 PM
I hadn't heard or read where the sets were cancelled. The last I read was that the packaging was being redesigned but that was last summer.

Yeah, I was looking forward to the Yavin set myself.

I picked up several of the originals on clearance. Cheapest I bought one for was about $5.