PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite Jedi Council Mmember?

SaeseeTiin
08-19-2001, 03:16 AM
Whoose everyone's favourite Jedi Council Member in the Phantom Menace? As you should be able to tell from my name, my favourite is Saesee Tiin. He is just so cool, with those long horns, and that haunting face. Also, (as seen in Acts of War), he has a purple lightsaber, which is the rarest colour (I know of only two other Jedi with that colour up to TPM). And, he is a brilliant fighter, as we may see in AOTC!!!
I also like Even Piell and Oppo Rancisis, but nowhere near as much. What about everyone else?

Obi-Don
08-19-2001, 05:27 AM
I have a hard time choosing between Tiin and Ki-adi-mundi[spelling?]

TeeEye7
08-19-2001, 07:35 AM
Being an old guy myself, I would have to say Yoda is my favorite! :D

humsup
08-19-2001, 08:03 AM
Yoda, definitely. And Mace Windu came a close 2nd :)

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 08:11 AM
Yarael Poof, he's got 4 arms, a long head, and he studies the situation carefully, instead of simply saying "oh, he's too old" or "no way this kid is gettin' in my house!"

I simply hate Oppo Rancis though, that thing has no place in any SW film.

Eternal Padawan
08-19-2001, 09:00 AM
Plo Koon is my fave. With those custom jobby Sunglasses, he just out-cools Mace "Sammy Jackson" Windu.

Least fave is Even Piell who is an ugly pink Yoda rip-off who fell on his or her own lightsaber and is too proud/stupid to jump in a bacta tank to fix it.

Griff
08-19-2001, 11:07 AM
I like Plo Koon too. I never really did like him until I played Jedi Power Battles for the Playstation.

james the hutt
08-19-2001, 11:42 AM
Adi Galla. She's kinda cute. ;)

Huckleberry Josh
08-19-2001, 01:10 PM
I can't decide yet . I haven't seen any of them fight yet . But I do have to say , Plo Koon is awesome on Jedi Power Battles .

Fulit
08-19-2001, 01:55 PM
Without a doubt, Plo Koon. He's cool in Jedi Power Battles and he has some of the most impressive Force abilities (see his Jedi Force File) IMO.

2-1B
08-19-2001, 02:02 PM
I liked Andy Dick's performance as Ki-Adi-Mundi from those MTv awards a few years ago ! ! !

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 02:39 PM
Based solely on looks, which is all Ep1 left us to go on, I'd have to say Plo Koon.

When we get to see them all in action I'll probably have a more educated opinion.

SaeseeTiin
08-19-2001, 02:54 PM
In Jedi Power Battles, I think Adi Gallia is the coolest fighting wise, and is my favourite Jedi to be. How she uses her lightsaber back-hand is just so cool.
But... I must say Saesee Tiin is still the coolest.
Also, Micah Giett who was a member in the graphic novel 'Acts of War', and was replaced by Ki-Adi-Mundi, was the coolest by far. How he used two lightsabers was cool, and he was very humourus as well. But, I didn't like how he was killed, I believe he could have easily defended that laser! What does everyone else think?
Finally, did anyone else think, in Acts of War, Master Lillet Twoseas was drop-dead gorgess? And then she got killed when she saved her Padawan!!!! I almost cried!! :(
So, what about everyone else think on these issues?

Fulit
08-19-2001, 06:02 PM
Hey did you ever notice not only is Adi Gallia the only Jedi so far to hold her saber upside down, she's the only one packaged that way on the action figure? I remember I posted something about this a few months ago, and all the talk about Adi made me think of it.

the master jedi
08-19-2001, 06:41 PM
Yoda is, by far, my favorite Jedi Council Member and favorite character in any of the movies.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 09:37 AM
I have to exlude Yoda, because Yoda is my favorite character in all the Star Wars movies. Other than yoda, I would have to say, for some reason, Yareal Poof.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2001, 11:11 AM
Adi is a hottie...

Plo is fierce looking...

...but no one can compare to my boy YODIE! ;)

Eternal Padawan
08-20-2001, 11:15 AM
So Plo Koon is the coolest and Even Piell is the lamest. Who is in between?

I think Yareal Poof is second on my list. He has four arms and would look cool in a battle scene. Second lamest is Oppo Rancicis who was actually a janitor ( he would use himself as a dust mop) and was accidentally appointed to the council by mistake. What a lame..furry...thing.

Third coolest is Adi Gallia cause she looks cool. Third lamest is Depa Billoba because frankly, shes just a hindu. Not very exciting Jedi-wise.

Stuck in the middle are SaeseeTiin , Ki Adi Mundi, and Eeth Koth who while not being of the lame variety are just guys in bad make-up and are one step away from being Star Trek villian species.

Yaddle ranks as slightly less lame than the three lame-os because she is the same species as Yoda, but ranks as more lame than Saesee and the others because being a chick yoda is unoriginal.

Yoda and Mace were not coinsidered because they are honorary cool and can't be compared to the non-speaking JCM's.

master jedi
08-20-2001, 01:12 PM
I think after we see yoda fight in the next movies we'll all be big Yoda fans.

Jargo
08-20-2001, 08:28 PM
Yoda, Yaddle = little green froggies.
Even Piell = small pink froggy
Plo Koon = big squished froggy
Oppo Rancisis = hairy froggy minder
Saesee Tiin = bull froggy (it's a horn thing...)
Eeth Koth = horn toad froggy
Ki - Adi Mundi = road kill froggy

Which leaves the humans who don't count cuz human jedi are dull with a capital boring.

Plo Koon would be my favourite out of this new lot. I like how he's mysterious looking behind his face mask. And the fact that he looks like his head is made of his intestines. Think all the EU nonsense on the jedi sucks though. They are after all just a bunch of pseudo religious zealots with bad attitude when put under stress. Like anyone would get away with using a weapon with a huge blade to sort out quibbles and fights in the real world? I think GL shows kids a bad example with all his films being so violent. They send out a message that it's okay to kill and dismember and disfigure people you don't like or just to win an argument. It's sheer madness and lunacy I tell you! :rolleyes:

GNT
08-21-2001, 03:51 AM
Plo Koon

Because he kicks serious *****, He has a very nice looking Mask,Cool lightsaber and is just cool as hell!

El Chuxter
08-21-2001, 01:57 PM
Though the Sassy One (http://fan.starwars.com/sassy10) is rather cool for being the Bringer of Sass to the Force, I'm gonna have to go with Ki-Adi. Though I first thought he was a pathetic Conehead rip-off, he's the only one (discounting Yoda) to be characterized well outside of the films, and I like the character.

Oppo Rancisis is a piece of crap. I think Sassy's nickname for him, "Goatboy," is too good for him.

Yoda, as a council member, I can't stand. This is not the Classic Trilogy gnome we know and love. It's a pompous jerk with the same name as and a slight resemblance to Yoda. I wanted to drop kick Yoda in TPM, and I never felt that way watching ESB or ROTJ.

yukface27
08-23-2001, 01:01 AM
Yoda than Mace. Two bad mama-jamas.

El Chuxter
08-23-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by yukface27
Yoda than Mace. Two bad mama-jamas.

Shut yo' mouth!

But I'm just talkin' 'bout Mace.

Then we can dig it. ;)

NiktosRule
09-02-2001, 06:59 PM
Whats everyone got against Oppo Rancisis? He he is a wookie looking guy with weird things for legs or something like that. Here is how I rate the council members excluding Yoda:

1. Plo Koon (the ultimate bad *** he will be)
2. Saesee Tiin (looks like slightly less of a bad ***)
3. Oppo Rancisis (he just looks freakishly cool to me)
4. Adi Gallia (is kinda hot)
5. Mace Windu (too plain looking)
6. Yarael Poof (you gotta love the facial expressions he makes in the movies)
7. Ki-Adi-Mundi (sounds lame to me)
8. Even Piell (looks to much like a Yoda)
9. Depa Billaba (too plain and stupid looking)
10. Eeth Koth (looks stupid and weak)
11. Yaddle (a female Yoda is so unoriginal plus she looks stupid)

Lobito
09-27-2001, 11:04 AM
Just YODA!!:cool:

JediCole
09-27-2001, 03:13 PM
At least two have said "A female Yoda is unoriginal". Correct me if I'm wrong but would it not stand to reason that there would be females of Yoda's race, and that some might also be Jedi? Is it any more unoriginal than Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Mace all being HUMAN? Talk about unoriginal. Humans! Wow! I never would have thought of that! Must have taken the boys at the Ranch a fortnight to come up with that design! It would be interesting to see the early design sketches and maquettes for those wildly original "human" characters!
You get the point.

Now, as to my favorites, I have to exclude those with speaking roles (Yoda, Mace, and Ki-Adi Mundi) as all are cool in their own right, but got the benefit of talking. As for the rest I'm torn between Plo Koon and Yareel Poof. I have a certain fondness for the Jurassic Giraffe Jedi, so I will probably have to defer to that preference.

Yareel Poof it is. Funny name, great Jedi!

Finally Oppo Rancisis is getting a lot of bad press here. It would really be ironic if for some inexplicable reason he was chosen as the breakaway character from the Council for EII and had all the best fight scenes. Boy, then we'd all feel like chumps! Except Niktos Rule, Oppo's staunchest defender!

GNT
09-28-2001, 01:56 AM
Oppo Rancisis is ugly!phew! NMo w Plo Koon is the man,well not really but his the best :)

ThomasLane
10-03-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Shut yo' mouth!

But I'm just talkin' 'bout Mace.

Then we can dig it. ;)

Yeah Shaft!... er... Mace!

GNT
10-04-2001, 10:30 AM
I think there all cool and have there own good parts about them,except for Oppo Rancisis who is ugly :)

JediTricks
10-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Hmm, I think I might change my vote to Plo Koon if he does anything as cool as this (http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/plo-maul/) in Ep 2. ;)

Poor Oppo, seems like almost everybody agrees he's the worst thing in the room. :D

Jargo
10-05-2001, 04:29 PM
That's a nice thing to do to Darth Mollusc :) In his eye sockets? JT you got a sick mind! :p I cut open my Plo robe too What a waste of a good figure underneath to keep it wrapped up in chocoplast. Free Plo! Free Plo! Free Plo!.........

Rollo Tomassi
10-06-2001, 08:40 AM
FREE PLO!! FREE PLO!! FREE PLO!! (and free Saesee while you're at it...)

And Even Piell is way lamer than Oppo..well, not way lamer, but Even gets a gold medal in the Jedi lame-lypics and Oppo settles for silver...

JediTricks
10-06-2001, 10:35 AM
Yeah buddy, right in his freaky orange eyes! I wish I was brave enough to do 2nd version of this set with Plo's saber just under his other arm which is holding just Maul's head and a lifeless body at his feet. ;)

Rollo, is "lame" the same as "the worst character in the room"? ;)

Rollo Tomassi
10-07-2001, 01:00 AM
Yes. Even Piell is the ickiest character in the room, followed closely by "goatboy"