PDA

View Full Version : Is the Animated CW Series 2nd half going to get any Toys?

Val Da Car
01-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I am wondering about this out loud or will the first three waves get rehashed?

any rumors or hypothesis?

Beast
01-13-2004, 06:01 PM
I haven't heard anything. Other then Wave 2 of the Animated Clone Wars figures. We'll have to wait and see at Toy Fair in Febuary. Or Hasbro's private show, a bit later then that. As well as the Clone Wars basic figures did, they should do a few more. But who knows. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2004, 06:08 PM
(raises hand)

Yeah, i'd uh, like to cast my vote for an "Obi-Wan in stormtrooper" gear for any future waves of CW figures, if i may.

Preferrably with a soft goods cloak too; that would be delightful.

thank you for your time. :D

jedi master sal
01-13-2004, 06:24 PM
So far the list of Animated Clone Wars Figures is thus:

Anakin
Obi-wan
Mace
Asaaj Ventress

DURGE
YODA!!!
Clonetrooper
Dooku!

I knew they'd make more than just the first four. I suspect they'll have a few more to release later.

My suspicions lead towards:
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto
Arc Troopers (Red and Blue)
Battle Droids
Super Battle Droids
Quarren soldiers
San Hill (Banking Clan leader)
Just to name a few. I'm hoping for all of those and a few more like:
Sidious
Chancellor Palpatine (gotta love the "rainbows" under his eyes)
Luminara
Barris
Shaak Ti
Well I could go on and on. Let's just say every character in the cartoon series. It's not TOO many and besides we're getting 10 more chapters next spring so the demand should still be there for these figures.

Beast
01-13-2004, 06:32 PM
I definatly concur with the Obi-Wan in Clonetrooper armor. But in the movie character style. Not a huge fan of the animated figures. Especially their price. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
01-13-2004, 06:45 PM
I vote more a lot more of these. This animated style evoked a wide-eyed "Cool!" from my 7 year old and I'm in agreement. They bring that fun back to the collecting hobby. If all the figures ever made had been done in this style, I wouldn't have complained one bit.

Keep 'em comin' Hasbro! :cool:

bobafrett
01-13-2004, 09:40 PM
So far the list of Animated Clone Wars Figures is thus:

Anakin
Obi-wan
Mace
Asaaj Ventress

DURGE
YODA!!!
Clonetrooper
Dooku!

I knew they'd make more than just the first four. I suspect they'll have a few more to release later.

My suspicions lead towards:
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto
Arc Troopers (Red and Blue)
Battle Droids
Super Battle Droids
Quarren soldiers
San Hill (Banking Clan leader)
Just to name a few. I'm hoping for all of those and a few more like:
Sidious
Chancellor Palpatine (gotta love the "rainbows" under his eyes)
Luminara
Barris
Shaak Ti
Well I could go on and on. Let's just say every character in the cartoon series. It's not TOO many and besides we're getting 10 more chapters next spring so the demand should still be there for these figures.

What about Amadila? (Did I spell that right?) I would think it would depend on sales of the first waves. It looks good at this point, as IO have barely seen any of the clonetrooper animated lines warming the pegs at Target.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Like with any line it will depend on us, the consumers.

If we buy them they will make more.

Let's not forget the still painful lessons we learned from the Cantina sets wave 2 and SAGA accessory sets wave 2, or the really painful lesson of EP1 accessory sets wave 2. At least with an officially "un-released" figure/product I can say "Oh well, it was never meant to be." But when they release something is such rediculously low numbers it always hurts the wallet. :(

Sorry, someone went and started that thread about the SAGA accessory sets and I'm still feeling a little disappointed at not getting them.

I wouldn't mind a third or forth wave of the Animated figures, Amidala is a good choice. I also want to see more Army Builders in this style, I plan on getting 10 Animated Clone Troopers just to open. hehehe

But I agree with JJB, make the Obi-Wan in Clonetrooper Armor part of the SAGA line, and if they really wanna make us happy give him a removable helmet and cloth cape. I threw in the removable helmet for the Army builders (like myself) so that we can have a few to use for generic Clone Generals. I am assuming, of coure, that; that was why he wore the armor with the cape.

amidalak
01-14-2004, 12:53 AM
i'm hoping for another wave of new clone wars figs, too, but i don't like the animated line at all. i guess they would be pretty cool for the 7 year olds, but i liked the "realistic" style figs, and guessing by the lack of them on pegs in my area, i'd say so did a lot of folks. in addition, i think the clone wars line was one of the best and most creative things hasbro has done in ages, and hopefully we'll see more.

kool-aid killer
01-14-2004, 11:30 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing a toy of the Jedi Knight that won the Cartoon Network poll. I dont know which one did, but it would be sweet to get an alien Jedi in animated style.

stillakid
01-14-2004, 12:09 PM
i'm hoping for another wave of new clone wars figs, too, but i don't like the animated line at all. i guess they would be pretty cool for the 7 year olds, but i liked the "realistic" style figs, and guessing by the lack of them on pegs in my area, i'd say so did a lot of folks. in addition, i think the clone wars line was one of the best and most creative things hasbro has done in ages, and hopefully we'll see more.

It's still early in the release of course, but the animated figures are moving faster than any of the "realistic" line ever seemed to. I've seen a few hanging around one day they are gone the next. Maybe it's scalpers taking advantage of the "exclusive" thing (I don't know, I haven't checked Ebay) or maybe it's just because stores are getting so few in at a time, but the dust barely settles before the pegs are empty once again. Obviously Hasbro won't do a tremendous number of characters in this style, but I for one will welcome and enjoy every toy they give us. :)

amidalak
01-16-2004, 12:48 AM
i wasn't trying to knock those folks that like the animated figs, i think that might have come off wrong. i would say that the exclusive thing is exactly why the animated figs fly off the shelves while the wider released line sticks around a little longer. however, all the cw stuff around me is gone, nothing left at all, either line. that bodes well, i think, for seeing another go around of cw figs of both types when march rolls around and the second half begins.

DarthQuack
01-25-2004, 07:46 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have another wave or two of the animated figures. How could they NOT make a figure of Kit Fisto smiling? :D That is a COOL Image.

-Matt

darthzirock
01-26-2004, 01:27 AM
Remember, it takes a FULL YEAR to design, sculpt, manufacture, package, and ship figures. I strongly believe that if there were going to be more Clone Wars figures--either realistic or animated-style--we'd have seen reports from someone, somewhere. It appears that wave 3 was it for the regular CW line, and wave 2 is it for the animated line. In some ways, Hasbro was very smart to hedge their bets and only make a limited number of these. Any loses can be minimized, and it's always best to "leave 'em wanting more." Since Hasbro has the license for another 14 years, they can always revisit the Clone Wars down the road aways.

Beast
01-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Since Hasbro has the license for another 14 years, they can always revisit the Clone Wars down the road aways.
Like for the eventual DVD release of the Clone Wars series. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
01-26-2004, 02:01 AM
I hope they make more figures from the cartoon. I for one would like ot see:

Padme
San Hill
Obi in Clone armor/w speeder bike
More SA troopers
A few more Jedi(including the one that won the poll, think it was the wolf man)
IG droids and Speeder

BTW when does the next ten come out? March or April?

darthzirock
01-26-2004, 02:18 PM
BTW when does the next ten come out? March or April?

March 26th was the date I saw. Just like the first season, it will start on a Friday.

DarthQuack
01-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Exactly two months to the date.......muhahahaha. I can't wait!

-Matt

sith_killer_99
03-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, Yakface is putting out the rumor of a third and forth series of Clnoe Wars Animated figures, so I thought I would build on that.

Here are some ideas I would like to see:

Figures:

Amidala
Obi-Wan General in Clone Trooper Armor with Cloak
SCUBA Trooper
Clone Pilot
Red ARC TRooper
Blue ARC Trooper
General Grevious
Supreme Chancelor Palpatine

Deluxe Box Sets:

Clone Trooper on Speeder vs. IG Droid on Speeder
Durge on Speeder vs. General Kenobi on Speeder
Clone Trooper 4 pack (Red, Blue, Green and Red)

Of course this will change when we see new characters in the new series. ;)

Reefer Shark
03-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Clone Trooper on Speeder vs. IG Droid on Speeder
Durge on Speeder vs. General Kenobi on Speeder
That's such a great idea!! The single figures are a given, but I hadn't even thought of deluxe speeder sets. Although I seriously doubt Hasbro would do sets of two speeders..... Instead of doing two speeders in a box for around $20 or so, they would probably do 'em individually for around $15 or so..... :greedy:

I would personally buy a ton of the clone trooper/IG droid speeder sets if they were produced!!! :beard:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2004, 08:20 PM
I'd like to see these, but I doubt they'll be made. Obi-Wan and Grievous are the best choices, but I don't really care if they don't make any of the others.

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 09:40 PM
I would like to see new CW figures. Here is my list

Amidala
Holo Sidious with Spider Walker
Obi w/cloak
Red ARC(re-release)
Blue ARC (re-release)
Grevious
Luminara
Barriss
Scuba Trooper
SA Clones(re-release)

Deluxe:

IG droid w/speeder
Obi-Wan in Clone Armor w/ Speeder
SAn Hill w/ Battle screen table

Vehicles:
AT-TE
Asajj's ship

Darth Mina
03-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Hasbro shold re-pack the SA troopers And the RED ARC they have the molds, and for sure they know by now that there is a great demand for them. I would really like to see Hasbro giving us Green,blue,yellow,& red (if M&M) :crazed: can why can hasbro?

Val Da Car
03-27-2004, 06:16 PM
My TRU is so slow for distribution that they will probably have the Clone trooper due just in time for the Silver clone trooper promotion....

(I am referencing the fact that they just got in the Yoda/Anakin/Grey & Red ARC Trooper waves about 2 months ago)

Card Dreamer
03-28-2004, 02:08 AM
personally, I'm not thrilled with the art style used in CW..I'd like to see more realistic figs though based on the appearence in CW... I love Windu and Yoda's look, and Obi in Clone Trooper gear is sweet. But I want to see the figs of this look more like their movie counterparts rather than a cartoon so they better blend with the other figures