PDA

View Full Version : UK Hotdog Magzine: Episodes 7, 8, & 9!!

Beast
01-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this, but the UK Movie Magazine "Hotdog", has some possible news about Episodes 7, 8, and 9. Now they aren't the most reliable movie magazine in the world, but it is curious none the less. So I figured I'd pass it on, and we'll see how it turns out. The news comes the way of TheForce.Net. :)

EP3: Mayew Also Signed for Sequel Trilogy?
Wed, Jan 14, 04 05:10:30 PM EST

Rob tells us that the December 2003 issue of the British movie mag HOTDOG has just hit the stands here in the U.S. and found several cool Star Wars related things. In particular, on page 12, here's this possibly amazing passage:

"No wonder Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.

Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

In addition, there's a cool spoiler page (though nothing new for TheForce.net regulars) with a great caricature of Hayden as Anakin/Vader. The cover "story" is a list of the "50 Coolest Movie Characters Ever". #22 is Boba Fett, #13 is Indiana Jones, and #3 is Darth Vader! There's also a "Brief History of Time" according to the movies. It begins with "A Long Time Ago".

Please. Be. True. Of course, remember that the official word from Lucasfilm has been and is currently "no." We'll email them for a comment on the story and post any updates here.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
01-14-2004, 11:42 PM
I hope it is true, and it would be great if Lucas could assemble the original cast. I just hope that he either brings in a good screenwriter to assist with this trilogy, or at least thinks things out better than he has with the PT.

I remember Lucas saying that his intention for eps. 7,8 & 9 was to depict the rebuilding of the Republic. Given that the political intrigue and trade sanctions were not the strong points of the PT, I do worry a bit. I also hope it's not going to follow the pattern of all the EU novels (which will be completely thrown into the realm of alternate universe SW) that set the rebels against various groups of remnant Imperial zealots who came off like James Bond villains.

If Lucas has changed his mind and plans to do the final three, I wonder what made him change his mind? It can't be money. I thought he wanted to turn his back on SW and just do small experimental movies that no one would want to watch, but him?

Beast
01-14-2004, 11:48 PM
I have to disagree. The political intrigue and trade sanctions is one of my favorite aspects of the PT. That's why 'The Phantom Menace' is my favorite of the five currently released films. So seeing the Republic in it's recovering days from the Civil War would be great. I doubt we'll see Carrie and Harrison, but the original plan for 7,8,9 from what Mark Hammil has said is that he'd take on the Obi-Wan Kenobiish role similar to Alec Guinesss in ANH. Rebuilding the Jedi ranks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
01-15-2004, 05:11 AM
Mayhew probably embellished that tale to get more business on the convention circuit. lol

Pendo
01-15-2004, 08:18 AM
No, that's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Please no more Star Wars movies after Episode III!

PENDO!

bobafrett
01-15-2004, 09:32 AM
About ten years ago I would have been happy as a kid in a candy store to hear news of Episodes 7, 8 & 9 being made, but after how unsatisfied I have become with the PT to this point, I would rather see this left with just episides 1 through 6, and that be the end of it.

The 'Xir
01-16-2004, 03:52 AM
Besides, I don't think all the movie magic in Hollywood could put Carrie Fisher into anything scantly clad again! :( The cast is too old now, and I for sure, would personally hunt down and kill Geroge Lucas, if he made a sequel trilogy without the original cast! Let's just say I'd rather see them walking around tied to Iv's and Respirators, before I could ever allow my Imagination have anybody else play those parts!

Pendo
01-16-2004, 04:18 AM
ROTJ closes the Star Wars narrative PERFECTLY! It ends the struggle that started in Episode I. The Star Wars story is now CLOSED, COMPLETE, FINISHED!!!! If George re-opens it it would seem forced, it wouldn't have much of a meaning, and would basically be a big pile of stinky poop :mad:!

Anyways - more rumours here :cry: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16780

PENDO!

Pendo
01-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Here's some updates on the horrifying rumor!

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#23028

Looks like Mayhew has denyed it! Hopefully it won't happen :).

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2004, 01:23 PM
I wonder how Spielberg is "connected" to episode 3??

Cameo appearance?

Anyhow, I'd file this under POS rumour if I were you. However, I do remember reading once that, if they did happen, Lucas had promised 7,8, and 9 to Spielberg, which could be fantastic.

DarkArtist
02-06-2004, 05:24 PM
I think that if Lucas goes ahead with the idea of producing 7,8,9 of the saga he should focus on the NJO series of the Expanded Universe. This way the original cast can be used again since they are around frty to fifty repectfully, and n makeup or CG would be required. By making the events of NJO Lucas can also cash in on the new line of characters,toys,micro machines,etc. :greedy:

Also since at Celebration II at the Hasbro booth, staff were asking questions about the EU lines and if people would be interested in a set of Yuzzan Vong Warriors. This idea could also tie in the Crimsion Empire Series from Dark Horse since Nom Anor is a Major Character that bridges the gap between these two series. :)

As far as Luke, Leia, Han etc we would finally be able to have Hasbro continue with the EU line and have a series of core characters as older heroes.

Darth Kirk
02-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Come on peeps, Episodes 7-9 have great potential, and for corn sakes, Star Wars has been the difinitive movie staple for over 3-4 decades now.. We can all bask in its warm numbing glow... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bobafrett
02-07-2004, 01:54 AM
From the Information I was told, there will be no episodes 7, 8, or 9. There will be Star Wars television related shows, but no more movies after Episode III.

Pendo
02-07-2004, 01:18 PM
From the Information I was told, there will be no episodes 7, 8, or 9. There will be Star Wars television related shows, but no more movies after Episode III.
I wouldn't mind a Star Wars TV Series, that could be cool :).

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2004, 01:36 PM
I agree; a TV show would be great as long as it's done properly and whatnot. I'm not a huge fan of "Smallville" but my fellow comic/SW nerd raves about it; so if the writers/creators took the same care for it that say, "Smallville" had, it could be something special.

As long as it's not more of the that damned Star Wars Special thing. Dear god no. (shudders sideshow bob style)

As for episodes 7-9, i dunno what i think about this. It does have potential and could be good, but deep down, i think i know that i want the saga to have its ending be Jedi. Just my thoughts. :D

The real Luke
02-27-2004, 04:23 AM
More star wars= fine with me :) And everybody else knows deep down they feel the same.

Pendo
02-27-2004, 07:51 AM
And everybody else knows deep down they feel the same.
Erm, nope I don't sorry!

PENDO!

arctangent
02-27-2004, 09:17 AM
i feel that if anything, be it film or tv, is to be made after the end of rotj then it must tie in with the huge expanded universe of all the books that have been written. with the prequels, george lucas has already trashed the logic of some of the stories written (ie, the origins of boba fett and the death star plans).

The real Luke
02-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Erm, nope I don't sorry!

PENDO!
I bet you are in line opening night ; ) J/k It has potential it would just depend on how it was made, like someone said earlier if spielberg got ahold of it it would be the shiznit. Pretty funny it almosts seems like you would have to get it away from lucas to keep the integrity of the story.

RooJay
03-01-2004, 10:50 PM
I agree; a TV show would be great as long as it's done properly and whatnot. I'm not a huge fan of "Smallville" but my fellow comic/SW nerd raves about it; so if the writers/creators took the same care for it that say, "Smallville" had, it could be something special.

Yes, but the creators of Smallville took a lot of liberties with the character of Superman, and made a lot of senseless changes to the character. I would hope that creators of a Star Wars TV series would take much more care with the subject matter than that. Otherwise, the changes made in the Special Editions will be the least of our concerns.

Darth Mina
03-18-2004, 08:44 PM
More starwars means more toys more characters I'm all for it. then again I'll probably bee tooo old to care if he decides to make the sequels

JEDIpartner
03-22-2004, 10:18 AM
I thought this rumour was debunked a couple months back. I believe I had read someplace (off an official statement or something) that there was a possiblity of Star Wars comtinuing as an animated or live-action television series but there would be no more films. Well... I will stand firm as the doubting Thomas on this issue.

Anyhow... I just want to stand counted with Jar Jar that all of the politics and political intrigue really interests me. The prequel trilogy has worked for me because there is substance behind such plot-points. I enjoy this aspect of the PT more than the general action of the OT.