PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Hall of Shame Assortment

Tycho
01-14-2004, 08:43 PM
New from Hasbro!

Hasbro is pleased to announce a new line of classic Star Wars characters from years' past now once again being made available to new collectors.

In the first wave we have 5 small waste paper bags, each with illustrations from one of the 5 Star Wars films, as well as instructions in the event of air sickness.

From "A New Hope" we have R5-D4 in a handy vomit bag that depicts the Jawa junk collection on one side, and the Sarlaac's entrails on the other. R5-D4 launches a proton torpedo when you open him up!

From "The Empire Strikes Back" we have the formerly exclusive Caucasian Bespin Guard! Previously only available with the carbon freezing playset, he comes in a unique form of packaging depicting the Ugnaught junk room!

From "Return of the Jedi" we have Caveman Luke from the Final Death Star Duel. Recently offered in Saga packaging, the new Luke comes with packaging detailing still-shots of the Emperor's entrails exploding in the reactor shaft carefully printed onto Luke's packaging.

From "The Phantom Menace" we have Qui-Gon Jinn from the Theed Hanger Playset. Besides featuring a lame leg, Qui-Gon comes with a lightsaber and packaging detailing the scene when JarJar comes snout to spout with an Eopie just before the Podrace.

From "Attack of the Clones" we have Flying R2D2. Recently released, in his new packaging R2's "container" displays scenes from looking down the Acklay's throat, and a slow-motion capture of the Geonosian that got squashed in the droid factory!

These specialty items will be K-B Toys bankruptcy sale exclusives and retail for approximately $.02 each. But when you purchase all five, you can mail in a rebate coupon to Hasbro for $25 to thank you for helping them clear these out of their warehouses.

LTBasker
01-14-2004, 08:50 PM
LOL Tycho, actually I wouldn't doubt this would be "Hall of Fame" wave 2.

Ya know, for something like HoF, they should've had polls for each character...

jjreason
01-15-2004, 12:15 AM
It's not even that hard! I could easily create a "Hall of Shame" line from my own collection!

You mentioned R5D4, he makes collection! As is!

Super Buff Luke and Han, Monkey Faced Leia, Super Buff Rebel Fleet Trooper, Chewie Snoova Disguise... all re-carded on 2004 Gold Stripe "Hall of Shame" cards! The collectors would be hitting the stores en masse to buy up these horrendous pieces of crap - just for the new cards and bubble inserts!

Lman316
01-15-2004, 10:47 AM
We're forgetting a few here. How about Aurra Sing, Acklay Battle Obi-Wan, Mace GR, Pilot Jango, Arena Padme, OPD Anakin... I know there are more, but that's all that's coming to mind right now. I guess I've tried to block out the really bad figures :crazed:

End...

sith_killer_99
01-15-2004, 11:23 AM
And who could forget the ever popular salt shaker POTF2 Royal Guard?!?!

How about matching buttons-sticking-out-of-our-backs Bespin Luke and Bespin Vader from the earlier SAGA release. OK, so not everyone hated them, but I sure did...still do. :dead:

Tycho
01-15-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm miffed because what the heck was wrong with Aurra Sing? That was a great figure!