PDA

View Full Version : A thread to share how we display our Star Wars 12" Dolls

anirbas12
01-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Besides into Japanese Heroes...I'm a SW 12" fan. Other than a few bad face sculpts, i simply love the dolls' costume and the scale of the figures.

How do you guys display your figures?

Just to share my collection with the 12" community... click

http://photos.yahoo.com/orbitalmonger

Just got my hands on the Garindan and Lando Wave from US... by the way, i'm from Singapore and to get the SW12" figures here is so difficult. :(

Having some difficulty to fit all of them into the cabinet... thought of "freeing" them from their boxes but my wife prefers them in the boxes!!!

Hope to see the community contribute to this thread by sharing with us the way you display your Star Wars collection.

bobafrett
01-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Sweet, you have a very nice display. I will try to post some pictures of my 12" figures here, or your best bet is to go to my pictures in the Photo Gallery, then click on "collections", then click on bobafrett.

Exhaust Port
01-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Wow, you even have them behind glass. I'm jealous.

Mine are just arranged on 2 seperate bookshelves. I ran out of room with my displayed figures so only a few of the purchases I've made over the last 2 years have made it on the shelf. I'll have to take a picture or 2 and share.

stillakid
01-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Those look really great! It's kinda like being in a Toys R Us in Heaven. Fully stocked shelves with everything you ever wanted. :D

I have just one 12" figure. The Biker Scout was just too good to pass up. (actually I have two, the original which I keep boxed and my second one which I put on Leia's speeder. that's the one in the picture below)

So here he is with sidearm pointed at my head threatening me if I stop writing. :eek:

Turbowars
01-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Yes the display is very nice! Someone has some cash! Those metal wind up figures are high $$$$

derek
01-15-2004, 08:02 PM
How do you guys display your figures?

i've found that plastic totes work better than laundry baskets. lol

Exhaust Port
01-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Here are my 12" figures. Nearly all are the SW figures but there are a few Ultimate Soldiers, the Monty Python Knights and a few other odds and ends in there.

stillakid
01-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Here are my 12" figures. Nearly all are the SW figures but there are a few Ultimate Soldiers, the Monty Python Knights and a few other odds and ends in there.

What happens when you lose one in that corner space behind the bookshelves? ;)

bobafrett
01-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Not sure if these will work, and it's bad, since not all the 12" figures can be seen. I noticed a lot of loose figures, I prefer to keep most of mine boxed up. I do have a dozen or so open and roaming about various areas of my apartment. Should I get some more digital film, I will try to get some pictures of the various loose figures.

Exhaust Port
01-16-2004, 12:26 AM
What happens when you lose one in that corner space behind the bookshelves? ;)
Ugh, I thought about that as I was arranging the shelves but this was the only way I could get these 2 as well as 2 other shelves into the room. I guess if one of the top figures decides to become a shelf-diver into the abyss then they'll say there until I move out of the apartment. For all I know now there are several lost figures collecting dust back there. :)

anirbas12
01-18-2004, 10:50 PM
yo guys... thanks for taking time to leave your contribution in this thread. as for derek... you the MAN!!! hahah... can see you are "hands on" with your 12" figures.

I'm kinda fanatic over the dolls even though most of the local SW collector-friends finds this collection direction a bit crazy. The local community for the dolls in Singapore is getting smaller and many are selling off over the auction sites. Even the toy shops find it unprofitable to sell in their retail space. :dis:

Hope to see more 12" collection in this thread.

derek
01-19-2004, 10:20 AM
yo guys... thanks for taking time to leave your contribution in this thread. as for derek... you the MAN!!! hahah... can see you are "hands on" with your 12" figures.

yea, i definately don't have the room to keep everything boxed up. each one of those containers holds about 75-80 12" figures. i keep meaning to set up some shelves, but keep putting it off. :o i usually just display a few at a time on my desk.

about 90% of my star wars figures have had new bodies put on them, so i've got a few more boxes of nude, headless action man/HOF bodies.

dalekjedi
01-27-2004, 05:35 PM
:)
i've found that plastic totes work better than laundry baskets. lolhi derek just what know how do the 12inch figures are going, do you think hasbro is only going to make a few this year..

Ook
01-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Isn't that Reds Vader vintage? I guess they reissued it in '92? I found this (http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Collectible_Toys_Limited_Edition_116.html). I didn't know about that...

anirbas12
02-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Isn't that Reds Vader vintage? I guess they reissued it in '92? I found this (http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Collectible_Toys_Limited_Edition_116.html). I didn't know about that...

Yah... have been eyeing it since its released in the mid 90s.... just acquired it last year in Japan. Apparently, not many got out of the island. Very hard to find these days.