PDA

View Full Version : $34.95 MR Vader Saber on sale at FAO Schwartz!

JEDIpartner
01-15-2004, 10:34 AM
The screen will read $139.95 on the price all the way through your transaction but the total price comes to $46.96 including $9.00 and $2.97 tax!!!!

[DSS]Pedr0
01-15-2004, 11:05 AM
The screen will read $139.95 on the price all the way through your transaction but the total price comes to $46.96 including $9.00 and $2.97 tax!!!!
These sold out last night or this morning.

JEDIpartner
01-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... I managed to order one about an hour ago.

[DSS]Pedr0
01-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Hmmm... I managed to order one about an hour ago.
If you dont get a confirmation email, then it isnt going to be processed. Others have commented on the order going thru on the website, but have not received an email about it. Customer Service also notified a few people about it being sold out.

JEDIpartner
01-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Ahhh... I just got my confirmation that it will be shipping!!! :D

[DSS]Pedr0
01-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Ahhh... I just got my confirmation that it will be shipping!!! :D
Excellent. You'll love it.

JEDIpartner
01-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm really excited about it! I called just to be sure and the nice lady told me it had been processed!!! YEA!!!

Lazer Brain
01-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I Just Called There Customer Service And They Told Me They Are Sold Out,aw Hell!
Later

JEDIpartner
01-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Zounds!! I cancelled my order after I was sent an e-mail alerting me that the price change was recalled!!!

[DSS]Pedr0
01-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Zounds!! I cancelled my order after I was sent an e-mail alerting me that the price change was recalled!!!
Shoulda went to MR this weekend with their 30% Off Sale.

JEDIpartner
01-19-2004, 04:27 PM
It's okay... I haven't a problem with not getting any of these...

Dr Zoltar
01-19-2004, 05:16 PM
So it sounds like this was not a sale but a software glitch. What with the emails that people got saying that the price reduction was recalled. Did anyone actually get this saber for the $35 price tag?

[DSS]Pedr0
01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
So it sounds like this was not a sale but a software glitch. What with the emails that people got saying that the price reduction was recalled. Did anyone actually get this saber for the $35 price tag?
There were alot of people who go their orders in before they went out of stock and have already receviced theirs. The rest just got cancelled.

tke_motown
01-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Hello all. I don't post here much, (if I ever have :nerv: ), but was hoping someone could help me out. I saw the link about the $35 Force FX lightsabers and immediately hopped over to FAO's site and ordered on, (it came to $45.74). So I thought I was good to go. I then got the email saying it would be mailed. yet another good sign. But that was over 2 weeks ago. My credit card still hasn't been charged, and I don't have it yet. So I've been doing everything I can to try and confirm whether I'm getting it or not. The confirmation email had a phone number and email address, and I've tried both. I haven't gotten an email response and the phone number doesn't work. JEDIpartnr, you said you called them, what was the number you used? Was it 800-876-7867?

Any help would be great. I would love to get this, but I'm at the point where I just want to knowif I'm getting it or not. Thanks for your help!

MTFBWY,
Motown

tke_motown
02-10-2004, 01:02 PM
**Bump**

Just hoping someone out there can help me.... Thanks.

MTFBWY,
Motown

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
**Bump**

MTFBWY,
Motown

Pedr0]There were alot of people who go their orders in before they went out of stock and have already receviced theirs. The rest just got cancelled.

Sounds like you probably won't be getting one. I had a similar incedent happen when I ordered the 12" Plo Koon from EE. They ended up cancelling my order because of something at Hasbros end. $35 for a Master Replica saber, and I can almost gaurantee they didn't have enough product to meet the demand.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-10-2004, 01:25 PM
**Bump**

MTFBWY,
Motown
Yea FAO cancelled alot of the orders becuz supply DIDNT meet demand.So you probably got axed as well.

tke_motown
02-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I was hoping that I would still get mine since I did get the confirmation email. That really sucks. I understand not having enough, but if they send out a confirmation email, you'd think you were in. I'm very disappointed I won't be getting one. I would love to have it in my collection, unfortunately that probably won't happen.

I did read earlier today that this summer they are coming out with a Mace Windu FX saber. Maybe I can save up and get that as my second one.

Anyway. Thanks again for the help.

Darth Kirk
02-15-2004, 01:05 AM
I think the FAO website is now closed due to 'remodeling'. http://www.fao.com . I thought they were gonna close down all their shops, does this mean they will be back in online format only..