PDA

View Full Version : New Han, Luke & Leia figures

angellus
01-15-2004, 11:34 AM
It seems like the new Han Solo-Endor Strike figure (aka: Han Solo in AT-ST Driver uniform) is another attempt by Hasbro to get us to buy yet another figure based on one of the three main characters: Han, Luke and Leia. Which got me thinking: after all these years, are there any outfits and/or variations on existing outfits left? And which existing figures should be updated? I thought it might be interesting to devise a list. Here's what I came up with:

Han Solo:
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise: Resculpt
Han in Ceremonial Outfit w/ Medal
Han Solo Pre-Carbonite (white shirt / no jacket)
Han Solo Freed from Carbonite: Resculpt
Han Solo in Endor Trench Coat: Resculpt

Luke Skywalker:
Luke Skywalker in Poncho from Mos Eisley scene in ANH
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise: Resculpt
Luke Skywalker in Trash Copactor: Resculpt
Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Training: Resculpt
Luke w/ robotic hand and robe from Medical Bay scene in ESB
Luke in Endor Gear: Resculpt w/ Removable Helmet

Princess Leia:
Leia in gown from Medical Bay scene in ESB
Leia in Bespin Gown: Resculpt
Leia in Boussh Disguise: Resculpt
Leia in Endor Gear: Resculpt w/ Removable Helmet

Anyway, that's what I came up with. I'm not necessarily dying to see these figures produced, but I'd rather see them get made that gimmicks like Han in AT-ST Driver costume. Can anyone think of any versions / resculpts I may have missed?

sith_killer_99
01-15-2004, 12:20 PM
We never got a carded Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise!

We have had "Mail-away" Stormtrooper Han in the white box, Death Star Escape Stormtrooper Han in the HTF overpriced Cinema Scene box and we have had Trash Compactor Stormtrooper Han, which came in the even harder to find Wal-Mart-exclusive-didn't-even-have-a-helmet Screen Scene.

But never a regular carded Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise!

Have I mentioned that I want this!

Sure, there are some re-sculpts that could be done, but for the love of collecting, what kind of sense does it make to put out a carded Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and never give Han the shot he deserved!

Maybe I'm just bitter because they did it twice! That's right, both the vintage and modern lines had Luke in Stormtrooper disguise carded but not Han! :evil:

angellus
01-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Sure, there are some re-sculpts that could be done, but for the love of collecting, what kind of sense does it make to put out a carded Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and never give Han the shot he deserved!

I agree, but I was simply counting it as a figure because Hasbro did produce one, even though it was never available single-carded. They do that with many figures and it sucks. How about Wedge? A Wedge on the card would be cool, but they've never done one. But we have that stupid waitress droid from the diner...morons....

B'Omarr Monkey
01-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Hey! I happen to like the waitress droid, she was one of the figures I was hoping they'd make from AOTC, but wasn't sure how they were going to do it.

Anyway, I don't care about stormtrooper Han on a card, but if others want him, so be it. I don't have to buy one myself. The others were enough for me.

I'd like to see the medical frigate costumes but am not dying for anymore resculpts, though a Luke with an accurate likeness would be okay with me. I'd much rather see occasional repacks that I can ignore, than feel compelled to but yet another in a long line of Tatooine Luke variations.

I wouldn't mind seeing EU versions of Han, Luke and Leia taken from the novels when they are all about 10-15 years older and presumedly not wearing the same close as in the OT.

fishyfett
01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
How about a Han in a TIE Pilot uniform, during his Imperial training days. Just a suggestion. :)

sith_killer_99
01-16-2004, 06:43 PM
How about a Han in a TIE Pilot uniform, during his Imperial training days. Just a suggestion.

Hey, give him a removable helmet and we get a whole new TIE Pilot...though, we will be getting a new TIE Pilot soon...oh well, I'm still all for it!

Beast
01-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, remember it says that Han was an Imperial Pilot. That doesn't mean that he was a Tie Fighter Pilot. He could be one of the jumpsuited pilots with the caps. Or the helmets, like the ones that pilot Vader's shuttle in ROTJ. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fishyfett
01-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Well, remember it says that Han was an Imperial Pilot. That doesn't mean that he was a Tie Fighter Pilot. He could be one of the jumpsuited pilots with the caps. Or the helmets, like the ones that pilot Vader's shuttle in ROTJ. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksLOL!!!! Does it really matter?? Hell, for all I know, Hasbro can make a Royal Guard Han and still sell it like hot tamales. Be the first Guard w/ a removable helmet. We already have Han the Stormie, Han the Chickenie is coming, maybe Han the Pilot is on the horizon, why not Han the Red Guard?? Heck, at this point, I'll take a Rick Moranis Darth Vader or even that Mad Magazine kid in Chewie's custome, just to show my appreciation and dedication to Hasbro's SW stuff. ;)

And by the way, I got my #79 Toyfare mag and I'm really disappointed that all Star Wars won is 'BEST BUST' award for 2003. Best Bust???? Come on fans, where's the love here?? Where's the support??? Give them He-fans a pat on the back, though. No matter how bad the situation for MOTU is going, it still made Fan's Choice for 2003. Now that's loyalty right there. Oh well, better luck next year. :cry:

CrossWizard
01-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Give them He-fans a pat on the back, though. No matter how bad the situation for MOTU is going, it still made Fan's Choice for 2003. Now that's loyalty right there.

What's so bad about the MOTU line? I mean I don't collect them, but besides the over abundance of gimmick figures like Ninja He-Man, Ice He-Man, and Fire Skeletor I see nothing wrong with the line. The sculpts are pretty good and they're getting a lot of the old core and more obscure characters out there.

fishyfett
01-17-2004, 08:11 PM
What's so bad about the MOTU line? I mean I don't collect them, but besides the over abundance of gimmick figures like Ninja He-Man, Ice He-Man, and Fire Skeletor I see nothing wrong with the line. The sculpts are pretty good and they're getting a lot of the old core and more obscure characters out there.NOTHING!!! There's nothing wrong w/ the sculpts and the majority of the characters. If only it was marketed evenly and not so hard to find, then it would've really been to ultimate line to collect. But when you're only option to buy them online for outrageous prices, that kinda turns people off. I myself have all the figures including the Snake-men. But not with paying a hefty price. Now, because all that's left are the pegwarmer variants, stores no longer carry the line and no new figures will be sold to the still hungry fans. Despite this shortage, MOTU fans remain hopefully optimistic keeping the MOTU line alive so they'll be more available in retail. Now that's LOYALTY!!!

On the other hand, we Star Wars fans are getting all the figures we never thought we'd see. And yet, some still worry about the little details like a jacket's color, articulation, no peg holes under the feet, etc. No wonder all SW Hasbro got is a 'BUST' Award. BUSTED!!!!!! :crazed: