PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart carrying 12" again?

Kidhuman
01-16-2004, 02:40 PM
I was in my Wally World yesterday and I saw a Luke Jedi 12" from ROTJ. Are they starting to carry these again or has it been left around from long ago? It was in a new package matching the Gold Cards.

derek
01-16-2004, 03:05 PM
i've read numerous reports this wave is showing up in wal mart stores.

JediTricks
01-16-2004, 07:25 PM
My guess is that WM had cases from before they decided to stop selling 12" and just had them sitting in their warehouse, and now that they're doing resets, there's more room next to the Zams and Dengars and friends.

bobafrett
01-17-2004, 12:15 AM
I thought the article on the SSG homepage mentioned something about the 12" line being carried on at least the WM stores, after Christmas reset. I have been to three different Wal-Marts who have had the plan-o-grams hanging, but saw no 12" on any of them.

The Jedi Luke I think would be from the Sage line, the same one that has the Ewoks, Biker scout, and Yoda. I haven'tr seen one figure from this wave/set.

Paul Heaberlin
01-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Different stores have different planograms. The one I frequent has lightsabers and small figures. No space for the 12" ers. But that doesnt mean they won't get them in.

Wampa
01-18-2004, 12:20 PM
My local Wal Mart had plenty of scouts and ewoks. Looks as though they have no intention of discontinuing the 12" line here. As a matter of fact the cost of 12" figures within chain of stores has risen to $24.77.

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah I noticed the price of em too!!!! I was like wow.

But anyways, I asked the toy associate today in a different Wal-Mart near mew and she said that they have been getting alot of the 12" line in. SO they have started carrying them again. But at that price it is gonna have top be an exceptional figure for me to pay full price on it.

Wampa
01-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I checked a different Super Wal Mart today and found that their plans, which were hanging on the Hasbro rack for associate reference, did not call for any 12" figures on their shelves. The planogram only showed 3.75" and sabers. So I think it may be safe to assume that at least in the Dallas area, only certain Wal Marts stock the 12" line.

Kidhuman
01-19-2004, 01:27 PM
They mioght be doing some kind of test run with certain stores that showed they had better sales than others. I know in the two near me, alot of them sold quickly. I goes back to the same distribution problems of case packing and pegwarmer issues with the 3.75 line IMO.

britt1
02-01-2004, 07:46 PM
I was in the Temple TX Wal-mart a few days ago and noticed the shelves were stickered for 12 inch but the price was $24.95. What happened to $19.95????

Kidhuman
02-01-2004, 10:40 PM
I was in the Temple TX Wal-mart a few days ago and noticed the shelves were stickered for 12 inch but the price was $24.95. What happened to $19.95????

We were all wondering the same thing

slick169
02-01-2004, 11:54 PM
I checked the Walmart in Saint Charles Illinois this afternoon, They still do not have a place for the 12" line and they just finished resetting all the displays. The largest section is all for Masters of the Universe.

Exhaust Port
02-02-2004, 07:25 AM
None of the Walmarts around here are carrying the 12" figures. In fact, even the rest of the SW stuff has been shrunk down to only a few pegs and enough shelf space to hold a few ships. I miss the days of the full shelf length being full of SW figures, ships, accessories, games, etc.

Kidhuman
02-02-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear that(read that in this case) guys. The only thing My Wal-Mart doesnt have ias the vehicles, and hopefully that will change as well.

slick169
02-02-2004, 09:26 AM
The problem I have a hard time dealing with is why Hasbro offers exclusives to Walmart when most of their stores very seldom have the merchandise. I mean its sort of making an exclusive for the for the exclusive use of the Walmart managers, or employees. Very few people report finding these exclusives in the store, yet eBay seems to have an abundance of the items for sale. Where are they coming from?

Exhaust Port
02-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Probably from some thrifty worker in the warehouse...

Paul Heaberlin
02-02-2004, 12:32 PM
It isnt always the people that work there that get these exclusives. The wal-mart neer me got a ton of the maul/speeders, but only ONE case of Luke/ yodas. They got 2 cases of the DS trash compactors last year, and 2 cases of the reboxed TIE Bombers. They are inconsistant with how the stores receive the exclusives.

Kidhuman
02-02-2004, 01:24 PM
That they are. I have seen pretty much every exclusive they have had. I bought the Holiday 2 pack, repackaged Tie Bomber and the Maul/speeder, Greedo from the Cantina set and the Luke/Yoda . I passed on the trash sets as they didnt look interesting enough, the snowspeeder, didnt have the money the only time I saw it, and the rest of the Cantina sets(Hammerhead and Walrus man). They have been pretty inconsistent when it comes to ordering. Some stores get 20x the amount of other stores. Oh and I also found the CW value packs as well.

Exhaust Port
02-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Remember there is a warehouse somewhere that takes the deliveries from Hasbro then divides them up to be shipped to the individual WalMarts. Those employees have first crack at anything that WM gets.

Kidhuman
02-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Then I guess its a good thing my brother is working there now. :D

Paul Heaberlin
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
And how are people at the wherehouse supposed to buy that stuff when there is no cash register?

I mean, is SW THAT big a deal anymore? It doesnt seem as big since E1 came out. All the hype crumbled all SW collecting IMHO. I seriosly don't think any of the people that are actually in charge of the ordering for the bIg retailers thinks it's that big a deal. Thats why 12"ers get to the stores in such low quantities. I got so sick of trying to find them that I order them through online sources.

I just cant believe there are that many SW collectors working for Wal-mart, Target and the likes that would cause such a problem.

Does anyone here go through scalpers anymore?

Kidhuman
02-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I just cant believe there are that many SW collectors working for Wal-mart, Target and the likes that would cause such a problem.

Does anyone here go through scalpers anymore?

I would bet most arent SW collectors but scalpers indeed. WHy do you think on EBay 90% of stuff has HTF next to it? Its so hard to find because it is in their living rooms and not at the stores.

And no, I have never bought anything off of a scalper. I might of paid a buck or two more than retail on Ebay, but what can ya do in some cases. I consider scalpers starting there auctions at twice reatil, not a buck or two above, because each store charges different prices. But to open an auction at 11.99 is outrageous for one figure and a BIN of 20 bucks.

Wampa
02-06-2004, 12:18 PM
The Wal Mart by me placed the Garindan wave on the shelves today. But at $25.00 a piece, I actually got mine cheaper at Entertainment Earth.

slick169
02-06-2004, 06:20 PM
I'll buy on ebay if the price is right factoring in the S&H. I always check the sellers other auctions first. If they look like a legit business, or a collector selling off his stuff, I'll buy; but if the seller has a long list of the latest HTF, Vintage 1996, Hotwheels, MOTU, etc; I wouldn't buy from the Comic Shop scumbag if he was only charging S&H. I have no use for those who don't buy from Hasbro but empty the store shelves every morning.

Turambar
02-06-2004, 08:19 PM
I saw 7 12" luke jedis at a super wm today. That makes 16 luke jedi's I've seen, 0 ewoks, 0 biker scouts, and 0 yodas. Smart choice to rehash this one for a 3rd or 4th time when the last version of him is still dirt cheap on ebay. Good one, hasbro!