PDA

View Full Version : Need a Job??....Good at CG??...want to work on EP 7, 8, 9??

Val Da Car
01-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Scroll to bottom of link below

http://www.mayaassociation.fsbusiness.co.uk/index.htm

Copy of advertisement

Industrial Light + Magic
REELS / PORTFOLIOS
P.O. Box 2459
San Rafael
CA 94912

Production on films like Star Wars 7,8 and 9

Industrial Light & Magic is currently accepting resumes and/or reels for interview consideration in following areas:
I. Roles in Digital Production

Technical Directors - Three plus years production experience, one of which must be in film production using SGI-based software (MAYA, Renderman, Dynamation, etc.). Some experience with C/C++, shell scripting and UNIX. Bachelor's degree in CS, CG or related program or work experience necessary. Demo reel required.

Creature Technical Director - Performs tasks generally described as enveloping, which ensure that CG creatures maintain a cohesive organic look during animated actions. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required. Expertise with MAYA. Expert level Unix experience. Demo reel required

sith_killer_99
01-16-2004, 08:06 PM
hehehe...

Maybe George has finally lost it and plans on making Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 without any actors! LOL

He's finally gone completly CG!

Reasons GL decided to go completly CG for SW 7-9:

1. It's the only way he could get Carrie Fisher back into that Slave outfit.

2. He couldn't afford Harrison Ford's asking price.

3. Mark Hamil was too busy with Broadway to waste another 9 years of his life making 3 more films.

4. David Prowse won't be alive for 9 more years to make 3 more movies.

5. Rick McCullum thinks it's a GREAT idea.

LOL lol

Val Da Car
01-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Could Ep 7,8,9 be the animated series.....like the Clone Wars series

thespar
01-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Who care if David Prowse will not live though filming Vader is dead. Not being able to afford Harrison ford know that is a problem with making $25,000,000 + 20% of the Gross for k-19 windowmaker and Luke on broadway know that is odd.

2-1B
06-24-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't know about that anymore thesp:Pirate: , Harrison Ford's bankability seems to be going down in recent years...Entertainment Weekly did a recent article on stars and if they are worth their pay range - Ford was on the risky list. :(

scruffziller
06-25-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't know about that anymore thesp:Pirate: , Harrison Ford's bankability seems to be going down in recent years...Entertainment Weekly did a recent article on stars and if they are worth their pay range - Ford was on the risky list. :(

Bored are we Caesar? Digging up old threads and picking on forumites who can no longer defend themselves.:D

Slicker
06-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Digging up old threads and picking on forumites who can no longer defend themselves.:DI beg to differ on that one scruffy. thesp:Pirate: last logged in on May 25 of this year so he'll probably be back to defend himself.

scruffziller
06-25-2006, 09:28 PM
I beg to differ on that one scruffy. thesp:Pirate: last logged in on May 25 of this year so he'll probably be back to defend himself.

Wow, i stand corrected.:D I think they need to rewrite the code so that letters put together don't form the smilies.

Slicker
06-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I think they need to rewrite the code so that letters put together don't form the smilies.That is totally on purpose. I can either write thespar or thesp:Pirate:. It's just more dramatic with the :Pirate:

seanmcfripp
06-26-2006, 09:58 PM
That is totally on purpose. I can either write thespar or thesp:Pirate:. It's just more dramatic with the :Pirate:

So :Pirate: we going to officially replace "ar" sounds with :Pirate:? Slick, you':Pirate: a sm:Pirate:my bast:Pirate:d for coming up with that, but your mom still makes me h:Pirate:d.

scruffziller
06-27-2006, 10:58 AM
but your mom still makes me h:Pirate:d.
LOL!!!!!!!!

seanmcfripp
06-27-2006, 11:06 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!

* takes a little bow *

Thank you, thank you.

I was actually quite pleased with myself after that one. Much to my wife's dismay, "I'm so h:Pirate:d!!!" became the bedroom catch phrase as of last night. Pirate talk is danged sexy.

Slicker
06-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Did you end up giving her the ol' peg leg Saen?

seanmcfripp
06-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Did you end up giving her the ol' peg leg Saen?

Aye, 'twas a long night o' makin' merry with grog 'n me woman. I yelled "Avast, shiver me timbers smartly, beauty!" then proceeded to drop anchor in 'er lagoon. Arrrrr!