PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Saga figures only a $1.18 at Target?!!?

broctoon
01-17-2004, 05:01 PM
So I was at my local Target last night (Lombard, IL- just outside of Chicago) and I picked up the new Hoth Luke and one of the Imperial Dignataries. After I left the store I realized I only payed seven something for both figures and a bottle of pop (the excellent new Diet Coke with lime). I checked my receipt and I indeed only paid $1.18 for the Dignatary (and the full $4.99 for Luke). I went back today and bought the only other 2003 figure that I didn't already have, and it also rang up as $1.18! Is this a mistake? I had heard that the 2003 figures at Target were going to be clearanced, but they were not marked as such, and $1.18 seems like a weird price to clearance them at. I can't wait to swing over there again and see if any more cheap figs show up. And if these prices are correct, does anyone know if this is only temporary- just for like the week or something?

:beard:

BoShek
01-17-2004, 08:51 PM
No mistake. My store had that wave marked down to $3.33 or something. So the next step was probably down to $1.18. This are still new figures!!! Wow!

sith_killer_99
01-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah, and my local Wal-Mart still charges $3.00 for '02 figures. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
01-17-2004, 10:20 PM
My Wal-Mart is still charging 4.77 for 02 figures. ALl 6 Padme Arenas they have left.

sith_killer_99
01-17-2004, 10:25 PM
:eek: That's horrible! :dead: What are they thinking? It truely boggles the mind sometimes.

I hit Target today and found some of the late '03 and early '04 figures. It's funny, because they have both shipping in the same box.

On the up side I hit several Wal-Marts today and most seem to have 8 pegs dedicated to basic Star Wars figures and 3 dedicated to Ultras!

Target also seems to have dedicated a fair number of pegs to basic figures plus about 4 pegs for Animated!!!

B'Omarr Monkey
01-17-2004, 11:44 PM
My Wal-Mart has 8 pegs of nothing. This may be a good sign since it seems like they might be stocking afresh. I'm just crossing my fingers that when they fill the pegs it's not with more Zam Wessels someone found in the back room.

I did find the brown coat Hoth Han at Stop and Shop though. I paid too much for it, but since I'm not finding anything anywhere else, I figure the price would be the same if shipping were involved. Anyway, now I have both color coats.

My Toys R Us still has plenty of Zuttons, Lott Dods and Teemto Pagalies and nothing else.

Lman316
01-18-2004, 12:30 AM
:eek: That's horrible! :dead: What are they thinking? It truely boggles the mind sometimes.

I know, really. I can't understand it either. Coke with lime?

Yes. Truly boggles the mind.

End... :crazed:

sith_killer_99
01-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Coke with lime?

Diet Coke with lime!

bobafrett
01-18-2004, 12:58 AM
[COLOR=Navy]So I was at my local Target last night (Lombard, IL- just outside of Chicago)

Broctoon, your talking about the one just outside the Yorktown Mall, right? That's my stomping grounds on occasion. I usually hit the TRU, and the KB in that area. Cool to know there is another SSGer in the area. Hmmmm, I may have to stop at the ones closer to my place to see what they are offering up.

kool-aid killer
01-18-2004, 02:19 PM
I went to a Target yesterday looking for the Clone Wars Destroyer launcher (this Target had previously had quiet a few of them) only to see the pegs empty. Here i waited for it to be clearanced, seen it and didnt have the cash, come back a week or two later and they were all gone. Just my luck. Hopefully we will get some 04 figures soon.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-18-2004, 03:35 PM
I paid $2.34 at Target for a few figures the other day. Makes me feel jealous. :frus: :neutral: ;)

It looks like they are making room for the next wave of figures. I did see a few Deluxe figures there this week and I have been having visions of seeing the SA Clone Trooper next time that I visit them.

Lman316
01-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Diet Coke with lime!

Has the world gone mad?! :eek:

On the Target thing though, I find myself wishing we actually had that store. The closest one is about 2 hours outta town. And when I actually get the chance to get up there, they never have anything.

There are talks, however, of a Target moving into our mall. Ames went out, Target'll come in - maybe.
I'm not really big on the store, but it'd be nice to check for exclusives and the like. Then I could actually add intelligent posts to threads like these... instead of being aghast over something like Diet Coke with lime.

Diet Coke with lime? Lime? I just can't believe it.

:crazed:

End... :D

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Well I went to Target today and they had a few newer figures, Bar2 and R1. They scanned at 4.99 at the register, but I told the girl they were scanning at 1.18 on the scanner in the back. She looked in the computer and gave it to me for that price. Yay Target!!!!!

bobafrett
01-18-2004, 07:16 PM
I went to a Target today, and picked up Achk Med-Beq and Kren Blista-Vanee for $1.18 each. It was all that they had left on the pegs. I stopped at a second Target, only to find empty pegs. Thanks to whomever pointed this out, I want5ed a Achk Med to open, now the only question is, do I change his head out for a Jar-Jar head?

Silent Chazz
01-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I want5ed a Achk Med to open, now the only question is, do I change his head out for a Jar-Jar head?

Only if you also plan on putting C-3PO's head on Dannl Faytonni's body. lol

bobafrett
01-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Only if you also plan on putting C-3PO's head on Dannl Faytonni's body. lol

lol lol lol lol

vulcantouch
01-18-2004, 11:59 PM
shoot, i've already scored a buncha things (mostly for others but a couple for myself too); but they've halved prices every week for the last coupla weeks, so i'm waitin a bit longer for a coupla things, maybe they'll halve again :)

lbc: "having visions of seeing the SA Clone"
-how many you want? i might be able to help :)

kak: "looking for the Clone Wars Destroyer launcher"
-you want the whole thing or just part of it (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=302011&postcount=17)? either way i Might be able to help :)

bom: "crossing my fingers that when they fill the pegs it's not with more Zam Wessels"
-hey, it's not like those're Completely worthless- see link i just referred kak to :)

kh: "told the girl they were scanning at 1.18 on the scanner in the back"
-hey, thanx for the idear :dev:
vt

kool-aid killer
01-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks, but i was looking for one carded (although the cards condition matters very little to me) and from what i can tell from your list you were also seeking some parts of it. If you can find one im definetely open to trading (though i have little of value) or buying.

darthzirock
01-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Well, I found The Emperor at Target in Hickory, NC tonight. Scanned at $1.18 just as I'd hoped. Although the figure is a disappointment, I've been wanting to get a second one for customizing (wanna stick a Supreme Chancellor Palpatine head inside that oversized hood). This is only the second time I've actually seen the stupid thing on the pegs, believe it or don't!

Silent Chazz
01-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Thats one more time than I've seen The Emperor in a Retail Store.

karinations
01-21-2004, 09:05 AM
So I was at my local Target last night (Lombard, IL- just outside of Chicago) and I picked up the new Hoth Luke and one of the Imperial Dignataries. After I left the store I realized I only payed seven something for both figures and a bottle of pop (the excellent new Diet Coke with lime). I checked my receipt and I indeed only paid $1.18 for the Dignatary (and the full $4.99 for Luke). I went back today and bought the only other 2003 figure that I didn't already have, and it also rang up as $1.18! Is this a mistake? I had heard that the 2003 figures at Target were going to be clearanced, but they were not marked as such, and $1.18 seems like a weird price to clearance them at. I can't wait to swing over there again and see if any more cheap figs show up. And if these prices are correct, does anyone know if this is only temporary- just for like the week or something?

:beard:

People keep telling em this and i keep going to Target and finding nothing on sale.
Is it me?
Or are they priced higher and ring up lower?
Or something?

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

Kidhuman
01-21-2004, 01:48 PM
When I went there I scanned the figures at the scanner and they said 1.18. When I went to the register they rang up at 4.99, and I told em that they rang up at 1.18 on the scanner. Also each store does different clearances, yours might not be clearancing them out at this time.

vulcantouch
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
kak: "If you can find one im definetely open to trading (though i have little of value)"
-don't have any accesories i seek eh? well luckily i scored a spare ekalauncher set for $2.48+tax so tell you what, as thanx for your looking over my tradethred i'll sell you it for that+shipping, if you promise to keep me in mind in case you ever gain e-z access to any of them loose things i seek :)
while we're at it lmk if you seek targ-sale-priced assaj, trd vader, df flight r2 &/or sa clone- i might be able to help w/them too :)
vt

Gonk 1979
01-23-2004, 02:26 PM
....how come KMart never gets any SW love on these forums? Oh, yeah, thats right! Because mine still has Episode I Ric Ollie warming the pegs! Nuff said!