PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro, please give us a update on the 12" line?

Turbowars
01-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Are you calling it quits, or what? All you have to do is produce better sculpts and they will sell.

Kidhuman
01-17-2004, 10:28 PM
I was never into this line, but I have bought some that I liked. I still want them to make more because as time went on, they started getting better. SOHasbro, whats the word on it? ANd where can we pick em up?

jedi master sal
01-23-2004, 01:56 PM
There are SO MANY characters that coul be done. Most with the same basic body mold, just different hand and head sculpts. The difference is the costume. I could put up a huge list of wants for this category, but to say my fellow members here at SSG time in reading will ask that if Hasbro truly cares or wants to know then they should PM or e-mail me. (yeah, like that's going to happen-I dare the real company to send me a reply) God, forbid they'd show some specific interest in what the comsumer wants, instead of just relying on the few marketing "gurus" they have working for them.

Anyway getting back to topic...

I'm always excited to see new figures on the shelves, but as of late the quality of some are way down and the distribution is horrid.

The newest waves just hitting store (Yoda/Ewoks/Bikerscout) are barely hitting shelves. You have got to know that army builders generally sell better because of the very nature of what they are. yoda will sell but he's been done twice before. The first one wasn't in great numbers. In fact I had to wait at least 4 years before I finally picked him up at a toy convention. The second one came with Dagobah luke and looked like he had a permenant dust-face. Not good at all. At least with the Ewok set you have given us two in a pack. Good move there. I don't think these would have sold better as seperate figs. Bikerscout, now there's one that's been highly anticipated. Many fans/collectors are angry that they couldn't find the original one that came with the speederbike. AGAIN, due to either low production or very poor distribution. Of the 3 mentioned, in my opinion, the Bikerscout is the hottest one. Again my opinion but do just a little research here and on the couple of other major collecting sites like SirSteves and you'll find Im spot on or not to off the mark.

You've got this great contract for the next 14 years. With the number of characters available you can easily create 15 to 20 a year and sell at a lower cost.

This idea of raising the price for initial profit isn't boding well with many collectors and I can say it HAS affected how I collect the 12 inch line. At first I bought EVERY 12inch figure, then only on rare occasions (mostly resculpts) did I pass one up. Now I'm only getting the characters I like because at $5 more per figure, I don't need another Rancor Pit Luke with different accessories, or an old Obi-wan again.

Yeah I realize you trying to draw in new collectors with core characters but that doesn't really work with the 12 inch figures. Since they are pricier than the 3 3/4 figs many folks don't even bother collecting them. So please pander a little to what we the collectors want. I'm sure that we are the largest demographic for 12 inch figures. I've said this before but I visit between 25-35 stores a week and almost never see a kid ask their parent for a 12inch figure. The rare times I do, most of those are turned down because the parent claims it cost to much and may divert them to the 3 3/4 line.

How har would it be to come up with a list of figures you'd be willing to produce and let us vote on them. Or let us submit lists and in the order of most wanted to least. From there you could glean what we as consumers want.

I know I know, here's yet another SW collector whining about how he wants this or that, but that's the point of so many of us. We tell you what we want and a little response would go a long way. We don't mean months from now when a figure is finally produced but someone that's an official rep from your company stating the company's plans or at the least acknowledging the average persons post. (In other words not just to sirsteve or jeditricks here or the fellows in charge of the other popular collecting sites) I'm not saying that's what happens, what I'm asking is to personally acknowledge the little guy. Respond by saying something like, yeah that's a good idea, or I'll pitch that to my superiors, or we have that already planned for. That would be refreshing and I'm sure would go a long way in making your consumers feel good and may even get them MORE exciter about buying your product.

Okay, I'll stop here and give someoone else a chance to speak...

Exhaust Port
01-23-2004, 02:07 PM
It seems to me they are killing the line slowly. As was pointed out the last 2 waves barely hit the shelves. How can they hope to continue interest in a product if the consumers have trouble finding them?

derek
01-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Are you calling it quits, or what? All you have to do is produce better sculpts and they will sell.

better sculpts would be great, but if they continue to use the same painters, what's the point. obi-wan, han solo, luke, and anakin all have really bad paintjobs. and nothing can ruin a good sculpt like a bad paint job.

i think hasbro needs to break the 12 inch line up into 2 lines. one can be geared towards children with a price of about $10-$12, and a collector line that featured outstanding detail could sell for about $40 each.

all hasbro has to do is take a look at how dragon, blue box and sideshow are doing with their high quality figures, and copy them.

so along with good sculpts, we need excellent paint jobs and high detailed clothing and accessories.

collectors will pay for quality, if hasbro will only produce it.:)

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 11:32 PM
better sculpts would be great, but if they continue to use the same painters, what's the point. obi-wan, han solo, luke, and anakin all have really bad paintjobs. and nothing can ruin a good sculpt like a bad paint job.

i think hasbro needs to break the 12 inch line up into 2 lines. one can be geared towards children with a price of about $10-$12, and a collector line that featured outstanding detail could sell for about $40 each.

all hasbro has to do is take a look at how dragon, blue box and sideshow are doing with their high quality figures, and copy them.

so along with good sculpts, we need excellent paint jobs and high detailed clothing and accessories.

collectors will pay for quality, if hasbro will only produce it.:)Well, I meant the whole package, not just the sculping.