PDA

View Full Version : Super Articulated Clonetrooper

stillakid
01-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Are these done and gone? Do I need to head to the internet to find even one of these? Hasbro's lousy distribution combined with overzealous Army Building collectors seems to have made this figure another in the long chain of unavailable for many. Or will they show up again with some other case assortment? Or in some random bin at one random TRU for $2 bucks a piece?

On a similar note, if this SA Trooper scenario is any indication, the upcoming release of the Animated Clone Trooper is a recipe for disaster. With only 3 per box, this will be nothing but a luck lottery. Whoever gets to the retail store first, wins. Hardly fair, though I'm sure the rest of us will be able to put together a nice army of Yodas, Durges, and Dookus. :rolleyes:

Oh, and one last thing (for SirSteve if he's reading), the Search Function doesn't allow for less than 3 letters in the Search, so looking for "SA Clonetrooper" doesn't work. Can that be fixed as so many users tend to use abbreviations like that?

Kidhuman
01-19-2004, 12:38 PM
I would hope these arent done and gone. I would like to get some more. I only got one of em and need the other at least to keep carded. I also wanted ot get some extras of these to open, but Tycho might have scoured America for these. :D :D :D

stillakid
01-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I would hope these arent done and gone. I would like to get some more. I only got one of em and need the other at least to keep carded. I also wanted ot get some extras of these to open, but Tycho might have scoured America for these. :D :D :D

A quick search of the online scalping facilities turned up none. Even Ebay had just a few, and the majority of those were "loose" meaning that the guy tore open the package to get the Jedi Points most likely.

There is something seriously f'd up when a figure this good (reportedly) is only in the hands of a few people. Maybe with enough whining, they'll offer 4 packs just like the Stormtroopers we got through the Fan Club.

sith_killer_99
01-19-2004, 07:41 PM
I suspect that these will be re-released in SAGA form.

I hope...

Kidhuman
01-19-2004, 09:25 PM
A quick search of the online scalping facilities turned up none. Even Ebay had just a few, and the majority of those were "loose" meaning that the guy tore open the package to get the Jedi Points most likely.

There is something seriously f'd up when a figure this good (reportedly) is only in the hands of a few people. Maybe with enough whining, they'll offer 4 packs just like the Stormtroopers we got through the Fan Club.

I find it hard to believe that this figure isnt on Ebay in major numbers myself. I will not normally buy more than one ofd a figure (MOC collector) but this one I want multiples of. And wouldnt you know it, it was short shipped. I too hope this figure is re-released on Saga cards or in 4-packs. Man, Hasbro should just send out abouot 20 cases of this one figure to every store in America. I think it would sell greatly.

Silent Chazz
01-19-2004, 09:27 PM
I haven't even been able to get this figure yet.

Val Da Car
01-19-2004, 10:25 PM
brianstoys.com has them for $9.99 each!!!

Yestertoys sold out of them for $7.25 each.

I did find them only once at a WM during a late night toy run

stillakid
01-20-2004, 12:13 AM
I find it hard to believe that this figure isnt on Ebay in major numbers myself. I will not normally buy more than one ofd a figure (MOC collector) but this one I want multiples of. And wouldnt you know it, it was short shipped. I too hope this figure is re-released on Saga cards or in 4-packs. Man, Hasbro should just send out abouot 20 cases of this one figure to every store in America. I think it would sell greatly.

I guess that's what I don't understand. Hasbro should know that this kind of item will go like hotcakes as will the upcoming Animated Clone. Shipping them out in small numbers or "equal" numbers to the "core" characters is just ridiculous.

BobaFett77
01-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey Stillakid,
I'm in the SoCal area just like you (Ontario/Pomona area) and was lucky enough to find them when they first hit. I actually found a majority at Walmart (if you can believe it) but also ran across a few at Target. I picked up a few and passed up, honestly, like 30 to 40 of them thinking that I would just pick more up later since they were in such great abundance. Needless to say they were gone after about 2 days and I haven't seen them since. I dont' see target getting anymore because they clearanced all of the CW figures. I'm assuming that the Animated line is taking it's place but we'll see. I don't get a chance to get out all the time to hunt but will keep my eyes peeled. I know where to find you if I do find more ;)

sith_killer_99
01-20-2004, 12:14 PM
On a similar note, if this SA Trooper scenario is any indication, the upcoming release of the Animated Clone Trooper is a recipe for disaster. With only 3 per box, this will be nothing but a luck lottery.

What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box? Here's the info from Action-HQ:

Clone Wars Animated 2

852160000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ANAKIN x 2
852170000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE OBI-WAN x 1
852180000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE CLONE TROOPER x 1
852190000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ASAJJ VENTRESS x 2
852200000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DOOKU x 2
852210000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DURGE BOUNTY HUNTER x 1
852220000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE YODA x 2
852230000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE MACE x 1

So that's just one lone Clone Trooper per box! Now, maybe they plan to ship a different assortment later on, but from where I am sitting it dosen't look too promising. If Target sells the first wave well, they may still get stuck with wave 1 figures from the second shipment and that's bad news.because if the first wave starts warming pegs Target may not order more from wave 2!

Mandalorian Candidat
01-20-2004, 12:44 PM
I've seen almost nothing on the pegs at my local Target since December with regards to the Toon Wars figures. They've been there but are just selling extremely well. I don't know if the toy dept. people are rationing them out to keep us hungry for more or if the distribution to the store has been a case a week.

This is a good omen for wave 2. We should be getting in plenty of cases of these, IMO, way cooler figures (is that an actual expression?) before the line peters out.

stillakid
01-20-2004, 12:49 PM
So that's just one lone Clone Trooper per box!

That's what I thought but somebody told me I was mistaken as apparently the current wave is 3 of each per box. As mentioned, they should go ahead and release the 3 of each core character boxes but then supplement the distribution with 2 additional boxes of 9 or 12 Clone Troopers. They could probably do that with practically every army builder type they make and sell them out.

jedi master sal
01-20-2004, 01:32 PM
That's what I thought but somebody told me I was mistaken as apparently the current wave is 3 of each per box. As mentioned, they should go ahead and release the 3 of each core character boxes but then supplement the distribution with 2 additional boxes of 9 or 12 Clone Troopers. They could probably do that with practically every army builder type they make and sell them out.

I agree stilla, but Hasbro hasn't been too kind in that area when it comes to single carded figures, in the past couple of years. If they didn't figure it out with the SA Clone they're not going to do it with the Toon Clone.

Kidhuman
01-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Hasbro needs to figure out something quick. Fans are thirsty for this figure and want them badly. Maybe 3 packs or 4- packs of them, ship whole cases of them. Heck take outr addresses and mail us a case on them.

kool-aid killer
01-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Im only looking for 4 SA Clones. Thats all i want. If Sith Killers breakdown is right, its going to be a battle to secure a Toon Clone. Assuming the first wave of animated figures moves out well enough. The last two Targets ive been to have them warming multiple pegs. Hopefully thats just because i got there semi early and the other collectors hadnt hit yet.

ANEEL
01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Im only looking for 4 SA Clones. Thats all i want. If Sith Killers breakdown is right, its going to be a battle to secure a Toon Clone. Assuming the first wave of animated figures moves out well enough. The last two Targets ive been to have them warming multiple pegs. Hopefully thats just because i got there semi early and the other collectors hadnt hit yet.

i guess i got lucky at target in dec picked up 5 opened 1.

Darth Jax
01-22-2004, 10:30 PM
i was able to get several of the SA clones at target on massive markdown shortly after the 1st of the year (along with several other figs i'd been wanting more of). since that time have not seen any figs at target that weren't the animated exclusives.

Devo
01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Same story in Ireland. My shop got them in but they were all gone within 4 or 5 days. I did buy 4 myself though, was going to get more but they were gone.

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 01:44 PM
A friend of mine found me one at a Walgreens or Rite Aid. I still have not seen them for myself at retail. They were shipping 4 to a case. 4 Kits, 4 Tins and 4 Clones.

Kidhuman
01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Youi think they would cut down on the kit's and tin's for this round. Thats only 2 of each pose shipping out. HAsbro needs to do a repack on this one.

stillakid
01-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Youi think they would cut down on the kit's and tin's for this round. Thats only 2 of each pose shipping out. HAsbro needs to do a repack on this one.

Yeah, like 12 to a box.

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, like 12 to a box.But that would be too easy.:stupid:

Silent Chazz
01-25-2004, 01:23 AM
12 to a box would be a Army Builder's Dream Come True.

Kidhuman
01-25-2004, 09:02 AM
12 to a box would be a dream come true no matter if your an army builder or not. I just want to see more on the shelves already. You think Hasbro would of learned this already. Maybe STeve should have a contest where a member from this board gets to work at Hasbro for a month. I think he has some connections??????????

jedi master sal
01-26-2004, 10:30 AM
A month just wouldn't be enough. You can pitch your ideas within a couple of hours but the time it would take to tour the plant, learn at least in part the trade (toy making) and all of the processes it take to produce a toy, etc.

You'd have to learn what goes into research and development for toys, materials cost to make not only the toys but the molds themselves. There's a ton of things to know. If it's simply us just pitching ideas for figures, well, if Hasbro hasn't perked up they're ears by now they aren't going to. So far we've been lucky that we've gotten some of the figures we've been asking for, for years ie General Reikaan, Imperial Dignitaries.

True the SA clone was a mistake to put out in this quantity but in one business aspect it's smart in that it keeps you coming back to the stores (no matter which ones) to look for that one figure and for the retailers, they bank on you buying something else besides figures when you go to their store. Hasbro, in the mean time also hopes that ou will purchase more of there product. Be that SW or another toy line. All of these things are interwoven and while mass producing clones and packing them 12 to a case will make us collectors happy in the short term, it doesn't have a place for Hasbro in the long term. We can hope as mentioned previously, that they "revisit" the line and porduce and ship more SA clones down the line. I know I'll be there ti pick up more then as well. As I'm certain you all would be too.

vulcantouch
01-26-2004, 01:07 PM
kiddo: "Maybe with enough whining, they'll offer 4 packs just like the Stormtroopers"
-i'd say that's a good bet :)

kak: "going to be a battle to secure a Toon Clone"
-in that case i hope it's as lame-o as the other animateds so i won't care :evil: btw see mssg for you here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/printthread.php?t=22746&page=2&pp=16) (note: trd vader's no longer available) :)

dj: "was able to get several of the SA clones at target on massive markdown"
-yeah same here; all have already been spoken for by my fellow foruMMers except one, so if anyone here wants to trade (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=302011&postcount=17). . . :D
vt

Old Fossil
02-05-2004, 12:15 PM
I found several cases of the SA Clone wave newly upon the pegs at Geoffrey's (TRU) in Meridian, MS, yesterday... picked up 3 and a Pilot Saesee, leaving about a dozen SA Clones. These figures may still be shipping from certain warehouses.

Val Da Car
02-05-2004, 12:25 PM
TRU is slow...

To move figures...mine just put out a set of Wave 1 (Yoda/Anakin/ARC Trooper) in the past two weeks....at this rate the next 10 episodes of Clone Wars will be out and the should be up to Wave 2....

Wave 3 will be just in time for the DVD release.

Paul-Kenobi
02-06-2004, 03:51 PM
My TRU is VERY SLOW they still have stoke full of Clone Wars wave 1 i really want Ventress yet some of my wal marts are allreddy upto wave 3 of clone wars and all they had was Fisto and Tiin no SA clone troopers which sucks. I wonder if i myself will get my hands on thes figures

stillakid
02-06-2004, 10:34 PM
My TRU is VERY SLOW they still have stoke full of Clone Wars wave 1 i really want Ventress yet some of my wal marts are allreddy upto wave 3 of clone wars and all they had was Fisto and Tiin no SA clone troopers which sucks. I wonder if i myself will get my hands on thes figures

Wha...?! Wave 3? When did that happen?

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I think he may be a little confused.

-Matt

sith_killer_99
02-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Why the confusion? I found wave 3 before Christmas! I just haven't seen it since. :mad:

I managed to snag 4 Super Articulated Clones (one of each pose carded and 2 to open) but no Kit Fisto or Saesee Tiin as both had damaged cards. :cry:

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Unless I am just plain stupid, I haven't heard anything of a Wave 3. Are we talking basic figures or animated ones here? I think I may have gotten off the wrong exit on this question...

-Matt

Turbowars
02-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Unless I am just plain stupid, I haven't heard anything of a Wave 3. Are we talking basic figures or animated ones here? I think I may have gotten off the wrong exit on this question...

-MattThere are 3 waves in the basic CW line. #1 had Annie, Yoda and red/ blue ARC's. #2 had Obi, Mace, Durge and Asajj. #3 had Kit, Tiin and SA Clone

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Thank you for clearing that up for me. Much to learn I still have.

-Matt

sith_killer_99
02-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Matt-DarthQuack, sorry about that. There are actually 3 lines right now:

1. Saga-basic figures
2. Clone Wars-EU figures done in the basic figure style.
3. Clone Wars Animated-EU figures done in Animated style (Target Exclusive)

vulcantouch
02-09-2004, 12:12 AM
-it so happens i bagged one for $2.52 incl. tax when targ cleared em out in case anyone'd need; lmk if you want it for that price + shipping, otherwise i'm takin it back for a refund :) meanwhile maybe you can keep an eye peeled for accessories i seek (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=302011&postcount=17) :)
vt

DarthQuack
02-14-2004, 12:40 AM
I finally scored a SA Clonetrooper in a trade for a couple Muppets. I was psyched to get it in the mail today, its great!! Also scored a McQuarrie figure on ebay for 7.01 :)

-Matt

Darth Alex
02-24-2004, 12:01 PM
I just saw the list of Clone Wars Season 2 over at RS...maybe Hasbro and/or
retailers are waiting until the 2nd season starts to drop more product.
What does everyone think? Would cases of Wave 3 and the case with the Red Arc not to mention the Value 2 packs show up again to promote the new season? I'm doubtful, but....who knows?

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Hopefully the Red ARc shows up as they should be in season 2 as well. I don't know about the value packs again, but it would be nice. And send more SA clones too.

Darth Alex
02-25-2004, 04:58 PM
*****************Clonetrooper #84724 cancelled*******************

Well, folks, here's the skinny straight from Hasbro...

I just called 800-327-8264, the Hasbro Consumer Affairs #.
I just wanted to find out what is going on with this figure and explain how frustrated I am that I can't find one-not in stores, online, on ebay, anywhere.
I posted before about how I ordered a whole case of WAVE 3 CW figs JUST to get some SA Clones and those are on Diamond Distribution backorder, probably never to be filled...
CSR Jose helped me out and looked up the UPC for the figure. He then went on to explain that the figure has been cancelled as of January 2004. He did not have a specific date on the cancellation. Hasbro, you may know, does not release quantity amounts on how many of a particular items has been produced. However, in relation to what was made, Jose did say that what was shipped is done. Not only did he say that no more would be made, but that everything that was made was sent out to fill orders.
When I asked why, gave examples as to the demand, mentioned that I'd buy about 20, Jose just kept repeating the "not made anymore" mantra.
I did suggest to Jose to take my conversation, they are all recorded, and take the tape TWIMC and to please have them call me back. I want the figure and I'm not taking no for an answer anymore. I am seriously peeved at the last of this one single item not being found anywhere.
I am on-line most every day and hit the stores routinely. This is bull of the highest order. You see a bunch of these in the posters for the CW line and you can't even buy one.
It's feeling had that makes me really fed up with this hobby. But I guess that's the way corporatations are... Look at the way the MOTU line went down the tubes with over-production of heros and variants and not enough villans. Look at the great Marvel figures that are shortpacked at random per every so-many cases-it's bloody insane. Look at Toyfare magazine-their Top 10 is just a laundry list of the insanely high prices of plastic nowadays. Toys have become an investment property, just in a whole new sped-up way we can no longer even have a chance to get some of the action.

I'll stop ranting now. It's unlikely I'll ever see the figure and at this point I don't know why I should support a hobby that takes it's perhaps greatest figure and makes it completely unattainable. Life is frustrating enough w/o a hobby feeling like a job. I've done my part for king and country when it comes to the SA Clonetooper. If Hasbro wants to discontinue a figure fans are beyond DEMANDING, well the heck with em...

IF I get a response, I'll post it.

So, any thoughts on the cancellation....and STRONG possibility that whatever shipped is not sitting in some warehouse, but actually gone and sold like yesterday's news....?

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 05:59 PM
I too am peeved that it was canceled. I only saw one of em ever. I bought it up and never saw the other one. I wish Hasbro would re-release it on a regular card or in their next line of CW toys, if they make one. Its our only hope. I refuse to pay Ebays prices as well. I hope the SA line of oTC isnt like this figure.

Silent Chazz
02-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Ok this news is awful. I never even saw Clone Wars figures at all ANYWHERE in stores. I say we start a petition to make Rehasblow either revive the line with next month's Season 2 thus giving us more SA Clones or to recard it on Saga packaging. A Petition is the only way to go.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Good thing I got one from KEBco a few weeks back.
I should toss it on e-bay and pay off a few credit cards.

"SUPER ARTICULATED CLONETROOPER- RARE! MIB! CANCELLED!"

I think i'll set the "Buy it now" for $999.99. :crazed:

This IS crap though; i was hoping to pick up a few more of them. Hopefully, with enough complaints, we can get him re-released. :)

Silent Chazz
02-25-2004, 07:09 PM
I have a friend who's an even bigger SW figure collector than myself (his 331 figures to my 183 lol). He is upset at this as well, but is not a member of this Forum. He asked me to post this for him as a response to this situation (and it seems to be a rebuttle to my Petition post, but oh well, he's my friend lol):

Commander Kettch says:
Petitions are NOT the way to go. Sure, you'll show just how many of you want them, and heck, can add how many of them you want. But in the end, Hasbro sees it like this: "Hmm, okay, they want it, but whether we make it or not, they'll still buy our other new figures. Let's not make them and save $$ on production and just let them rant." It's sad, but that how I'd see it if I were them. They're big enough to do it. The only way to make them see a remote sign of reason is to BOYCOTT their SW line...no one buys, and they'll think "Hmm, let's give them what they want". I know this would be hard considering how many millions buy the line, but in the end, it's a collective effort that alone will get their attention. Think I'm nuts? Think of it this way. If say 1 millin people buy the line and decide to boycott the next set, that's 1 million Times the price of each different figure in the set that they LOSE $$ on. Think about it... Just one set....

jedi master sal
02-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Problem with that is the retailer will think the line is dying and won't order any new stuff. Hasbro at that point has already sold waves and waves of figures. They've made they're money. I don't think they want us to sweat it out. That would be ridiculous. Of course it is just as ridiculous that indeed the best army builder ever was in VERY short supply. A petition can work but it take alot of hard work and effort and even then a company may choose to ignore it.

What I think is going on for some of these things is that Hasbro just doesn't want to bow to the collector. They think themselves the high and mighty manufacturer and still hold to their misguided ideals that the SW line is a kids line.

I won't go back on this rant entirely again but the rest of you ask yourselves...How many times do you see kids or parents or kids (evident by the kids hanging around or close by) buying Star Wars toys. For me I'd say that's realistically 5-10% of the time. And I'm out 4-5 times a week covering 30+ stores and at least 50 square miles. My shopping times range mostly from 6-10pm but on weekends could be anytime. These are hardcore facts from just one diligent collector. I'm certain that they (Hasbro) would at least consider our demands if we were to sign petitions with that kind of information following the signatures. That is like doing the marketing research for them. By this they woudl clearly see who is really buying this stuff.

Okay I went on a rant, I'm done but you all see my point.

-Sal

Silent Chazz
02-25-2004, 09:12 PM
I happen to agree, Sal. Of all the times I've been in the Star Wars toy aisle, I've seen maybe once or twice a kid with his parents getting SW toys. All the other times it was Teenagers and Adults who were collectors getting SW figures. I wan't my flippin SA Clone!

My friend Commander Kettch writes:
I see your point off view, Sal, but I still tend to disagree. You can tell them that its a particular age group buying as apposed to what they believe it is, but in the end, all they care about is like you said, getting their money. They don't really care how old you are. And I think you kinda helped my solution along. By boycotting, you make stores believe the items don't sell. And this prevents them from ordering the next wave, which in turn, is what will hurt Hasbro. Yes, they're already paid for the wave currently in stores, but you need to think of the next one coming. how far in advanced are they ordered? Consider the time it takes to order, make, ship to the stores' warehouses and then to the stores. Also, by allowing the stores to think the toys don't sell, this will cause them to mark the items down. If you're gonna buy them, do it at a loss to everyone. Once they're makred down, the store isn't going to order nearly as many next wave. they won't want to take aother loss in $$$ like that. Like I said, just think it through. It's not the most pretty plan, but it will work y ou stick with it.

B_C
02-26-2004, 10:14 AM
try this for sa clone trooper (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=66&textsearch=&sub_category=7&sub_category2=-1&id=783)

B'Omarr Monkey
02-26-2004, 10:16 AM
If kids were the ones buying SW toys, we'd be finding them on the shelves all the time. I can check the SW toys ever time I go in the stores and the pegs are almost always empty. One the rare occassions that I find anything, any duplicate figures that I leave behind are gone pretty quickly. During those same visits I notice that almost every other toy assortment on the pegs remains more or less static. There are dozens of pegs at my TRU full of Hulk action figures which look nearly identical. The fancy Marvel figures all seem to be the same as well, as with the Transformers . I have a son who likes robot toys, but the Transformers are too complicated for him yet, so I end up getting him the zords from the Power Rangers line. I can almost always go back to the store a few days later and pick up a figure for him that I left behind a few days later.

If all of these other toys are just sitting there with no signs of turnaround then why are they given so much shelf space? If the SW toys are constantly sold out, then why aren't their pegs constantly being restocked? It seems like a messed up way to run a business.

I don't know that a petition would really help. I think Hasbro sees what it wants to see. I've asked their reps at Comicon International (The San Diego Con) who are allegedly there to field our advice, complaints, etc. why I'm at the convention shelling out $20 a piece for several figures that I should have found with ease at any number of retailers, at reatil prices. The rep said he understood the problem and that they were looking into it. I guess they're still looking into it.

Boycotting them will only hurt us and kill the line completely. I don't think Hasbro would view it as the fans rebelling, but that the hypothetical kids just aren't interested in SW. If they think that we'll just keep buying the stuff, even if they're doing nothing to adress our complaints, or fill our wish lists, they're right, and they know it.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe instead of a petition, if everyone sent in a seperate physical letter, they'd see the tremendous volume of people *****ing about the problems and finally do something about it. If Hasbro finally understood who was really buying the SW toys, they could just skip Wal-Mart, TRU and Target all together, and sell to us directly--and give us what we want without wondering if an 8 year old boy would buy a Beru Whitesun figure. Skipping the stores should also allow the prices to stay about where they are since all the sales money would be theirs.

Ask yourselves this. I don't collect Transformers, or G.I. Joe, or any of that, so I might be wrong, but the stuff I do collect I've never had problems finding on the shelves. Do GI Joe collectors complain that certain figures aren't showing up in their region? I've never heard of a country wide distributed product (I can't speak for international availability) with such poor, sporadic distribution.

I also wonder why Hasbro bothered renewing the license for so long, since they are clearly not interested in maximizing the sales potential from this line. I'm afraid that we're going to see about 100 new Ep III figures next May that will sit on the pegs for another 2 years, andless and less new stuff that we want until it peters out altogther.

Darth Alex
02-26-2004, 10:23 AM
try this for sa clone trooper (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=66&textsearch=&sub_category=7&sub_category2=-1&id=783)
I do thank you for the link. I checked it out and I will probably order one when I have time to this afternoon.
This is a good example of how collectors can help one another.:)
While it is really sad that I have to buy this figure from another country and it still doesn't help the situation of unavailability in the USA, I do appreciate the link.

Lazer Brain
02-26-2004, 10:27 AM
wow, that would really suck if there not anymore of these figures out there, i sure would like to get a few more too. but, i guess i'm lucky enough to find 2 ,one to open and one to display.these are really nice pieces to play with too.
later

Darth Alex
02-26-2004, 10:33 AM
.......I also wonder why Hasbro bothered renewing the license for so long, since they are clearly not interested in maximizing the sales potential from this line. I'm afraid that we're going to see about 100 new Ep III figures next May that will sit on the pegs for another 2 years, andless and less new stuff that we want until it peters out altogther.[/QUOTE]

Good, good points, B'omarr Monkey. Does the company hierarchy have any idea what fans think?

Me thinks that the corporate mentality is positively blind, even in person at a convention. If Hasbro is still "...ahem, looking into the problem" then maybe they need to listen to their FCC-approved recordings of calls to their Consumer Product Affairs Line. I'm sure Jose and others could get a nice, hardy pat on their backs when they bring it to the attention of superiors that profits can be increased!:stupid: And all buy selling more product.

And another thing-is it any wonder that Hasbro downplays SW when issuing their State of the Union stock report every single year after 1999? I am a minor shareholder and when I get these booklets, they really talk down SW in a minor sentence here and there. If you haven't seen one, it's amazing! They could clearly refocus their market strategy and shift MEGA unit of cases of all kinds of SW p-r-o-d-u-c-t but fail to utilize forums like these that for the millionth time provide free, accurate, impassioned, real-time, heart-felt, obsessive market research. Hasbro's poor shipping and case assortments are their own version of 'shoot yourself in the foot'.

If the hobby keeps up as business as usual, maybe I should just collect rocks outta my yard if I have the impulse to collect something:ermm: .

kool-aid killer
02-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Reading about the SA clonetroopers is very much a bummer, i never seen one in retail and i can imagine the price is only going to shoot up. I would think that the same figure would be reused when Episode 3 comes out, but i believe i read something about the uniforms changing a bit. Hopefully the SA clone will come out one last time, i only want a couple.

Darth Alex
02-26-2004, 03:58 PM
try this for sa clone trooper (http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=66&textsearch=&sub_category=7&sub_category2=-1&id=783)Well, folks, I'll quit complaining because I just made my order:crazed: .
Again, thanks buddychrist for the link.
When I post finds or information, I try to be accurate and honest. I'd like to think that's how most of us in these forums are. It's really been a pain not to find this figure in the stores, and while buddychrist had no obligation to offer the link, I do really appreiciate it.
Now, I realize I'm paying more than I would if I bought one on a toyrun...but, at least I know now that I have one.
ANNNND....the SA Clone is still in stock if anyone else is interested...good shipping price too, from an over-seas store.

For those who are following my rantactular daily rants, here's some more kidney punches dealt for those needing this figure:

NOT on ebay (at least today)
NOT in at Yestertoys, Bryans Toys, Amok Time, Entertainment Earth, Toy Bliss, Kebco
NOT in any of my stores this week

If I didn't have the link above, I would be outta luck. ToyPalace from Germany appears to have it, but the price is higher than r2dtoys.com....

I'll find out tonight if Diamond Distribution is still sending this case out from backorder. Again, I had the case ordered from their Previews Catalog during the "current month-new stuff" phase, so there is no darn good reason why Hasbro shouldn't have filled it. If the 2 cases come in, great, I'll have an army. If not then my and my buddy will each get one outta the 2 I ordered.

QUESTION OF THE DAY- Why does anyone suppose that this is completely non-existent from any US retail/online/etc source? Ephant was easier to find back in the day, yeah, you'd wait 10 days for it to come in, but Ephant came back and you can still get 'em (even if it is expense, Bryans:speech: ).
Anyway, any thoughts-I would order a case from EE but they don't even have it listed....

jjreason
02-26-2004, 10:24 PM
We badly need a troop builder set of these. The odds have to be pretty darned good they're going to release this figure in this manner.

stillakid
02-26-2004, 11:35 PM
QUESTION OF THE DAY- Why does anyone suppose that this is completely non-existent from any US retail/online/etc source? .

Tycho's got em all. ;)

rbaumhauer
02-27-2004, 02:47 PM
A couple things:

First, anybody who is interested in that link to UK retailer (r2dtoys) - these guys are great! I bought a Star Tours R4-M9 from them off of ebay for less (including shipping) than I could get one from anywhere in the US. As Darth Alex said, shipping is very reasonable, and very fast.

Second, SA Clones are available on ebay - just look up "Poseable Clone", there are 9 single figures available (including 1 loose) and one as part of a CW set. While we call these figures "Super Articulated", the package says Poseable, so that's how they get listed. Also, they aren't cheap - Buy it Now prices start at $16.99, but if you're willing to wait it out, some of the others might be available for less.

I can certainly understand the frustration - I'm fortunate that I got one SA Clone for a bargain price ($5 on ebay, if you can believe it - I was the only bidder!), and even though I'm hardly a fan of the prequels or even the design of the Clone Troopers themselves, it's a wonderful figure. With the great news that we ARE getting a SA Stormtrooper in the OTC Vintage line, the quality of the SA Clone bodes well for what we'll see late this summer.

Kidhuman
02-27-2004, 03:19 PM
I think Hasbro released this figure to get us thirsty for the upcoming line. It is a great looking figure(I dont have one opened just carded.) I would have bought more if I had found more. The limited run of this whole SA line including this figure is obnoxious. Just release them in the same quanities as the others(Saga line figs). I understand they are special and all, but please Hasbro, why do you chinse out on the good figures?

silentsteel70
02-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Fortunately I have 2 of the SA clone trooper mint on mint card, both bought from WM, since the last one that I bought I haven't seen anymore, which might be a good thing, I don't think hasbro intended to stop production on this one particular figure.i think they new it would be a hot item...they then cancelled it so it would be hard to find...then you will be looking for star wars figures in all the stores you possibly can...hance you will be in the area of all the star wars toys and figures, on the pretence of buying a SA clone trooper...you don't find one, so you pick up something else instead...so they made a sale, without having to produce the SA clone trooper!!

Within the company of Hasbro...there will be ppl doing the market research, they say they SA clone troopers are going quickly so they decide to stop production...so they can re-release the figure in a different pack..maybe a deluxe type pack and then swamp the market with them in the hope they will fly off the shelves...then then make more money than they would before....just look at the cantina sets...they are gathering dust on the shelves in the clearence ailses at WM...because they over produced and once ppl had bought what they want they don't want anymore!! then Hasbro are on a lost leader with it.

I feel bad for everyone that is having a hard time finding this SA clone trooper...but don't loose heart I am sure they will bring it back...in another form sometime in the future.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-02-2004, 02:42 AM
.they then cancelled it so it would be hard to find...then you will be looking for star wars figures in all the stores you possibly can...hance you will be in the area of all the star wars toys and figures, on the pretence of buying a SA clone trooper...you don't find one, so you pick up something else instead...so they made a sale, without having to produce the SA clone trooper!!

Maybe, if there was something else on the pegs that I didn't already have, rather than a couple dozen Jango Pilots at Toys R Us. Maybe I'll break down and buy the Animated figures at Target since there is only two Han Hoth sitting there. Wal-Mart had one Han Hoth. K-Mart hasn't had much of anything either.

jjreason
03-03-2004, 12:22 AM
It's not just the Clone that's been tough to find, is it? Have Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin been tough as well? What was the ratio for these figures in the cases they came in? Were the cases for just these 3, or were there older CW figures mixed in as well? This case would have well with 6 SA Clones and 3 of each of the Jedi. With the push toward OT, I can see these figures getting limited release time. I don't think it was intended by Hasbro, just the way the cookie crumbles. Leave it to them to make it so that the best figure - the one that stands to make them the most money - is the one showing up on shelves the fewest number of times..... :Par:

Silent Chazz
03-03-2004, 02:02 AM
A little off topic: My area got stiffed on ALL Clone Wars related products. This tends to happen when the only Toy Store in a small town out in the country is a REGULAR Walmart(Not Super Center). CW toys have been out since July? And never did they show up at my Walmart, so I got stiffed on ALL the Waves.

Back on Topic: Even the Clone Trooper Wave I got stiffed on. How rude!

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 11:30 AM
JJ, the breakdown was 4 Kits, 4 Sassy's and 4 clones, supposedly 2 of each, but me thinks it was 3 right and 1 one left clone. The last wave only hit once and never again here.

Dark Marble
03-03-2004, 12:03 PM
It would be a crime if more of these weren't put out. I am not sure any ever made it to pegs here. I found evidence via fisto and tiin that they had to be around, but I never saw them. Ebay was my only chance at getting the number that I wanted, and now I barely see any at all there. I don't get it, my Target is swimming in tons of the screaming mace wave that they can barely give away at $1.20 a piece but the clones might not make it to pegs again? :confused: :dis:

skeeziks22
03-03-2004, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't be too quick to worry about them never showing up again. The cartoon is coming soon, and my original understanding is that this second wave was to go with the second ten toons. They came really early (last year) but never made it to a lot of places. If they aren't planning on releasing additional figures then I would expect these to hit shelves in higher numbers when the toons come on again.

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 04:46 PM
They better release them again. Imight go toadd if they do release a few waves like before, pack this sucker in all of em.

OC47150
03-04-2004, 04:44 PM
The SA clonetrooper and the CW Saesee Tinn and shirtless Kit Fisto came and went in my area without me getting any. I hope they'll show up again, since older Saga figures are.

jjreason
03-05-2004, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't be too quick to worry about them never showing up again. The cartoon is coming soon, and my original understanding is that this second wave was to go with the second ten toons. They came really early (last year) but never made it to a lot of places. If they aren't planning on releasing additional figures then I would expect these to hit shelves in higher numbers when the toons come on again.

Perfectly logical explanation. Let's hope this is the case; that would mean we might actually get some SA Clonetroopers up here in Canada!

bobafrett
03-05-2004, 02:18 AM
Perfectly logical explanation. Let's hope this is the case; that would mean we might actually get some SA Clonetroopers up here in Canada!

No, you Canadians only get the UA Clonetroopers. That's Under Articulated, with absolutly no articulation anywhere on the Clones. The Blaster can't even be removed, and you'll have to pay $5 in Canadian Quarters to get them out of gumball machines. You mean you haven't heard the news? :D

Actually, I haven't even found one here in Southern Canada, or as we like to call it, The United States.

silentsteel70
03-18-2004, 12:58 AM
I don't know what's wrong with everyone else's super center WM...the one we have here still seems to have lots of Kit fisto and Saesee Tiin the new clone wars ones...if anyone is intrested I will go and take a look over the weekend, and pick y'all one up!! :)

skeeziks22
03-18-2004, 11:46 AM
I don't know what's wrong with everyone else's super center WM...the one we have here still seems to have lots of Kit fisto and Saesee Tiin the new clone wars ones...if anyone is intrested I will go and take a look over the weekend, and pick y'all one up!! :)

Where do you live (not an address just a general vicinity)? Not everyone has a WM super center... and the reg. WM's here pretty much suck for new selections.

silentsteel70
03-18-2004, 11:57 AM
WE are in north eastern Kansas...near Manhattan ks..hope this helps :) PM or email me if you want me to take a look in our local store..WE also have a Target that has been getting in the new Deluxe packs with Jabba etc...they had them this weekend anyhow!!

Darth Mina
03-26-2004, 02:21 AM
Which of these is the rare release or is it the same :confused:
I'm just courios they are only worth 5.00 anyways

clonehead
03-26-2004, 02:26 AM
damn You's! I still haven't found one youe, but i would keep thim all, because they will only become more and more valuble.

Darth Mina
03-26-2004, 02:36 AM
I actually found these at Palm Springs and would you believe that i grab them from one of the "returns" baskets at a WM on december 26 :D

arctangent
03-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Which of these is the rare release or is it the same :confused:
I'm just courios they are only worth 5.00 anyways

i believe its the package on the left of your photo with the clone trooper facing left that is the rarer of the two. the one i received when i ordered mine online was the one on the right. from many of the posts on this thread it seem that they are both something of a rarity in many places.

OC47150
03-26-2004, 07:58 AM
That's one way of keeping it in perspective, Mina.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the SA trooper will still show up at some of the other retailers.

Kidhuman
03-26-2004, 09:10 AM
The one on your left is more rarer, but being that they didnt make enough, it really doesnt matter which one is scarcer. I have the one on the right(kneeling) but never saw the other. And I only ever saw one at retail.....and I bought it.

Dr Zoltar
03-26-2004, 03:43 PM
The only one I ever saw was the one of the left. Saw him at two different stores in the same week. I should have bought more than one.

I humorously refer to the left posed one as "Disco Dancin' Stormtrooper."

Reefer Shark
03-26-2004, 08:06 PM
I had found 3 of the left facing one, and only one of the right crouching one (bought 'em for $7 ea * a collector joint). So I thought the right crouching one was more rare.... Guess it doesn't matter since I opened all 4 of them!

silentsteel70
03-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Reefer Shark, I bet your sick now :( , knowing that ppl are willing to pay $20 a pop for one moc. Not saying you would sell them, but what ppl are paying for them is what they are worth to the collectors..... anyway. If I find any more I plan to keep them under lock and key......lol

Reefer Shark
03-26-2004, 11:39 PM
It doesn't really bug me, I just consider myself lucky that I got them so close to retail price at a scalper joint. :)

Sometimes I do get a kick out of opening rare figures if I get good deals on 'em. I've also recently got some pretty good deals on the EU line, ended up opening Dark Trooper, Space Trooper, Mara, etc...

Almost all of my Marvel Legends variants are opened. I opened a Twilight Frodo when he was rare & hot. Open the rare stuff, it's fun!! :crazed:

Darth Mina
03-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Open the rare stuff, it's fun!! :crazed:
I Almos always open my figures unless I have several i tend to keep the extra ones in the package. and like you said I do get a kick of opening rare fugures like SIO, or all the long saber figures after all they are ment to be displayed in my cases :D

Darth Alex
04-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, here's the latest in the saga of this non-existent figure.
I ordered a case from my local Williamsport, PA comic shop, AMWC in Newberry, PA.
This was back before Thanksgiving.
When the figures were still on order in 01/04, I increased my order to 3 cases in the hopes of building a nice-sized army, splitting the cases with a friend.
Yesterday, I had Joe/owner ask the Diamond Rep Tyler just what is going on with these cases. I figure this will be my last shot to get these in the US at an actual store.
Yep, you guessed it, all the 3 cases went to backorder and are now cancelled. According to Tyler, NONE of the orders for CW case 3 with Saesee, Kit, and the trooper were filled.
WTF????
I called Hasbro this morning, gave a polite, detailed account of what is going on, but I don't really expect them to get back to me.
What is the point of collecting anymore? This figure was considered by many to be the best of 2003 and I can't even get one. Yes,yes I know, ebay, r2dtoys, etc are some options, but why did Hasbro go to the trouble of creating the slogan 'build your armies' and make press posters displaying many of these troopers just to not make enough to even fill orders for them?
If grocery stores were run this way, the whole nation would starve!
I'm pretty much ready to pack the hobby in. Can't build armies, Can't find figures, orders get cancelled...I think after Ep3 things'll be pretty much done. I'm not gonna pack it in just because the end is probably in sight. BUT...when I've looked for one of the if not THE best figures Hasbro has made for months on end at various retailers and order cases only to find that I can't get what I want...why continue? Anyone?

skeeziks22
04-15-2004, 05:19 PM
All i can do is agree with you. This is one more reason that Hasbro would do well to sell their figures from their own website. this way they would know directly the interest in certain cases etc., and produce them accordingly. The least they could do is sell them by the case, and have polls (not just the Fan's Choice polls) asking which figures of those being produced would we most like to have. This way the ones we all want and want multiples of (SA Clone) would show up in reasonable quantities and those only some of us want, and only want one of (Imp. Dignitary(s)). Just my thoughts...

Kidhuman
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
I agree ANY ARMY BUILDER should be packed a plenty n cases. Honestly, does Hoth Luke need to be in 4 seperate shipments??????? Or would a stormtrooper be better to do that with.

stillakid
04-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah, Darth Alex, I concur. I have two of the Super Articulated Troopers only because a friend picked up one for me and KEBco sent the other. I never ever ever saw them at retail. Either Hasbro shipped a "normal" amount and a small minority of collectors bought them all or there just weren't enough made in the first place. It's this kind of nonsense of having a billion Snaggletooths out there but no army builders that'll drive people away sooner than later.

Darth Alex
04-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, it's good to see I'm not going crazy and alone in my search for this figure.
Not to sound over the top, but thanks for the feedback. Even if someone doesn't agree with me and open discussion is, I believe, encouraged, it's good to see that others are as interested in the hobby.
I feel....sometimes I will admit to going over the top in my, let's face it, RANTING about this figure. But, man, I would gladly by two cases of 12 each solid-block shippin' clonetroopers. And I'm sure others would do the same if not more, Hasbro.
R2Dtoys had a problem and I'm gonna probably give them another chance. Their emails have been very polite and for those who don't know what I'm talking about, late in 02/04 I ordered 2 SA clones-one for my, one for my mate James. Long story short, R2toys had a theft situation and my order got very delayed. I ended up backing out and getting a refund when it looked like Diamond/Hasbro were gonna come through with my "didn't go to backorder, it's still on" order of a few cases of CW wave 3. Well, those cancelled as of 4/15, and now I guess I'm gonna go back to R2toys. I don't have the time to bid on Ebay and I ain't holdin my breath waiting for some sort of re-issue. At this point, I don't think Hasbro cares to reissue it...can't figure out why....
As P.O.ed as I am with Hasblaw, I would STILL buy a bunch of this figure. And I know when Ep3 comes, if I hang on and don't chuck my collectin' days in the garbage, the clones will be significantly altered from what I wanted in late 2003.
Ya know, the OTC Vintage Stormie has all the makings of this SA Clone business all...over....again. I have not seen a time when a new sub-line was lanched that this didn't happen:
1) The initial order is over-stocked, over-ordered, and everywhere.
I know this seems like a BIG strech in 2004, but I am willing to say that I think the OTC will get a push-can't be any worse than it is now, unless Leia is really 1 per case.
2) Wave 2 came out later than expected and there was a significant stock drop-off.
OTC is a special case LITERALLY. One time shipment(HA, aren't all of 'em?) with a worlds-been-waiting for the DVD emphasis. I bet the second case assortment WILL show up, but I wonder if the amount put out will BUCK convention to make everyone looking for the toys happy.
3)Wave 3 and subsiquent are hard to find, eventually tapering off to nothing.
And here's my belayed point: we ALL want this figure. The re-issued Stormtrooper. I work with a guy who is a HUGE underground Hip-Hop fan and even he actually ASKED me to buy him just one. He is a little miffed at the extra $5 for the special case. In Colin's words: ".....ehhh, I could give a -------------, I'm just gonna rip it open"
The Stormtrooper like a SA Clonetrooper will appeal to just about anyone, so universal is it's appeal similar to a Vader or a 'cool' character like Jango and son.
I know a few guys who are uh, very VOCAL, about how dumb they think toy collecting is and these are the same guys that bought EP1 Maul, EP2 Yoda, and the odd Vader because even they have to admit that, privately, "....yeah, their cool".
Bottom line_:crazed: , figures like the SA clonetrooper and the upcoming Stormtrooper(YES!) should either have upped quantities if they HAVE to be put into regular assortments. But, it would solve so many problems if Hasbro would just pay someone to research the hobby and the community, read forums like this one and others out there(ya know who ya are:classic: ) and finally face facts-$$$ will be going into the sewer with lost, given-up collectors and fans who buy the mere trickle of merch hitting very,very,very few places.
Alright, that's my two cents...:speech:

Darth Alex
04-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, Darth Alex, I concur. I have two of the Super Articulated Troopers only because a friend picked up one for me and KEBco sent the other. I never ever ever saw them at retail. Either Hasbro shipped a "normal" amount and a small minority of collectors bought them all or there just weren't enough made in the first place. It's this kind of nonsense of having a billion Snaggletooths out there but no army builders that'll drive people away sooner than later.Just to agree and contribute, I don't think a """"normal""" amount ended up anywhere.
Here's a thought-do you think Hasbro made the same amount of all these cases we can't find and eventually KB will get 'em?
KB near me is working on minor amounts now of both the Bespin Luke(!) case and the WA-7 case. I would consider it sweet,sweet justice if all of a sudden the CW wave 3 case showed up like the black plague.

Darth Alex
04-16-2004, 04:17 PM
I agree ANY ARMY BUILDER should be packed a plenty n cases. Honestly, does Hoth Luke need to be in 4 seperate shipments??????? Or would a stormtrooper be better to do that with.Now, this is just a guess, but I bet someone at Hasbro finally put some thought into a related-release: the Wampa is still showing up, so if someone wants to make..."the circle complete", they can buy the gotta-get-to-go-wit-it Hoth Luke.
But, I digress. I agree w/yer post. Frosty Luke doesn't need to be in 4 seperate shipments when I know folks who STILL DON"T HAVE Jedi Luke-a little balance in the packing dept. Hasbro, huh?
Why push BUILD YER ARMIES when you can not.get.army.builders.period.?

DarthBrandon
04-16-2004, 06:17 PM
I have six of these guys (loose) (4) thanks to a member on these forums and I still want more. Figures like the S.A. Clone & Stormtrooper deserve more distribution than they are getting, they are the elite of figures IMO, but I'm quite confident that we will see them again once Episode III comes out. If they do not release them again, then Hasbro has dropped the ball once again IMO, why keep figures that are guaranteed moneymakers away from the customers is beyond me. I have 25 plus Stormies (Regular & Commtechs) & 25 Clones (Arcs, Regular, S.A.) and I would welcome more S.A. Clones & Stormies to my army if Hasbro could just get them to us. I agree with some others around here that full cases are warranted and a cut back on the Lukeís & others in every three to four assortments would be nice, but itís safe to say Hasbro is not listening.

TC & Peace

skeeziks22
04-16-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm quite confident that we will see them again once Episode III comes out. .

Have you seen the cover of the insider two issues ago? I don't want to say anymore in case there are those out there that want to be spoiler free. My guess is once EIII comes these won't be shipping.

Darth Mina
04-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Well maybe with all the re-packs we will get to see more of these. I ust wish they would start making them in all diffrent colors :D so we could all go crazy looking for the green variants :crazed:

IMFETTUP
04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
I only ever found 1 super articulated clonetrooper. I agree that it would cool to see different color clone troopers on this scale (articulated). I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but they are putting color to the unleashed clone trooper. I've seen pics of a red one. Not articulated obviously, but real cool none-the-less. I've been trying to find the variation with clone trooper in an upright position, but haven't had any luck so far...:mad:

"He's no good to me dead."

skeeziks22
04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
That would be like Hasbro to make variants of figures then make them near impossible to find. Brown/Blue coat han and Red ARC trooper, and green and red trooper three packs come to mind. Just ship the third assortment of clone wars figures... and maybe a straight case of SA clones and they'll make me happy. No added colors please... if you want that open 'em and paint them.

evenflow
04-27-2004, 04:56 PM
It funny sometimes Hasbro is really smart about things then other times its just a mess. I have never seen one of these.

OC47150
04-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Just think, if we could have a SA clone trooper for every Zam Wessel figure still floating around out there. That would be great!

skeeziks22
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Just think, if we could have a SA clone trooper for every Zam Wessel figure still floating around out there. That would be great!

Or Pilot Jango.

ronhudy
04-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Are the Clone Wars figures in general done with, or what?! If so, WHAT A FRICKIN' WASTE!! New card design, new figure molds, new vehicles...for what? 10 figures in stores for a 3 month time span?!?!

skeeziks22
04-27-2004, 06:13 PM
The TRU here in Anchorage has put out a few cases of the Deluxe Clone wars figures in the last two weeks. It is an assortment I have never seen including,

1x Durge/speeder
1X Clone/speeder
2X spider droid (never saw this up here in clone wars or saga package before now)
1X battle droid army
1X clone army (so far only yellow variant which I have :-(

noticeably absent is the Destroyer droid launcher...which is just fine since this was a peg warmer.

here's hoping this keeps coming with different clone army color variants.

still... no single pack figures for clone wars. have NEVER seen wave 3 up here.

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Yes Ronhudy, CW is done unfortunately. :beard:

silentsteel70
04-28-2004, 08:56 AM
I think the only way to get a SA Clone is to get one off ebay...and pay a lot of cash :( ...I have put a few of my doubles on there last night...including an SA clone+Arc (blue/grey) these are together in the same lot, I have started the bidding off at well below retail...I am not a scalper, that tries to charge $20 for one of these figures (they all need to be shot!!) I started the bidding at $6.99 for 2 MOC figures...which is around $3.50 per figure...which aint bad in my opinion!!...I have also put ono a few other clone figures...if anyone is intrested take a look at silentsteel70 stuff on ebay...anyone who wins and is a member of this forum will get a discount on shipping!!...email me first though so I can note you down! :)

I have been busy getting the rest of the clone wars line...which I now have got all of them...except a spider droid...which I will get by the end of the week!! I am also looking for a durge on swoop bike MOC as the one I have is loose...but I do have all the different clone army colors now...and they are all packed away...to make sure they are real safe!! LOL

OC47150
04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
In my area, the green and blue clone trooper three-packs, the Jedi knight packs, clone trooper speeder bikes and Durge and speeder bikes have shown up again at TRU for $7.95. I picked up a second Durge for display and Jedis to customize. It's worth checking out.

TRU.com/Amazon.com did have the spider droid available for $7.95.

ronhudy
04-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Looks like I'll have to hit TRU to get the Durge/Swoop for my son. He's become a big fan of Durge since the CW cartoon started. He's got the carded figures and is looking for anything and everything "Durge"! Anyone know if he will have an appearance in EP3 or was the CW cartoon his premise and demise?

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Check the spoiler forum for that info. Not trying to be mean, but that would be a spoiler and some of us dont wanna know them. :beard: