PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Super Articulated Clonetroopers?

stillakid
01-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Are these done and gone? Do I need to head to the internet to find even one of these? Hasbro's lousy distribution combined with overzealous Army Building collectors seems to have made this figure another in the long chain of unavailable for many. Or will they show up again with some other case assortment? Or in some random bin at one random TRU for $2 bucks a piece?

On a similar note, if this SA Trooper scenario is any indication, the upcoming release of the Animated Clone Trooper is a recipe for disaster. With only 3 per box, this will be nothing but a luck lottery. Whoever gets to the retail store first, wins. Hardly fair, though I'm sure the rest of us will be able to put together a nice army of Yodas, Durges, and Dookus. :rolleyes:

arctangent
01-20-2004, 05:10 AM
these are out in the uk. i know because i got mine yesterday from the r2dtoy online store. and lovely it is too!

sith_killer_99
01-20-2004, 12:12 PM
On a similar note, if this SA Trooper scenario is any indication, the upcoming release of the Animated Clone Trooper is a recipe for disaster. With only 3 per box, this will be nothing but a luck lottery.

What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box? Here's the info from Action-HQ:

Clone Wars Animated 2

852160000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ANAKIN x 2
852170000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE OBI-WAN x 1
852180000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE CLONE TROOPER x 1
852190000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ASAJJ VENTRESS x 2
852200000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DOOKU x 2
852210000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DURGE BOUNTY HUNTER x 1
852220000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE YODA x 2
852230000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE MACE x 1

So that's just one lone Clone Trooper per box! :eek: Now, maybe they plan to ship a different assortment later on, but from where I am sitting it dosen't look too promising. If Target sells the first wave well, they may still get stuck with wave 1 figures from the second shipment and that's bad news.because if the first wave starts warming pegs Target may not order more from wave 2!

stillakid
01-20-2004, 12:55 PM
What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box?

Somebody else has conflicting information.

bobafrett
01-20-2004, 01:03 PM
What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box? Here's the info from Action-HQ:

So that's just one lone Clone Trooper per box! :eek: Now, maybe they plan to ship a different assortment later on, but from where I am sitting it dosen't look too promising. If Target sells the first wave well, they may still get stuck with wave 1 figures from the second shipment and that's bad news.because if the first wave starts warming pegs Target may not order more from wave 2!

If you notice, the wave you are talking about Sith_killer_99 is the animated wave, not the super articulated wave. This thread was one the where the Super Articulated Clone troopers, not the animated. However, seeing just one animated clone trooper in a box is also very disturbing especially for those who like to build armies, or collectors who open one and leave one carded, like myself.

bobafrett
01-20-2004, 01:26 PM
I correct myself, as I just read through and realized that the mention of the animated wave was brought up, and sith_killer_99 was replying to that, my apoligizes!

Kidhuman
01-20-2004, 03:39 PM
They are probably next to the Kit's in Hasbro's warehouse. I'd bet the Skywalker Ranch on it. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2004, 04:11 PM
In response to where they are: i got one at home in a box from KEBco awaiting my arrival during spring break. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the trooper (i'll name him jimbo for good measure) and myself doing fun stuff. It'll be like:
"oh, here's a pic of Jimbo and Mike playing basketball"
"Oh, here's another pic of them playing frisbee."

this spring break is gonna rule!! :D

jedi master sal
01-23-2004, 02:12 PM
I've commented on this in numerous other threads. Zealous armybuilders like myself notwithstanding, you've got to know that these figures sell well. Not only does the average collector want one or two but then you DO have folks like myself who clamor to get as many as the want. Currently I have 4 and want 30-50 more. While I know my hopes of finding that many in retail stores is next to impossible, how hard is it to meet customer need. Sure you want to meet the need of the retailers who buy from you but realize they are in effect the middleman here and that we the consumer dictate what we want. You've certainly still got the molds for the Super Articulated Clonetrooper and at a retail cost of $5 we will continue to buy this figure in droves. Of late I've been forced to look on the net for this particular figure and I'm sick at what I see. Not only are they selling for close to twice the retail amount, but most sellers are tacking on a hefty shipping charge. THAT DOES NOT give you the excuse to raise your price either. It means that were you to produce more then the average consumer would be able to walk into a store and find the figure they want at a reasonable price (THAT'S the key word "reasonable"). Your retailers would then be the ones clamoring for more product and not only theirs but your sales figures (no pun intended) would go way up. And you would gave a larger PROFIT!

Please for once listen to what we are saying AND respond. Posting here in this forum to Hasbro is like running naked, through a cemetary, in the dark, at 2am in the morning. Catch my drift. We are posting here and the people in the right spots don't bother to take care of it.

Oh, BTW, I've never done that...really!

Lman316
02-17-2004, 11:08 PM
I agree with everything said, although I was actually lucky enough to find one in the stores. But that was only because I managed to get to my Wal*Mart really early in the morning. It really shocked me to see it sitting there.

I, too, am wanting a ton more of these, but doubt I'll ever see another one. The figure is great, with very, very minor problems (lack of foot holes being one) and I hope Hasbro will correct this distribution problem and get more out to us (I'd also like Hasbro to fix the foot hole problem... maybe I should start a new thread about it, if they actually read these :confused: ).

End..

Darth Alex
02-18-2004, 04:18 PM
I can't believe I still haven't found even one of these in any store yet. I ordered a case through my local comic shop, but Diamond Distribution has the case on back order. What is going on? I just called the Hasbro Helpline(tm):D and got the same message-go to our top 5 retailers and keep checking. What gives?:cry:

B'Omarr Monkey
02-19-2004, 07:32 PM
If anybody still wants a SA Clone Trooper let me know. There's three sitting on the pegs of my Stop and Shop. There's also a Clone Wars Kit Fisto. Because it's grocery store, they cost, I think, $8.00 apiece.

If anybody is interested I'll get them for you.

jjreason
02-24-2004, 12:01 AM
This figure is just SCREAMING to be released in a troop builder pack. The fans want it, the army builders want it, heck even the figure itself wants it (I asked mine, he said that's what he wants - he said he's lonely). For the record, I've been calling mine "Uncle Mikey". Not sure why.

Darth Alex
06-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Let's see...now we're in June and I still can't get one of these figures.
If anyone from Hasbro is reading this...look, please re-release these in some sort of multi-pack and you'll make the company rich.
Right now I'm laid off(downsized) from 1 of the 2 jobs I work and I would still buy 8 4-packs or 3 cases packed 12 figs per case. That's just for me, not to mention the extras I'd buy for a friend whose looking for 4-8 of the figure and can't get around to buy em or order em.
The only option I have is ebay or 2 european online stores. Bryan's toys can't get them in with any regularity and they want 19.99/fig + shipping!
Can anyone at Hasbro please wake up and reissue this fig?

Dr Zoltar
06-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Write to Hasbro about how scarce some figures are. I did. The more complaint letters they get the more apt they are to listen.

stillakid
06-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Write to Hasbro about how scarce some figures are. I did. The more complaint letters they get the more apt they are to listen.

If a letter gets mailed to Hasbro and no one reads it, is it really a letter? :ermm:

Kidhuman
06-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Bottom line is that Hasbro should know to release this figure once more.If they had a clue to what people want, they would be the best thing since sliced bread. This board and others are letters enough if Hasbro reads them. But obviously they are illiterate because we get no response from them.

Darth Alex
06-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Write to Hasbro about how scarce some figures are. I did. The more complaint letters they get the more apt they are to listen.Dr, good point.
I did write a letter on this and sent it out to Hasbro back in March(this year, of course) but didn't get a response.
I have also called numerous times and being as calm as I could suggested a reissue or a multipack.
At this point, I'm probably gonna cough up enough dough for a small squad, say 4 troopers, but the main point is that if anyone at Hasbro is reading this, they will make a LOT of money if they'd just find a way to make the figure available.
For that matter, I still don't have Fisto or Tin from CW wave 3....and this whole situation is actually changed my mind to NOT buying them.
I'm an opener and I used to buy one of every 3 3/4" figure. Even if it was in a 4 pack with one new figure, rest re-issued, I'd still buy everything.
I don't customize, and while I really like a lot of the comics and books in the EU vein, I really don't buy too much that wasn't on-screen. The Spacetrooper..bought that, it was outside the DS. The Ep2 research droids...bought them, they were cool, they're droids, and they were in the DVD cut scenes.
But...if figures are gonna be so hard to find like the SA Clonetrooper and I actually want some, I'm gonna have to cut back what I spend when I pay $20 a figure. IF, I do decide to.
Kit and Tin look cool and if they are like that in Ep3, well, I'll go back and hunt em down.

Ya know folks, how hard would it be for Hasbro to re-release the case to someone like starwarsshop.com or EE. Yes, I'd end up with multiples of 2 figures I don't need multiples of, but I'd even buy a few cases just to get to Clone.
And I know, the gun with the SA Clone defeats my "stick with the movie canon" toy theory, they didn't have blasters in Ep2, they had "rifles". This doesn't change the fact that I still want many of this cool figure....:bored:

Darth Alex
06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
If a letter gets mailed to Hasbro and no one reads it, is it really a letter? :ermm:
:bored: No, sadly, the letter gets TRANSFORMED(tm) into a....wait for it....missed....financial....opportunityyyyy!

No wonder Hasbro's stock has been basically cut in half since 1999.:neutral:

Jay86
06-04-2004, 03:46 PM
For that matter, I still don't have Fisto or Tin from CW wave 3....and this whole situation is actually changed my mind to NOT buying them.
Kit and Tin look cool and if they are like that in Ep3, well, I'll go back and hunt em down. I know you said you're not looking for Kit or Saessee anymore, but I was just checking ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline (http://www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com/) and they've got them both for $5 each. So if you decide to reconsider then there you go. This is where I got mine (along with plenty other figures as well). So if you're reconsidering and dont mind buying online then I'd recommend buying from them.

Darth Alex
06-06-2004, 03:28 PM
I know you said you're not looking for Kit or Saessee anymore, but I was just checking ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline (http://www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com/) and they've got them both for $5 each. So if you decide to reconsider then there you go. This is where I got mine (along with plenty other figures as well). So if you're reconsidering and dont mind buying online then I'd recommend buying from them.
Thanks-for that price, I'll mull it over and probably order em by mid week!
Gotta love SW, if it's cheap enough, I'll buy it.
Now where are those Super Articulated Clones, Hasbro?

B'Omarr Monkey
06-06-2004, 11:19 PM
I used to periodically send my top ten want lists to Hasbro. I always got a response that suggested that the comments and suggestions of fans were taken into consideration when it came to selecting new characters to be made into action figures.

Whether it's true or not, we've gotten some really good offerings from them, including a number that were on my lists.

I also spoke with Hasbro's rep at the San Diego Comic Con about such things as the fact that I was unhappy that I couldn't find recent waves in stores and had to pay $15+ at the con for stuff I should have been able to find at TRU for $5. (This was back during the soft goods waves from Ep. 1 and Watto's box) Obviously that situation was fixed :mad:

When he asked me what characters I wanted to see, I gave Orn Free Taa as a longshot character that i thought would look really cool. We got him.Feel free to heap thanks and appreciations on me at your earliest convenience.

;)

I actually don't think it hurts to write Hasbro and let them know what you want, what's irking you, etc. We all spend a lot of time complaining about them on here, yet none of us are boycotting buying the product, nor do I read about a lot of people writing Hasbro to give them direct, constructive feedback.

I think it's a lot to assume that someone with decision making power at Hasbro is filling their workday with reading through all the posts here. Assuming that they are reading it, why would they do anything to accomodate us, when any little error in paint or packaging earns cries of derision "Hasbro does it again!" or constantly seeing themselves referred to as "Hasblow."

This forum seems to have way more whining and complaining about the product and very little commentary about how happy anyone is with it, so I'm wondering, why are we all still collecting this stuff if all it does is make us feel miserable?

For all the duds like Droid factory Flight R2, and the repackaged commtech Hans (that no one is making you buy again) we've been given a lot of great stuff. I started collecting SW toys with the Kenner earlybird special package, and when the recent line started up again in 1996, I didn't dream we'd ever get R1-G4, Admiral Ozzel, Djas Puhr, or Dagobah Darth Vader, and we've received cooler and more obscure figures than those, yet I rarely see a thread that says "Cloud Car Pilot rocks!" instead it's all "New Bespin Han's Wallet is fifty credit's short--Hasblow strikes again."

Just think. These figures could all look like the recent "Van Helsing" toys. Sometimes we should be grateful that they don't.

Darth Alex
06-23-2004, 07:08 PM
To continue:
Hasbro, it's gonna be July soon, could someone please re-issue the SA CW Clonetrooper. Please?
$15.99 + shipping from r2dtoys. $19.99, maybe, from Bryan's toys if they get restocked soon.
People will buy em and they'd be a great lead in to Ep3.
Make a army builder 4-pack, $19.99, make 'em a starwarsshop.com exclusive.
Please just put em out again. I might just start army building again then, too!

Darth Alex
06-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Just think. These figures could all look like the recent "Van Helsing" toys. Sometimes we should be grateful that they don't.BTW-you're right about that. How did Frankenstein get 2 different shades between 2 different figures, anyway. And those painted eyes:bored: , horrible.