PDA

View Full Version : The Interactive Video Board Game

stillakid
01-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I've had this game for quite some time but had to wait until my son was old enough to play it. We just finished our first game today. It was pretty interesting. It combines "normal" board play with a real-time video countdown via a VHS cassette that comes with it. While a "clock" counts down the time until the Death Star blows up a planet, Vader pops on screen intermittently to give intructions. The goal is to plant all your explosives on the board before the time runs out (approximately 52 minutes). SSG doesn't have a picture of it as it didn't come with any standard action figures, but I found this link which will show you the parts:

http://www.quasarcomics.com/auction23/images/555.jpg

Has anyone else played this and what did you think?

JediTricks
01-20-2004, 06:40 PM
We actually do have a photo of that somewhere, but I think it's in the features which may or may not be currently unavailable. I miss the SSG features. :(

Anyway, I always wondered about this one, glad to hear it was fun. Sounds like Hasbro would be smart to revamp it as a DVD thus giving it more on-screen options, after all, their last gasp is only a year away.

stillakid
01-20-2004, 07:47 PM
We actually do have a photo of that somewhere, but I think it's in the features which may or may not be currently unavailable. I miss the SSG features. :(

Anyway, I always wondered about this one, glad to hear it was fun. Sounds like Hasbro would be smart to revamp it as a DVD thus giving it more on-screen options, after all, their last gasp is only a year away.

Who's last gasp?