PDA

View Full Version : Kashyyyk Officially Confirmed!

Battle Droid
01-19-2004, 07:45 PM
From, www.theforce.net

Episode 3 Rumors Confirmed
Mon, Jan 19, 04 01:16:45 PM EST

Edmund Chamberlain found the following text on the Official Site ( http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/item-detail/12247 ) for the upcoming game "Republic Commando". Highlight to read:
Expected for release summer 2004, Star Wars: Republic Commando will present a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players will step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience.Some teams of Republic Commandos fighting side by side with Wookiees on Kashyyyk before the major Separatist invasion of that planet in the film happens. Expected for release summer 2004, Star Wars: Republic Commando will present a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players will step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience.

Bring on the Wookiees!

Pendo
01-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Hmmm :), could be cool to see Kashyyyk. Hopefully it won't look the same as the forest moon of Endor. I want to see Chewie swing across vines like he did in the Battle of Endor. Hopefully this time without the Tarzan scream :)!

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Boy howdy, I hope we get to hear Wookiees speak for twenty minutes!

Not a good idea, eh? ;)
Anyway, this sounds good. I kinda figured it woulda happened anyway.

TheDarthVader
01-22-2004, 12:33 AM
One Word: SWEET!

I have been wanting to see this ever since ROTJ was supposed to have the planet of the Wookies; not the planet of the Ewoks. :rolleyes:

THIS IS GOING TO BE COOL! :cool:

The 'Xir
01-23-2004, 12:53 AM
Hopefully, Chewie will lose at something! ;) That way we can finally see him ripping peoples arms off! :D Oh yeah he loses his freedom! :( Well then we should definitely see some apendages flying! :D

jedi master sal
01-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see him beating a Clonetrooper over the head with the arm he just severed from him! Graphic yes, but the prequels have been to timid for their battle scenes so far. MORE BLOOD!...

jad
01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm very excited about seeing this planet. I've always thought it would be a very cool and visually interesting location.

To get an idea of what it might look like you can check out the Knights of the Old Republic video game. Kassyyk is in it, and it's quite cool. Although it does take place 4000 years ago or something so the wookies aren't super advanced. Rumors I've read state that the wookies employ technology along with they're natural surroundings. So imagine some sort of computer built into trees. The rumors also say that the wook's use creatures as steads as well as speeders. That would kinda go along with chewie being a good pilot. It would be cool to see hiim pulling some cool manuevers with an airspeeder or something.

-Durge-
01-28-2004, 09:22 PM
I too are very exited. Maybe we will see the Wookie King that will be in Episode III.:)

Darth Kirk
02-09-2004, 10:56 PM
I certainly hope George uses some of his archival footage that he has kept for all these years of Kashyyk.. Ya know, the time we visited Chewie's home world during the 1978 Star wars Christmas Special.. I can not believe there were no Emmy's handed out for such a stupendous special.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Do you think we will see other Wookies such as a Wookie Warrior. Wookie King??

Darth Kirk
02-10-2004, 12:57 AM
OK, this is absolutely true, But does everyone here know that we all have have had the opportunity to have seen Chewie's family.. I am NOT kidding when I say, Mala (Chewie's wife), Lumpy !?! (Chewie's son) and Itchy !!??!! (Chewie's gramps) in the aforementioned XMAS Special.. I guess I would like to see them again.. I guess I wouldn't be able to see Lumpy, because the events in the Xmas Special took place about 20 years after the events of Episode 3, so I would have to settle for Mala and Itchy??!! Yea, why not, I wouldn't mind seeing the Warrior and the King too.. sigh, what the heck was Lucas smokin'?? :confused:

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Sweet as, hopefully we will see a warrior and a King.

Pendo
02-10-2004, 05:45 AM
Sweet as, hopefully we will see a warrior and a King.
We will :).

PENDO!

Darth Kirk
02-10-2004, 12:38 PM
What about Malla and Itchy.. Please Pendo, tell me we will see them tooo.. PLEASE!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

We will :).

PENDO!

Pendo
02-10-2004, 01:44 PM
What about Malla and Itchy.. Please Pendo, tell me we will see them tooo.. PLEASE!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
LOL I don't know anything that specific sos. But the official site has shown a wookie on the webcam which they titled "Wookie King". I also know that there is a big battle with loads of wookies :D.

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 09:54 PM
LOL I don't know anything that specific sos. But the official site has shown a wookie on the webcam which they titled "Wookie King". I also know that there is a big battle with loads of wookies :D.

PENDO!Did the "Wookie King" look different and Royal?