PDA

View Full Version : Carded Images: Holo Luke, Lando: Skiff Guard, & Rappertunie

Beast
01-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Here you go, someone has them up on Ebay right now. And we know the numbers now for the Jabba's Palace Wave. :)

Lando: Skiff Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3170792397)
Luke: Holographic Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3170792385)
Rappertunie EBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3170792392)

[#07] Lando Calrissian: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#08] Rappertunie: Jabba's Palace
[#09] J'Quille: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#10] Tanus Spijek: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#11] Holographic Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Silent Chazz
01-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Well Im fairly dissappointed in the Luke. What ever happened to Flaired Sabers? I Actually the flaired saber designs.

Jargo
01-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Well like I kept telling people Rappertunie is bigger than you think. Fantastic looking figure though. If i don't buy anything else ythis year i'll buy Rappertunie. Wicked looking figure!

jedibear
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
....boy, this year's collection might pass up POTJ for best assortments of secondary or better characters!
I'm also not minding the resculpts when they improve on the earlier versions as the Lando looks to (less bulked out...)
here's hoping I can find 'em up here....

Kidhuman
01-19-2004, 08:30 PM
They look awesome. Rappertunie is outstanding. Agreed Jargo, if you buy one it should be him. Luke is ok, I am getting tired of seeing his mug though. He hasnt been in a prequel mvie, and he has a ton of figures. Hasbro should stop making Lukes and focus on other characters.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
These figures look fantastic. According to my KEBco account, i should be getting them in a week or two, as i've been charged for them. Can't wait!!! cheers!!! :D

stillakid
01-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Looks like I'll be pulling the rest of the Jabba band out for display soon. I've been looking forward to Rappertunie for a long time. :)

What's with Luke? He doesn't look very "holographic."

Silent Chazz
01-19-2004, 11:40 PM
I know its weird. However, I hope the rumored Ghost Ben has the same effect instead of the crap that we got as the Solid Blue ghosts a long time back.

Kidhuman
01-20-2004, 04:53 AM
I like the old holographic Ben figure. I think the solid blue looks pretty sweet. This new Luke one doesn't look to transparent. The more I look at it the less I like it.

bobafrett
01-20-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm digging the Rappertunie! That is one sweet looking figure!

arctangent
01-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Rappertunie looks great and will go nicely with the other band members on my jabba's palace shelf.

i wasn't going to bother with the skiff guard lando as i have the old potf version but i might just change my mind because that too looks really good.

jedi luke hologram, however, looks crap to me, so i won't bother with him. and why the non-holographic lightsaber? he wasn't holding a lightsaber when giving his holographic message to jabba and you can't really do anything with it. what is the point?

stillakid
01-20-2004, 08:43 AM
why the non-holographic lightsaber? he wasn't holding a lightsaber when giving his holographic message to jabba and you can't really do anything with it. what is the point?

This goes in the same category as why they gave all the earlier figures two guns to carry. Even the Botanist Hammerhead. Tarkin even got a gun.

Maybe Holographic people are just in a different dimension in the Star Wars universe, so they can fight each other. :D

jjreason
01-20-2004, 08:51 AM
More great figures. This could turn out to be a banner year. Rappertunie is just perfect, though maybe a little bright in the colour department. Cool accessories!

JEDIpartner
01-20-2004, 09:07 AM
These figures look fantastic. According to my KEBco account, i should be getting them in a week or two, as i've been charged for them. Can't wait!!! cheers!!! :DThey'll probably be shipping in mid to late February. These have only been on here for a couple days. I haven't even gotten the Ahmed Best/Hoth Luke wave yet. Those should be shipping at the end of this week... I hope! They just added the newest figures to our accounts so they could make their orders for Hasbro. :(

Anyhow... they look fine enough. Hologram Luke is a little strange. I'm not quite sure what aesthetic they were going for but it's completely off. Oh, well...

JEDIpartner
01-20-2004, 09:09 AM
This goes in the same category as why they gave all the earlier figures two guns to carry. Even the Botanist Hammerhead. Tarkin even got a gun.

Maybe Holographic people are just in a different dimension in the Star Wars universe, so they can fight each other. :D
Don't forget... Obi-Wan was shown igniting his lightsaber in a the hologram transmission from Geonosis...

This could happen in a post ROTJ mission that Luke goes on... if you were to make up your own story and play it out with the action figures! :)

arctangent
01-20-2004, 09:51 AM
This goes in the same category as why they gave all the earlier figures two guns to carry.

and i still can't get my lak sivrak to hold either of his!

Even the Botanist Hammerhead.

perhaps his double barrel blaster rifle was actually a cunningly disguised watering can. either that or it was to blow the crap out of people trampling on his beloved plants!

arctangent
01-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Don't forget... Obi-Wan was shown igniting his lightsaber in a the hologram transmission from Geonosis...

This could happen in a post ROTJ mission that Luke goes on... if you were to make up your own story and play it out with the action figures! :)

at least obi-wan's lightsaber looked like part of the hologram in aotc. this one is green for goodness sake! :confused:

stillakid
01-20-2004, 11:45 AM
if you were to make up your own story and play it out with the action figures! :)

Play?...wha? Huh? I don't get it. :confused:

;)

Beast
01-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Also, remember that Hasbro has recieved flack in the past for not giving some figures their signature weapons. Even if they don't use them in the specific scene. Remember all the complaints about the Luke: X-Wing Pilot in POTJ. They caught a lot of crap from collectors like us over the lack of the saber inclusion. Even though it was based on the ANH Luke, who never had or used his saber in that film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Cant wait for this wave.

Kidhuman
01-20-2004, 02:36 PM
What about SC Anakin???? When did he whip out his lightsaber? Killed the priest atfer he pronounced them Man and Wife?

My thoughts are this on weapons:

If you are going to make a scene specific figure, make it to the scene. Dont give them needless weapons. Luke doesnt need a lightsaber, Anakin didnt need one, and where oh where did Hammermhead conceal that thing?

stillakid
01-20-2004, 04:58 PM
and where oh where did Hammermhead conceal that thing?

Under his robes...heh heh heh. :beard:

Banthaholic
01-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm glad to see a lightsaber included with holo Luke. Even is the scene doesn't call for it. It's an extra weapon. There so easy to loose and break that having an extra around isn't such a bad & evil thing. To some Hasbro is darned if they don't and darned if they do, they just can't seem to win :)

I really like how '04 is shaping out. all these obscure characters, they're starting to make me forget about how great POTJ was.

arctangent
01-21-2004, 04:24 AM
I'm glad to see a lightsaber included with holo Luke. Even is the scene doesn't call for it. It's an extra weapon. There so easy to loose and break that having an extra around isn't such a bad & evil thing. To some Hasbro is darned if they don't and darned if they do, they just can't seem to win :

troobs, banthaholic, although i doubt anyone would have complained if holographic luke hadn't come with a lightsaber.

i guess you are right about having a spare lightsaber, though.