PDA

View Full Version : Who Has the Most Peg-Warmers?

tgr3328
01-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Let's have a contest to see who has the worst peg-warmer story. In this case, let's see who has seen the largest number of a single peg-warming figure in one place.

My local Walmart has four pegs for basic figures. Each one is crammed with seven Zam Wesells. That makes twenty-eight. I saw at least four more on the top self, making a grand total of thirty-two Zams in one store!

There must be other topics along this line that we could discuss as well, such as oldest or most bizarre peg-warmer. We can at least laugh about it until some new figures actually arrive.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Well, my Wal-Mart has nothing but 26 Palpatines. At least Zam is an interesting figure that can do more than stand and fold her hands. :p

We ought to tell Hasbro or Wal-Mart to clear out their pegwarmers, like they did last year. Get rid of everything from 2002 and early 2003, or at least put them on clearance in a different aisle.

Turbowars
01-20-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't know which figures are there, but my TRU has 6 pegs that are about 8 deep. Pretty bad!:dev:

Silent Chazz
01-20-2004, 08:30 PM
For about a whole year, my Walmart had like 15 Bespin Vaders (2002 Saga) pegwarming in their very small (like 4 Pegs worth) SW section. A WHOLE YEAR.

Kidhuman
01-20-2004, 08:42 PM
I've typed it a booku, My Wal-MArt has about 6 Padme Arena's Hanging there. They finally sold off the 5 Endor Troopers during X-mas.

28 Zam's ...........still laughing

B'Omarr Monkey
01-20-2004, 09:26 PM
My TRU has, I think, eight pegs. Of those pegs 3 are empty. One has three Lott Dods, another has 1 Lott Dod and 1 Teemto Pagalies. One peg has 1 Han Alderaan and 1 Anakin Tatooine Ambush. 2 pegs have a total 0f 10 Zuttons. It may not be as much as 36 Zam Wessel's, but I think in terms of dust gathering , it might be the worst.

My KB has a four foot wide section of shelving full of nothing but the very first wave of AOTC figures; Orn Free Ta, Endor rebel, Obi-Wan Coruscant, Djas Puhr, Han Endor, Jango, Jango, Jango, C-3PO snap on armor, etc.

K-Mart has 2 Zam Wessels which they've had since AOTC came out, and have subsequently gotten nothing new.

Wal-Mart has nothing on any pegs, so I guess theirs are the least warm.

plasticfetish
01-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I saw a very, very, very dusty Lak Sivrak at Target tonight.

One of the Wal-Marts near me has 4 pegs FULL of just Coruscant Attack Padmés and Bespin Guards. Full price, no discount and they're not going anywhere.

jjreason
01-21-2004, 03:01 AM
My TRU has at least 60 SW figures on the pegs, and a fairly good sized setup. The newest wave represented is the above noted Darth Bespin group. Tons of Tusken Moms and other April 14, 2002 fare. Nothing representing 2003, as that store didn't get more than 1 case worth last year. Might be time to consider dropping the price a buck or six.

spacelord
01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I've been to a TRU with 9 pegs of Preview Zam, droid and Jango figures. They have been there through all the moves and resets. I think the cards have actually melted into the pegs by now. They also have a small assortment of Episode I watches that they move around between the starwars section, the role play section and the clearance aisle.

Dark Marble
01-21-2004, 07:07 PM
The Toys R Us that is closest to me has about 60 royal guards and they have been building ranks since Episode II opened. I would buy a gang of them if they ever went on clearance. But it doesn't look good.

Kidhuman
01-21-2004, 07:47 PM
One TRU I have been to had about 5 million Jango Pilots on the pegs. Well really about 30, but who was counting

mtriv73
01-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Around here, we either have Lott Dodd's or no figures whatsoever. TRU has at least 15. Wal-mart finally got rid of theirs, but haven't replaced them with any new figures. Target has 8 pegs with 1 figure.

plasticfetish
01-22-2004, 12:55 PM
One of the Wal-Marts near me has 4 pegs FULL of just Coruscant Attack Padmés and Bespin Guards. Full price, no discount and they're not going anywhere.
Just an update... though the same Wal*Mart still has (and I counted) 28 Padmés, they've gone and marked the POTJ Bespin Guards down to $1.50 and only have 7 or 8 left.

jedi master sal
01-22-2004, 02:44 PM
One of my Wal Marts had 32 Royal Guards from 4/23 up until Christmas. They still had 10 left after Christmas. you'd think they would have had the brains to clearance these and get new figures in.

Rerally, in almost a years time, they could have had three dozen new types of figures in and many fresh cases. I complained TWICE to their customer service number and never received any word back. (That's why I boycotted WM for 3 months) Even now I shop there only when needed, which thankfully is becoming much less.

Anybody wonder if reps from these companies check out collecting sites like these?

Think about this, we know months in advance what's coming out. We even know the case assortment AND case number. Alot of us post our desires from those upcoming figures and it's pretty easy to tel which cases/indivual figures will sell well for a time. The retailers don't need to order so many of one case but of course they wouldn't get as good of a bulk rate price if they didn't and Hasbro from what has been posted just sends they're customers (the retail chains) cases without regard to which store has gotten what.

Example:

WalMart orders 10,000 cases. They don't have a say as to how many of which case is ordered, hence the apparent over stock of pegwarmers. Hasbro sees this big order and fills much of it immediately with figures they are currently producing without thinking about the fact that they will have new figures being manufactured later. All we the consumers see is the same old stuff and complain about it. Either the retailer knows the problem but they're hands are tied by Hasbro distribution or they don't care.

In this example 10,000 cases doesn't have to mean RIGHT NOW, but rather a good mixture or fresh cases. A good toy department manager (any retail store) would listen to his employees to see what's selling and what's not, plus check on his stock of product as well to confirm what consumers and his employees are saying. A good retail company would take comments from the managers and order appropriately and a good manufacturer would shipp what is desired as opposed to just filling an order blindly to make up for the fact that they over produced.

this would work for any line and not just toys. There are specific buyers for each retail chain that buys only specific products from manufacturers. The manufacturers wouls do better to take notice of what's desired as opposed to making enough to fill a quota deemed by the corporate management.

If retail chains like WalMart, Target, TRU and KB's would band together, they could mightily impress upon the likes of Hasbro to give them what the average eveyday consumer wants.

Sadly this is what would happen in a more perfect world but alas we do not live in one.

Okay, I've rambled enough, can you tell I'm sick of pegwarmers.
(Side note-this goes for rehashes as well!!!)

Last piece of advice for Hasbro/Retailers---Make and stock ALOT of army builders!!!! You only need look to the Clone Wars line to see what that did for retailers and Hasbro!

Couldn't keep in stock!

Devo
01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
I hate hearing about pegwarming figures in shops overseas THAT I DON'T HAVE!!!! :frus: :frus:

I want that dust-covered Lak Sivrak!!

angellus
01-22-2004, 04:23 PM
The Wal-Mart closest to me has had the same four Jango Fett Pilots for about three months now. I move them around and hang them on a different peg about once a week, just to give the Star Wars aisle something resembling a fresh look.

And my nearest TRU has 36 Amidala Royal Decoys....and that's it. I counted today and there wasn't one other figure on the pegs. 36! That's 36 more reasons why Hasbro can kiss my a*#!!!

jjreason
01-22-2004, 04:31 PM
My Zellers is sitting on about 20 Saga figures from 2002 as well. Geo battle Padme (arm swinging distraction feature), Orn Free Ta, Senator Jar Jar, etc. They also have 2 Padme's from the first wave of Episode I figures!!!!

"CLEAR THEM OUT. ALL OF THEM."