PDA

View Full Version : J'Quille Carded and Quality Holo Luke Carded Pics

SirSteve
01-21-2004, 03:30 AM
I just posted J'Quille carded and also updated the other Holographic Luke wave carded figures with better quality pictures. Check out the homepage for the links.

Beast
01-21-2004, 04:14 AM
J'Quille looks good. Glad they fixed the paint on his fur to be consistant. The prototype version had lighter colored fur and actually didn't match. But, it was a prototype for a reason. Rest of them look great also. Luke still looks a bit wonky, but well....clear holo blue wouldn't have been movie accurate. So this is better then that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-21-2004, 11:30 AM
I like them both. Im especially excited about JQuille. Luke looks odd, but he is "holographic" after all. I just wonder why he has his lightsaber with him. The holographic figure sure would look funny weilding it around Jabbas palace.

droidekas2
01-21-2004, 11:56 AM
I am very excited about this wave!!

Creatures and funky aliens!!

Can' wait until I get these to add to my Jabba's palace diorama.

Reefer Shark
01-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Sweet! Great looking figures, Luke is the weakest of the wave IMO, but still a cool figure & I'll still be buying him.

One thing I really like about Hasbros newer releases is that they all seem to come with a stand - gotta love that!

AmanaMatt
01-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I am not real happy with this, in part due to the sculpted fur - kinda off for this one. The joints are way too noticeable.

Kidhuman
01-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Well at least we can see thge holographic parets of luke a little better. I still dont like how they made the color difference with his vest and all. J'quille lookls pretty good.

rbaumhauer
01-21-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm only picking up Lando from this wave - don't care for the Holo figures in general, not going for Shawda Ub since he's from the SE (still a nice figure, though - almost nice enough for me to ignore the SE bit), and I'm very underwhelmed by the sculpted fur and overly obvious joints on the aliens. These were poorly-done "men in fur suits" in the movie, and that's exactly what the figures look like.

Beast
01-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, like I mentioned elsewhere people had kittens when Hasbro didn't give the POTJ Luke: X-Wing Pilot based on his ANH appearance a lightsaber. Ever since then they always try to give their characters some accessory. The only one that works for most Luke's is his lightsaber. And you can always give it to a different Luke.

As for the J'Quille looking like a poorly-done man in a fur suit, well like you said he was. I'd rather have Hasbro sculpt the figure realistically from the movie. Instead of taking liberties for the figure to make them look better then the costumes. As for the articulation hurting the sculpt, I don't think it looks -that- bad. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
01-21-2004, 03:34 PM
I was completely against a Skiff Guard Lando resculpt until I saw this. Daaaaaaaaaaaaayum!! Awesome!

They all look absolutely gorgeous. Hasbro is slowing restoring my confidence in SW figures. lol

But what's with the bio on Rappertunie saying that his staying behind saved his life? Though details differ, all EU sources (which Hasbro seems to be dipping into for these bios) agree that the three core members who went on the Sail Barge survived.

plasticfetish
01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
They all look super and I can't wait to find them. It's great looking at the card back and seeing ALL nice figures for once. Right on!