PDA

View Full Version : Ewok Glider

Banthaholic
01-21-2004, 07:08 PM
GH has posted a story about a possible Ultra ewok glider, with photo.

Kidhuman
01-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Well, well well, I have heard it was rumored for an ultra set. Maybe it will be with the Endor Wave.

kool-aid killer
01-22-2004, 12:42 PM
I hope this rumor comes out being true. I wouldnt mind another one to go along with my Ewok from the Endor planet piece that came out a few years ago. Hopefully the Ewok would have a different fur color.

Tycho
01-22-2004, 03:25 PM
More Ewoks!

I want for sure:

Chief Chirpa
Lumat
Paploo (resculpted/carded)
Warrok
Romba
Mother w. Wokling
"the Death's Head" Ewok

and 1-2 more of a good variance (sculpt as well as paint job) would satisfy me.

Ewoks are cool guys. Get it straight!

I want more Ewoks.

'Niub-Niub. Beecha Niub-Niub. Dee woon chee gotchya chee go dee bob ya dee gupaah."

"Doh-ah. Beecha Dooo-yah. Dee woon chee gotchya yee gook dee bob ya dee-juu-ah."

"Dun chee gotchya yee gook. Dun chee gotchya yee gook. Dee japaa dee-juu-ah."

jjreason
01-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I like them too. I'd be happy to get a new glider as well as the above mentioned critters. Just not all at the same time, Hasbro.......

Beast
01-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Actually the rumored Ultra set was the Ewok 2-Pack, with Catapult. Unless that's changed now, and it's going to be an Ewok 2-Pack w/ Glider. That could work. I'd love to see them do Chief Chirpa as one of the figures in the pack. And then put the Ewok w/ Glider in as the second Ewok. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Well the picture looks prettymuch like what I was expecting. I am happy with it. I really want a Wokkling though.

Silent Chazz
01-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Well, If Hasbro could make a Tusken Mom with Child, I'm sure they can make a Ewok with Wokkling. Lets hope it's soon though.

Turbowars
01-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm surprised Hasbro didn't rehash the Complete Galaxy one.

Kidhuman
01-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I thought the Woklings and MOmma were coming out as well????????

Silent Chazz
01-22-2004, 08:09 PM
I thought the Mom with Wokling was only a rumor.

Beast
01-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Actually, Hasbro mentioned Chirpa and the Mom w/ Wokling to Galactic Hunter last year at one of the Comic Cons. So, either plans changed or they didn't know what they were talking about. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Silent Chazz
01-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Ahh, I see now.

Beast
01-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Hasbro confirmed the Ewok w/ Glider set on the Official Site today No other figure in the set, so we're still in need of Chief Chirpa and Mama w/ Wokling that Hasbro mentioned last year. Maybe there will be another Ewok wave at the end of the year. :)

INTRODUCING NEW ULTRA EWOK FIGURE FOR SPRING 2004!

Here’s the first official glimpse of the new Ultra Ewok figure from the Assault on Endor, which will be available in late spring 2004. This Ewok figure has never been done before, and is a new sculpt!

Ewok with Attack Glider:
The Ewoks are sentient furred bipeds native to the moon of Endor. They cautiously accept into their tribe the Rebel heroes Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, who have come to Endor on a crucial mission against the Empire. The Ewoks join forces with the Rebels and help them in the ground battle to destroy the shield generator that is protecting the Empire’s second Death Star in orbit above the moon. The Ewoks use their primitive weapons and hang gliders to fell stormtroopers and attack scout walkers, helping to pave the way to victory at the Battle of Endor. Ewok includes an attack Glider, Spear, and Rock bombs.

Coming next month…
Don’t miss the first look of Unleashed Bossk in the Star Wars Insider #74 in February!
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.997/dn/default.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Was just checking out some pictures. And it seems that this basically removes 'Warok' from the list of figures that needs to be done. Red 6 and other reliable sources list Warok as the Glider Pilot. But the Vintage Warok figure doesn't match the character that is the Glider Pilot. Here's a couple pictures as evidence. :)

http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Endor/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-23-2004, 08:35 PM
So, for those that can't get the stupid hasbroken website to load, has anyone actually saved the picture that they could post here? Or at least link to the actual full sized picture not the article or the thumbnail sized picture. The full dealio. cheers.

Tycho
01-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Emperor Jargo: I attached Hasbro's picture at the bottom.

Now I must rant:

1) More Ewoks are good.

2) A momma and a Wokling (never made before) are great.

3) the idea here is to have a lot for a closer-to-authentic Endor diorama

4) the remake of Ewoks they did in the vintage KENNER era are a priority:

Warok
Romba
Lumat
Paploo RESCULPT
Chief Chirpa

Wicket, Logray, and Teebo were done, though wicket was off-scale and should've been smaller - though it's a good figure so I don't really care.

5) It looks like (from Red 6's page that JarJar linked to) that Keolkeech is the Death's Head Ewok I'm so fond of referring to. I think he's likely the Ewok the 12" Collection was going for in their 2-pack with Logray, and I think he's one of the most interesting Ewoks there was. He looks like HE could kick a stormtrooper's butt (even if the rest don't). Now I'm not sure if it is Keolkeech that I'm so fond of - the Ewok I like is the one with the unusual skull piece on his head, just behind Princess Leia, when she emerges from the hut to find her boyfriend on the main course for dinner. That Ewok (if it is Keolkeech or not) is totally cool!

Yeah - I think it is Keolkeech. Well I want his figure! I want all of them I listed above. 1-2 more than that would be borderline excessive. More than that before Podracers and other stuff gets done, would be downright stupid.

But for right now, bring on about 5-8 more Ewoks!

Here's your picture Jargo:

Jargo
01-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Thank you. :)

jjreason
01-23-2004, 10:49 PM
That looks like a great figure set. I really hope they wind up looking like that upon arrival, I'll be very content. Just super.

Beast
01-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Tycho, technically the figure coming with the glider is 'Warok'. It appears that Kenner back in the day just slapped a Ewok design on a card with the name Warok. Just look at Red 6 and the Decipher card for evidence. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
01-24-2004, 04:07 AM
Nice looking set. Looks like another purchase.

Jargo
01-24-2004, 05:25 AM
Who gives a hoojab I say it's a darn furball and glider and it's about time too. Like any of the goofball movie hairballs ever had names. Even C-3PO never translates any of them into names, no-one ever calls them by name. extreme sports warrior Ewok would do as far as I'm concerned. I'm just sick to the back teeth of any and all obscure character getting some lousy hokey made up name just for the sake of it. Decipher and Red6 are hardly the utmost authority on these maters anyway. And the people who should know at LFL don't know and don't seem top give a rats patooey aout it anyway just so long as it's all bringing home the bacon.

Tycho
01-24-2004, 05:38 AM
Been looking at Red 6's page:

Perhaps KENNER made some mistakes back in the day:

The Lumat figure looks more like Wuta.

And what they carded as Warrok looks like Tamat.

I doubt Red 6 got these wrong.

The best way for Hasbro to correct the mistake and remake all the vintage is to add Tamat and Wuta to their lists and just make all of them.

With the Mother/Wokling counting as one, that's 7 more, plus my Death's Head Ewok (Keolkeech) that I want so bad... 8

8 + 3 we already have, oh... and that extra one from the Complete Galaxy set, and we'll have 12 altogether. A DOZEN EWOKS or 4 more than in the vintage days - and that's fine by me. That'll be enough.

Yub-nub.

Banthaholic
01-24-2004, 11:37 AM
I advise people to use Red 6's 'official' names with a grain of salt. Yes it is a fun site, and no I'm not knocking it at all, there area few mistakes on it.
What am I talking about? Undel Galactic empire, look under Imperial VIP's, the name of the now know Imperial Dignitaries are wrong.
IT's great site, has a lot of fun pictures, but there are known mistakes too.

Kidhuman
01-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Iagree with Jargo. Backin the vintage days, Hammerhead wasnt Momaw Nadon, nor was it Ponda baba and Zutton. Just call em Ewoks, buig one with stripes. Short dark Ewok. Leader Ewok and so on. Maybe I wanna call him Joey for some reason??????????????

rbaumhauer
01-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Jumping off from Jargo and kidhuman's posts, this is actually one of the things that's irritated me for, oh, about 15 years now - the over-detailing of background characters from the movies. When I was a kid (Star Wars came out when I was 10), the Star Wars Galaxy felt HUGE - there were all these weird characters just walking around in the background, living their lives, and for the main characters, this was obviously totally normal. It felt like a BIG place, with room for whatever stories your imagination came up with.

Ever since the original West End Games RPG came out, though, there has been a steady stream of products giving us detailed backstories for all those background characters we saw, and it seems like every one of them was a spy for the Empire, or secretly working for the Rebellion because the Empire killed his daddy, or some variation. Along with Lucas' decision that Star Wars was really just about two generations of the Skywalker clan, and the EU novels (ie, Lando identifying some guy by the smell of his pipe tobacco!), the Galaxy Far, Far Away feels more like a small town, and that's been a big disappointment for me.

I wish they'd just let background characters BE background characters - trying to over-dramatize all of their "stories" is silly. Think about it - for every person living a larger-than-life Life, how many people are just shipping clerks, or receptionists, or customer service reps, or IT guys? Most people don't live big, dramatic lives, but they sometimes witness big, dramatic events. That doesn't mean we need to know their life stories, or even their names.

For me, they will always be Hammerhead, Walrus Man, and Snaggletooth - they don't have a backstory for me, and they don't need one.

Beast
01-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Eh, I like the names and backgrounds. After all, Jargo's always rambling off on his Yarna D'al Gargan. When she's just a background character with no name. I'd rather have some names and some background, then some cheesy descriptive trait being used as a name. And remeber, most of the Ewok's were named officially by LFL. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
01-24-2004, 06:23 PM
But JJB, that would be like giving you a name. We all know you as JJB, but to call you Carl or Harry would be odd. I would still call you JJB just on principal alone.

Tycho
01-24-2004, 07:22 PM
This is in response to rbaumhauer - and it's just a joke to be taken lightly. I just felt like getting creative here:

My name is Joe - well, actually, just ignore that. My name's not important.

I'm an air conditioning repair guy with ACME Ventilation Systems and I was hired to do some contract work on the Death Star.

I have a wife and 3 kids, and an adopted Wookiee - but that's not really important either.

I was going to be working on the Death Star's heating and cooling systems about a day after Alderaan.

What a day man!

First thing, our company dispatcher said the Death Star was in the Raltiir system, so I left with enough fuel in my little runabout ship with just enough fuel to get there and back. We get a company allowance for fuel and stuff, but I usually find a way to skim some off that by not using my full allowance, and I can pick up some Ryll Spice or something for the road with my unused balance. So far so good.

Well I head in Core-ward, only to find that the Death Star's not there. I used up half the fuel for my return flight already, just trying to take the long way around what they left of the mess the Empire made of Alderaan. My ship doesn't have the speed, manueverability, or the fire power for an asteroid run - hey -it's what you get for company issue.

So I call dispatch and they call up Admiral Motti's secretary. A while later while I'm sitting on the edge of the asteroid belt trying not to get hit by rocks, dispatch calls me back and tells me that my job's now in the Yavin System...

Wonderful.

OK - I have enough fuel to make it, but the Empire's going to have to comp me for my return flight or I'm stuck there. Hopefully Motti will be accomodating, but dispatch told me that he's in a bad mood these days because Vader and the Grand Moff are on the station checking over his shoulder every minute.

This shouldn't be my problem. I'm just the air conditioning guy that some low-rank staffer called to fix some problem they were having with an exhaust port.

I should stop there for a moment, because it's really a fascinating side-trip to tell you about the modern techniques for improving exhaust ports they have these days. Remember, back at the time of Yavin, we were still just using standard ray-shielding.

LETS STOP HERE FOR A MOMENT AND PAUSE FOR SOME APPRECIATION OF NORMAL, EVERYDAY, BACKGROUND CHARACTERS FROM THE STAR WARS GALAXY, TO ASK THIS VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FROM OUR FANS IN THE VIEWING AUDIENCE:

Should Joe the Air Conditioning Guy get a Hasbro SW action figure?

In the interest of keeping background characters in the background, should we just call the figure Death Star Air Conditioning Guy, or do you guys want him carded as "Joe, THE Death Star Air Conditioning Guy?"

Beast
01-24-2004, 07:27 PM
As an alternative point, should we continue to call 4-LOM, Zuckess. And Vice Versa, Zuckess, 4-LOM. Just because some original figure gave the character the wrong name? And what about those Jabba's Palace characters that arn't named on screen? Names and backgrounds can be incredibly good, especially when us as fans want to convey to hasbro who we want made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rbaumhauer
01-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Tycho - if all the background characters were given stories as well-written and entertaining as Joe's, I would have no problem with them. Alas, most were not, being instead of the horrifically cookie-cutter variety.

Thanks for the effort, though - it was an entertaining read :)

Rick

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 11:41 PM
As an alternative point, should we continue to call 4-LOM, Zuckess. And Vice Versa, Zuckess, 4-LOM. Just because some original figure gave the character the wrong name? And what about those Jabba's Palace characters that arn't named on screen? Names and backgrounds can be incredibly good, especially when us as fans want to convey to hasbro who we want made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksNo but we should call Zuckess, Zuckuss.;)

Kidhuman
01-25-2004, 08:59 AM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Saying Hammerhead worked for 20 years. Same as Walrusman and snaggletooth. The fact that the characters that werent made have names dont bother me. I would be satisfied to call Yarna, Jabbas fat dancer. ALl I'm saying is why change the names? It worked well for 20 years and now a name change. Did they see a murder and go into the Witness Protection Program and get a new identity?

Beast
01-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Then just call them that. Nobody is holding a gun to your head, and making you use these names. For fans that want official names and backgrounds, they have the option. After all, you don't have to call characters the name that's on the card or the website. But some people like it. And again, it does help get ideas across of who we want made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Heck, I like the names that have been given. I think it makes it a bit more interesting. Though I rather have Lucas coming up with the names.