PDA

View Full Version : Your picks for the next batch of Furuta ships

t_smitts
01-23-2004, 01:19 AM
I was delighted to learn recently that Furuta put out another set of ships (especially excited to learn about the Prometheus!)

I was wondering what people would like to see in what I hope will be the third set.

Myself? I'd like to see more ships that were never made as micro machines, either because they were introduced after Galoob ceased production or because they just never got around to it.

Here's my pick:

Enterprise NX-01
Vulcan ship (the first season one, not the second!)
Andorian Ship
Jem'Hadar warship
Breen ship
Merchantman from ST III
Groumall (Gul Dukat's freighter from "Return to Grace")
Akira-class ship
Phoenix
Ru'afo's ship from "Insurrection"
Klingon ship (either the original battle cruiser or the Negh'Var, since I couldn't really think of any other originals)

Most of these, I suppose are long shots (except possibly the NX-01 and Phoenix) since there are a few more familiar ships they haven't done yet but there's my pick.

One more thing: Notice that in neither set have they offered any small ships like shuttles or runabouts (now that I think about it, a Delta Flyer would be nice).

matthewilw
01-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Delta flyer was the first thing that came to mind.
I've never been a big fan of Star Trek, but I've always loved the smaller shuttles (except the Galileo). So I would love to see those made, but my #1 is the delta flyer. I've been looking at getting the ornament version to go with my af collection so if anyone has one they'd be willing to let go please lmk!

good shot jansen
01-23-2004, 12:09 PM
delta flyer would be good. it would probably resemble the hallmark ornament from a year or so ago.

actually i'm not choosey about what furuta should come out with. the detailing of the ships released so far, as well as the applied paint finish are all top notch.

i just hope that they continuing releasing ships which were not made as a toy in any scale such as the equinox.

sicqnus
01-23-2004, 10:09 PM
delta flyer would be good. it would probably resemble the hallmark ornament from a year or so ago.
actually i'm not choosey about what furuta should come out with. the detailing of the ships released so far, as well as the applied paint finish are all top notch.
i just hope that they continuing releasing ships which were not made as a toy in any scale such as the equinox.

Then you will be pleased to see the first pictures of the Enterprise-E by Furuta.

Enjoy !

Furuta StarTrek gashapons/trading kits wave 2 "chaser" :
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/furutaE02.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/furutaE04.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/furutaE05.jpg

good shot jansen
01-24-2004, 07:39 PM
wow! :classic:

that e is stunning!

wow :classic:

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 05:07 AM
Why is it that this nearly MM-sized item looks 5 times as good as the Playmates version? That is SO wrong. This looks mega slick though.

AndyW
01-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Can't wait for this set, bit confused though, as now on j-list they are listing the full set of 10 ships for $74 but when these were first announced back in october I pre-ordered the full set of 10+the chaser ship for $60 +$18 for shipping. Anyone else get an order like mine?

But most importantly, anyone know when these will be in our grubby little hands :D

As for the next wave, some shuttles would be nice, and I would have said an Akira class would be certain.

britcit3
01-30-2004, 02:21 AM
I presume that the release of set 2 is v. imminent.

Has anybody had the dispatch email from J-list yet?

Cheers

BC3