08-19-2001, 03:37 AM
Hi folks,

Zutton is not from ANH but from the Starwars Holiday Special. Check it out!::D

Starfig873
08-19-2001, 07:31 AM
We know....well...most of us know... :D

Eternal Padawan
08-19-2001, 08:46 AM
WHAT?!?!? Zutton but no Bea Arthur?? What is going thru Hasbro's mind???

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 09:29 AM
HASBRO: "We already did Snaggletooth, and almost nobody has been asking for another one... so let's go with that. Say, anybody know how we can incorporate an oversized R2-D2 leg into this figure?" ;)

manji
08-19-2001, 01:17 PM
So does that mean Takeel from the Cantina Aliens Cinema Scene is a remake of the original Kenner Snaggletooth, or is Zutton supposed to be the remake? I hope someone knows because I only collect the figures that were not produced in the original Kenner Star Wars line. I can't afford to buy everything they put out! If Zutton is a remake, that's one I can scratch off my list.

AmanaMatt
08-19-2001, 01:38 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there were 2 Snaggletooths: one fro ANH, the other from the Holiday Special. Takeel, the version we got in the cinema scene, is the ANH one. Zutton, along with the Kenner-styled belt buckle, is from the Holiday Special. AS far as I'm concerned, the both original figs. I do dig the new Zutton over the exsisting Takeel!

Hope this helps

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 02:30 PM
The vintage Snaggletooth was based on the Holiday Special also, but not initially. Kenner first used a b/w pic of Snags from the film, but since they had no clear body reference, they produced the now extremely rare tall, blue Snaggletooth. Lucasfilm saw this inaccuracy and told Kenner to remake the figure and they provided a photo reference from the HS. Thus the corrected Snags was the HS version, just like this new POTJ version. Cool, huh?

My question is, if they were so picky about the accuracy of Cantina aliens then how did the vintage Walrusman slip through the cracks?:D

2-1B
08-19-2001, 02:59 PM
How about the Snaggletooth from RotJ ?

Is he supposed to be the same one from ANH?

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 03:12 PM
Don't start that kind of talk!

Next thing you know we'll have an EU novel about Snaggletooth's journey from his early days in Mos Eisley to his trip to Bepin all the way up to his untimely death on the Sail Barge.:D

JediCole
08-19-2001, 03:49 PM
Ok, here is an overview of "Snaggletooth" and friends. With the possible exception of Episode I, there have been Snaggletooths in every Star Wars film and one TV program.

A New Hope - There were at least two Snags in the Cantina, Takeel and another one, perhaps even more.

Holiday Special - Zutton (as you know).

The Empire Strikes Back - There is a short one in blue which is seen in a microsecond on film and in some items like a folder I had when I was a kid.

Return of the Jedi - A Snaggletooth by the name of Geezum appears in Jabba's palace and on the Sail Barge. I believe that R2 bumps into the hapless Geezum at one point.

Well, there you have it kids, the long history of Snaggletooth. Just like Wedge, he's in every movie, though not always as the same character.

Neo Solo
08-19-2001, 05:03 PM
Zutton was in the Holiday Special? Now this I did not know. I only saw the special once, when it originally aired. I would dearly love to see it again. Anyone know where I can download it? A while back I heard that a site had it to download. With 28.8 I didn't even bother. I'm ready to try now!!

Does anyone know where I can download "The Holiday Special"?

Thanks

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure about downloading it, but my brother bought a copy off of ebay for around $15.

Neo Solo
08-19-2001, 05:25 PM
Is that a copy or was it actually released at some point?

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 06:07 PM
It's a bootleg copy, with the original Kenner toy commercial, I think it's the only way to find it.

GNT
08-20-2001, 01:36 AM
The Blue Snaggletooth is from "the Empire Strikes Back" from Bespin and its a she!!

badtaste
08-20-2001, 03:20 AM
I alway's thought she was sooo sexy, even though she has no breasts.

El Chuxter
08-20-2001, 01:22 PM
Snaggletooth's a she? And therefore a cross-dresser? Have we no role models anymore? :p

puppetboy
08-20-2001, 04:18 PM
There must be a second sniivian in the cantina or at least somewhere in ANH. When I first saw Zutton in the holiday specxial I thought that maybe they mixed up the Takeel mask with another character's outfit, but after seeing closeups of the two characters I noticed that there were differences in the masks. Takeel has a pale with skintone with lightbrown curly hair, and Zutton has a darker brown skintone with darker strait hair and a bald spot on top. And the costumes for the holiday special cantina scene were leftover from ANH, so there must be two of them in the cantina somewhere.

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 02:04 AM
According to the SW Chronicles book, there's only one Snaggletooth in the Cantina scene in ANH, and it's the Takeel figure we have from the 3pack (the book even calls him "Takeel" by name). That mask was reused for the Snaggletooth character (they didn't have the name "Zutton" though) with a different hairpiece. This character is wearing the "Zutton" outfit - that's the one on the new figure - which is different from the "Takeel" outfit in ANH. The book also mentions the mask was reused a few more times in the trilogy, it's the same mask with slight changes.

bluesnaggletooth
08-22-2001, 02:46 PM
Man...I love blue snaggletooth...

bigbarada
08-22-2001, 09:10 PM
Hey GNT, how could the blue Snaggletooth be from ESB when it came out in 79, before the red Snaggletooth?

The blue Snags was simply a mistake by Kenner, who were using a b+w photo of just Snags' face to make the figure. Lucasfilm caught the error and made Kenner change the figure to match the movie version; but they provided a shot from the Holiday Special instead of ANH.

Neo Solo
08-22-2001, 09:16 PM
Yeeaaaah

And Blue Snags was just an after thought by a company called Decipher who made him up on their photoshop and added him into their Customizable Card Game.

Hey Bigbarada. I'm withya. I'm withya.

El Chuxter
08-23-2001, 11:32 AM
There's a blue-clad female Snivvian somewhere on Bespin in ESB. I've never actually caught her in the film, but I've seen stills of her. Her face is definitely not close enough to Takeel, Zutton, or Geezum to be confused with one of them.