PDA

View Full Version : How Many Figures Have You Bought In The Last Month?

Silent Chazz
01-23-2004, 02:57 PM
I was thinking to myself today that I sure have bought a lot of Saga Figures in the last 30 days. I have bought about 36 Figures thanks to Clearances and the what not. How about some of you all?

bobafrett
01-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Seriously, I have never kept count, but they just keep piling up, and now its to a point where I'm going to have to get some more Yaffa blocks (my storage method). I would have to say around 20 in just this past month, but I'ver also purchashed 3 12" Leia on Speeder Bikes since they were clearanced, so that cut into my 3 3/4 inch figure budget. I also got several figures from the online Hasbro contest, but you asked how many have you bought, so those don't count.

Silent Chazz
01-23-2004, 03:10 PM
And Whats crazy is This weekend Im going to that town I keep talking about in Kansas: Liberal, KS. Im hoping they still have SW figs on Clearance OR have new figures from 2004 Waves and I plan on getting 10 more Figs if they are on clearance or 4 if the new stuff is in.

bobafrett
01-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Well the snow is falling here in the Chicagoland area, so I'm staying in, and away from the dangerous roads as much as possible. Good luck on your quest Silent Chazz!

Jargo
01-23-2004, 03:47 PM
big fat zero same as last month and the month before. Technically I'm no longer a collector. However, I'm planning a big spend next month on toys and may just grab some of the stuff I passed over recently. Bail Organa, dignitaries etc. but having a break lets me see the good stuff in amongst the crud. Nice and objective viewpoint. It's saved me a fortune so far. But all that clone wars stuff, dear oh deary me..... *sucks teeth* that's some butt ugly *********!

Old Fossil
01-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Not much, especially in the month of January.

late December purchases:
--Ultra Wampa
--Hoth Luke
--R-3PO
--Hoth Rebel Soldier
--Bail Organa
--Janus Greejatus
--Kren-Blista Vanee
--Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)

January purchases:
--Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV defender) (3rd variant, on clearance at WM)
--Deluxe C-3PO (on clearance at Dollar General)

I'm a bit bored with SW collecting at the moment.

Battle Droid
01-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Two, Deluxe AOTC C-3PO and Deluxe Yoda.

LusiferSam
01-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Zero. The main reasons are: I still can't find any new items, my interest in non-vintage toys (or Legos) is at an all time low because of point one and my interest in TPM and AOTC is about zero.

sith_killer_99
01-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I've actually bought quite a few, mostly clearance stuff:

4X Royal Guards
8X Massiffs
4X Geo Warriors
2X Endor Rebels
1X Clones (3 pack)
1X Imp #2 ($1.18)
1X Achk Med ($1.18)

That's 21 figures, I was all caught up to the Hoth Luke wave before Christmas, so I really haven't needed anything, except the Bar2-D2 wave. :rolleyes:

Hellboy
01-23-2004, 07:10 PM
ZERO I haven't bought anything since well before X-mas due to the fact that all the Targets in my area (which is where I find 95% of all my SW toys) haven't put a single figure on the pegs for over a month now. :frus:

thespar
01-23-2004, 10:56 PM
I havew bought about a dozen.

JediTricks
01-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Since December 1st, I've bought about 15 or so figures, at least 3 of which were on clearance for $1.18 at Target.

Val Da Car
01-24-2004, 01:12 AM
I have bought about 11 figures online (yestertoys)

and 35 single pack figures - Hoth Wave, Jabba Luke & R1-G4 extra for my other friends that wanted them but they were not at the store with me. (including 9 CW animated wave 1)

7 clone wars sets (2 Durge, 2 Clone trooper speeder bike & 3 droid launchers @ 2.48 each)

2 Green A-Wings (almost counts but listed separate due to pack in figure)

almost all from Target

Ack Med & Imp Dig #2 for $1.18!!!!

darthzirock
01-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Let's see ... just the other night I picked up another Emperor for $1.18 at Target. Before that I picked up Achk-Med Beq, Kren Vista-blanee, Bail Organa, Hoth Luke, Ultra Wampa, and R-3PO. I also picked up a second Saga-carded Eeth Koth, because I needed him for a customizing project. And I also managed to snag another basic Durge (he's deaded for a customizing project, too). So, that's ... carry the 7 ... NINE figures in the past month. Actually, that's right around my usual average. I'll be getting the four CW animated figures soon, but I'm not counting those because they are being given to me.

I've decided that 2004 is the year I stop being a completist. I think the Hoth Rebel Trooper looks like garbage, so I'm passing on it. Ultra 3PO I'm not impressed with, so he stays on the pegs, too. I'll get Rieekan, but he's been warming the pegs for awhile now so I'm not afraid of missing out on him. I would pick up another Concept Stormtrooper if I could find one, but so far it appears I'm lucky to have found the two I've got.

Kidhuman
01-24-2004, 04:05 AM
I picked up about 30 figures in the last two months. FInally hit my area and I was at Wally-World when they got put out. Snatched em up and stuck em on lay-a-way. As a matter of fact, I will be picking up the last 8 of em tomorrow. I also picked up some at Target this past weekend for 1.18. Bar2 and R1

Rogue II
01-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Six. All today. Target had Jabba Luke, R1, Bar2-D2, R-3PO, Hoth Luke, and Rebel Hoth Soldier. I saw a lone Brown coat Hoth Han at Walmart earlier this week, but didn't buy it. I have the blue coat version, so I may go back.

I noticed the Jabba Luke can do a pretty good impression of Joe Theisman.;)

plasticfetish
01-25-2004, 12:52 AM
For January, only about 5 figures (R2, R1, 2 Jedi Lukes and another R-3PO.) In December before the holidays, I'd bought a bunch of stuff. Some for myself and others for my son. At this point, I'm pretty happy with what I've found. It seems that distribution's a little light after the holidays, but I'm finding what I want.

Waiting for what's next now...

Silent Chazz
01-25-2004, 01:03 AM
I wish Distribution was better out here. Hoth Rebel Troopers and Human Jar Jars are still Pegwarming from back when the Walmart got ONLY the Hoth Wave in and I bought up 2 Lukes, 2 R-3POs and 2 Kren Blistas. I might have to buy 2 of the Hoth Troopers tomorrow just to help get some SW figs off the shleves so they'd consider ordering more (although Im not too keen on buying The Incredible Shrinking Hoth Midget).

rust
01-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Lesse, I bought:
Dignitary #2
Ultra Riekeen
Yoda & Chian
Aalya Secura
Bariss
Deluxe Clone
Deluxe Flying Geonosian
Ack-Med Beq

And that's it.

Silent Chazz
01-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Well, I ended up getting the two Hoth Troopers So I know have two complete sets of Hoth Wave (whoopdy doo 6 figures! hehehe). I was also able to pick up a 2003 Saga Reissued HoneyBun Leia with New Likeness for $3 on Clearance.

Kidhuman
01-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Well, add 2 more to my list. At 2 dollars apiece at Dollar General, I bought the Yoda and3PO deluxes. So, I guess you could asy four figures then, 2 in each pack)

slick169
01-28-2004, 02:30 AM
12" Lando Skiff Guard
12" Zuckuss
12" Han Solo
12" Imperial Officer
12" Leia with Speederbike
4 Animated Cartoon Figures
1 Clone Wars Yellow Army Pack
1 General Reiken with Viewscreen
1 R2-D2 Jabba's Barge
1 Luke Jabba's Palace
1 Padme Factory Chase
1 Wampa
2 Spider Droids
2 R1-G4 Droids

aceguide
01-28-2004, 09:25 AM
It seems that distribution has improved since the holidays. I've picked up about a dozen from the Hoth and Jabba waves.

Still looking for Clone Wars series 2.

mtriv73
01-28-2004, 11:17 AM
I haven't seen anything new except the jedi 4-pack since before christmas (and it's not from a lack of trying.) I would love to give any retailer my $15 for R1, bar2d2, and Jedi luke, but they don't seen to want it. Around here there is nothing on the pegs.

slick169
01-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Since Christmas our area has been pretty dry also. I gave up on Walmart. We have several in our area and over the past several months I have found nothing there. They have only a few pegs for Starwars and if your not a scalper that can be there at 6 am when they open you'll find nothing. I have never found one of their exclusives except on eBay. They also no longer carry 12" figures. The local KB has hundreds of pegwarmers, over a year old, that their trying to get rid of at $2.99 each and I was told their store would be closing in a few weeks as I posted in another forum. Ditto for Meijer's never having anything although I did pick up a few leftovers last week. TRU is also a waste. Target has sporadically had figures in stock at various times so I was able to pick up the other items I bought there but its hit and miss. After buying the Leia speederbike at $49.99, and learning of the reduced prices (on this group) I was able to return it and rebuy it for $12.98. I moved about 4 months ago and had a lot of remodeling to do so I had a 4 month gap in collecting and internet use so I've a lot of catching up to do.

Kidhuman
01-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Well SLick, Wal-MArt has been doing resets for there annual after X-mas whatever. I was there tonight and they had the HOth wave out. They also had the Ultra's and some Unleashed figures as well. Looks like thewy are starting to carry more stuff.

slick169
01-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Any word if their going to re-issue the Leia Unleashed. I never saw this one at the store and the Bay prices are ridiculous.

Kidhuman
01-28-2004, 10:26 PM
I dunno buddy, but at Wal-Mart they had Han and Yoda unleashed. Yoda looked pretty sweet and so did Han, but I bought the Halfire droid Lego instead. Couldnt pass it up for 20 bucks.

slick169
01-29-2004, 09:03 AM
I went to the Aurora Walmart at 9p.m. and the department was all being reorganized. There was no place for any S.W. items at all in the action figure area but they did have some clearance pegs with "a lot" of Clone Wars Anakin and Yoda. These were marked down to 2 for $4.00 so I bought 1 of each. What Walmarts do you go to kidhuman?

Dialogus
01-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Very poor distribution over here in Québec City got me a little bit bored so I'm not as "in" as I used to be...

Jumped on the only Spider Droid I've ever seen two weeks ago at TRU. They had also received 3 Super Battle Droid Building Kits and some CW Anakin & Yoda but I passed on all of them (not a completist).

Won a Silver Fett on eBay in December for $20 US shipping included. God I hate to pay that much for a single 2003 fig...damn gotta-have-one syndrome!

Actually I'm more into vintage Battlestar Galactica and Clash of the Titans stuff.