PDA

View Full Version : MOTU fans, please help save the line!

MASTER_JEDI
01-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Hello fellow MOTU fans

As I'm sure you know, the MOTU toyline is in trouble, as well as the cartoon, and comic. But the good people at www.he-man.org are not going to just sit back and watch it die.

So we, MOTU fans, lead by Val Staples, owner and writer of the comic book, are doing ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING we can to asure it's future.. For all of the details, please please take a look...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...5&pagenumber=11

Shortly, there will be a online Petition on the front page here....

www.he-man.org

and if you care whatsoever about the toys,cartoon, or comic book, please please just take the time to sighn it, because we, as the true fans of Masters Of The Universe can only save this line TOGETHER.

Its fast, and free In the link you can also see there will be another 'CALL MATTEL DAY', and EVERYONE really needs to do this

Thanks so much!

Dark_Phoenix
01-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Come on people, do it now!!!

THE Slayer
01-23-2004, 09:46 PM
I did it and so should you!!!

Bandwagon? What bandwagon??

No seriously.

Beast
01-23-2004, 09:57 PM
I would. But the problem isn't the line. The problem is Mattel. And no petition is going to make them wake up and get a clue. They've killed MOTU, nearly killed Batman, Justice League, and Harry Potter. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MASTER_JEDI
01-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I would. But the problem isn't the line. The problem is Mattel. And no petition is going to make them wake up and get a clue. They've killed MOTU, nearly killed Batman, Justice League, and Harry Potter. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes I understand that, but with the entire MOTU fanbase(most of it anyway) getting together to let them know, what if we get figures in the future like Clawful,Webstor,Stinkor,The rest of the Snakes, and the Horde, just by taking 5 seconds to sighn?::)

It really is worth a shot man, we really need to stick together right now, just one signature?:)

jjreason
01-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Man, I feel for your group. When people are resorting to "Buy a Pegwarmer Day" and things of that nature, it just smacks of the toy company's complete and utter failure to create interest in the line. There IS a fine line between too many core characters, and too few to go around - Mattel really missed the mark with the early waves of this collection. There are so many figures that could be remade into excellent additions to the modern collection, but what they should do would cost them a lot less:

Repackage and redistribute the tough-to-find figures from the first few waves in much greater numbers. Get them out there, into the hands of those of us (no longer me, so I guess it's "those") that shopped and shopped and shopped and shopped...... and came home frustrated and disappointed. It wouldn't cost Mattel very much - they've already got the molds and packages made.

I like the characters, I hope it's not too late. Good luck.

Anakin Palpatine
01-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Why don't they stop making jungle attack He-Man and make guys like Webstor and then matbe we'll get some room for the cool toys. Just do what the original line of star wars did and keep making the same basic figures over and over again, but pack He-Man and Skeletor one per three cases so that the kids can still get them. No, instead they make ballroom He-Man, and Raver Skeletor. I'm all for a once and a while re-paint, but the repaints look like ***.

Fine I'll sign it, but I don't have to like what Hasbro id doing with it. I'm just hoping they make a Randor or an actual Moss Man.

The crappy 10 differant Batman suits to one villian is the reason I gave up on Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I know, I've only been collecting for 22 years!!!!!

dr_evazan22
01-24-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm not a He-Man fan and never was. But I have been seeing it in ToyFare and all. I had no idea the line was in trouble. In their Top 10, about 8 of them were He-Men. So, what's going on? I do think the sculpting on the new line is very cool looking tho, like the Keldor and Skeletor fig's.

Good luck!

evenflow
01-24-2004, 09:09 AM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I have to say that every little bit helps. I mean don't give up, even if you are not a fan or dont think it will help. Do it for us, the one's trying to do something. I am a member over at .org, and we are really determined to try to do soemthing. If the line is still canceled and nothing comes of it at least we can say we tried. Just a thought.

kool-aid killer
01-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I dont collect the line but have seen a few of the figs and think they look nice. I feel for you guys though, it would suck to see some cool looking enemies/secondary characters on the tube yet the chances of finding one on your pegs is slim due to too many Skeletors and He-mans being out. JJB is right now that i think about the other lines Mattel has, Batman comes out in nearly ever color in the rainbow with a special suit for everything yet he has no enemies to battle with. Same goes for the JLA, they dont have any enemies either. Good luck MOTU fans.

MASTER_JEDI
01-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words all:)

Here it is, please sighn!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SaveMOTU/petition.html

BTW, also a huge SW collector, and just scored 3 new Wampas! :D And yes, I opened all 3 for a hoth Diorama:)

MASTER_JEDI
01-25-2004, 10:29 PM
please use the link guys:)

http://www.he-man.org/petition/index.php

thespar
01-27-2004, 09:16 PM
I have signed the petition. I will amount i have only 5 so far i would have picked up more but i could not find the ones i what such as Man-E-Face, Ram Man, Two Bad or any of the snake man wave that i wanted. Odd same problem i had with hasbro last year.

Dark Marble
01-28-2004, 09:11 AM
I collected He-figures for about a year until I just couldn't find anything in stores anymore. I really like the line and the sculpts are great, but I think Mattel really let the fans down here. I for one just gave up and will not be looking for anything new from this line anymore. I have yet to see even the hints of figure like Zodak, Roboto, or the Snakemen in stores and that isn't because of the fans, that is because of bad distribution and major retailers dropping the line.

I will sign the petetion, but I don't see the point if Mattel is going to continue its business as usual tactics and release 5 He-man figures and one new figure per case. As a fan I gave up on it, and it is no wonder retailers gave up on it. It wouldn't take Mattel that much effort to save this line, but they don't have much faith in Masters it seems, and they probably never did. Good luck MOTU fans, save the line and whip Mattel into shape!!! :cool:

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 04:41 AM
I saw a Roboto and Evil-Lyn at a collectors show today that were selling out at $40 at several different booths (even though one other booth had 'em for $25). It's out of control, Mattel got greedy and stupid, and everybody lost out.