PDA

View Full Version : EIII pics from Eurocon - Including Vader!

Beast
01-24-2004, 01:25 AM
There's a video circulating the net, that was taken at Eurocon. And has some very intresting pictures in it. Including one that shows Darth Vader's suit in the set. I'll attach some of the more intresting screen grabs that people posted up over at LoTRGuide.com. Thanks to JMG for the headsup. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Here's a few more, nowhere as intresting as the first ones. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
01-24-2004, 03:39 AM
Interesting pics. :)

Does that elevator scene take place toward the beginning of the movie ? I hope it's going down in the scene, it would be a nice contrast to the beginning of AOTC where they were going up.
I know Ani and Obi might first show up on screen in their fighters but maybe this comes soon after the battle as they try to rescue Palps?

sith_killer_99
01-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Is Anakin wearing a black outfit with a gray flap on the chest in "Anakin Creepy"? Looks a lot like Luke's outfit from Jedi!

derek
01-24-2004, 11:44 AM
in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is a link to the video, set to AC/DC's "back in black".............

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/forums/viewtopic.htm?t=31932

i didn't even notice the scene of vader, as it flashed by so quick, but it does kinda look like hayden's face in the costume.

Pendo
01-24-2004, 12:49 PM
I got the video last night off DeadEye. I'm still spoiler free so haven't watched it, but have sent it to a couple of friends and they think it looks good :).

PENDO!

bobafrett
01-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Yes, I love it! Thanks Derek!

sith_killer_99
01-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes, much appreciative!

derek
01-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I got the video last night off DeadEye. I'm still spoiler free so haven't watched it, but have sent it to a couple of friends and they think it looks good :).

PENDO!

there is really nothing that could be considered a spoiler in the video. the clip of the vader costume is so fast, i wouldn't of even noticed it unless jar jar had posted a screen shot. someone is definately in the costume, but it's hard to tell if it's hayden or just a stuntman.(helmet is off)

i thought i saw mace swinging a saber around in palpatine's office, so that would lend credibility to some of the spy reports. but other than that, it's just mostly hayden and ewan dueling on film and in pre-production.

it's cool to see the film, but definately nothing that would give away any plot or story line. ;)

bobafrett
01-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, it wasn't supposed to be seen at this time. It was shared among a couple of friends, and one of those so called "friends" released it, and LFL is not pleased.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2004, 04:19 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That video was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! The shots of Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting were AMAZING!!! I loved how they were interviewing Ewan and he said something like, "George has tied up all loose ends very well" and complimented how it flowed into Ep. 4. (waits for stillakid to enter and give his .02 about that statement. :p )

I loved the few shots of Chewie too; awesome simply awesome. I cannot wait for this flick!! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I couldn't download it, it said it would've taken nine hours. Maybe I'll try again later.

Anyway, the screen caps look sweet. I'm glad that Vader won't be a stupid kitbashed version, or it appears he won't anyway.

The 'Xir
01-25-2004, 12:02 AM
That is really sweet! Did anyone notice right after some of those initial scenes of chewie, they show the prop dept, and there is a guy molding Vaders helmet, with a complete version right behind it! So now we atleast know that we will see the Full mask! This is something I'm really leary about, I want this handled correctly so that the suprise and magic of Empire/OT is maintained! Come on George don't let me down! :nerv:

The 'Xir
01-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Actually with that whole helmet thing, it's more towards the end, they show Peter putting on chewie's mask, then ewan and hayden practice dueling, George in a darkend set then they go to that prop dept where the Vader Helmet is!

InsaneJediGirl
01-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Some awesome video,I've only seen bits and pieces of it but from what I saw quite nice.The Duel,some shots on set,amazing.Anakin looks a bit crazed with those eyes,I wonder if its a result of the video or GL wants them that way.

stillakid
01-25-2004, 11:13 AM
I loved how they were interviewing Ewan and he said something like, "George has tied up all loose ends very well" and complimented how it flowed into Ep. 4. (waits for stillakid to enter and give his .02 about that statement. :p )

Ewan is still waiting for his last check. Don't want to bite the hand that feeds you until the check clears. :D

Besides, it's not about loose ends. It's about crappy writing in and of itself combined with unrecoverable continuity errors no matter what happens in Episode III. Ewan knows that as does anyone else who got past the bright shiny objects flashing across the screen.

(There! Did that live up to your expectations, or should I go out of character and be a little more agreeable? :D )

Val Da Car
01-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Holy Crap - Ray Barone's Dad (from Everybody Loves Raymond)

I am now officially NOT Spoiler Free.....

The only thing I really noted the first time through the footage is Anakin with a RED Saber

derek
01-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Holy Crap - Ray Barone's Dad (from Everybody Loves Raymond)

I am now officially NOT Spoiler Free.....

The only thing I really noted the first time through the footage is Anakin with a RED Saber

so what spoilers were in there? that anakin and obi wan fight? i think we need to define just what spoilers are. no plot or storylines were revealed. mere images aren't spoilers. ;)

as for hayden's saber stick being red, it means nothing at this point. the CGI artists can add any color in later. :classic:

scruffziller
01-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Yep, Padme looking as hot as ever.:crazed: The background scenes have that "dark corridors of Cloud City" look to them.:cool: :evil:

Lazer Brain
01-26-2004, 06:08 PM
well, it took forever to down load , but it is very exciting , is that c3po running around a place in the begining ,then getting pointers from george. the fight will be intense , every body looks to be having a good time with it.
later

2-1B
01-27-2004, 02:56 AM
Ewan is still waiting for his last check. Don't want to bite the hand that feeds you until the check clears. :D

That didn't stop him from dumping on the title "Attack of the Clones" when it was announced. :)

Ewan McGregor is one of the finest actors working today so I'll give his opinions extra attention every time.