PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess No Silver Clone from TRU or maybe not.

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Check this out.
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/2235-truad1.jpg
Then check this out.
TRU Computer Lists New Clonetrooper A new item has been listed in the TRU stock computer - SW Clone Trooper has appeared alongside SKN 960767. TRU Believer, who sent in this report, says that this item has a retail price of $7.99 but other details indicate it could be a part of a promotion. Could this be the long anticipated Silver Edition Clonetrooper that Europe has seen so many of? Only time will tell

TheDarthVader
01-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Good riddance to scalper rubbish. I am not sure what to say.

It would have looked nice next to my sliver vader, silver r2-d2, and silver boba fett. I am a little disappointed.

stillakid
01-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Good riddance to scalper rubbish. I am not sure what to say.

It would have looked nice next to my sliver vader, silver r2-d2, and silver boba fett. I am a little disappointed.

http://www.hobbytron.net/product2200.html

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html

http://store.yahoo.com/dragonballzcentral/stwaarofrecl1.html

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Kid, you are a funny man!!:smoker:

stillakid
01-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Kid, you are a funny man!!:smoker:

Somebody told me once that I'm my own best entertainment. lol

darthzirock
01-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Obviously, these things have already been produced and are sitting in warehouses somewhere. TRU did the promotion in Japan on December 26th already. I'd say it's just a matter of time before these get released legitimately in the US, either as a giveaway with purchasing a certain amount of SW stuff, or possibly with the DVDs in September. But, yeah, anyone who just can't wait for a silver Clone Trooper can always get a $2.99 Saga Clone Trooper at KB. However, I'd recommend using an acryllic paint, not that Pactra spray-on enamel stuff--unless you want to watch your Clone Trooper slowly melt into a puddle of silver sludge!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2004, 04:58 PM
At the very least, TRU's offering a free figure and has four new ones and a new Unleashed shown. That may be good news in itself.

Kidhuman
01-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Well, my only is that I have all the up to date figures. If they are releasing it as a promo I will have to buy four figures and return them afterwards.

Turbowars
01-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Well, my only is that I have all the up to date figures. If they are releasing it as a promo I will have to buy four figures and return them afterwards.LOL, kind of like I did with the R2's. Oh sorry I shouldn't have brought that up. It's called stealing.:sur:

Banthaholic
01-25-2004, 12:47 AM
LOL, kind of like I did with the R2's. Oh sorry I shouldn't have brought that up. It's called stealing.:sur:
Oh boy, we're not going to restart that ethical debate again...

Turbowars
01-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh boy, we're not going to restart that ethical debate again...No not me. Hell it's so dead around here we need a good argument. Just kidding.:nerv: If TRU steps up to the plate with new figures this time it wont be a problem.

Silent Chazz
01-25-2004, 01:17 AM
I dunno. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Star Destroy Wave WILL come out soon.

Kidhuman
01-25-2004, 08:55 AM
I dont think its stealing, I didnt know my wife bought the same figures from Wal-Mart for me too.............

Turbowars
01-25-2004, 10:44 AM
I dont think its stealing, I didnt know my wife bought the same figures from Wal-Mart for me too.............I don't think is was stealing either, but some do.:sur:

sith_killer_99
01-25-2004, 11:57 AM
hehehe, it has been kinda dead around here. LOL

But seriously, I think most people who objected to this "buy and return" behavior were upset because of peg warmers. The whole point of doing a promo like this is to help clearance out old stuff, sort of.

In any event, I just waited to buy my Dagobah X-Wing and snaged one on the day of the promotion.

With this new promo, who knows? Army builders are getting pretty scarce. I hate Hasbro's 12 inch line (just passed up Scout Trooper Luke Jedi and the Ewoks). I don't really see what I would be able to buy that totals $20.00 or more (though I may just breakdown and buy one of the Clone Wars vehicles).

Didn't several of the TRU's get wise to the "buy it and return it" and mark the reciepts?

Turbowars
01-25-2004, 12:16 PM
hehehe, it has been kinda dead around here. LOL

But seriously, I think most people who objected to this "buy and return" behavior were upset because of peg warmers. The whole point of doing a promo like this is to help clearance out old stuff, sort of.

In any event, I just waited to buy my Dagobah X-Wing and snaged one on the day of the promotion.

With this new promo, who knows? Army builders are getting pretty scarce. I hate Hasbro's 12 inch line (just passed up Scout Trooper Luke Jedi and the Ewoks). I don't really see what I would be able to buy that totals $20.00 or more (though I may just breakdown and buy one of the Clone Wars vehicles).

Didn't several of the TRU's get wise to the "buy it and return it" and mark the reciepts?You are right about the peg warmers. I did end up with 9 Pre-view R3 droids. I figured I'd use them from customs. I haven't done one yet. About the reciepts, not one TRU marked it. The funny thing is, is that a few TRU's around here still have the R2.

Turbowars
01-25-2004, 05:26 PM
UPDATE
Silver Clone Trooper...Finally? (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=2238&z=2) from GH

TRU Jedi updates us with more info on the elusive Silver Clone Trooper. A new SKN (#960767) is showing up in the TRU computer listed as SW Clone Trooper. The SKN's pricepoint is set at $7.99, which TJ tells us is likely a FREEBIE SKN(the retail price allows the store to sell the item once the promo is over). The casepack is also listed at 32 pieces, which is the same amount the Silver R2 promotion had in '02. Coinkidink? We think not, but will be sure to update you once we learn a release date and other important stuff. But please take this as very informed speculation for the time being. Thanks to TRU Jedi once again for the awesome detective work, and click on through for some pics of the Silver Clone.

Val Da Car
01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
look close at the ad pictured....does anyone see Admiral Ozzel (with his head cut off)?

Val Da Car
01-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Actually the bigger question is WHY now?

Feb 1 for star wars toys.....maybe some new stuff is coming or to clear out old stuff.....my TRU just found all of the Wave 1 of the Clone Wars figures (Yoda, Anakin, Grey and Red ARC Troopers!!!)

I have already spent for new figures at Target since TRU had very few items in stock but the $#%* HW Scalpers in the areas have wrecked all of the bubbles on them.....if I catch any of the bedwetting, smelly pond scum scalpers damaging product I will personally walk them up to the store MGR and ask that they be banned from the store.

Just because they are maxxed out or broke does not mean they have to damage figures they can't / won't buy!

just venting...and my $.02

It has gotten so bad even employees I have talked to are being more watchful of the area to also ban ppl who damage figures!!

TheDarthVader
01-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Interesting...if this does turn out to be true I will have to get a silver clone trooper to go with my other silver figures. :Ponder:

Thanks for those links Stillakid. I just ordered one can of paint, one Photo Shop software bundle, and five clones. Now I will have FIVE...count them: FIVE silver clones!!!!! Yay!!! :)

bobafrett
01-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks for those links Stillakid. I just ordered one can of paint, one Photo Shop software bundle, and five clones. Now I will have FIVE...count them: FIVE silver clones!!!!! Yay!!! :)

Just don't paint any of the super articulated Clone troopers, that is should you find any. :crazed:

darthzirock
01-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Silver Clone Trooper Update
After doing some digging, I've come up with some info on the Silver Clone Trooper. Here's what I've found!

-The Silver Clone Trooper is a Toys R Us exclusive, promotional figure
-It's listed in the Toys R Us computer as a Clone Trooper
-The SKN is 960767
-It's priced at $.01
-It's not in stock in stores or warehouses at this time

The rest of this is supposition, based on recent rumors and the way the Silver R2-D2 was handled. This will be a promotional figure. The price tag of $.01 confirms that, since that's the way the Silver R2-D2 was priced. It is probably part of the February promotional sale that's been reported earlier this week at Galactic Hunter.

Keep checking back here for more news on the Silver Clone Trooper as it develops.
Nick | January 25th, 2004

So, it appears that the Feb. 1st TRU sale will be the launch of the Silver Clone Trooper giveaway, at long, long last!

Kidhuman
01-26-2004, 01:53 AM
Fingers crossed and all. Heres to hoping.

wookie1970
01-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I had gotten a response back from the director (Michael A. Oliveri) of guest relations at Toys R us on January the 16th 04' for the very same question as to when the Clone Trooper would be available and it reads as follows.

I am excluding his contact info as it has his e-mail, office number and fax number.

Dear Sir,
>
> Thank you for your inquiry regarding the availability of the new Star Wars
> silver clone trooper.
>
> We received a response from Hasbro, indicating that this item will not
ship
> until the end of February.
> Therefore, it will be in our stores from the beginning of March.
>
> I am pleased to inform you that this is a Toys "R" Us exclusive item that
> will not be available at other
> retailer locations.
>
> Please contact me if you have any problems locating the item at your
nearest
> Toys "R" Us location in March.
>
> Thanks again very much for your inquiry and for your interest in Toys "R"
> Us.
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> Michael A. Oliveri
> Director of Guest Relations
> Toys R Us, Inc.
> <<...OLE_Obj...>>
> 1 Geoffrey Way
> Terrace Building
> Wayne, NJ 07470
>
again for what it is worth.

wookie1970

DarthQuack
01-26-2004, 08:35 PM
March? Poo. Oh well. Another month of sadness :(

-Matt

darthzirock
01-28-2004, 02:22 AM
I had gotten a response back from the director (Michael A. Oliveri) of guest relations at Toys R us on January the 16th 04' for the very same question as to when the Clone Trooper would be available and it reads as follows.

I am excluding his contact info as it has his e-mail, office number and fax number.

Dear Sir,
>
> Thank you for your inquiry regarding the availability of the new Star Wars
> silver clone trooper.
>
> We received a response from Hasbro, indicating that this item will not
ship
> until the end of February.
> Therefore, it will be in our stores from the beginning of March.
>
> I am pleased to inform you that this is a Toys "R" Us exclusive item that
> will not be available at other
> retailer locations.
>
> Please contact me if you have any problems locating the item at your
nearest
> Toys "R" Us location in March.
>
> Thanks again very much for your inquiry and for your interest in Toys "R"
> Us.
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> Michael A. Oliveri
> Director of Guest Relations
> Toys R Us, Inc.
> <<...OLE_Obj...>>
> 1 Geoffrey Way
> Terrace Building
> Wayne, NJ 07470
>
again for what it is worth.

wookie1970

Thanks for passing that info along, wookie1970. And, as this is your first post, welcome to the forums, too!

TheDarthVader
01-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forums Wookie1970 and thanks for that letter!