PDA

View Full Version : Aurra Sing?

PloKoon2385
12-06-2001, 08:53 PM
Is Aurra Sing going to be in Episode II or not? I heard she was a while ago, but I haven't heard anything in a long time. Is our new friend going to be in it or not?:confused:

master jedi
12-06-2001, 09:57 PM
I don't know if she's going to be in it or not. At first I thought she was going to Zam Wessels character.

GNT
12-07-2001, 12:37 AM
Shes not in it as far as I know :( Whats her name that played her in EP1 was confirmed not to be on any EP2 set!

LTBasker
12-07-2001, 03:20 AM
Hmm.. I thought that was confirmed that she was in it. I guess maybe they scrapped her character and just made her a character like alot of backgrounds droids and characters and just went with pure humanoid Zam Wessel. (Pure as in regular lengthed fingers, tan-like skin, no antenna, etc.)

Rollo Tomassi
12-07-2001, 03:22 AM
There was a rumor that she and Anakin get into a scuffle on Tatooine, but NOPE! She's not in it.

Jargo
12-07-2001, 10:11 AM
Some geeky fanboys are so fickle! One minute they're fawning over some chick in a tight red body hugging catsuit, and the next they get wind of a new chick in a tight pinky purple bodystocking type suit who is blond and gets to play with her guns... next thing you know that first chick just gets left behind and all washed out of wishful thinking rumours and speculation as the new chick becomes the focus of the geeky fanboy attention.

And Zam Wessel only has five lines. Not that it matters, she's blond and young and runs around waving guns. That's enough for some isn't it. How sad. :rolleyes:

bigbarada
12-07-2001, 10:39 AM
For anyone wanting to see more of the actress who played Aurra Sing go to www.michonne.com :)

Tycho
12-09-2001, 03:28 PM
I have to laugh and agree with some of the basic thought that went into Jargo's post.

However, mind you that Aurra Sing or Michonne never went to Tunisia to film her Tatooine scenes. It was done on a soundstage in Los Angeles.

Therefore, Michonne could be added in a pick up shot as late as April, and never have to appear on any set previously (or on any set even) to be in the movie - and even interact with other characters. By the same token Osama Bin Laden and George Bush can both be in this movie - each wielding lightsabers and even sprouting lines of dialogue. Technology's come that far.

I don't care too much if Aurra is in the next film or not, though it would be cool - and even better if Michonne got to play her. Meanwhile, as far as one-scene marketing ploys, Aurra reigns in as the champion. But watch out: soon we're going to find out that the Chubba Vendor was Palpatine's master or something, and there will be Seventeen books about that.

Jargo
12-09-2001, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, before anyone starts having a go at me over my comments, they were a joke. While I don't want to call anyone a geek when I realise how I fall into the category myself, I do want to address the fickleness of some people when jumping from character to character. It wasn't so long ago that everyone wanted dollies of Leia in her slave outfit as if there were a ration on women going on. Then along comes Natalie and everyone goes googly eyed even though she never showed much more than a pudgey face. But everyone wanted Natalie dollies all the same. Plus there was the big hullabaloo over a certain red clad 'bounty hunter' and everyone wanted dollies of her forgetting about carrie and Natalie altogether. Now it's all Zam Wessel this and Zam Wessel that. Is all that matters hinged on the newest pair of big bouncy norks on the block? Is it who has the blondest hair, working on a sliding scale from Carrie down to Leeana? I simply don't understand it. None of them are attractive enough to deserve the fuss that surrounds them.

But as Tycho says, It would be cool if Aurra was in the movie but not a massively cool thing. I'm still in the camp that thinks of her as nothing more than a podrace spectator. A throw away character like the luminaries sitting in the throne room when we first see inside Theed palace. Or the Nikto pod mechanics. Just so much fluff and eye candy.

GNT
12-10-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
soon we're going to find out that the Chubba Vendor was Palpatine's master or something, and there will be Seventeen books about that.

18 books the last time I checked ;)

I think people are excited about her because she is the first female bounty Hunter to talk before she dies :)

Co Jo-Da
12-10-2001, 04:00 PM
I first heard the Leeanna Walsman (SHE VERY HOT) was going to play Aurra Sing but her charcter was changed to Zam Wessel. I wanted to see Aurra in Episode II since I saw her in Episode I but I guess it's not to be...

One more thing, a long time ago I read SPY REPORT (that turned out to be false) that had a FEMALE Sith Lord in Episode II and Episode III. Man I would have loved to see a women Sith but I am very happy to have Chris Lee as Count Dooku.

Tycho
12-10-2001, 04:23 PM
Hmmm. Good point. A female 'Sith Witch' would have been awesome to see in some capacity (especially fighting!)

It could also have made the female Sith lead's relationship with Padme when she's captured more interesting. Dooku is a leader of worlds in Rebellion. Padme has been a leader of a world and now a Republic in a struggle for survival. But could a woman Jedi turned bad also have been Qui-Gon's instructor? That could be interesting as well.

Jargo
12-10-2001, 04:34 PM
Ah yes, the dominatrix fantasy so beloved by ineffectual maladroit males with bad inter-personal social skills and a tendency toward bachelordom. :D

There is the matter of getting Aurras fingers to work properly with delicate little gun trigger without looking as false as they did on Michonne's hands. A curious design feature I must say. Plus the fact that Michonne is merely a model not an actor. If leeana had played Aurra there would have been the difference in height to counter isn't Leeana is shorter than Michonne? And how can Aurra be an effective bounty hnter wearing garish red and with skin so white? Wouldn't she stand out like an oversized thumb?

At the end of the day, Zam is only in the movie to move the detective plot along and to get killed. I wouldn't call her a major player. Unless she used to be a tusken female of course..... Nah, silly thought. :crazed:

Co Jo-Da
12-10-2001, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
A curious design feature I must say. Plus the fact that Michonne is merely a model not an actor. If leeana had played Aurra there would have been the difference in height to counter isn't Leeana is shorter than Michonne? And how can Aurra be an effective bounty hnter wearing garish red and with skin so white? Wouldn't she stand out like an oversized thumb?

I can't remember where I saw a picture of Leeanna Walsman all dolled up as Aurra Sing (long figure and all) but the powers that be changed her into the Ninja-Like Zam Wessel, which I think looks much better...

Co Jo-Da
12-10-2001, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
It could also have made the female Sith lead's relationship with Padme when she's captured more interesting. Dooku is a leader of worlds in Rebellion. Padme has been a leader of a world and now a Republic in a struggle for survival. But could a woman Jedi turned bad also have been Qui-Gon's instructor? That could be interesting as well.

I once heard/read a Sith Witch could seduce Anakin easier than a Sith Lord could...

GNT
12-10-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
And how can Aurra be an effective bounty hnter wearing garish red and with skin so white? Wouldn't she stand out like an oversized thumb?

Shes a fast mover,so by the time her enemy noticed what happened,she would have gone,maybe she wears different things at diffent times?

Tycho
12-10-2001, 11:55 PM
I asked Michonne. She wears Victoria's Secrets.

evenflow
12-11-2001, 01:27 PM
I thought she was going to be in too, but it does not seem that way. I think Aurra Sing looked cooler than Shredder, I mean Zam Wessel. ;)

Co Jo-Da
12-11-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I thought she was going to be in too, but it does not seem that way. I think Aurra Sing looked cooler than Shredder, I mean Zam Wessel. ;)

NOT IF SHE'S WEARING VICTORIA'S SECRETS

Jargo
12-11-2001, 06:08 PM
:D that made me giggle.

Of course, there is the Sly Moore - Palpatine's aide thing to take into consideration. not that I'm saying she is Aurra, but possibly from the same species. We haven't yet seen a picture of her hands have we? Same pale complexion and dark rings round the eyes though......

Co Jo-Da
12-12-2001, 07:41 PM
Not to go UE on everyone but one thing I love about some of the comics. Is that Aurra Sing went after and collected LightSabers from Jedi's that she killed, under the orders of Palpatine she love to set little traps and wait for a Jedi to come along... I would have loved to see something close to that onscreen...

Co Jo-Da
12-15-2001, 08:35 PM
What do you think of this... Zam Wessel without her mask on...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/obibountyswcom.jpg

Tycho
12-18-2001, 01:56 AM
She looks cool and interesting, maybe even a little exotic, but I do not find her attractive (for me personally). She is pretty if that's what you mean, but in a galaxy full of Jedi - and then some Sith and a VERY infamous, and infuriated Bounty Hunter (young Boba Fett), she is not all that impressive.

We've already seen a trailer that tells us she's no match for Obi-Wan, so I have to say that Zam Wessel really doesn't interest me that much, while I'm ecstatic with anticipation for Episode 2 - she's not the reason.