PDA

View Full Version : Carded pic's of Ultra Jabba and Monk sets.

Turbowars
01-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Ultra Jabba the Hutt and the Jabba's Denizens 3 pack of Bubo, B'omarr Monk, and Wol Cabba****e.

The two are currently being auctioned as a set on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3171828080&category=50282).

Kidhuman
01-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Very very nice. Cant wait for these. They should be out soon hopefully.

Banthaholic
01-25-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm very excited for these indeed!
Hopefully these carded pics mean that they should be showing up in the stores in the next few weeks.

Beast
01-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Very nice, very nice....nubian. Still wish they would have altered the sculpt of the Monk, to be more movie accurate. But it's nice to get it out there for the folks that missed it the first time. Wol and Bubo are great though. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
What's a nubian?

These do look great, I can't wait! My local Wal-Mart has 3 pegs set aside for the Ultra figures, so I am hopeful. :D

Beast
01-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Still wish we could get the Dias somehow. Maybe $5.00 and 1,000 Jedi Master Points or something like that. I'll probably just buy a vintage Dias for the Jabba. He looks damn nice though, regardless of the missing Dias. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-25-2004, 02:07 PM
For certain i will get the court denizens. Im debating the Jabba. Ive got the Jabba Glob figure (i think hes a good one) already but this Jabbas accessories look very nice so that makes him a more attractive figure. I wonder how well he would look in my Jabba Palace diorama that came with the Han outside of carbonite block.

Jargo
01-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Pretty nice. I actually wish they'd added in the little gargoyle thingies from the dias so if you wanted to build your own you caold have all the necessary bits to add o to it that would m,ake it look cool. I mean the slab itself isn't that hard to throw together out of card and then texturise with plastikote fleckstone or something. waffle waffle. Bubo looks really cool but I'd rather have got Yarna instead of the damned monk. It's such a space hogger. nice enough I suppose but.....

bobafrett
01-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Very cool, I think I have like three Jabbas already (don't quote me on that) I know I have at least two with the Dias, but not sure how complete the second Dias is.

DarthQuack
01-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Nice pics. Looking forward to seeing these figures when they come out.

-Matt

Turbowars
01-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Update, here's some more pic's with some close up's

rust
01-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, these seem like nice figs. With a little work someone can make 'Dead Jabba' and strangle a couple of LEGO chians a round his nech connected to Slave Leia.
-rust

Kidhuman
01-28-2004, 01:30 AM
That JAbba would double perfectly for strangulated Jabba. The tounge and drool are great for it.

TheDarthVader
01-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Isn't Jabba's tongue a little *pause* tacky? I think he would have looked better without that tongue sticking out. I wonder if his tongue will be "removable". ??? :Ponder:

Beast
01-30-2004, 10:52 PM
The tongue is supposed to be removable. That was confirmed by Hasbro in the Insider. Depending how the mouth is, you probably can place it where you want, or even have it out not quite so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
01-30-2004, 10:56 PM
The tongue is supposed to be removable. That was confirmed by Hasbro in the Insider. Depending how the mouth is, you probably can place it where you want, or even have it out not quite so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksI doubt that. I bet you 3 options.
1. with tongue
2. with pipe
3. with nothing.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Something tells me that Jabba might end up like Ephant Mon -- big and bulky figures that hardly saw the light of day on store shelves. Hopefully they will be produced in a greater number and be readily available.

Kidhuman
01-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Jabba is gonna be an Ultra figure. Hopefully he will be in plenty around these parts.

Turbowars
01-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Jabba is gonna be an Ultra figure. Hopefully he will be in plenty around these parts.What, someone thought is was a basic figure?

Kidhuman
01-31-2004, 12:24 AM
No, its late and I misread LBC's post.

Heres my BSLOS:

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still(I'm still) Jenny from the block.

BoShek
02-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I hope they make a ton of Jabbas because I feel that he will be very popular and sell very well.

Beast
02-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Heads up about these, as they are starting to turn up in some stores. The case breakdown is as follows. 2x Jabba's, 2x Jabba's Denzines, 2x Wampa. So get out there and get hunting folks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthQuack
02-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the update JarJar, I will have to keep my eyes open for these in about 2 months with what is on the shelves around here. :ermm:

-Matt

Kidhuman
02-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Cool, they are on their way to a good home with me. I love adopting little SW orphans.

Turbowars
02-03-2004, 09:41 PM
It would have been nice if Hasbro would have made a 3rd set, so buying a case would make sense. I guess I'll be canceling my case.

Kidhuman
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Hell the Wampa's are nice. WHy not keep em. Set up a whole Wampa clan. And buy more Jedi Lukes so you can hang various other members on hoth

Silent Chazz
02-03-2004, 10:21 PM
So are the two new Ultra figs out now or what? I need to know as Im going to Amarillo this weekend and would really like to pick up a jabba.

Turbowars
02-03-2004, 10:24 PM
So are the two new Ultra figs out now or what? I need to know as Im going to Amarillo this weekend and would really like to pick up a jabba.Well there are a few reports on them being out, so just keep an eye out for Jabba and his clan.

Banthaholic
02-09-2004, 09:48 PM
These turned up in my parts today, and I must say Jabba is impressive. For $10, what a deal. The pictures just don't give justice to how big the bubble is, sort of like Ephant.

Bubo, is really cool. I wasn't expecting much, but he's good enough to be carded and sold alone.

Silent Chazz
02-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Well, as you all can tell by my Collection webpage, I didn't get The Ultra Jabba. I couldnt find him ANYWHERE. However I was able to get the other Ultras and now I have all 3 of the Wave 1 Ultra.

P.S. Its a funny story with the Wampa. I was at the Walmart Supercenter in Amarillo on Saturday, the Riekkan rang up at the normal price, but the Wampa rang up at $25. I freaked out right there in line and said there must have been some HUGE mistake. So, the clerk called over a manager who checked back in the toy aisle and came back saying I was right. They ended up giving me $3 off the figure because of their computer's mistake. So, I ended up getting it for $6.99. lol

Banthaholic
02-09-2004, 11:05 PM
P.S. Its a funny story with the Wampa. I was at the Walmart Supercenter in Amarillo on Saturday, the Riekkan rang up at the normal price, but the Wampa rang up at $25. I freaked out right there in line and said there must have been some HUGE mistake. So, the clerk called over a manager who checked back in the toy aisle and came back saying I was right. They ended up giving me $3 off the figure because of their computer's mistake. So, I ended up getting it for $6.99. lol
Nice! A while back, when I was picking up the now elusive Saga Wave 4 AF gunship, slave 1, & republic assault ship the register wouldn't read the items. The receptionist asked me the price and I said $10, for some reason she thought they were $20 so she called back to someone which took 10 minutes. When they finally gave an answer, I gave her a nice 'told you' smile , they were $10 in price just as I told her. For the trouble she took $2 off of each one.

Silent Chazz
02-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Wait a Sec.... A Gunship for $10? Yikes, and I thought paying $20 for the CW Anakin's Jedi Starfighter was a good deal.

DarthQuack
02-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Sweet deal Silent. Maybe that will work at mine as well!

-Matt

Well, as you all can tell by my Collection webpage, I didn't get The Ultra Jabba. I couldnt find him ANYWHERE. However I was able to get the other Ultras and now I have all 3 of the Wave 1 Ultra.

Banthaholic
02-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Wait a Sec.... A Gunship for $10? Yikes, and I thought paying $20 for the CW Anakin's Jedi Starfighter was a good deal.
It was a $10 gunship, but it was of the AF (Action Fleet) variety. Sorry for the confussion.