PDA

View Full Version : Does the Rancor Keeper have a name ?

2-1B
01-26-2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks, I'm not sure if there's an EU source out there which named him. :)

Beast
01-26-2004, 04:26 AM
Thanks, I'm not sure if there's an EU source out there which named him. :)
Yeah, it's Malakili. He was named in one of the expansion books for the West End Games Star Wars Role Playing Game, if I recall correctly. I'd need to dig my books out again. The name also appears on his Decipher card. And of course he had the name on his POTF2 figure card. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
01-26-2004, 04:26 AM
What's his name??? I knew and it's totaly gone out of my head :mad:!!!!!

I think it begins with an M.

What is it?????

I hate it when this happens.

EDIT: It's Malakili :D. and JJB beat me too it :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

Beast
01-26-2004, 04:37 AM
Also check out the novel, 'Tales from Jabba's Palace'. It has a story in there about Malakili. "A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keepers Tale": An interesting story that tells of Malakili, the guy who took care of the rancor.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Also check out the novel, 'Tales from Jabba's Palace'. It has a story in there about Malakili. "A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keepers Tale": An interesting story that tells of Malakili, the guy who took care of the rancor.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I've read that story JJ, one of the few Star Wars novellas that I have actually read. From what I recall, he was only a day or two away from freedom before he was crushed :cry:

His name is also revealed in the Star Wars Playstation Game, Demolition.

2-1B
01-29-2004, 02:25 AM
Oh for heaven's sake JJB, I TOTALLY forgot about Malakili and I feel dumb for not thinking of that figure. :D

Thanks for picking up the slack of my intellectual laziness. :crazed:

mabudonicus
01-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Caesar, Caesar.........

I am shocked to read this thread.....

Don't you recall my FU fanfic where Dengar puts an ad in the newspaper for a roomate, and the only person who responds is Malakili..... I guess I can't blame you for forgetting, it was mostly just crude jokes and puns about Malakili's belly IIRC..... oh, and 21-B wasn't even mentioned in it, so there ya go... my mistake :)

I bet when the film was being made they used a more colloquial name for him ;)

jjreason
01-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I would agree, Mabudon. Very likely. And I'll go out on a limb here, but I bet it was "fat*** " or maybe "that fat **** ". Always nice to here about Lannies behind the scenes of your favorite movies.

Kidhuman
01-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I wanna see the movie. I never saw it.