PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Classics' Green Goblin and Carnage.

Lman316
01-28-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm sort of back on a Marvel kick - and a bit late, I guess. I've been trying to locate the Green Goblin and Carnage from the Spiderman Classics line.

I put up a post in the classifieds, seeing if anyone can help me out. But before I accept any deals (if I'm even offered) I was wondering if anyone could tell me about these figures. If anyone has them - and has opened them - how are they? Decent articulation, decent paint apps? How about the accessories?

I'd definitely appreciate anything anyone can tell me about these. And open pics would help much.

Thanks in advance!

End...

Reefer Shark
01-28-2004, 08:06 PM
I have the Green Goblin, and it is awesome!!!

I really didn't think I would like this guy that much judging him by his looks in the package, but after busting him open, I realized what a treasure he really is. He has excellent articulation that is fairly well hidden. And his sled (or whatever that thing he rides is called) is much bigger and better looking than the proto pics, they've changed that thing up quite a bit.

I took one of those clear rubber bands and secured his pumpkin bomb to his hand in a throwing position. Really looks cool! Mabye I can take some pics later when I get home (if my camera is working today...).

Haven't found the Carnage yet at retail, but I did see one at a local scalper shop for $20. Looks like another great figure! IIRC, all of his fingers are individually articulated = very cool! :D

Eternal Padawan
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Carnage is VERY nice. The more I play with him and set him up in different poses, the more I like him. Very vicious and sadistic looking.

i skipped on the Green Goblin because I'm waiting for a more "vintage" looking one. Quite frankly, the Humberto Ramos look is atrocious. Ramos should go back to bussing tables as he has inherited the Sam Keith I-Can't-draw-normal-so-I-will-overcompensate-my-quirky-style mantle. Possibly the worst "artist" working today.

Lman316
01-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info, both of you. I think I'll have to try and find both of these figures now.

But, EP, if you know... when was the Carnage figure released? I checked Toybiz's website, and they didn't show that figure, even in the latest assortment. Is it new? Because if it is, I think I'll try to find it in the stores, first.

Thanks again. Now just wish me some luck in actually finding them... :crazed:

End...

Reefer Shark
01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Hey Lman, here is a fw pics of the loose Green Goblin:

I really want one of those Carnage figures too, it does look sweet! It's too bad that ToyBiz goes the route of Mattel with the Spider-Man & Hulk lines = multiples of 3 different Spider man/Hulk and just one cool villan per case....

smurfvader
02-08-2004, 07:57 PM
But, EP, if you know... when was the Carnage figure released? I checked Toybiz's website, and they didn't show that figure, even in the latest assortment. Is it new? Because if it is, I think I'll try to find it in the stores, first.

I only started to see the wave about a month ago. I saw all but the Carnage figure at a local K-Mart, but have not seen them anywhere else. At first I thought maybe he hadn't been released yet like Abomonation, but I guess I'm wrong.

jiM

Reefer Shark
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Sweeeet!!

I found a Carnage figure at WalMart last night (hidden behind the Yugioh stuff).
This really is one great figure, buy if you find him!

Lman316
02-15-2004, 10:44 PM
I actually saw the Carnage figure at my K-Mart. I didn't buy it as I was sadly disappointed at how it looked.
The paint job on that particular Carnage looked awful. The fingers (which are individually articulated) were all bent back in the packaging. And I don't know... something about the texture of the figure didn't appeal to me. Seemed kinda "bumpy" and that doesn't seem very "symbiotish" to me.
Maybe I'll just hold out for a Marvel Legends (if they ever decide to do one) or (if he's ever introduced in that series) an Ultimate Carnage.

I still think I'd like to get the Goblin. But after seeing Carnage like that, I think it would be better to see it in person before I buy it. And I don't think that'll happen any time soon, if ever.

End...