PDA

View Full Version : Help with Kubricks

evenflow
01-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Does any one have any places that they have purchased sets from for a "reasonable" price. I really do not want to deal with ebay on this one because most sellers are in Japan. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reefer Shark
01-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey evenflow,
you could try these guys. It's probably the cheapest you'll find on the 'net in the US, and Bigbadtoystore comes highly reccomended.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=af442

OCB
01-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Does any one have any places that they have purchased sets from for a "reasonable" price. I really do not want to deal with ebay on this one because most sellers are in Japan. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if any of these have all of the SW sets but...

American...

http://www.drtonguestoys.com/JapaneseToys_MiniFiguresKubricksMyclonesEtcMiscVin yl.html
http://www.kidrobot.com/shop.php?Category=Mini%20Vinyl
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/kub_menu.asp

Japanese...

http://www.hlj.com (these are usually preorder only but they do have some stock)
http://www.goblinjp.com/goblin/figure/medicom/mdkubrick.html

eBay...

hk_apestore (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=hk_apestore&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50)
ronnicshop (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ronnicshop&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50)
amidala-anakin (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=amidala-anakin&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50)

There is someone on the JediDefender forums (He's No good To Me Dead (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=viewprofile;user=knunt)) who runs his own store, he can get you stuff at cost sometimes, shipping is still usually high though since he's in Japan, he was able to get me an Early Bird set and has hooked us all up for Luke and Leia Speeder Bike Sets

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/getnood/now/kubrick.htm

Otherwise the classified forums at various sites sometimes have them for sale

evenflow
01-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys. I will check them all out.

Reefer Shark
03-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Nice! BigBadToyStore is having a sale until Sunday.

SW kubricks wave 2 (set of 6 standard figures) has been dropped to $29.99. Thats the cheapest I've seen them, so I folded and ordered a set.

Also scored a loose vintage Jabbas Dias from them for $5 to go with the ultra Jabba. I'm very stoked about that!!! :D

Anybody still lookin for the kubricks should check 'em out! They also have single figures.

bobafrett
03-21-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the links!

Reefer Shark
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Right on bobafrett! I can't wait 'till my order comes in.

I love my set of wave one, those are such great little toys!

bobafrett
03-22-2004, 11:34 PM
I have the Bounty Hunter set, and I think they are very sharp figures. I wih the Lego characters were that cool, but then I guess they wouldn't be Lego's.

evenflow
03-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I really love these figures. I am pretty much finally caught up. I got my series 1, just ordered series 2 from bidbadtoystore, got wicket, an early bird kit, and just picked up an indiana jones. I am pumped. I can't wait for more of these little guys to come out. Is there any info on whose next after the Speeder Bike Wave?

Reefer Shark
03-24-2004, 01:09 AM
There's a wicket kubrick?!? No kidding, I'd love to see a pic of that.

I thought I had heard that there were Speeder bikes w/Luke & Leia already released, and exclusive to Japan. Is there any truth to this?? I haven't been able to find any official reports or pics of them.

evenflow
03-24-2004, 08:15 AM
The Luke and Leia Speeder Bikes are not out yet to my understanding but should be out very soon.

OCB
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM
There's a wicket kubrick?!? No kidding, I'd love to see a pic of that.

I thought I had heard that there were Speeder bikes w/Luke & Leia already released, and exclusive to Japan. Is there any truth to this?? I haven't been able to find any official reports or pics of them.

You can find a picture archive of all of the SW Kubricks here...

JediDefender (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=3677)

evenflow
03-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Well that website was helpful but very evil. Now I want the carded Luke and the other 2 Boba Fetts. I am already trying to save up for the Droids R2-D2. I guess I will have to save up some more.

Reefer Shark
03-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Hey thanks for that link OCB!

The speeder looks great, hopefully it wont cost an arm and a leg to get one....

That wicket looks lame to me. It's a bearbrick, so I'm not gonna consider it a part of this line anyways. The carded Fett, Luke, and R2 look great too, but $$$ = ouch! Same goes for the early bird set = ouch! I'll probably never own these.

Ah well, I'm happy just to have the bounty hunters. Those really are the best ones IMO.

evenflow
04-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Well the Speeder Set is out for thos eof you that are interested.

Turambar
04-26-2004, 06:43 PM
I recently got series 1 & 2. These things are great! I'm still debating whether or not to go for the early bird and the Rotj Fett.
Is there any place to get the speeder set for cheaper than it is on ebay?

Reefer Shark
04-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Jeez... I really hope there's a cheaper place..

I just took a look on ebay, and what I saw was a sad thing... $75 average price = ouch! Well, looks like I won't be able to get this one (just like the early bird & single carded figures). Bummer... I really wanted this set too.

evenflow
04-27-2004, 07:55 AM
I recently got series 1 & 2. These things are great! I'm still debating whether or not to go for the early bird and the Rotj Fett.
Is there any place to get the speeder set for cheaper than it is on ebay?

I say go for the Early Bird set, very nice item. I have not picked up the Chase Fetts or Carded Luke Yet. I am working on the Droids R2-D2, but it is not an easy task. Ebay is a bit too expensive.

IMFETTUP
04-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I,too, am interested in the Kubricks only because of their uniqueness. The cheapest I've seen the r2-d2 online was 168.00. I can't remember the seller, but I do remember it was buy it now.

evenflow
04-27-2004, 03:37 PM
I missed out on an R2 that went for like 130.00. I totally forgot the auction was ending :(

evenflow
05-02-2004, 12:17 PM
I got my Speeder Bike set. Its pretty cool. I wish it would have come with 2 bikes though. I can't wait for word on season 3.

Turambar
05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
I made some $$$ over the weekend, so I finally got that earlybird set. Can't wait to see how it is. I also purchased the rotj Fett.
I've seen an even rarer fett turning up with the red & yellow guantlets. Anyone got their hands on that one?

evenflow
05-19-2004, 08:19 AM
No chase Fett's for me yet or the carded Luke. I am in the process of acquiring the Droids R2-D2. Other than that I am caught up and love these little guys. I can't wait for the announcement of Wave 3.

evenflow
05-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Just in case anyone is curious I got my Droids R2-D2 and it rocks. I love the artowrk on the card. The cartoon version of 3PO is cool, can we say next exclusive?

evenflow
06-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Well if anyone is looking to get into Kubricks and has the money to spend, there is a huge set on ebay. It pretty much has everything.

Ebay Kubrick Lot (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6902629495&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

Reefer Shark
06-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Man... I can only dream of having that collection...... (drooling)

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 08:34 PM
I think these are kind of cool. I have only 2, Fett and IG-88. Maybe if they were easier to get, I would have more. I see these at some Comic stores and they want $10-$12 bucks per figure and I think that's a joke for a inferior action figure. This BS about unmarked boxes is ridiculous also. Aw it's just as well, I can't really get involved in an other line anyways. I need to get rid of the stuff I do have.

How much do the Japanese pay for these things anway? Can't be too much. They sure are socking it to us Americans though. :rolleyes:

OCB
06-11-2004, 09:06 AM
http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/6-04/sandkubrick.jpg

Released this weekend at the Medicom Toy Expo...no idea how rare...perhaps there will be lots of Kubrick News this weekend! Thanks to boba-jp for the scoop

evenflow
06-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I hope its not too rare. Lets at least hope for series 3 news.

evenflow
06-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Not sure if anyone hasn't heard yet but...

Here's at least a partial lineup for Series 3:

Series 3

C-3PO
Lando Calrissian
AT-AT Driver
Ewok (Wicket?)
Jawa
Han Solo in Carbonite

Box Set (And how these go together I have no idea)
Spirit Obi-Wan
Han Solo (Bespin)
Ewok (Logray)
R2-Q5 (Black R2 Unit)
R5-D4

Carded Droids Boba Fett
Carded Sandtrooper

OCB
06-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Pic of Series 3 (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=4623;st art=0)

evenflow
06-22-2004, 09:43 AM
I am loving the Boba Fett.

Turambar
07-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Wow! series 3 looks to be good -- and expensive. I've got the luke & leia endor on the way, then I'll be complete since I'm not getting the carded figures.
Has anyone seen the 3rd version of fett with the red & yellow gauntlets (same as the carded version)? I saw one on ebay several weeks ago where it was reportedly 1/289 or something whereas the 2nd version is like 1/80ish.
Anyone know if the black pauldron sandtrooper will be released in a regular box? I wouldn't want to pay for the carded figure just to open it.

evenflow
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
The new box may be th eexpensive one. I am waiting on word of who the chase figures will be from this wave and if the Han Carbonite actually comes with a different Han figure. It not I guess that why they chose Bespin Han.

Turambar
07-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I was trying to guess what the chase figs would be, too. A different ewok, maybe? The han carbo figure or han bespin? difficult to say with this wave.
I sure hope the black pauldron sandtrooper will be released to the masses, too.

Samuel Windu
07-11-2004, 12:04 PM
They are not expensives.Just 819 Yen each.

evenflow
09-06-2004, 08:25 AM
The Droids Boba Fett is out fo rthose interested. They will probably drop in price once the remaining ones are relased, but I scored mine for 100.00 so i am happy with that.

evenflow
10-24-2004, 08:37 AM
New exclusive just announced. It is a Holographic Leia. There are pics up over at rebelscum.

evenflow
10-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Well just in case anyone at all reads this anymore, series 3 is out and the chase figures are Logray and Han Solo (Hibernation sickness)

evenflow
11-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Holographic Leia is out. The other chase for series 3 is a vinyl caped Jawa.

evenflow
12-12-2004, 09:52 AM
The Japan TRU exclusive box set is out.

Turambar
01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
The Japan TRU exclusive box set is out.

I guess that is only available at TRU's in Japan? Bummer. off to ebay, again. The set looks great, though! My Kubricks collection is getting much larger than I was expecting.
I wish there was a way to get the black pauldron sandtrooper for less than $300.

evenflow
01-21-2005, 11:45 PM
A Max Rebo box set was just announced. It is awesome. There is a picture on the main page.

Turambar
01-22-2005, 02:59 PM
A Max Rebo box set was just announced. It is awesome. There is a picture on the main page.

WOW! I just saw it at rebelscum. Although I'm very disappointed to see that stupid greedo thing in the band, I am ecstatic to finally see the real sy snootles!! Woo HOO
I've got a lot of catching up to do in my kubricks collection.

evenflow
01-22-2005, 10:32 PM
WOW! I just saw it at rebelscum. Although I'm very disappointed to see that stupid greedo thing in the band, I am ecstatic to finally see the real sy snootles!! Woo HOO
I've got a lot of catching up to do in my kubricks collection.

I dont mind the Greedo wannabe Dodo. He is just a little bonus. It also gives me hope that they will make the res tof the band members since they included him. I am also hoping for Jabba the Hutt somehow and Yarna Da'l Gargan.

[Davin Felth]
02-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi guys, Well i'm a very happy colletor today as i've just got myself the sandtrooper (black pauldron) carded kubrick. I must be nuts cos i paid 183 which roughfly amonts to $342. Oh well i suppose thats what i have to expect now i'm collecting. Does the feeling of happiness change to pain when you realise it's only going to be sitting on a shelf :crazed:

evenflow
02-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Awesome man, I still need one of those.

Series 4 has been announced:
Darth Vader
StormTrooper
Emperor
Luke Bespin
Han Hoth
Nein Numb

Turambar
02-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Good grief! It seems like there's a new set every week. Somebody over seas is getting rich off us collectors. They don't know the power of the dark side. . . I must buy these tiny pieces of plastic.
Series 4 sounds awesome!
Anyone forked over the almost $200 for the rebo band yet?
With the 12" medicom line beginning, now, and sideshow statues forthcoming, I just can't blow my money fast enough!

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I only buy the basic Kubricks, no "chase" figures, "carded" figures or "boxed" sets. They just aren't worth it IMO. Sure they are cute and kina cool, but none of them are worth forking out more than $10.00 a piece for, even in their box sets.

The only thing I don't like about this line are all the "exclusives" sure they are kinda cool, but for me Kubricks will never be a high end collectable.

Turambar
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I saw a preorder for series 4 on ebay yesterday. It looks great. I'm hoping this will be like series 1 with only one chase figure: helmetless vader. That way I can catch up on the others.

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Things from another World is a pretty good spot to get them at.

check out Thingsfromanotherworld.com

evenflow
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I am really hoping they keep the chase figures interesting, they really cheaped out in the new Marvel series and hope they dont follow in the same footsteps here.

Slicker
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
For those that collect these OMGCNFO (http://www.omgcnfo.com/) has Kubricks for like $10 apiece.

Turambar
03-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I will finally be caught up with my kubricks once I get my logray in the mail this week. I got the rebo band a few weeks ago, and series 3 came in this week with the two other chases. I thought it was odd that 3PO is about the tallest of the kubricks.
I can't wait to see what the chases will be with series 4. They could be really boring and obvious. I'm sure we'll see a han hoth blue coat variation and a unhelmed vader. Fitting in with the previous series, that only leaves 0 to 1 more chase. It could be nothing, something else boring like a Luke dagobah, or something really cool like a royal guard or dignitary in the emperor box.

evenflow
03-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Nice on catching up. I am pretty much all caught up with Star Wars too (need the 2 Fett chase figures). I am hoping for soemthing cool like a Royal Guard. I think that it may be a safe bet that Han Hoth may have a chase and a removable helmet Vader as well.

Turambar
03-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Technically I'm still not caught up, but I won't be buying the carded figures -- I would have liked that sandtrooper, though. I also decided not to get non-movie figures (to cut down on expenses) ruling out the Dr Jones and the chase vintage-style Fett.
I'm betting the 3rd chase will be the royal guard!

evenflow
04-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Well it looks like next up for us Kubrick fans is a 400% Boba Fett limited to 1000.

evenflow
06-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Star Wars Series 5 was announced:

Yoda
Luke Jedi
Snaggletooth
Admiral Ackbar
Death Star Gunner
Slave Leia

Seems like a blue Snag would be a logical chase figure.

nash
06-24-2005, 09:27 AM
wow these look cool. are they the size of legos?

Slicker
06-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I just saw pics of these at RS I think and I love the look of these. It makes me wish I had started buying them when they first came out. It's kinda late now as I think it's the Sandtrooper that goes for around $200.:eek:

Edit: Here's a picture.

evenflow
06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I just saw pics of these at RS I think and I love the look of these. It makes me wish I had started buying them when they first came out. It's kinda late now as I think it's the Sandtrooper that goes for around $200.:eek:

Edit: Here's a picture.

The black pauldron Sandtrooper goes for serious cash, the white and orange and very affordable. It isnt cheap to collect, but if you only go for the basic figures and not the chase, its actually not too bad at all.

evenflow
06-30-2005, 05:59 PM
The series 4 chase seems to be a Dagobah Vader.

DarkArtist
07-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Where is a good website to order the Kubricks from without having to pay and arm and a leg for them. I tried ebay but the prices are crazy and I can't read Japanese or I would just order them from the Kubrick website.

evenflow
07-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Where is a good website to order the Kubricks from without having to pay and arm and a leg for them. I tried ebay but the prices are crazy and I can't read Japanese or I would just order them from the Kubrick website.

Well i think BBTS sells them by the box.

DarkArtist
07-01-2005, 09:42 AM
What is BBTS, if it is a website can you give me the address :confused:

evenflow
07-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Well it seems that the series 4 chases are now:

Dagobah Vader
Luke in Stormtrooper gear
Han in Stormtrooper gear

Mopiku
07-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Picture from SW series 5 has released. Expected Date: October 2005

Star Wars Kubrick Series 5 (http://www.mopiku.com/images/shop/kubricks_bearbricks/starwars5.jpg)

What is your opinion on this set??

plasticfetish
11-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Let's bump this one up!

From an ad on the back cover of issue 92 "Figure-Oh" magazine...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=15425&cat=1848

I really want that Yoda figure. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2005, 01:08 AM
the leia is a little bit scary :nerv:

plasticfetish
11-18-2005, 01:33 AM
When you take something curvy and make it very not curvy it tends to come out a little weird. (The idea of a block figure wearing a bikini is weird.)

Mopiku
11-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Star Wars kubrick series 5 coming end of NOV. Yeah! Can't wait...

p.s. do you know there will be two 400% Star Wars kubrick coming this December?
1) Luke in stormtrooper disguise
2) Han in stormtrooper disguise

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
When you take something curvy and make it very not curvy it tends to come out a little weird.

Hilarious! If I would have been drinking something, I'd have spit it out all over!

Leia in her hoth outfit would turn out good and even in her bespin dress 'cause the dress is straight, but the leia bikini *cringe It's almost as bad as POTF 2 Monkey Leia ;)

Mopiku
11-23-2005, 05:48 PM
New Star Wars kubrick from Medicom
1) 400% kubrick - Han & Luke Stormtrooper
2) Toys R Us Star Wars toy set

evenflow
11-25-2005, 03:01 PM
The chase figures for series 5 are Blue Snaggletooth, Walrus Man, and Han with trench coat.

bobafrett
11-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Hilarious! If I would have been drinking something, I'd have spit it out all over!

Leia in her hoth outfit would turn out good and even in her bespin dress 'cause the dress is straight, but the leia bikini *cringe It's almost as bad as POTF 2 Monkey Leia ;)

Did Carrie get back into her slave outfit recently to pose for this figure? :razz: It reminds me of the Lego slave Leia, no curves. You would think if they could give Yoda pointed ears, they could give Leia a slender waistline. I still like Kubricks, but I have had to cut back on my spending. :(

plasticfetish
12-01-2005, 09:12 PM
OK. Not Star Wars, but really brilliant...

Mopiku
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah! Sex Pisrols rocks!

bobafrett
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I always wondered who the other two blokes in the Sex Pistols were besides Vicious and Rotten.

Mopiku
12-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Steve Jones and Paul Cook

evenflow
12-18-2005, 08:07 AM
It seems that the new Toys R US sets are out. Some people over there have found them.