PDA

View Full Version : What A Find..........

Kidhuman
01-28-2004, 09:34 PM
I was shopping in Wal-Mart this evening, and as usual I looked in the 5 dollar DVD bin. Expecting to find the usual sappy romance stuff and horrible movies, I stuymbled upon an instant classic IMO.

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane. This movie rocks. It is one of the funniest movies I ever seen. Wayne Newton is Hilarious, as is the Diceman. I couldnt beleive my eyes when I saw it. Anyone else out there love this movie as much as I do?

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Oh man, that's awesome! I like this movie so much, I saw it in the theaters more than once, and even own the soundtrack. It's too bad Dice made himself so controversial that it drove audiences away, this is a cool, stylistic action comedy. I'll definitely try to track this sucker down next time I hit the big yellow smileyface :)

billfremore
01-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Nice to see I'm not the only person who thought this movie was a hoot.

"Hey what are yer names Neal and Bob or is that just what you do?"

Kidhuman
01-29-2004, 12:21 PM
So many classic lines and jokes from this movie. One of my favorite parts is when Dice is making fun of that singer guy. LMAO.

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 11:43 PM
I like Ed O'Neil's bit in the film and his Disco Express song, "Booty Time"! :D

Kidhuman
01-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Booty Time, Booty Time across the USA, booty time booty time hey hey hey............an instant classic.

Just cant repeat what Dice says.

Kidhuman
01-31-2004, 12:39 AM
Iwent back to Wally WOrld today and found Creepshow for 5 bucks too. Iknow its been out for a while, but its a great movie that is underpriced IMO.

Darth Jax
01-31-2004, 05:31 PM
i hate walmart so don't go there often. when i do i always browse their discount DVD section. i've found many movies that i considered great but aren't much admired by the majority of peoples. Ford Fairlane would be an example of such a movie, though i haven't had the luck of finding it.

James Boba Fettfield
01-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Iwent back to Wally WOrld today and found Creepshow for 5 bucks too. Iknow its been out for a while, but its a great movie that is underpriced IMO.

Quite right it is underpriced!

jjreason
01-31-2004, 07:17 PM
I will buy it if I find it. I used to love the Dice Man as well, and got more than a few laughs impersonating his bit. Funny shtuff - but way over the top! Remember Nora Dunn (noted feminist Nora Dunn, that is) wouldn't perform on Saturday Night Live when he guest hosted back in the day?

Kidhuman
01-31-2004, 08:09 PM
I will buy it if I find it. I used to love the Dice Man as well, and got more than a few laughs impersonating his bit. Funny shtuff - but way over the top! Remember Nora Dunn (noted feminist Nora Dunn, that is) wouldn't perform on Saturday Night Live when he guest hosted back in the day?

I rememebr that show, as a matter of fact, my friend Damien has it on tape. I watched it about three years ago. I couldnt stop laughing at it. That was one of the best SNL shows ever. Remember his Raging Bull skit?

JediTricks
02-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Remember Nora Dunn (noted feminist Nora Dunn, that is) wouldn't perform on Saturday Night Live when he guest hosted back in the day?Yeah, I remember that. I always thought that was just Dunn's way of trying to distract the public from her incredible lack of talent. She was the least-funny female on the show during her run by a large margin - my guess is that they kept her on only because they needed a lot of nasal and prissy female roles filled.