PDA

View Full Version : Febuary 2004: Monthly DVD Round-Up!!!

Beast
01-29-2004, 04:10 AM
Well, January was a killer. And I had to drop some titles out of my list. Thankfully Febuary is lightweight for me. So I don't have as many titles to purchase, and can maybe catch up on a few of the old titles on my wishlists. So here's mine, what's yours. For an easy list of what's coming, check the link at the end of my post.

Febuary 3rd, 2004:
Gilligan's Island: The Complete First Season
Planet of the Apes: 35th Anniversary Edition
Return to Oz

Febuary 10th, 2004:
Lion King 1 1/2
X-Men: Evolution Season 2 - Volume 2: Powers Revealed - Contains:
Beast of Bayville, Adrift, On Angel's Wings, and African Storm

Febuary 17th, 2004:
-Nothing-

Febuary 24th, 2004:
-Nothing-

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/bargain.php

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 04:57 AM
Who is releasing Return to Oz this time? I missed out on the Anchor Bay DVD (what the hell is up with Disney releasing their unloved live action from the early '80s through Anchor Bay anyway?) so I'd like to get my hands on this one. Any features?

Beast
01-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Disney is releasing it this time. It's going to be the same features as the last release, sadly. But it may end up getting an anamorphic transfer from what I understand. Hope so. I know they're ditching the Pan & Scan version, for the new release. Atleast according to Ultimate Disney. :)

December 20, 2003 - We're finally starting to hear details on February's catalogue slate. The good news is that Return to Oz (pre-order) will be widescreen and apparently will include everything that the now out-of-print Anchor Bay DVD, except for the Fullscreen transfer.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the 411. Sounds good, though certainly more features on this unique film would be better.

Beast
01-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Indeed. But folks like us will probably remain the minority when it comes to this film. I really would like to see a new Oz film, actually based on the original novels. Can you imagine the Lion, Scarecrow, and Tin Man with today's technology. Drool. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Wow, I really only want one thing.

Feb. 24th
Opeth - Lamentations

Pendo
01-29-2004, 01:58 PM
The list for me this month includes:

2nd February
Tomb Raider 2

16th February
Red Dwarf - Series IV

23rd February
Bad Boys/Bad Boys II Box Set

PENDO!

El Chuxter
01-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Gilligan is a must, and (even though I just learned of it) the POTA is another must. (Who cares if I got the box set a few years ago? It's more damn dirty apes!!)

No one else is getting The Gods Must Be Crazy 1&2? :eek: Heathens!!

I think Mel Gibson's Hamlet comes out this month, too. Aside from these, I can't think of anything. I might pick up some stragglers, like Alien, Aliens, the MTV Spidey 'toon, The Critic, and my missing sets of Transformers and GIJoe.