PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the menus are going to look like on the DVDs?

Tycho
01-30-2004, 02:00 AM
OK, on THE PHANTOM MENACE,

we had Naboo, Tatooine, and Coruscant,

with the chapter menus being Otah Gunga, Podracing obstacles, and the Galactic Senate.

On ATTACK OF THE CLONES,

We had Coruscant, Kamino, and Geonosis,

with some buildings, the cloning lab, and the droid factory being the chapter menus.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WE'LL SEE ON A NEW HOPE?

I'm guessing:

Tatooine, the Death Star, Yavin IV

with submenus being the Cantina, the Death Star Detention Center, and the Death Star surface battle.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Hoth, Dagobah, and Bespin's Cloud City

with chapter menus being the trench battle, inside the Falcon (in the asteroid belt), and the Carbon Freezing Chamber

RETURN OF THE JEDI

Jabba's Palace, the Rebel Fleet/going into Home One's briefing room, Endor and the Imperial Base

with chapter menus being the creature-occupied alcoves in the palace, OR inside the Rancor pit, Home One's hanger bay, and the Ewok Village.

What do you guys think the DVD's will look like?

Pendo
01-30-2004, 03:06 AM
I'd agree with all of them Tycho. There's not really much more they could be :).

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
01-30-2004, 10:06 AM
WHAT DO YOU THINK WE'LL SEE ON A NEW HOPE?

I'm guessing:

Tatooine, the Death Star, Yavin IV

with submenus being the Cantina, the Death Star Detention Center, and the Death Star surface battle.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Hoth, Dagobah, and Bespin's Cloud City

with chapter menus being the trench battle, inside the Falcon (in the asteroid belt), and the Carbon Freezing Chamber

RETURN OF THE JEDI

Jabba's Palace, the Rebel Fleet/going into Home One's briefing room, Endor and the Imperial Base

with chapter menus being the creature-occupied alcoves in the palace, OR inside the Rancor pit, Home One's hanger bay, and the Ewok Village.

What do you guys think the DVD's will look like?

Other possibilities (for either submenus or first menu screen):

ANH: Tantive IV, Jawa Sandcrawler, Lars Homestead, streets of Mos Eisley, Hangar 94, Massassi Temple

ESB: Echo Base Hangar, Medicenter (Luke in Bacta Tank), Vader's chamber on the Executor, Executor bridge, Yoda's pad, Wampa Cave (what trench battle, Tycho? On Hoth?)

How about a cool menu with Han spilling the Tauntaun's guts? As they come splooshing out we could get the chapters. Click on the stomach for Wampa's Cave and the spleen for the Bounty Hunter scene. :crazed:

ROTJ: Emperor's throne room, Sarlaac pit battle, Jabba's Sailbarge, Max Rebo Band, Bridge of the Mon Cal ship (kind of lame, though), DS2 shuttle hangar.

Aside from the menus, I'd really like to know about the overall format. I hope Lucasfilm ends up doing a two-disc set per film and not something like Indy with only 1 bonus disc.

El Chuxter
01-30-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm sure they'll be two-disc sets and kept very consistent with TPM and AOTC.

Hopefully the "1138" on the options screen easter egg will work. I want bloopers! (That's counting the scenes of the Rebels whistling nonchalantly on the Death Star and Ackbar's "Can't no s*** get through!") lol

Pendo
01-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm sure they'll be two-disc sets and kept very consistent with TPM and AOTC.

Hopefully the "1138" on the options screen easter egg will work. I want bloopers! (That's counting the scenes of the Rebels whistling nonchalantly on the Death Star and Ackbar's "Can't no s*** get through!") lol
We can all dream :)...

PENDO!

B'Omarr Monkey
01-30-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm more interested in the content. I remember Lucas saying he wanted to include versions of the film without any of the SFX added, and versions that were complete minus Ben Burtt's sound effects contibutions & I believe, music, just so everyone can see how much they add to the final work.

I have a feeling that this won't be on any of the extras, as I think the trilogy is mainly being rushed out to please everyone who'se been clamoring for it. Lucass aid he wouldn't have time to attend to all the archival material he wanted to include until the PT was behind him.

What this means is that after 2006 there will probably be a humongous box set offered, which means we'll all be buying the DVDs twice. On the plus side, this will probably be the only time we get the original trilogy in its sepecial edition form, before Lucas goes and mucks around with the OT again adding all the new stuff he's been putting together to make it mesh with the PT.

I would also like to see all the deleted scenes included, as well as that alternate version that was featured in SW Insider a few years ago with the rear projection screens for the landspeeder & Millennium Falcon scenes, and where Han is seen in his cantina booth with a space chick.

El Chuxter
01-30-2004, 11:49 AM
I've found it odd that Lucas has said time and time again that these are supposed to work as silent movies (with only the score) and that Williams' score is integral to the movies, but none of the DVDs have music-only audio tracks. :dis:

There's a lot of stuff missing from the two DVDs so far, which hopefully will end up on the super boxed set we're inevitably getting. I don't mind double-dipping to get some of those bonuses.

scruffziller
01-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Yea we gotta see Luke fighting the Crimson Guards.