PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Ben & Vader pics...

JEDIpartner
12-07-2001, 08:21 AM
www.collectstarwars.com has posted pics of the new 25th Anniversary set of Obi-Wan and Vader's duel on the Death Star. I just thought I'd give you guys the heads up on this one as well. :p

Rollo Tomassi
12-07-2001, 09:25 AM
Well, these are just tired old resculpts of figgies we've got 20 or more of. I'm not saying i won't buy them (or the other two two packs) but wouldn't you guys rather see original obscure background characters then another Vader? And the packaging is just gonna take up storage space....

jedi master sal
12-07-2001, 10:19 AM
of course we would like to see new characters butI think hasbro thinking is that those characters to which you allude are not an intergral (spelling) part of the story and won't sell well. Just look at all the ellors madak around. They have to justify producing a fig like those and with the ellors one we meaning the fans and collectors may have killed off the possibility of more obscure figs by not buying ellors up. (this is part in blame to hasbro for making to many but, again they have to make so many to justify it) I guess we will just have to sculpt our own

oldfossil
12-07-2001, 08:29 PM
I don't know. True, I love background characters, especially droids. But I really enjoy well-sculpted reissues of core characters. I am SO looking forward to the 25th Anniversary Chewbacca, and now I'm really psyched about the new Ben, as well! I do not mind at all that I have to buy yet ANOTHER Vader in order to get this Ben, since the Vader seems to be just as well done. And, much as I like Madak and Ketwol and Porkins, the most prominent figures on my shelves are the Vaders, the Bens, Hans, Lukes, Artoos, Stormtroopers, and Threepios. No Leias yet worthy of prominent display, unfortunately.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot Lando and Boba Fett.

bigbarada
12-07-2001, 11:22 PM
The only ANH Leia that even comes close to being display worthy is the Leia Collection one with the cloth dress; but she is too tall. We really need a well sculpted ANH Leia who is the correct size (like the Bespin Escape Leia).

These figures are nice, but I think they would have looked much higher quality with cloth capes/robes. That plastic makes them look too cheap.

I also agree with oldfossil about the choice of characters to celebrate the 25th Anniversary. Obscure Cantina aliens would have seemed a little strange. Too bad Threepio and Artoo were totally ignored.:mad:

JediTricks
12-08-2001, 12:27 AM
These look interesting, but why is it that nearly every Obi-Wan figure from ANH looks like it's smuggling a family of Jawas under his robes? That Obi-Wan is bigger than Vader at the base of their cloaks!

Jayspawn
12-10-2001, 01:47 PM
Right on JediTricks! These look and I really like them. I thought FLashback Vader and Ben were good figures, and they look nice fighting eachother.