PDA

View Full Version : Nick Gillard's character in Episode III.

-Durge-
01-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Well we all the he is in it but who will he be? A jedi? A Wookie? What do you guys think?

Hey he might even fight Anakin. Do you think he will be a cool alien jedi with a yellow saber??

Have your say.

Beast
01-31-2004, 07:28 PM
Well, if he does play a Jedi the saber won't be yellow. The decree from Lucas is Red, Blue, Green. Mace got purple because Samuel L. Jackson requested it, and it was approved since he's the head of the coucil. As for who Nick Gillard will play? He's listed as Jedi Extra on IMDB. So don't expect anything profound. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
01-31-2004, 08:38 PM
JJB, somewhere I think TF.N it said he will have a yellow saber. I dont know if its true or not...

Pendo
02-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Nick revealed during an online chat that he IS playing a Jedi. As for the saber, I really hope it isn't yellow for continuity sake :).

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-01-2004, 06:33 AM
Pendo, will Nick has a CGI Jedi?

-Durge-
02-01-2004, 07:02 AM
From www.episode-x.com (http://www.episode-x.com)

Nick Gillard’s character is named "Cin Drallig" and has long hair. He battles Anakin Skywalker (for a few seconds) in EIII. Gillard said his character's lightsaber is yellow.

Hmmmm......

Pendo
02-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Pendo, will Nick has a CGI Jedi?
I doubt it as there's be no reason for Nick to play the character, it's only a very small cameo role, like Rick mcCallum in TPM. Not a major part at all, just a background character. If he was going to be CGI then it wouldn't be Nick Gillard :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-02-2004, 12:03 AM
If he was going to be CGI then it wouldn't be Nick Gillard :rolleyes:.

PENDO!Actully he might be cgi...

r3pohh yeah
02-02-2004, 03:47 AM
Actully he might be cgi...
durge, how could nick gillarg be cgi if he is a real person?? mabe i just don't understand what you were trying to say.

jedi master sal
02-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Well, if he wasn't present for the initial filming (which I would find hard to believe) then they could have shot the scene with him against bluescreen, then rotoscoped him and then use CGI to "clean" him up.

I like the play on his name...Cin Drallig

Essentially that's Nick spelled backwards Nick=Cin and Drallig is a restructuring of the letters in his last name Gillard=Drallig.

They did the same thing with Rob Coleman making his character Colman Trebor (Trebor being Robert backwards).

I'd like to see a new color lightsaber but I think that's too late now. Had this been done in EPI or maybe even EPII with the plethora of Jedi, it would have been better received. But now, no way. Since this will be the last movie, how if it that a (non-descript) Jedi has a yellow blade. He'd be the only one and he does not have the distinction of being the council's leader, so why the new color.

Again, I think it would be cool but too late now. Better for continuity to keep blue, red and green with Mace as the ONLY exception.

-Durge-
02-03-2004, 12:34 AM
I agree with you jedi master sal. But it would be ultra cool if it is yellow.