PDA

View Full Version : Wooho!! "Pirates of the Caribbean" action figures!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

plasticfetish
01-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I like that "TOP MOVIE TOYS OF 2006" list. Isn't that also a list of ALL of the movie toys from 2006? lol Not a big surprise that Star Wars is at the top. If anything, it was the franchise with the MOST merchandise on the shelves at the largest number of stores.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm eagerly waiting for Butterscotch to star in her own movie!

I'd camp out all night to see the midnight showing of that one.

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Star Wars is the top selling MOVIE toy, not the top selling toy, there's a huge difference, for example, Hot Wheels remain the top-selling toy by volume.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 06:53 AM
for example, Hot Wheels remain the top-selling toy by volume.

That's right - there are dirty guys who haven't see a shower for a week standing outside of retail outlets right now waiting for them to stock the HotWheels. :rolleyes:

RooJay
01-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Star Wars is the top selling MOVIE toy, not the top selling toy, there's a huge difference, for example, Hot Wheels remain the top-selling toy by volume.

I happen to know for a fact that Cars merchandising did gangbusters this past year (part of my bonus was based on that tremendous success) and it still was only ranked number two out of movie toy sales. Therefore, whether or not the distinction is made for movie toys versus overall toy sales, Star Wars still sits pretty high on the hog. It's going to take quite a lot of convincing to make me believe that a $250, three foot tall, electronic pony that really does nothing other than move it's head form side to side and make noises would naturally sell more units than the aforementioned Millenium Falcon playset, even if they were the same price.

I'm just sayin', is all!

Blue2th
01-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I happen to know for a fact that Cars merchandising did gangbusters this past year (part of my bonus was based on that tremendous success) and it still was only ranked number two out of movie toy sales.
I was in Walmart the other day. Ran into a Hot Wheels buddy of mine (this one was clean, though most ARE dirty hmm) He showed me the newest "Cars" of Sully and the one eyed guy from "Monsters" and Buzz and Woody looking Cars that he got. So the Hot Wheels guys are helping the sales of "Cars" also. Those people who came up with these things are marketing geniuses to hook the Hot Wheels guys and the Action figure people at the same time. Cross-over appeal.

figrin bran
01-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I forgot to check for how long this offer is good but at TRU, all POTC toys are 50% off.
i picked up a Ragetti and an extra Singapore Swann for custom fodder.

JediTricks
01-21-2007, 04:08 AM
How is that Singapore Swan figure? It's the only pirate-human I don't have yet, but it looks not so great so I held off even though I saw it for $3 at TRU yesterday.

jonthejedi
01-21-2007, 05:59 AM
I still haven't seen Clanker anywhere, but picked up the other two "Sneaks." Actually found a WalMart near where I work twice a month that still had Bootstrap Bill & Palifico(both of which I needed from first two waves).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-28-2007, 10:39 AM
two new press shots for At Worlds End series 1 are up. Pics are of Seo Fang and the new Jack Sparrow. Something about Sparrow's face is weird to me. Still think that the Cannibal Jack is the best version of him in a long time.

I need to take some tmie and play catchup and get these figures. :crazed:

Final wave of DMC due out Feb/March.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Something about Sparrow's face is weird to me. It looks like a good likeness to me, but is either slightly too narrow or too long (too narrow is a COMMON problem with realscan-derived figures).

figrin bran
01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Target has already lowered the price on the comic 2 packs from 11.99 to 8.99. i guess no one's been buying them.

RooJay
01-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Wow! Finally Neca gives us a new sculpt of Captain Jack!

Ji'dai
02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I saw Zizzle Deluxe wave 2 today. Except for a new Davy Jones crewman (Kelinak?), they looked like repacks of older figures with some kind of marine creature. Sparrow comes with an octopus and some green slime and Pintel has a shark.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
New Liz Swann: http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/showphoto.php?photo=1692

Here is the lineup for the first two waves of AWE.

Pirates: At World's End Series 1 (May)
Jack Sparrow (all new sculpt w/ coat and Beach Base)
Sao Feng (all new w/ Bath House Base)
Pintel (new deco w/ Bath House Base)
Ragetti (new deco w/ Bath House Base)

Pirates: At World's End Series 1 (August)
Jack Sparrow (all new sculpt w/out coat & deck of Black Pearl Base)
Elizabeth Swann (all new w/ Bath House Base)
Tia Dalma (all new w/ deck of Black Pearl Base)
Figure 4 - TBD

and i'm happy to announce that i fell a-- backwards into some $$ and thus, kinda bought some POTC figures. How many you ask? all of them. I'm COMPLETELY caught up; about what, 27 figures and a box set? Lots o' money, but got all of'em. And an extra Cannibal Sparrow cos i think he looks amazing. Glad to be part of the POTC posse. Is there a secret handshake or something I need to know? :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Fell a** backwards into some money? Whoa... I'll say. :)
Congrats there on that new mountain of pirate plastic.

I'm really into that Sao Feng (http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/showphoto.php?photo=1670) figure. Looks super.

jonthejedi
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Neca just can't seem to get Liz Swann's likeness right. I've been slowly picking up Zizzle's line, even though I'm missing alot of the Final Battle ones, extra Will Turners, etc...tryin' to get every different character. I almost didn't get Davey Jones & Palifico...but an older WalMart was still sitting on old stock. Just picked up Norrington & Cannibal Chief. I like the Chow Yun Fat character, he should be wicked cool. The movie 3 sneak Liz I saw actually had a decent resemblance...but others had horrid paint aps. I've noticed alot of WalMarts have cleaned out all series 1, 2 , etc in favor of new Secrets of the Deep & Movie 3 series...has anyone else noticed this?

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
That NECA sculpt isn't finalized, so I'm guessing they'll pull a better likeness off by the time it's finished - it doesn't look much like her right now, more Nicole Kidman. :p

Anybody seen Zizzle coverage from Toy Fair? I'm beginning to wonder if they showed up.

Ji'dai
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I spotted NECA's Dead Man's Chest Series 3 at Hot Topic yesterday. Cannibal Sparrow looked pretty good, as did Clanker. Norrington's face is too wide, not a good likeness at all. Pretty much the same Barbossa as before.

General_Grievous
03-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Found pics from the first wave of the "At World's End" line.

http://www.thegd.com/news.asp?ID=1284

Tai Huang and Singapore Elizabeth have been repacked, but we also get Jack Sparrow (removable coat), Prisoner Will, Marty (the midget), Sao Feng, and Admiral Norrington. Not too shabby.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
The Zizzle line is pretty nifty for kids and collectors. I like their wide selection of figures and that Black pearl set! Awesome! :thumbsup:

I got series 3 a few weeks ago and got an extra Cannibal Jack to open: BEST. SPARROW. EVER. Seriously, the Cannibal Jack is just superb in it's likeness. Bravo, NECA. Pretty excited for the final waves of the POTC line. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Spotted the Zizzle At Worlds End deluxes at Kmart the other day, nothing really special from what I saw, but the packaging was smaller.

General_Grievous
03-17-2007, 09:45 PM
In addition to the previous pics I've posted, there is also a Gibbs figure from "At World's End".
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATES-OF-THE-CARIBBEAN-GIBBS-AT-WORLDS-END-ZIZZLE-NEW_W0QQitemZ160096589048QQcategoryZ142335QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

JT, which characters were included in the new deluxe sets?

Also, I'm thinking about collecting this line, so I'm compiling a list of the Zizzle POTC figures. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing any from this list?

Dead Man's Chest
Captain Jack Sparrow
Jack Sparrow (Prison Escape)
Jack Sparrow (Cannibal)
Jack Sparrow (Final Battle)
Jack Sparrow (Skeleton)
Will Turner
Will Turner (Final Battle)
Elizabeth Swann
Davy Jones
Pintel
Ragetti
Captain Barbossa
Clanker
Palifico
Maccus
Koleniko (from deluxe)
Cannibal Warrior
Norrington

At World's End
Jack Sparrow (removable coat)
Prisoner Will Turner
Singapore Elizabeth Swann
Sao Feng
Tai Huang
Gibbs
Marty
Admiral Norrington

JediTricks
03-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm glad to see Gibbs and other humans coming soon.

All I remember of the deluxes is Sparrow with crab, according to EE the whole wave is: 2x Sao Feng with Empress Cannon and Chinese Pirate Weapons, 2x Jack Sparrow with Transforming Crab and Map from Davy Jones' Locker, 1x Will Turner with Exlpoding Powder Keg Raft, 1x Pirate King Elizabeth Swan with Glowing Brethern Court Globe and Swords.

RooJay
03-18-2007, 12:52 AM
I've seen the At World's End Deluxes at K-Mart as well (strange, since my local K-Mart almost never seems to get new items period much less first) and I found the Singapore Playset (really cool lookin' plus, pictured on the back was a figure of the Marty "Stunt Runt" Klebba pirate! Awesome!), the mini asian pirate ship, and some role play weapons at Wal-Mart.

figrin bran
03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
i picked up a Koleniko for $1.98 from Target. at that price, i figured what the heck

jonthejedi
03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Also spotted the At Worlds End Deluxes at a MD WalMart this am...wasn't really too impressed.

jonthejedi
03-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Today at Target I spotted Zizzle's version of SW Unleashed BP's: 3 different multi-figure sets, Capt. Feng & crew, Davey Jones & Crew, Capt. Jack Sparrow & Black Pearl crew(Gibbs rules!) This weekend must be the big unveiling of Spidey 3, TAC SW & POTC3...although they're probably more guidelines than anything...savy?

Ji'dai
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Zizzle's AWE Deluxe have made an appearance in my area too. I also found the Mega Bloks Flying Dutchman in AWE packaging at TRU Thursday. Looks like a straight repack of the ship from the Dead Man's Chest line. I suspect we'll see the Black Pearl repackaged for AWE too.

figrin bran
03-24-2007, 08:14 PM
the only place that had any of the new 3.75" Zizzle figs out was TRU and it looks like they only put out one case, though they also had deluxes and the Force Battler scale figs. i had a $5 gift card from spending 20 on SW purchases so i used it on a Sao Feng.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I saw the Zizzle 3.75" AWE basics at all 3 major chains yesterday, but only TRU had Marty & Gibbs, so I bought them.

Gibbs is pretty good in the sculpt, the paint is on par with this line which means "alright, both hit and miss" and his hair is black without the gray it needs. He comes with just 1 accessory, a pistol, but his vest is easily removable since his arms can pop out and in without much difficulty.

Marty isn't quite as recognizable in the facial sculpt, but it sells the character ok. The articulation is on-par with the rest of the line, I'm glad they didn't phone this in simply because he's a little person. He's got 2 accessories, the first is the duck-foot pistol - a gold flintlock with 4 barrels like splayed fingers - and the latter is Jack the monkey in Chinese garb - the monkey sports only waist articulation, and it's hard to believe this is the first figure of this monkey bastage.

I'm really glad to have both, they are gonna bolster my Black Pearl's crew out nicely!

I saw the rest of the basics, the sculpt on Sao Feng is good enough that I uttered "is Chow Yun Fat in this movie?" (answer: yes). Jack Sparrow with removable jacket is disappointing - he's not wearing the jacket, and the figure is very samey as the other Jacks. Admiral Norrington is very bright and clean, but boring. Will Turner is interesting in that they gave him universal-joint shoulders rather than standard swivels, they're a little bulky (especially compared to the same costume on the AWE deluxe version of him) but it looks like it's gonna add a lot of poseability.

figrin bran
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
I was going to buy a Gibbs from Target but decided to wait until they lower the price. i haven't seen what Norrington will look like in AWE but that figure is awfully, awfully bright in yellow...really sticks out like a sore thumb among all the other zizzle figures.

the Deluxe Turner has a raft that would be a pretty good accessory to own but i'll wait for a price drop on that as well.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 10:55 PM
The picture on Adm. Norrington's card seems to be similar but not as loud versions of that blue and yellow getup.

jonthejedi
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Picked up AWE wave 1 at local WalMart. I thought Gibbs was the standout. Is Capt. Sao Feng short-packed? I only saw 1 of him so I grabbed him. I can't believe Swann & Tai Huang are the same as the sneak preview ones, so I passed on those two.

JediTricks
03-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't think Capt Feng is shortpacked, I saw the same number of him as I did the others last weekend.

figrin bran
03-27-2007, 10:21 PM
i don't think Feng is shortpacked either...when i saw them at Target the other day, there was at least 2 of every figure except Marty

RooJay
03-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Made my first AWE purchase this evening - couldn't pass on little Marty! Great figure for a great character! The others will have to wait as I've had several other more important financial obligations this week, but soon! Gibbs looks fantastic - I think the best likeness in the line so far. The sculpts look to be continuing to get better from this line.
Also of note, the 12inch Jack/Elizabeth 2-pack was also in stock at Target. The sculpts on this line are still not as great, though serviceable nonetheless, but boy howdy does Ms. Swann ever have one gigantic noggin! Captain Jack could literally wear her skull as a helmet (kind of reminds me of that awful 12inch Tarkin Hasbro did whose head was larger than the Stormtrooper's helmet!) The outfits are actually quite good however. I especially like the work done on Elizabeth Swann's Asian Pirate ensemble!
One other item I saw was a deluxe set featuring Captain Jack and a "Shrunken Head". The Jack appears to be one of the regular figures again, and the shrunken head is actually a role-play item. I thought it was kind of funny that here's this tiny figure of Captain Jack Sparrow packaged with a "Shrunken Head" that was larger than he! Wonder if that might confuse any of the kiddies into thinking the movie features Jack interacting with a gigantic shrunken head?

toonimator
03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Over the last week I picked up 2 Martys (one for customs), Gibbs, basic Sao Feng, deluxe Sao Feng, and deluxe Will & Elizabeth. Basic Sao Feng is definitely NOT shortpacked... there are as many of him as of Jack, it seemed. Looking at EE (granted, it says it's Revision 1) there's 1 of everyone except Jack (3), Sao (2), and Will (2).

My local Target had 'em all on Tuesday, still had most yesterday, but today were down to Jacks, Wills, and a couple Saos.

Anyone figure out the Deluxe Liz globe puzzle? I don't know if mine's a dud or not, I tried every combination I could think of, found two slots where the swords kinda lock in, but that's it! The bendy swords don't help, either. Great figure, though. I think AWE figures in general will provide tons of great custom fodder for more pirates and SW!

I'm disappointed there's no Cotton w/ Parrot in Wave 2 or 3... him, Tia, and maybe some more Dutchman pirates would be nice to see in a 4th wave, if they do one (interspersed with a unified line would work, too, once they start doing COTBP figures)

The deluxe Will's easily the best they've done, all the other Wills looked goofy and had awkward poses. Swivel wrists would be a nice addition to all of these figures since many look kinda silly holding their weapons in most poses. They still haven't done a really good Jack, hopefully Wave 3's entry will do it. The Shrunken Head Jack looks like he might have ball-jointed shoulders, but he's still got gorilla arms and is a bit too bulky.

General_Grievous
03-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm disappointed there's no Cotton w/ Parrot in Wave 2 or 3... him, Tia, and maybe some more Dutchman pirates would be nice to see in a 4th wave, if they do one (interspersed with a unified line would work, too, once they start doing COTBP figures)

I'm sure they will continue the line after the At Worlds End waves. They've still got characters like Tia Dalma, Cotton, Beckett, some of the cursed pirates from the first film, and of course, Jack's father.

DarkArtist
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
picked up Marty and deluxe Elizabeth today at Wally World.

toonimator
03-29-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm sure they will continue the line after the At Worlds End waves. They've still got characters like Tia Dalma, Cotton, Beckett, some of the cursed pirates from the first film, and of course, Jack's father.
Beckett's slated for Wave 3 around August! But yeah, I'm sure it'll continue so I shouldn't worry... Cotton was in the first film, after all! Plenty of cursed pirates, Dutchman pirates (we're getting one in Wave 2), variants of Jack, Liz, and Will (and hopefully resculpts of many of the existing ones, like Pirate Liz with her hair tied up, and a better DMC Will). We gotta get cursed versions of Barbossa, Pintel, and Ragetti too!

Ji'dai
03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Zizzle's AWE basic figures have shown up locally, though I'm still looking for a Gibbs and Marty with good paint apps. Also spotted the Singapore cantina playset. Looked kinda neat and reminds me of the old Kenner Cantina. Wal-Mart also had a Pirate Captains set which includes Jones, Barbossa, and a "metallic" gold-colored Jack Sparrow packed with a treasure chest/storage box. Would be a nice set at $15 except for the ridiculous gold Sparrow figure.

General_Grievous
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
I spotted the whole first wave at Toys R Us. Plenty of every figure except Gibbs and Norrington, which I only saw one of each.

JediTricks
03-31-2007, 04:37 PM
I've seen a few of the playsets, but not that cantina, got a link? I may have to track that down, sounds like a great idea.

General_Grievous
03-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Here's some pics.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Zizzle_POTC-AWE_SingaporeBattle.asp

It's not so much a cantina as it is a bath house. It reminds me of one of the Batman animated series playsets that was called something like the Joker acid bath playset where you filled a small tub with water and dipped Batman into it.

There's also this playset:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Zizzle_POTC-AWE_WhirlpoolMelee.asp

It's a ship-to-ship battle between the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman called "Whirlpool Melee". I wonder if they'll release a full-scale Dutchman?

JediTricks
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh man, that's the Cantina? That thing is lame, I actually DID see it, didn't read the title though. My guess is it recreates actions from the movie, which is fine for a movie toy I guess but doesn't make for a great playset.

I saw the whirlpool melee too, it didn't look like a good figure playset, but might have worked better with the action fleet-sized ships.

A full-scale Flying Dutchman might be cool for those into that realm of the saga, I'm not among them but I can see some pretty nifty ideas in there. I think they should try for a $40 pricepoint though instead of $50 or higher the way the Pearl was, it's not as iconic and not well-seen in the films, so there wouldn't be as much interest.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2007, 06:05 PM
NECA posted a pic of Tia Dalma thus far. VERY great sculpt. I'd hit it.

I mean.......:lipsrsealed:

General_Grievous
04-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Good sculpt, but it'll probably have extremely limited articulation.

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 10:22 PM
i saw the 12" Sparrow/Swann two pack at Target this morning...pretty poor sculpts on both and not worth $39.99

Ji'dai
04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I saw the Zizzle AWE Whirlpool playset at TRU today along with the repackaged Black Pearl. Also noticed that WM's price "roll-back" on the 3-3/4line is over - they're back up to regular price.

Mega Bloks has released the AWE Asian pirate ship Empress, saw that one at TRU today too. Also saw the MB "Movie Trilogy Collection" set, which builds playsets from each POTC movie: treasure grotto with Aztec chest and cursed Sparrow and Barbossa; Cannibal Island with spit, bone cage, throne and hut, and an Asian locale from AWE.

figrin bran
04-18-2007, 01:44 AM
i picked up some of the Mega Bloks $5.88 Barbosa and Turner sets from WM. i'll probably get the sets that come in the skulls once they get them in.

Ji'dai
04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I spotted the Mega Bloks AWE mini-figure 2-packs at K-Mart today. These are similar to their Pyrates figure packs. I saw three different packs: Davy Jones & Clanker, Pintel & Ragetti, and Sao Feng & Tai Huang.

Since my KM had all POTC toys 20% off I went ahead and picked up all Zizzle AWE Wave 1 figures today ($4.79 each).

jonthejedi
04-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I can't believe Target has At World's End toys on clearance already, and the dang movie's not even out yet!

JediTricks
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I believe it's just for the summer reset, not because they're ditching the line. They're trying to clear out as much product as possible so they can rebuild the toy aisle.

figrin bran
05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but The Disney Store has a line of AWE figures similar to last year's Dead Man's chest line.

Tia Dalma, Swann, Will, Sparrow, Davy Jones and Barbosa are the offerings. Tia and Barbosa have the best likenesses and sculpts. the other ones are not so great.

Blue2th
05-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Saw the new Black Pearl at TRU. The same as the old one with new packaging, and a few new features like a trap door, and cloth sails etc. The price is $59.99.

JediTricks
05-07-2007, 05:24 PM
New trap door? The ship already has 2 - one at the front and one in the capt's quarters.

I saw the sails and I must admit that while I'm jealous of them getting sails, they really take the ship out of scale with the figures.

sebillba
05-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I've just found five new figures listed on amazon.co.uk, which I assume must be the next Zizzle wave. Unfortunately no pics yet.....

Jack Sparrow 2 with pistol
Pintel with coconut helmet
Angler
Jack Sparrow 3
Davy Jones with removable tentacles

Angler is the obvious standout here. I can't believe we'll be getting another two more Jacks already, and why Davy Jones would need removable tentacles, I can't imagine. I really thought the next wave would see Cotton, Tia Dalma, and maybe even Cutler Beckett.:upset: And I wish they'd do a Ragetti every time they make a new Pintel.

General_Grievous
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
why Davy Jones would need removable tentacles, I can't imagine.
This may or may not be a spoiler from the movie, as this is just a guess, but maybe some of Davy's tentacles get sliced off during his swordfight with Jack.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2007, 06:00 PM
NECA just posted final info for their second wave of AWE figures:

Pirates of the Caribbean AWE Series 2 (Sept)
Elizabeth Swann
Tia Dalma
Jack Sparrow
Teague

1. Another effin' Jack Sparrow?!?! I want characters from the crew of the PEARL, DAMMIT.
2. And who is Teague, you ask? Captain Sparrow's father, played by Keith Richards! REALLY looking forward to this figure. :thumbsup: He's also getting an 18'' figure as well. :lipsrsealed:

General_Grievous
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Alright! I may have to pick up Teague just because it's Keef effin' Richards! As a pirate!

figrin bran
05-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Target has a new AWE endcap with Will and Sparrow 12" and a Monkey toy.
The Will is actually a pretty good likeness.

sebillba
05-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Amazon have more new World's End zizzle figures listed (still no pics):

Beckett
Barbossa
Elizabeth Swann Pirate King with pendant and sword
Flying Dutchman Captain Will Turner
Ragetti (my favourite character after Jack, so I'm hoping this isn't a straight repack)
Pintel

figrin bran
05-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Zizzle's AWE figures are on sale this week at Target.

the basics are $4.99. deluxes are $7.19. not sure about the other toys though.

figrin bran
06-03-2007, 02:35 AM
for what it's worth, i believe there might be a variation on the singapore swann figures as there are some on the AWE packaging that do not have painted eyelashes.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 03:15 AM
I finally saw AWE yesterday and something caught my eye - Marty doesn't use the duck-foot flintlock in the movie! He uses that huge cannon that knocks him down and he uses another big-bore pistol, but when we see the duck-foot pistol it's actually being held by someone else in the scene. It's about 4/5ths into the movie.

toonimator
06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I noticed that, too. When I saw the duckfoot waving around I looked for Marty but it was Cotton or Pintel, I think, that had it (one of the main Black Pearl crewmen). Maybe a future Elizabeth figure will have the 'cannon' that Marty gets knocked away with (she had it down the back of her shirt at the beginning of the film... loved Barbossa's incredulous look as he eyed her up & down)

Looking forward to Wave 2 & 3 photos!

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
If they make it for another figure, I hope they design it to fit Marty's hands specifically.

K M Toydarian
06-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Looking forward to Wave 2 & 3 photos!

Speaking of that when will we see pics of the next waves? We have descriptions, but no pics. I can't imagine we will have to wait for SDCC, I figured another wave of figures would be in stores by then.

General_Grievous
06-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Speaking of that when will we see pics of the next waves? We have descriptions, but no pics. I can't imagine we will have to wait for SDCC, I figured another wave of figures would be in stores by then.

Your guess is as good as mine. One stupid thing about Zizzle is that they never release advanced pics and info about their upcoming POTC waves.

Say what you will about Hasbro, but they would never do an asinine thing like that.

figrin bran
06-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Your guess is as good as mine. One stupid thing about Zizzle is that they never release advanced pics and info about their upcoming POTC waves.

Say what you will about Hasbro, but they would never do an asinine thing like that.

right on GG! :thumbsup:

we tend to take it for granted with Hasbro that we have info and pics months and months in advance of their release.

figrin bran
06-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I saw a few Wave 2 Zizzle figures at Target today. They had Barbosa, Ragetti and a Sparrow - all repacks but with some new accessories. On the back of the package, they had pictures of Human Davy Jones and Hadras plus a Pintel repack.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Sounds like Zizzle's just fizzled.

jjreason
07-04-2007, 07:11 PM
It'll be nice to see some new figures - my son likes these and they're really cheap at WalMart up here ($5.74 CDN, whereas SW figs are $8.44). I still want to get Gibbs before the next ones show up.

figrin bran
07-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Here's the Human Davy Jones figure i picked up today (http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/DSCI0084.jpg)

Here's the cardback (http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/DSCI0086.jpg)

sebillba
07-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Thanks for posting the pics Figrin. DJ looks great (is his hat removable?), I'll definitely be on the look out for him, Hadras and Barbossa. Probably Ragetti and Pintel as well, and maybe Desert Weary Jack, depending on the accessories. I'm assuming the other two are straight reissues?

figrin bran
07-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Figrin. DJ looks great (is his hat removable?), I'll definitely be on the look out for him, Hadras and Barbossa. Probably Ragetti and Pintel as well, and maybe Desert Weary Jack, depending on the accessories. I'm assuming the other two are straight reissues?

I saw Desert Weary Jack and Ragetti last week but did not buy. They all had some added accessories though...there's some crabs that come with Jack and Ragetti comes with a hat, i think. I haven't opened up DJ yet but i'll let you know if the hat is removable.

sebillba
07-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Thanks for that. I can't find any details or pics of these anywhere else on the net yet, so any info you have is much appreciated.

figrin bran
07-13-2007, 12:39 AM
sebillba, the hat on human davy jones is not removable, unfortunately. i tried pulling it off lightly but it's glued on.

sebillba
07-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Ok, thanks for the info Figrin.

figrin bran
07-23-2007, 01:52 AM
I found and bought Hadras today. This time, not from Target but Mervyn's.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Pic of Capt. Teague: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/POTC/NECA/7-Inch/AWE_Teague_Press.jpg

Tia Dalma: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/POTC/NECA/7-Inch/AWE_TiaDalma_Press.jpg

Lizzie: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/POTC/NECA/7-Inch/AWE_ElizabethSwann_Press.jpg

:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm liking the Teague figure.

figrin bran
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Slowly but surely, Target stores are starting to get Wave 2 Zizzle figures in. I've spotted them at 2 different locations here in LA over the past few days.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I just got S&H confirmation that my POTC: AWE series 2 should be arriving late this week/early next week! I'm really excited as I bought a set and an extra Teague!! :thumbsup:

sebillba
09-05-2007, 07:31 AM
I've just got my wave 2 zizzle set through from Amazon this week.:D Very pleased, particularly with the new sculpts, and I'm impressed the chest that comes with Hadras opens this time to hold the heart.

I hope this line doesn't fizzle out yet - we still need Beckett, Tia Dalma, Cotton, Teague, and loads more curse pirates!

JediTricks
09-06-2007, 01:00 AM
I keep looking, but never really searching. It's just been too long to fully care, so I glance and move on.

Dark Marble
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know what happened with the Tia Dalma figure? It seems to have not hit or maybe hit in very small numbers. I really haven't seen the last wave of figures. I am guessing this is it for POTC from Neca...

RooJay
10-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Does anyone know what happened with the Tia Dalma figure? It seems to have not hit or maybe hit in very small numbers. I really haven't seen the last wave of figures. I am guessing this is it for POTC from Neca...

You mean they're not going to re-release that same sculpt of Captain Jack another fifteen more times? Aww!

Sorry, just still feeling a little disappointed at the often fantastic NECA's handling of such a great license. This should still have plenty of legs yet I fear it has, as you suggest, run its course.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Randy confirmed in the last blog that they're done with POTC right now. Or "they don't have any plans at the moment."

As for the new figures, I got them a few months ago and I have a new open Teague next to Captain Jack on my bookshelf. Lookin' good!! :thumbsup:

I don't even know if they actually hit brick n' mortar stores as I got mine online. And my usual online stores are sold out too. Tell me which ones of the wave you need and If i spot them, i can pick them up. No promises though. :thumbsup:

and believe me Roojay, there were MANY comments to Randy about all the Sparrows and his answer was simple: they sold well and retailers wanted them in each wave. I'm still kinda PO'd we didn't even get a boxset of the Pearl Crew. I would've loved a Gibs, Martin, Bo'sun, Cotton, etc. If we would've gotten a Pearl Crew, i'd be 100% happy with this line. :upset:

Dark Marble
10-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I am still looking for Teague and Tia Dalma. I have not seen them around here and I have been looking. They are the last two that I need to "finish" my collection or at least the last two I am interested in. Any help would be great, thank you!

Blue2th
11-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Just in case anybody here didn't get one yet. The Black Pearl went on sale today at Walmart for $25.00.
I was waiting a long time for this. I bought two. One for me, and one as a Christmas gift.
Prices and locations where they are on sale may vary, but you know they are starting to clear them out for Xmas.

K M Toydarian
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
On a whim bought the Black Pearl at Costco for 39.99 last week. It comes packed with 5 figures (AWE deluxe Jack, Soa Feng, Will, Elizabeth- just the figures, no accessories, and a Barbosa no accessories.)

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
WTF, no accessories? The accessories are the best part!!! Well, the Pearl is the best part, but the accessories are the best part of the figures.

K M Toydarian
11-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, to be fair, Barbossa and Elizabeth do come with their hats.;)
I guess they can all take turns firing the cannons on the ship.
Only slightly off topic I picked up a WizKids Pirates of the Caribbean constructible card game set at Target tonight. Like their other Pirates games and the newer Star Wars one. Might be cool to display the little ships with my Pirates stuff.

K M Toydarian
12-21-2007, 03:36 AM
Happened upon a Disney store in the mall today and for 4.99 bought a Tia Dalma figure. These are the NECA-type figures made specifically for the Disney Store. She's about 7" tall.
Anyway, since Zizzle has seemed to fizzle :pleased: ..groan.. and we haven't heard anything about more figures, I thought I'd get her. She looks good on the deck of the Pearl as the growing Calypso.
With no more movies in the near future, I wonder if Zizzle will pursue the line. They should at least make a couple waves a year of cursed pirates, etc from POTC 1 &2.

Ji'dai
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I couldn't bring myself to get those 7" Disney figures when I saw them. Course, they were still full price at the time.

I never did see the last NECA wave with Tia and Teague at retail. I still haven't purchased Sao Feng, Norrington, Clanker, and the others from the last wave either.

I saw the last AWE Zizzle wave a couple times but just didn't feel like getting them. WMs are clearancing the figures out now; I've seen them for $3 each at several stores.

K M Toydarian
12-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Well, I guess all it took was saying it out loudizzle would come up with new Pirates stuff.
At Target today (2 deferent ones) I saw new Zizzle Pirates figures. Unfortunately, not the 3 3/4th line though. They are about 5-6" and are based on the animated look of Pirates. They look just like the Gentle Giant Animated Maquettes.
Gotta say they look pretty cool, and at 7.99, cheaper than GG!.
They have Jack, Will, Barbosa, Davy Jones, Soa Feng, and Elizabeth (just like her GG counterpart). There are also 2 box sets with small boat type vehicles with Jack and Jones.
I cannot find info on these ANYWHERE on the web, not even Ebay.
I didn't buy them, but the more I think about them, the more I do want them. I'll put up pics when I do.

JediTricks
12-24-2007, 05:27 AM
How articulated were they? This is something I hadn't heard of at all, no surprise I guess, but I'm a little curious.

K M Toydarian
12-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Well, I finally found a set on ebay, for some goods pics.
I went to 4 Targets today but none had them. I didn't want to go back to Glendale Galleria today and happened to not go to Van Nuys, where I found them yesterday. Now I really want them, but we should see them soon.
Here's a link...http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATES-OF-THE-CARIBBEAN-ANIMATED-SET-JACK-SPARROW-NEW_W0QQitemZ250199882038QQihZ015QQcategoryZ142335 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JediTricks
12-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Huh, these are different from GG's concepts a little, but it's an interesting concept and a good idea to get kids into the line since those 7" figures they make are so lame. I do have to take issue with Barbossa being a straight-up antisemetic stereotype design though.

K M Toydarian
12-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Picked up a set this morning in Van Nuys CA. There was a Will on the shelf, and and employee offered to see if there were more. She brought out a case. 2 each Jack, Will, Jones, 1 each Barbossa and Elizabeth -7.99 each.
They each have ball jointed shoulders and hips and swivel wrists and heads. The hips don't do much depending on the outfit though, neither does the head. Most of the clothing is more rubbery to allow movement. Pretty nice accessories. Without elbow or knee joints though the poses are limited ond can't hold the guns realistically. But these are made to play with, so in the hand they can do enough. They look good standing in a neutral pose.
I swear I saw a Sao Feng the other day, but not in this case and not on the card, so I might have been dreaming.

JediTricks
12-25-2007, 03:17 AM
So, as an owner of these mugs, think they're gonna work, or is it too little too late?

K M Toydarian
12-25-2007, 03:44 AM
Hard to say. Depends on Disney's approach with Pirates in General. Doing some research I saw there was a colorform type book published this year that uses this animated style. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?r=1&ean=9781423108078
If there is other promotion, apparel, books, even tv or DVD, then the figures will fare well. They are good enough, and will be a fine line. I fear the end is here of the 3 3/4" line though, without new live action material to tie in with. Animated will be the way to go.

RooJay
01-01-2008, 03:23 AM
Huh, these are different from GG's concepts a little, but it's an interesting concept and a good idea to get kids into the line since those 7" figures they make are so lame. I do have to take issue with Barbossa being a straight-up antisemetic stereotype design though.

What precisely is anti-semitic about him? There's nothing about the character to indicate that he is jewish.

General_Grievous
01-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Thought this might please you fans of the Zizzle line.

AT WORLD'S END WAVE 3

"Topless" Jack Sparrow
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360005961156&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=023

Will Turner
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360005959772&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=023

Elizabeth Swann
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360005405339&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=023

Cutler Beckett
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370010506196&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024

The line isn't dead after all. But Zizzle should really get their information out through other means besides eBay.

RooJay
01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Cool! I just got the awesome Black Pearl playset for Christmas, and I need some more figures to crew her!

sebillba
01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Excellent!! Not the most exciting wave for 3 out of 4, but I'm really pleased they're continuing the series, and it's great news we're finally getting a Beckett.:D I hope there's more to this wave, maybe Cotton or Tia Dalma.

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Man, those new main-line figures are so boring IMO. Only Beckett even looks worth consideration, the rest are just done to death even if they are in new outfits. Plus, why does Liz have pants?

I picked up deluxe Will with raft from Target on clearance. It's an ok set, I like the makeshift raft, it works well with the theme. Will is alright as an Errol Flynn type figure, it's different enough that I can fit it into my Black Pearl getup without feeling like a repeat.

I saw the deluxe animated figures, they have larger accessories. Jack & Sao Feng.

What precisely is anti-semitic about him? There's nothing about the character to indicate that he is jewish.I was talking about the artwork used for the animated character design, not the character himself.

K M Toydarian
02-11-2008, 02:19 AM
I saw the last 4 AWE figures in a store! They were at the Duty Free shop in the airport in Cancun Mexico. Liz is interesting, but Will is VERY similar, and Jack is a little off. Beckett is a must. I didn't get him though as he was 11 dollars and I wasn't in the mood. Hopefully we will see these in the states. Keep an eye out at KB and other oulets is my guess.

sebillba
02-11-2008, 05:19 AM
They've been showing up on UK ebay for a while now, but I've not seen them in stores. I got mine a few weeks ago from ebay for 2.99 each, buy it now! This was amazingly cheap for such new figures, as they generally sell for 4.99 at retail, although Woolworths has been selling the Hadras wave for 2.49.

I still hope I see these in stores, as I need another Elizabeth - the shoulder joints on mine were too stiff, and I ended up breaking off her left arm! :sad: If I get another and it's the same, I've been told to put her in the freezer first.

K M Toydarian
02-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Kinda of figured they would show up in other countries. I think the US has moved on past Pirates, but other countries, from what I gather sometimes get things a little later, and therefore have luck with later waves of toys.
Congrats on a good deal!

sebillba
02-12-2008, 04:33 AM
It's very hit and miss what we get..... I still haven't seen any TAC on the shelves beyond wave 4!!!