PDA

View Full Version : Does Hasbro need to make more Ep II figures?

JediTricks
02-02-2004, 11:20 PM
In the last 2 years, Hasbro has put out over 100 action figures in the 3¾" scale from Attack of the Clones; this includes over 70 figures in the basic line, 20 in the deluxe line and vehicles, and 12 in the screen scene packs. By my last count, they break down like so:

18 non-main Jedi
33 secondary/background characters
7 Anakins
6 Obi-wans
5 Count Dookus
5 Padmes (who has the most basic Ep 2 figures of any character)
4 Maces
4 Yodas
6 Jangos
5 Clones Troopers
10 Villain soldiers (Battle Droids, SBDs, Geonosians, Destroyer Droids)
So the question is, do you believe Hasbro needs to do any more Episode II figures?

Like for example, I believe they've covered pretty much everything that needs to be covered, but they still never got a decent Anakin or Obi-Wan figure done, especially in their robes, so I'd vote for "Maybe a couple, but they did most already".

B'Omarr Monkey
02-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Just off the top of my head I'd like to see the Lars clan, the rest of Padmé's outfits, Queen Jarmilla, the droid cafeteria server, one of the spider-like aqualish vs the walrus-like versions, Palpatine's secretary (Sly Moore?), Dormé, Jocasta Nu, Jango Fett as seen in his apartment sans armor, and since we got the research droids from the deleted scenes, how about Padmé's family? I'm sure there are others not occuring to me.

Beast
02-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Heck yeah. There's tons that still need to be made. B'Omarr covered most of them, so no need for my post to regurgitate the list. But the Padme outfits are definatly necissary. Sly Moore, Pablo-Jill, and Wookie Senator Yarua are supposedly coming. So that's a good start on the large list of still needed E2 figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Yeah they do, and they need to make lots more figures from every movie. Until every last cahracter is done, Hasbro should make more.

Beast
02-03-2004, 01:02 AM
And resculpt some of the bad E2 figures, as well. A more accurate Outland Peasent Disguise Anakin would be nice. As well as a better Jar Jar Binks: Senate Speech. And Palpy and Jar Jar's costume changes. Still love JJB's eye-catching Apartment outfit. Several more of the first figures need a going over. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
02-04-2004, 09:39 PM
We definitely need a solid Anakin and Obi-Wan. The best Obi-Wan so far was from the deluxe Kamino set. The SC Anakin was good but we need one with a regular hand.

Plus, more Jedi!!! There were lots of Jedi in that movie that could be made. More female jedi would also be nice.

rust
02-04-2004, 10:25 PM
I voted a lot:
Hello: Cantina Scene, Jedi Temple Scenes.
Also, I'd like to see some more vehicles too *coughat-tecough*

Battle Droid
02-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Yes, More Episode II figures, and Episode I figures also!

LusiferSam
02-04-2004, 11:33 PM
I think there's a number of Ep II that need to be done or redone. But I voted for "I'm sick of Ep II" because I'm sick of Ep II.

-Durge-
02-05-2004, 12:35 AM
One good robed Anakin and Obiwan. Thats all apart from some backround Jedi, oh and the blue Dug from the diner.

Beast
02-05-2004, 01:00 AM
A Partial List Of Who's Left From AOTC:

Padmé Amidala: Senate "Vampire" Outfit - (Deleted Scene)
Padmé Amidala: Senator Outfit
Padmé Amidala: Packing For Naboo Outfit
Padmé Amidala: Nightgown w/ Robe
Padmé Amidala: Outland Peasent Disguise
Padmé Amidala: Blue "Homecoming" Outift - (Deleted Scene)
Padmé Amidala: Naboo Lake Retreat Outfit
Padmé Amidala: Naboo Picnic Outfit
Padmé Amidala: Black "Temptataion" Outfit
Padmé Amidala: Tatooine Blue Poncho Dress
Jar Jar Binks: Apartment Outfit
Captain Typho: Security Uniform
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine: Senate Outfit
Sly Moore: Palpatine's Aide
Pablo-Jill: Jedi Master
Dorme: Padme's Handmaiden
Corde: Padme's Decoy
Cligg Lars: Tatooine Homestead
Owen Lars: Tatooine Homestead
Beru Whitesun: Tatooine Homestead
Toonbuck Toora: Galactic Senator
Geonosian Picador w/ Orray
Butlar Swann: Jedi Knight
Stass Allie: Jedi Master
Tikkes: Sepratist Senator
Pu Nudo: Sepratist Senator
Queen Jamilia: Queen Of Naboo
Sio Bibble: Queen's Advisor
Madame Jocasta Nu: Jedi Archives Librarian
RIC-20: Tatooine Ricshaw Droid
CloneTrooper: Workout Gear (Red)
CloneTrooper: Workout Gear (Blue)
Jango Fett: Apartment Outfit
Gilramos Libkath: Nute Gunray's Aide
Ko Sai: Head Cloner
Ask Aak: Galactic Senator
Hermione Bagwa: Dexter's Wife
Anakin Skywalker: Shirtless w/ Soft Goods Shirt
COO-2180: Outland Freighter Cook Droid
Mas Amedda: Vice Chancellor
Rogra Holowuff: Sepratist Senator
Twink Kee: Sepratist Senator Passel Argente's Aide

etc. etc. etc. So yes.... :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
02-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Yes. Definitely. They need to do all the following:

Herminone Bagwa (Dexter's waitress)
Baltar Swan (Asian chic Jedi)
Sora Bulq (Weequay Jedi goes to the Dark Side)
Senator Tiikes (Squidhead Separatist)
Toonbuck Toora
Niemodian Gilramos (Nute Gunray's new friend)
Senator Po Nudo (Aqualish)
Senator Mot Not Rab
Senator Edcel BargGan
Rodian Senator
Ithorian Senator
Bariss Offee (Palpatine's Office)
Luminara (Palpatine's Office)
Kit Fisto (Palpatine's Office)
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Temple)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Temple)
Dorme
Padme Night Attack
Padme Lars Garage
Padme black leather temptation
Padme yellow meadows dress
Padme backless creamcycle gown (first kiss)
Outlander human girl in thong
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino, hair wet, highly articulated)
red shirt Clone
Jango Fett apartment attire
Geonosian Execution Cart with lizard animal and Geonosian Picador
Padme's star yaht
Large Spider Droid
AT-TE
6 armed waiter droid from the freighter (yells "no droids!" at R2)
Owen
Beru
Cliegg

darthisthepower
02-05-2004, 02:41 AM
This poll made me register. The last one that almost got me was the Solo kids one. I voted maybe some but most have been done. Who do I think they need? I collect just the jedis and I think we need more of them. I'm buying the storm trooper just because it comes with a lightsaber. That's all I have to say. Love the site. Gimme more jedis. Ewoks are ok. Jawas are classic. And darths rule.

Anakin Palpatine
02-05-2004, 05:04 AM
I want a clone trooper on the can that comes with a magazine. A yoda figure that does Yoga, Padme in Slave Leia outfit (live, plastic or stuffed) Mace Windu in outfit from Coming To America. Last but not least, an Obi Wan in his Moulan however you spell it Rouge outfit. Oh yeah, I voted for them to keep them coming. I'm gonna go watch it right now and feel depressed that No one else wants the same figures that I do. No one ever takes my post seriously anyway.

jedi-cpa
02-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Sly Moore: Palpatine's Aide
Pablo-Jill: Jedi Master
Dorme: Padme's Handmaiden
Corde: Padme's Decoy
Cligg Lars: Tatooine Homestead
Owen Lars: Tatooine Homestead
Beru Whitesun: Tatooine Homestead

And I am all for Padme figures, I thought the Lars Homestead figure was one of the best Padmes ever. They seem to have it down.

But that should do it. I wouldn't need to see any more Ep II figs after that, particularly NO MORE yodas, dookus, obis and anakins!!!

jedi master sal
02-05-2004, 09:09 AM
I won't repeat the lists here, just add to them.

Figures
Thong Girl-Outlander Nightclub (Coruscant) !!!!!!
Other female patrons with thong girl!
Female Twi'Lek-Outlander Nightclub (Coruscant) (Lucas's daughter)
Bartender-Outlander Nightclub (Coruscant)
Any other bar patrons not mentioned, for variety.
Worker Geonosian (No wings-better articulation please!) and redo the Geo Warrior with better articuation.

Ships
Nute's personal shuttle (seen both in EPI and EPII)
AT-TE-okay so others have said this, but this should have been a freakin' no brainer! That's one very cool design! Besides we have the Hailfire droid and spider droid. They need something on the ground to fight.

OC47150
02-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Hasbro doesn't need to do every character but there are plenty out there. We need senators!!

BobaPhlegm
02-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Hasbro doesn't need to do every character but there are plenty out there. We need senators!!

I must respectfully disagree. I want every character made. ONCE! No more Obi-Wan Kenobi: Slightly Different Angle to Left Elbow or any of that crap. Do I have to post my list of the 600 or so characters they have yet to do a figure of (and that's just those I know the names of)? BTW the thong girl is named Nyrat Something-that begins-with-A. Damn, I wish I had my list with me here at work. Also, BTW, I'm fairly certain Mot Not Rab and Edcel Bar Gane did not appear in Episode 2, but they still need figures! A Mot Not Rab like alien walks past the camera in front of the Nightclub, but he was given a different name by the Official Site. Where's his figure! Cripes am I a nerd!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2004, 04:13 PM
I bordered on no mas and maybe a few more. I'm getting a little tired of the prequel figures but there are probably a few more that would be cool to get like the Wookie Senator. There are so many from the OT to do and redo from the vintage line that I want Hasbro to focus on those until EP3.

Bacta Beast
02-05-2004, 04:57 PM
I would like to wish a massive pox on everyone who voted for anything other than that we need more!!! I can relate to the reason why everyone is sick of seeing Obi-Wan & Anakin remade, but c'mon, am I the only person that would like figure that could actually set in the speeders??!!!!! How about Zam for the same reason?!! I wouldn't have a problem with buying one more of any of the "main" characters, as long as it was a definitive, fully articulated, decently sculpted version. No more action features, no more statuettes! No more figures that can't hold their weapons with both hands!!! But please!!! Don't quick making characters from EII altogether!!! I'll still keep shelling out money for 'em!!!

plasticfetish
02-05-2004, 09:00 PM
"Maybe a couple, but they did most already" for me.

Bacta Beast's point about "main characters" and "definitive, fully articulated, decently sculpted versions" is pretty much what I'd want. Zam's a perfect example. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, (G- forbid another one, but) Jango and then lets get those SA Clones out there! A Super Battle droid that's not such a mess. Just ONE Padme that doesn't have some kind of weird face, bad paint job or crazy pose.

I know this will bug the carded collectors, but I'd like to see them simply do a few multipacks of more obscure and secondary characters. Cligg, Owen, Beru and another non gimmicky 3-PO with maybe that Treadwell droid. Hey, just do a homestead playset! Senators are great, but I'd rather just see a bunch of them boxed together or maybe a playset with hovering platforms. A set of Geonosian would be good. More Jedi can't hurt... or can it?

An AT-TE for sure!

And seriously... C-3PO for the 12" line.

JediTricks
02-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Looks like there are wildly differing opinions on this, and the poll's votes vs the poll's posts are interestingly different. I'm not surprised though, most collectors who would be passionate enough to post on the issue would have a passion for more figures, there's not a lot of passion in NOT wanting more figures. ;)

dr_evazan22
02-05-2004, 09:49 PM
I said that there were still a lot to be done, but there are still a lot to be done from each movie. It would be good if they did a wave of 3 to 5 fig's from each movie in succession. Just try to avoid making additional variations of fig's already done ad nauseum: Maul, Qui-Gon, etc.

Jaff
02-07-2004, 06:19 AM
I love seeing all the figures from the movies made. I honestly still think that Episode I needs attention too, but I am more interested in seeing classic trilogy figs. Hopefully Hasbro will keep chugging out all of the film figs, and they will, because it's the only way they can drag out the line to last!

scruffziller
02-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Padme in Slave Leia outfit (live, plastic or stuffed)
DUH!!!!!:rolleyes: ..............:D

CaptainSolo1138
02-07-2004, 01:45 PM
I think they could fill about the next eighteen waves with just Padme/Queen Amidala outfits. I know she's had the most figures recently, but she also had the most outfits. I'm still waiting for the "Argument with Anakin" outfit. That was pretty hot.

kool-aid killer
02-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, id like to see more figures. I dont know whether id want more senators, but if Hasbro were to make them i think they would do best in like screen scene thing or whatever they call the three packs. Maybe make the package resemble their platforms. I would like to see more Jedi, Bultar Swan quickly comes to mind. Werent we supposed to get a Wookie Jedi in the 3 pack? And more secondary characters too, such as the bar patrons and the Lars family.

Kidhuman
02-07-2004, 02:01 PM
"Maybe a couple, but they did most already" for me.

Bacta Beast's point about "main characters" and "definitive, fully articulated, decently sculpted versions" is pretty much what I'd want. Zam's a perfect example. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, (G- forbid another one, but) Jango and then lets get those SA Clones out there! A Super Battle droid that's not such a mess. Just ONE Padme that doesn't have some kind of weird face, bad paint job or crazy pose.

I know this will bug the carded collectors, but I'd like to see them simply do a few multipacks of more obscure and secondary characters. Cligg, Owen, Beru and another non gimmicky 3-PO with maybe that Treadwell droid. Hey, just do a homestead playset! Senators are great, but I'd rather just see a bunch of them boxed together or maybe a playset with hovering platforms. A set of Geonosian would be good. More Jedi can't hurt... or can it?

You bring up somepretty good points. I would love for Hasbro togo back and do the 3 packs like they were doing for POTF and EP1 lines. I think they were much better than the creen scenes we got now. A good chance to get a few figures from scenes that we havent. Owen, Beru and Cleig would be great for one of them. A four pack of senators and a chair for a four pack similar to Hoth would be nice to. Or just do an ultrrea series with someof the more popular speices of senators and give it a hover chair.

I wouldnt mind if Hasbro also remade someof the figures you mentioned as super articulated. Maybe Hasbro should make that a line of figures. Kinda like the OTC, but have good main characters from each movie(about 6 from each movie). I think it would go over well with the fans. Maybe not do a Jango, but some of the other characters would be great. For example

Ep2:
Dooku
Obi Wan
Anakin
Zam
Mace
Palpy.

Just some thoughts and expansion on your comments.

skeeziks22
02-10-2004, 07:09 PM
I only need to say "Of course we need more" and "lets see some on shelves." I've been gone for ten days and I felt like I was way behind on collecting but of course nothing has changed in my area... except they are closing our KB stores in Alaska.

thomasandrea-call
02-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I think that there needs to be some Senators as well as some of the other Jedis, it wouldn't hurt to have another Barries Offee and Shak Tii, make them more articulate. I have heard that they are comming out with a Coruscant Wave that will consist of Sly Moore, Pablo Jill and a Wookie senator, I would like to see more three packs like in the Clone wars, Jedi builder and senators like that. I would make them articulate and completely poseable, not like the Jedi, Clonetrooper and Droids 3 pack. I would like to hear any thoughts on this.
Brad

vadersvette
02-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes!! Lars' Family, Jamila, Cafe droid and more!! :D

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 01:44 AM
Yes!! Lars' Family, Jamila, Cafe droid and more!! :DThe cafe driod has been done..:)

vadersvette
02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
The cafe driod has been done..:)

No not WA-7 waitress...I'm taking about the one on the ship that says "hey you! no droids! get outta here!" :cool:

JediTricks
02-12-2004, 10:44 PM
No not WA-7 waitress...I'm taking about the one on the ship that says "hey you! no droids! get outta here!" :cool:
That's the cook droid on the refugee ship, he has a long name so I won't bother. ;)

jedibear
02-21-2004, 08:48 PM
....but judging from the previews coming out of Toy Fair, the emphasis is going to be on the original trilogy to coincide with the DVD's later this year.

I'm enjoying the Saga line...I hope there are a few more prequel-era figures we haven't heard about coming out this year....otherwise I have a feeling we'll have to wait until AFTER Episode III for any more figures from either Episode I or II...