PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about Unleashed wave 8

Turbowars
02-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Entertainment Earth just canceled orders for wave 8, because the assortment no longer has Slave Leia, Ben, Palpy and Jedi Luke or something like that, now the case with have 3 Jedi Lukes and 3 Palpy's. I guess I wont be buying that case.

DarthQuack
02-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Poo too. :(

-Matt

Reefer Shark
02-03-2004, 10:48 AM
That's extremely odd..... Leia is the most sought after figure in the line. I wonder why Hasbro would do that??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

slick169
02-03-2004, 11:25 AM
:( Just about every Leia unleashed must have been scalped. I have never seen one in any store. The only ones for sale are on ebay and sell for $40 to $50 each which I will not pay. Why doesn't Hasbro take notice and get these out to the collectors in enough numbers to make it unprofitable to the scalper. The toy stores could also help out by refusing to take returns on action figures after the scalper can't sell them. It wouln't be so bad if Hasbro didn't make the shortage in the first place.

sith_killer_99
02-03-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm not surprised. I think Hasbro does this sorta thing from time to time just to keep people interested in collecting, or to bring in more collectors.

Think about it, from a non-SW collectors point of view.

There you are minding your own business, when all of the sudden someone tells you (or you read about, or see an editorial in the news) that a Freeze Frame Weequay, which retailed for $5.00 just a few short years ago is now worth $350-$400.00!

This is what brought in a lot of collectors during the EP1 hype. All of the sudden everyone thought they were gonna put their kid through college by buying Star Wars toys. :rolleyes:

It's the same reason that companies make "Chase" figures or variants.

It makes me sick! :mad: