PDA

View Full Version : What is that big black disc in the Lars' yard?

scruffziller
02-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Is that the water tank for all the condensors?

scruffziller
02-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Perhaps I was a little vaugue. It had lights all around(at night time) it and smoke seemed to be rolling out of it when it was attacked by the imperials.

Here is a pic,(arrow pointing at it).

bobafrett
02-04-2004, 10:35 AM
I always thought it was part of the home, like the bedrooms, or living room. I mean we really don't get to see to much of the inside of the homestead, other than the garage/shop, the kitchen, and the dining area. Does anyone have a link to blueprints for the Lars family homestead? I'm sure the StarWars.com has them somewhere.

stillakid
02-04-2004, 11:46 AM
It was the standard issue planetary escape UFO. Some of the residents of the galaxy far far away managed to escape and reached Earth in the 1950s.

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
I always thought it was a dance floor for when they had parties. Luke sets up his turntables and spins while the tusken nation gets down.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Nah, you're all wrong. Tatooine is actually that planet in the episode of Twilight Zone where the astronauts find the colony of microscopic people who build that huge statue. That disc is just their frisbee left behind. For me the 50's is a long time ago since I wasn't born yet. :crazed:

scruffziller
02-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I always thought it was a dance floor for when they had parties. Luke sets up his turntables and spins while the tusken nation gets down.
Yea you gotta look out for those group of tuskens coming to the party that like to hold their gaffi sticks upside down; they get a little rough.......:sur:

angellus
02-04-2004, 04:32 PM
It's Hasbro's intergalactic warehouse, filled with thousands of crummy figures like Teemto Pagalies, Orn Free Ta, and every other lame prequel character. Rumor has it that Anakin will destroy the warehouse in Episode 3 by inadvertently locking himself into a fighter and accidentally pressing the firing trigger, thus displaying his amazing Force abilities.

JediTricks
02-04-2004, 10:43 PM
I believe it's the roof of the main building.

jeddah
02-05-2004, 08:19 AM
They have big cabbages on Tatooine

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
the item that you are asking about, as i recall, in the star wars radio dramatization, it's refered to as the tech dome. this is located over the garage portion of the home. it opens up and allows luke to fly the t-16 skyhopper out of the garage.