PDA

View Full Version : If the 12" line was ending. . .

Turambar
02-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Since there's nothing new happening in these parts, I always think its fun to put together wish lists. Let's consider the very real possibility that the 12" is finished in the next couple years. If you knew there would only be 20 more figures produced, who would you want made (knowing that we're not getting a jabba)?
Here's my list ranked by most wanted:

1. Imp Dignitary 2pack with the vintage dignitary & dignitary #1 from the saga
2. line. Imagine the purple robes in that scale next to the emp & royal guard.
3. Leia Bespin
4. Lobot
5. Lando General
6. 2-1B
7. Weequay
8. Hammerhead (rumored)
9. Teebo & Paploo (2 for 1)
10. Nien Numb

Okay, now for the 2nd ten:
11. General Veers
12. FX-7
13. Droopy
14. Max Reebo (band still rumored)
15. Sy
16. Gonk
17. Snaggletooth (to finish of the original 21 vintage figs)
18. Squidhead tessek
19. Dr. Evazan
20. Any rebel soldier. It would be great to get generic soldiers with different head sculpts. From that base figure, hasbro could sell different outfits for hoth trooper, endor trooper, rebel fleet (tantive IV) trooper, and even bespin security and imperial officer outfits in gray & black (DS troopers as well). Heck, how about different rebel pilot outfits? The green a-wing or red b-wing flight suits would look great in 12" scale. I wish someone with sense was running things in Hasbro. They could make a fortune with this, and in the process give collectors loads of new figures.
Also with the 12" dignitaries, hasbro could rerelease the royal guard for those that wanted more. With the hoth trooper, the snowtrooper could be reissued for army building.
As far as rehashes go, I would still like to see a decent chewbacca. One that could carry the masterpiece 3po on his back. A new & improved stormy would be great, too, and it would be an easy transition to a sandtrooper which could be released in a package with all 4 shoulder pauldrons, backpack, binoculars, and the 3 different style guns we see the sandys with on tatooine. But I'll still take new figures over rehashes any day.

Ook
02-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Vader
Ultimate Boba
Hammerhead
Zutton
Myo
Djas Puhr
Ellorrs Madak
Nabrun Leids
Ree-Yees
Tessek
Rebo
Droopy
Snootles (original puppet)
Weequay
Klaatu
Barada
Nikto
Nien Nunb
Muftak
Greedo (a decent version this time)

I'd actually be happy with a fraction of this list.

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Zutton
Hammerhead
Dignitary
Lando General
Barada
Nikto(jedi too)
Klatuu
Weequay
Lots more Jedi's
Ultimate Vader
Boba Fett

Darth Christopher
02-05-2004, 02:31 PM
I love everyone's suggestions, especially Hammerhead and the Imperial Dignitaries! But every figure the three of you above mentioned would be simply awesome - I'm glad there are other 12" collectors who have the same wish lists as me. :) I think the additional following 12" figures would be interesting and good for the line too:

Uncle Owen
Aunt Beru
Ep. 1 Senator Palpatine (he was planned, so what happened?)
Ep. 2 Dexter Jettster
Ep. 2 WA-7 (Dexter's Diner waitress droid)

I really don't understand Hasbro. If a toy maker like Mattel can produce hundreds of Barbie dolls or more a year, why can't Hasbro produce more Star Wars "dolls" for us die-hard collectors?! Granted Barbie dolls are usually rehashed with different outfits, but so are most of the Star Wars 12" figures with simply different heads, hands, and outfits. Lucas, dump Hasbro! They're no longer Kenner anyway, so go with a better toy maker! Face the facts, kids are fickle buyers, so the focus should be on adult collectors anyway. Hasbro should reduce quantities to prevent future shelf warmers and more variety. And what about a 12" figure fan's choice for once?!

Oh well, enough of my rant. Thanks for listening fellow collectors, since obviously HasBEEN won't! :mad:

Turambar
02-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Excellent choices, all.
Does anyone know how hasbro decides which characters to make 12" figures from? I mean, it was obvious in 96 with han, luke, vader, etc. But looking at the last 2 waves, it seems as though the biker scout was the only figure people wanted. I thought a PT yoda was a good choice; of the ewoks, logray was a good choice, but why make the obscure-is-he-even-in-the-movie ewok when more popular paploo or especially teebo would have made for a great 2pack? Why the 3rd or 4th version of luke jedi (each inferior to the previous). With the endor themed wave, maybe adding the poncho & helmet would have made available the luke endor figure to those who didn't get the speeder set.
As far as the next wave goes, I still don't understand why they made kenobi a month after a ssg poll voted him as one of the best done 12"ers. hasbro obviously pays no attention to what collectors want. I won't even go into the jawas, and Garindan, although excellently done, was not in the top 10 of any wish list I've ever seen. So why was he the one new figure? Who makes these decisions? Why doesn't hasbro do some research to see what collectors are interested in?
While I'm ranting, one more thing, no more rehashing main characters! It's okay for the 3 3/4 line because the figures are generally improvements. But each rehash for the 12" line is usually cheaper than the previous version. Plus, anyone can acquire the previous versions for less than market value on ebay -- if, in fact, there actually are any new collectors of the 12" line. As I've said before, if we have to get rehashes, make them improvements. A stormy could look way better and sell for all those army builders. A chewy that actually looks normal 16" with realy fur.
Enough said. But seriously, what are the decisions for 12" figures based on? Certainly not public demand.

tagmac
02-06-2004, 09:27 PM
1. Ugnaught
2. Bespin Leia
3. 2-1B
4. F-X7
5. Chewbacca (fur over hard shell - no stuffed animals, no tree bark)
6. Nute Gunray
7. Chancellor Palpatine
8. Droideka
9. Hoth Rebel Soldier
10. Weequay

Save the last 10 for Ep. III figures

Exhaust Port
02-07-2004, 07:30 AM
I'd have to reserve a few slots for Ep. III characters. I'm sure we'll get another cool clone/stormtrooper that will be itching to be made into 12" figure.

Ook
02-09-2004, 11:11 AM
I'd have to reserve a few slots for Ep. III characters. I'm sure we'll get another cool clone/stormtrooper that will be itching to be made into 12" figure.
Yeah, but the Has can't do 'em up right. The clone is....okay for a chunky figure. But every stormtrooper they've made has been an abomination.

Exhaust Port
02-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Agreed, the Stormtroopers are embarrassing but I do really like the 3 versions of the Clonetrooper. They look just as they should (at least to me ;) ).

Jayspawn
02-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I would really like....

1. A new and improved Stormtrooper
2. Chancellor Palpatine
3. Hammerhead
4. Leia from "A New Hope" not having a stupid Barbie body.
5. Plo Koon

Exhaust Port
02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Why can't Hasbro just make the Japanese releases available here in the US? Those things go for $100+ which is outrageous. There is no reason that they couldn't be done for less than half that AND be released in America.

jedibear
02-21-2004, 08:21 PM
....here's my stab at what would be nice before it's over.

Episode One:
Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Naboo Pilot
Saesee Tinn
Adi Gallia

Episode Two:
Lama Su
Dexxter Jettster
Captain Typho
Shaak Ti
Coleman Trebor
Poggle the Lessor

Episode Three:
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grevious
Bail Organa
Clone Trooper
Captain Cody

Episode Four:
Momaw Nandon "Hammerhead"
Rebel Trooper
Duros

Episode Five:
Admiral Piett
General Veers
Rebel Trooper
Princess Leia "Bespin Gown"

Episode Six:
Ree Yees
Tessek

Also, it would be great to have single-box releases of:
Princess Leia "Endor Gear" (No Barbie head please!)
Bib Fortuna
Death Star Gunner
Luke Skywalker with Cape

And finally..."Ultimate" versions of (containing all relevent accessories ala 100th Luke):

Luke Skywalker "Jedi Knight" with lightsaber, cape, bone, manacles, interchangable hands (one gloved, one not, one "battle-damaged"), Endor Helmet and poncho, X-wing outfit & helmet.

Luke Skywalker "Rebel Commander" with Hoth Outfit, Dagobah Fatigues, Camping Gear, X-Wing Outfit & helmet, lightsaber.

Han Solo "Rebel Leader" with jacket, vest, Mynocks, airmask, manacles, pistol, Hoth Jacket & Scarf, Hoth Boots, Luke's lightsaber, Hoth Binocs & Scanner.

Kidhuman
02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Dude, please warn for spoilers