PDA

View Full Version : 3 3/4 scale AT-TE & Republic Dropship?!?!?!?!?!!?

Battle Droid
02-04-2004, 03:54 AM
From, www.rebelscum.com

A Sign Of Things To Come?
Mark: Cancelled exclusive, amazing custom, or a glimpse into the future? Rebelscum reader Dominic passes along this image of what appears to be two new action figure scale vehicles from Attack of the Clones. Virtually nothing is known, or for that matter rumored, about this pair of prequel vehicles, but the images are certainly enticing to say the least. We'd appreciate hearing back from anyone able to translate the caption, until then we'll definitely keep our fingers crossed.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2004/hasbroAT-TE.jpg

:eek:

Val Da Car
02-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Can anyone read the Japanese surrounding the picture?

hango fett
02-04-2004, 07:05 AM
that looks awsome! and the thing that drops it off is there too! ooh! i must have it!
h

Beast
02-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Wow, those look freakin' cool. I don't think it's a custom, since you can see the Hasbro logo nearby. I wonder if this is some suprise release for Clone Wars, that they've managed to keep under wraps. I hope so, cause they look sweet as hell. Sure they fudged scale on the AT-TE, but it stilll looks good. Damn, I want one....now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-04-2004, 07:33 AM
All vehicles have fudged scale with no exeptions. Damn purdy looking vehicles though. Not sure i like the blue on the drop ship, was it like that in the movie? I thought they all had red markings.

jjreason
02-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Concur. Very cool looking indeed.

Beast
02-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Aye, I know they fudge scale on 95% of the vehicles. I was just saying, I don't care. Cause these two look sweet as hell. Now Toy Fair is going to be very painful to wait for, so we can find out info on these two. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aceguide
02-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Certainly fun looking. Let's hope it's for real.

Beast
02-04-2004, 07:51 AM
It certainly looks real. Judging by the Hasbro logos, and the big colorful Hasbro wall behind the vehicles. And remember, something like this is the way we first saw pictures of the Late 2003, Clone Wars 3, Ultra and Hoth Waves. In a Japanese retailer catalog. :)

Remeber this...
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20372

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthQuack
02-04-2004, 08:47 AM
This is definetly something to look forward to!

-Matt

sicqnus
02-04-2004, 09:01 AM
All vehicles have fudged scale with no exeptions. Damn purdy looking vehicles though. Not sure i like the blue on the drop ship, was it like that in the movie? I thought they all had red markings.

Hi EJ',

Color is correct. The reactors without missile launchers and the "one seater" cockpit are also well reproduced. Pics below :

Val Da Car
02-04-2004, 09:02 AM
A coworker of mine can read/translate some Japanese....I might have a translation soon.

WOOT!!!

Now I need MORE Clonetroopers

Beast
02-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi EJ',

Color is correct. The reactors without missile launchers and the "one seater" cockpit are also well reproduced. Pics below :
Cool, thanks for the color confirmation Sicqnus. I was going to check StarWars.Com later today for pictures to compare. Don't have to now. And coolness Val Da Car, hopefully you can get us that info soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Patience, kids, we have yet know their fate, so relax (glances in Jar Jars direction) :p These do look pretty good, so, hopefully will produce these bad boys in the future!! Cheers!! :D

kool-aid killer
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Sweet!!! They both look very nice. Would the AT-TE connect with the drop ship though? It would be awesome if it did. Hopefully these two will be announced as being ready to ship sometime this year.

Beast
02-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Sweet!!! They both look very nice. Would the AT-TE connect with the drop ship though? It would be awesome if it did. Hopefully these two will be announced as being ready to ship sometime this year.
I assume that they would. Since they actually bothered to retool and redesign the sculpt of the Gunship to accomidate the AT-TE. Maybe Steve can dig up some information on these two. Yeah, I know. I'm overly giddy about these two vehicles. Sue me. Now Hasbro needs to do the Sith Infiltrator and Bongo Sub. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh, a bongo sub?!?!? You'd like that, wouldn't you JJB?!!? Maybe they could toss in an "exclusive Jar Jar Binks" action figure, maybe with kooky arm waving and screaming action?!!! you'd REALLY like that, wouldn't you?!?!!? :crazed:

That would be awesome though as that was a really cool vehilce. A Sith infiltrator would rock my world though as that vehicle was downright awesome!!

We can only hope!! :D

Beast
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh, a bongo sub?!?!? You'd like that, wouldn't you JJB?!!? Maybe they could toss in an "exclusive Jar Jar Binks" action figure, maybe with kooky arm waving and screaming action?!!! you'd REALLY like that, wouldn't you?!?!!? :crazed:
Yes, I really would like that. In fact, I'd buy two of them. Toss in soft goods Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Jar Jar, and damn skippy I'm pleased as punch. Hopefully we'll get it and the Infiltrator, in the years left for the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanx for the screen caps, i guess it was blue after all, exept it was more of a torquoise blue like the clonetrooper sergeant or whatever they were with the blue markings. Hasbro's got the colour really wrong. It isn't blue blue at all. Still, I don't really care what colour they do it in as long as they produce it and make it widely available.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Yes, I really would like that. In fact, I'd buy two of them. Toss in soft goods Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Jar Jar, and damn skippy I'm pleased as punch. Hopefully we'll get it and the Infiltrator, in the years left for the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hey Jar Jar, 1991 called, they want their "damn skippy" expression back. :p
I don't think Hasbleh would pack 3 figures with a vehicle dude, it just doesn't seem likely. Granted, hopefully the AT-TE and Dropship will have some packed with them, but we can only hope.

The Sith Infiltrator could be packed with one of the 2150720572075 "Tatooine Darth Maul" figures that are probably still in some Hasbro warehouse. :D

Beast
02-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey Jar Jar, 1991 called, they want their "damn skippy" expression back. :p
I don't think Hasbleh would pack 3 figures with a vehicle dude, it just doesn't seem likely. Granted, hopefully the AT-TE and Dropship will have some packed with them, but we can only hope.
Hahaha, yeah "Damn Skippy" is really dating the ole JJB isn't it. :)

Well, I'm looking at it from the standpoint.....they probably have tons of Soft Goods Obi's and Qui's laying around somewhere. Toss on a couple of cheap soft goods cloaks, and bam. And then they just have to take the POTJ JJB, and give him a soft good skirt instead. Heck, use the Swimming JJB, since so few folks got that one. So it shouldn't be that hard for them to include in a set. But yeah, I can't see Hasbro doing it. Maybe just the JJB and a couple of Jedi Cloaks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Damn...... the dropship and AT-TE..... That is just awesome!!!! I can't wait to get those and hage 'em in the office.

Hmmmm, this might just inspire me to buy one of those clone wars gunships to go with 'em (I already have the AOTC ver).

Sweet as hell!

jedi master sal
02-04-2004, 11:16 AM
WOW, I almost dropped a load, when I saw this post, then the pictures!

I've been wanting the AT-TE since I first saw it in the trailers BEFORE the movie came out. It's about danged time!

I don't care about the scale too much. There's no way Hasbro could produce a cost effective scale size and have a small price point on it for consumers.

So what do you all think the pricepoints are going to be for these two?

I'd say $40 for the drop ship and $50-65 for the AT-TE.

I can see a cool Hundred between them. No real need for a pack-in as we've had the Clone pilots for some time now and there's plenty of regular clones to go around for the AT-TE. Still, if Hasbro wants to through one in I'm not going to complain.

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

I know I'll get 1 drop ship, but how many AT-TE's? At least 2 if not 3 or 4, depending on cost.

Reefer Shark
02-04-2004, 11:19 AM
I was kinda hoping they would come in a set. Maybe for like $50 - $60. Is that wishful thinking???:crazed:

I think Hasbro would have a hard time selling the dropship without the AT-TE.

Dark Marble
02-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Dang...if this is true, I will get one. I wonder if any figures can fit inside the walker?? If so it looks like I don't have enough pilot clones. :cry:

jedi master sal
02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
I was kinda hoping they would come in a set. Maybe for like $50 - $60. Is that wishful thinking???:crazed:

I think Hasbro would have a hard time selling the dropship without the AT-TE.

This has been debated before and your reasoning has merits.

Permit me to play devil's advocate a moment.

It makes sense as well to sell these seperately. Here's the points:
1) more profit potential by selling them seperately. Each one for $40-50.
2) Big sets have not traditionally sold well and are balked at by collectors for the high price point.
3) Army builders like myself don't neccessarily need 4 dropships, but relish the though of having multiple AT-TE's
4) Give everyone the choice if the want a Dropship of not. (There's alot of people that would ONLy want the AT-TE and never buy the dropship at all)

Okay, with that being said, either way I would buy them be they together or sold seperately. Hasbro be forwarned that many collectors would not rush to purchase them if together. It's a big crunch to the wallet and as mentioned, many don't want "extras" of the dropship.

A way to keep the Dropships from shelf warming is to short pack them.

if the case came 3 ships to a box then do 2 AT-TE's and 1 drop ship. Or if 4 to a case 3 AT-TE's and 1 Dropship.

Dang...if this is true, I will get one. I wonder if any figures can fit inside the walker?? If so it looks like I don't have enough pilot clones. :cry:

There appears to be room for 1 clone pilot in the dropship cockpit and 1 pilot in the cockpit of the AT-TE.

Another question is, can we fit clones inside of the AT-TE? It looks like it, but how many? By the size of it I would guess 4 inside. (To man each gun battery?) This of course does not include the Pilot or the topside cannon clone.

Beast
02-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Well, there may be some bad news about this set. It matches very very closely to the custom AT-TE and Republic Dropship that Andrew Sherant did. And he also Grand Prize winner of Hasbro's Best Young Collector contest. And if I recall, some of his stuff was on display at Celebration II. Would be a shame if all this hype ended up being over some customs. Here's his page over on Artoo's News. Decide for yourselves. :(

Dan: You showed me your custom Republic Gunship/AT-TE transport ship. I have to say I was very impressed. Give us a rundown on how you made them given that a figure scale AT-TE doesn't even exist.

Andrew: I made the Gunship/Dropship by taking a regular factory stock toy and cutting it where I believed it would best match a Dropship. There are certain design features which tell you where to cut. I made the dropping mechanism from plastic. It is simple in design. A plunger, which is the same one that opens the doors on the Gunship, spreads the arms apart releasing the AT-TE. I utilized two pins in the center of the holding pads to lock the Dropship to the AT-TE. The pins extend about a half inch into the center legs of the AT-TE. The angle of the legs keeps the pins from slipping out. The AT-TE is made of sheet plastic from Home Depot. I built the first out of foam core to see if I could do it. Then I repeated my proto type in plastic. The scale I used for the AT-TE was determined by the Gunship/Dropship itself. I bought an Action Fleet AT-TE to have something to pattern mine after. By taking measurements of the small AT-TE I calculated that it could be built three times the size of the Action Fleet's and fit perfectly. If I were to build an AT-TE to a 3- 3/4 inch scale, I estimate it would have to be five times the size of the Action Fleet. That would be two and feet long. My AT-TE is only 18 inches long.
http://www.artoosnews.com/featuredfan/featuredfanandrewsherant.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
02-04-2004, 12:55 PM
D'oh, JJB you clipped me by a minute. I was going to post that I had just found this out as well....

Oh well, still it's a good custom!

Maybe Hasbro should stand up and take notice! Hire that kid and GIVE US AN AT-TE and Dropship!

JEDIpartner
02-04-2004, 02:20 PM
He did a very nice job on these. Well done!!!

Beast
02-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Damn good job, especially since he's only 14. Especially since he had a lot of folks twice his age, drooling over them for hours before the truth was revealed. I hope that they end up being produced. Especially given how much excitement seems to be held for them. But it seems we'll have to wait longer for them. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Maybe Hasbro could hire him as an apprentice (sp?) sculpter?

Turbowars
02-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm surprise you guys fell for it? Here's why, the info is from RS.lol Another reason would be that the cockpit is wrong on the drop ship and you can see the curved door way top as well. They are very nice customs though!

Jargo
02-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey! I'd just got out of bed and my head was still fuzzy, I should have known better and that it was likely just another hits grabbing stunt by RS. I mean they'll do anything to fill a page with 'news'. But it would be cool, if a kid can figure it out then they surely can too. Even if they sold it a large bundle with both vehicles at the shuttle price point I reckon I'd possibly buy them. It aint gonna happen though really. No retailer will take large boxed toy goods anymore. Too much of a capital risk. I'm thinking there won't be many large vehicles in EP3 to facilitate merchandising hitting the right price bracket to guarantee sales. So it's likely fighter craft will be the biggest stuff. Speeders. I know there's the re-release of the falcon this year but i reckon it'll be a small production run, bare minimum. I won't be buying it i know that much. It's big clunky out of scale, badly in need of being dumped as a mold and replaced with something fresh and up to date and new and accurate and sharper in detail. Adding lights and sounds to it won't make it any more attractive just more expensive. Firing missiles just makes it less accurate. And i bet you still won't be able to get two figures in the cockpit let alone chewbacca. No point in owning a hunk of plastic that won't take the pilots. Seems like a totally pointless effort to me. A waste of budget. The drop ship and AT-TE would be worthwhile producing to get a good return, how many of you guys would buy multiples of them? I'd think about buying two of each....

oh -waffle waffle. What's the point anymore. It's like shouting into the wind with hasbroken.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Damn, all my customs suck compared to that. Not that I could even try to make a custom vehicle. Now I also see why his collection won. :p

rust
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Aww, those looked cool! Maybe I should buy them from the kid. But wait I have an idea. what if Hasbro takes preorders for and AT-TE and Drop Ship set on their site and only make that many as ordered. *Thinks of putting it in Dear Hasbro*

jedi master sal
02-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Aww, those looked cool! Maybe I should buy them from the kid. But wait I have an idea. what if Hasbro takes preorders for and AT-TE and Drop Ship set on their site and only make that many as ordered. *Thinks of putting it in Dear Hasbro*

Hasbro won't do that. For one, to many people can back out of this. Others on the other hand that didn't get a chance to order will want them and not get them. Even taking into account the people who might cancel their order and those who would gladly take that order, there still wouldn't be enough for Hasbro. Besides, there are many who might not know of this kind of promotion, for instance kids (you have to agree that the vast majority of collectors of sites like this one are adults). Anyway, were they to make it to stores, those kids and other collectors and casual fans would buy as well. So in reality were Hasbro to produce this it would have to be in fairly good numbers. With retailers taking hits on large toy items though, it would be a good idea not to sell the two craft together.

We just have to have hope and continue to ask Hasbro for the things we want. Hopefully they'll get it through their heads and produce it.